Dear Gus

Not looked this thread until now.

Taking a quick read over the pages, I am totally astonished by the amount of absolute cack that some people are posting.

The board should swallow their pride and approach Gus with an apology.

I've seriously not read so much utter mince since putting S*lent M*jority on 'ignore'! :lol: Danny Lennon is, what, seven matches into the SPL season, the team played the best that we have seen them so far on Saturday. Yes, the result was extremely disappointing and we'll have to see a change in defensive lineup and some better results coming our way pretty soon. But get an effing grip, Danny is the club manager and as St Mirren 'supporters' we should be 100% behind him, not harking back to previous managers and coming up with ridiculous suggestion like asking them to come back, when the season is only 7 matches old. It is pathetic and shows a complete lack of support, bottle and common-sense. It would also make us the laughing stock of Scottish football, which we aren't at present, despite what many of the new-knicker-wetters/gusophiles are suggesting.

If you have to ask people why it is a stupid suggestion, when it is hinted at in more than two or three posts why it is a stupid suggestion and you still don't get it, then it's time to have a serious re-think about your status as a St Mirren fan.

Bring back gus after 7 matches... FFS, what a ludicrous idea!

Edited by ktf

My god, this thread is a pile of turgid pish. 7 games in and people are wanting danny gone. Piss off and go support the old firm or one of the capital clubs, I'm sure they will quite happily satisfy your revolving door views.

The immaturity levels and the un-realistic views held by some on here are getting ever more sickening and cringe worthy. If you are a 14 year old then fair play, you don't know any better. But anyone older than myself at 18, and therefore have been following saints longer, and still comin out with the whining, moaning, greeting after 7 games should be ashamed of themselves.

Grow up for god sake. This is St Mirren. Deal with it, and love it, and be unhappy if you want, but don't expunge all your shite on the rest of us. And if you do insist on doing so, make it constructive, and realistic. Not "DL is pish, bring back GM." Because that does f**k all for anyone.

I thought the negativity on this place would clear up post-gus, but I wish I had never found this site now, as it has inadvertantly had an affgect on how I view our club, and most importantly my fellow supporters.

Gus MacPherson.

There can't be many arguments against such an appointment, he as already proven himself as the most successful St Mirren manager in 20 years.

The board should swallow their pride and approach Gus with an apology. After all, he is out of work at the moment, and has an outstanding CV. But, saying that, after the way MacPherson was treated by the board and many on here, I wouldn't be surprised if he turned such an offer down. I bet he is sitting at home laughing at our expense every Saturday.

I've read some shite on this forum but this takes the piss. You need to have a serious look at yourself.

If your not on the wind up then you seriously need to get some help.

My god, this thread is a pile of turgid pish. 7 games in and people are wanting danny gone. Piss off and go support the old firm or one of the capital clubs, I'm sure they will quite happily satisfy your revolving door views.

On the contrary. I have consistantly stated the club were wrong to get rid of Gus MacPherson, and current evidence suggests that may be correct but only time will tel (do we have time though?)l. So, if you want to talk about "revolving door views" maybe you should direct your comments to those who called for the sacking of St Mirren's most successful manager in 2 decades. Thats what I call "nonsense" and "unrealistic" to use the words of others on here.

It's ironic how people are now spreading the words "loyalty," "support," "100% behind the manager" and "being constructive." Think back 6 months and and look at the comments made by the very same people regarding our last (and most successful) manager. The loyalty of these people should be brought into question.

I take it you're one of the flag flying spotty young Supra types? One day you might learn.

On the contrary. I have consistantly stated the club were wrong to get rid of Gus MacPherson, and current evidence suggests that may be correct but only time will tel (do we have time though?)l. So, if you want to talk about "revolving door views" maybe you should direct your comments to those who called for the sacking of St Mirren's most successful manager in 2 decades. Thats what I call "nonsense" and "unrealistic" to use the words of others on here.

It's ironic how people are now spreading the words "loyalty," "support," "100% behind the manager" and "being constructive." Think back 6 months and and look at the comments made by the very same people regarding our last (and most successful) manager. The loyalty of these people should be brought into question.

I take it you're one of the flag flying spotty young Supra types? One day you might learn.

Most folk supported the last manager for a few YEARS. Not a few games.

It was apparent that things had to change. If anything, the Board were slow to react. By around ayear and a half IMHO.

Now. Time will tell if they replaced him with the right person and, I have to admit, the jury is almost on it's way back, but I believe Gus would have struggled as badly as DL has given the monetary constraints forced on him.

