Top Five Pubs.

Isle Of Bute Saint

Corner Bar - Lochwinnoch

My local within the village where trades men tend to drink so you get a good laugh and more often than not football is topic. Sandy the owner is a top man ex PE teacher.

The Anchor - Port Bannintyne

Charlie the owner makes this pub special. His patter brings tears to your eys. Cleans his pipes often so you get one of the best pints of Tennents anywhere. The throth is always sticking to the glass right to the bottom. Great coal fire in winter. Fantastic choice of malts.

Calums - Johnstone

Formerly Cones this has the best pub grub I have tasted in a long time. Bit by bit the owner has been spending money improving the place. Last time home there was good live music on a Saturday night so hopefully that is still running on my return.

Kilty Kilty - Paisley

Anytime I have been in this pub after games I have always enjoyed it. Always a good friendly bunch of punters when I have been in.

Bar Point - PaisleyUntil us supporters get a bar at the stadium this is my bar of choice. Girls behind the bar are on the ball with quick service. Busy pub but I make my way through to where the pool tables are as you can always get a seat through there. Do you still get one drink half price with a season ticket.

You must be joking mate, i used to work there, and i live round the corner from it, its a shithole

Most saints fans don't live in Paisley?! Are you sure about that? :blink:

I am staying in a place where I can travel to my home town of Paisley and head out to any one of the best five pubs in my home town of Paisley. The town represented by the football club called St. Mirren, of which this is an unofficial website. Hence the reason I posted that you surely mean the Top Five Pubs in Paisley.

Are you not staying in Aberdeen and your mamies hoose is in Elderslie :blink: . So what your saying is you have to come from Paisley to support St Mirren :blink: Me thinks your just being difficult today probably to a server lack of getting your hole :lol::lol::P

You must be joking mate, i used to work there, and i live round the corner from it, its a shithole

I take it your talking about Bar Point - As a pre-match stop over it does the job.

Season ticket holders buy one drink and get the other half price.

A good few TV's all over the pub showing football.

Barmaids who are on the ball - meaning service is quick.

The place is full of St Mirren fans pre-match to which I am writing about and why it's in my top five. Not because I would stay well clear of it on a Saturday night.

Take it you have not had your hole in a while ether :lol::lol::lol::P

Quiet Man, surely you jest

Got tapped for money by two dodgy characters that i know before i even got through the doors of the place

We've been drinking in there before home games with absolutely no hassle.(apart from a wee fight one night)

Afton?

I thought, "Surely you jest!".

The Afton appears a few times in this 2006 thread about Paisley's 5 shittiest pubs.

Though not as often as one called O'Neills. :)

(Which is now gone/transformed, IIRC...)

Naw bluto,it's alright.A good pint,good prices,excellent for people watching and the karaoke is not to be missed. :rolleyes:

As davidg mentions the Welly is another good pub.When you go up to the bar for a 2nd time the