I was disappointed - and not a little exasperated - that Gus McPherson parted company with Saints but there is absolutely no point whatsoever in bemoaning that fact. Yes, he was the most successful Saints manager of the last 20 years and, in my opinion, shouldn't have gone. But he has and now Danny Lennon is in charge and he should be backed and supported as much as possible.

It comes as little surprise, however, that many of the ones doing the complaining are the ones who've always done the complaining. Which says more about them than it does about the club, management & players.

It's gonna be a long hard season, which is not a first, so let's just get on with supporting the team and less of the in-fighting. Okay doaky? :wink:

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Most folk supported the last manager for a few YEARS. Not a few games.

It was apparent that things had to change. If anything, the Board were slow to react. By around ayear and a half IMHO.

Now. Time will tell if they replaced him with the right person and, I have to admit, the jury is almost on it's way back, but I believe Gus would have struggled as badly as DL has given the monetary constraints forced on him.

Why did things have to change? DO you remember the previous 15 years when we were hovering between mid and bottom of the 1st divisison. You can believe what you want, but, at the end of the day Gus has a proven track record. Lennon doesn't.

Why did things have to change? DO you remember the previous 15 years when we were hovering between mid and bottom of the 1st divisison. You can believe what you want, but, at the end of the day Gus has a proven track record. Lennon doesn't.

Because.

His brand of football was turning people away from the club.

He openly flaunted his condemnation of the boards actions in trying to reduce costs. Not least by his ridiculous and, for my mind, childish decision to name a reduced substitute list rather than give youth a chance and running to the media with complaints about finances.

Furthermore. It seemed that Gus wasn't accepting the reality that cuts would have to be made this season so, in actual fact, a person with higher morals might have walked rather than be pushed.

Finally.

Because what we were witnessing on the park was woeful and the capitulation at Hampden was one of immense proportions.

I don't understand how anyone can seriously believe that Gus was the messiah and would steer us clear of relegation yet again given that he would have definitely lost Dorman and Mehmet, propably Innes too given those financial limitations.

Maybe he'd have kept Johnston, O'Donnell and Ross!

If you keep jumping on a trapdoor, chances are, it will eventually open.

This track record you speak of was marred by an horrendous start including the only defeat from Brechin City in our history. Were you calling for Gus's head back then the way you are now with Danny , or weren't you too interested because we were a lower half 1st division club?

Whoever is in charge should be given more than 7 games to prove that they're up for it anyway. Gus did ok for 3 years , but after that he started believing his own press and in his eyes was bigger than the club itself. He was lucky to last as long as he did ! :)

Because.

His brand of football was turning people away from the club.

He openly flaunted his condemnation of the boards actions in trying to reduce costs. Not least by his ridiculous and, for my mind, childish decision to name a reduced substitute list rather than give youth a chance and running to the media with complaints about finances.

Furthermore. It seemed that Gus wasn't accepting the reality that cuts would have to be made this season so, in actual fact, a person with higher morals might have walked rather than be pushed.

Finally.

Because what we were witnessing on the park was woeful and the capitulation at Hampden was one of immense proportions.

I don't understand how anyone can seriously believe that Gus was the messiah and would steer us clear of relegation yet again given that he would have definitely lost Dorman and Mehmet, propably Innes too given those financial limitations.

Maybe he'd have kept Johnston, O'Donnell and Ross!

If you keep jumping on a trapdoor, chances are, it will eventually open.

You are just another emample of how St Mirren fans know no loyalty. Given what he did for our club, he deserved loyalty for the fans. He had never let us down and yet individuals like yourself turned on him, for what are clearly personal issues. Shame on you. The club is better without supporters like that.

You are just another emample of how St Mirren fans know no loyalty. Given what he did for our club, he deserved loyalty for the fans. He had never let us down and yet individuals like yourself turned on him, for what are clearly personal issues. Shame on you. The club is better without supporters like that.

Know no loyalty? Yet you are asking for a manager to be sacked after only 7 games, where is your loyalty? Gus was given 7 years, many fans gave 5/6 years loyalty before many turned against him for obvious reasons i.e. football being pish, shite signings etc.

He let us down big time at Hampden with the best chance St Mirren will have of winning a cup in probably my life time, this in fact was the final straw for many and the reason many who had not already turned on him, did turn.

There are no personal issues as I'm sure the vast majority of people on here do not know Gus personally.

You should support the current manager, whoever he may be. Asking for him to be sacked after 7 games...SHAME ON YOU!

Quite incredible this thread.

Was it really a small band of forum posters who were responsible for Gus losing his job ? Forum members make up a very small part of our support.

Were there demonstrations at St Mirren Park ? Nope

Was there boooing at games to get Gus out ? Nope

The way I see it Gus on a regular basis talked to the press complaining how he had to work with such a low budget. He also mentioned he would be off to England given the chance putting himself in the shop window.

The board seen the need for the budget to be cut something Gus would find hard to swallow given his constant rantings to the press.

So have to agree with the board a new direction was needed , a new way of thinking so wether you like Lennon or not he is our manager and as such should be given our full support rather than constantly going on about a previous manager who has hee haw to do with the club.

You're clearly not happy with the actions that the board took during the summer. Why don't you give Stewart Gilmour a call at the ground and speak to him and ask him to outline his position? He is usually quite happy to chat with the fans.

Know no loyalty? Yet you are asking for a manager to be sacked after only 7 games, where is your loyalty? Gus was given 7 years, many fans gave 5/6 years loyalty before many turned against him for obvious reasons i.e. football being pish, shite signings etc.

He let us down big time at Hampden with the best chance St Mirren will have of winning a cup in probably my life time, this in fact was the final straw for many and the reason many who had not already turned on him, did turn.

There are no personal issues as I'm sure the vast majority of people on here do not know Gus personally.

You should support the current manager, whoever he may be. Asking for him to be sacked after 7 games...SHAME ON YOU!

At Hampden Gus set up his team in a formation that worked outstandingly against Rangers. Short of puting the ball in the net himself there was nothing else Gus could have done to help us win. If anyone let us doen that day, it was the players, but i prefer not to look at it that way as these things happen in sport. For the record I have never put it in writing on this board that i wanted Lennon sacked. I merely stated who a suitable replacement would be at this time. WHo said I didn't support the current manager?

Shame on you.

Edited by civilsaint

At Hampden Gus set up his team in a formation that worked outstandingly against Rangers. Short of puting the ball in the net himself there was nothing else Gus could have done to help us win. If anyone let us doen that day, it was the players, but i prefer not to look at it that way as these things happen in sport. For the record I very put it in writing on this board that i wanted Lennon sacked. I merely stated who a suitable replacement would be at this time. WHo said I didn't support the current manager?

Shame on you.

WTF does that mean ?

At Hampden Gus set up his team in a formation that worked outstandingly against Rangers. Short of puting the ball in the net himself there was nothing else Gus could have done to help us win. If anyone let us doen that day, it was the players, but i prefer not to look at it that way as these things happen in sport. For the record I have never put it in writing on this board that i wanted Lennon sacked. I merely stated who a suitable replacement would be at this time. WHo said I didn't support the current manager?

Shame on you.

So you don't want Lennon sacked? But you do want him replaced?

Surely by stating who a replacement would be, this indicated that you are not in support of the current manager.

I'm trying to lower my knowledge and common sense to your level but I can't seem to manage. You spout utter pish.

So you don't want Lennon sacked? But you do want him replaced?

Surely by stating who a replacement would be, this indicated that you are not in support of the current manager.

I'm trying to lower my knowledge and common sense to your level but I can't seem to manage. You spout utter pish.

Keep telling yourself that. You clearly havce the intelect of most St Mirren and indeed football fans.

Should the position become available, iI was offering a suggestion, as someone else had previously asked for. If you were to ask me who I rated as the better manager, the answer would be easy, but it doesn't mean I won't support St Mirren under Lennon.

Keep telling yourself that. You clearly havce the intelect of most St Mirren and indeed football fans.

Should the position become available, iI was offering a suggestion, as someone else had previously asked for. If you were to ask me who I rated as the better manager, the answer would be easy, but it doesn't mean I won't support St Mirren under Lennon.

And that suggestion was the most ridiculous thing I've heard for a long time.

For starters, Lennon will get atleast 1 full season to prove himself. The chances after this, if things don't work out, of Gus getting the job again are 10000000000000/1.

If you want £1 on that, I'll happily take your money.

Gus has gone, his name should be banned from this forum.

And that suggestion was the most ridiculous thing I've heard for a long time.

For starters, Lennon will get atleast 1 full season to prove himself. The chances after this, if things don't work out, of Gus getting the job again are 10000000000000/1.

If you want £1 on that, I'll happily take your money.

Gus has gone, his name should be banned from this forum.

Hmmmm.

I wouldn't put money on that...

Gus had at least proven he could do the job after gaining promotion and savings Saints from instant relegation. DL has yet to prove himself.

Tho it's far to early to be calling for his replacement, currently his jaicket peg is merely secured with NoNails... :unsure:

Quite incredible this thread.

Was it really a small band of forum posters who were responsible for Gus losing his job ? Forum members make up a very small part of our support.

Were there demonstrations at St Mirren Park ? Nope

Was there boooing at games to get Gus out ? Nope

Was Stuart Gilmour & Co getting it in the neck week after week in person from loud mouth boo boys?

Yip.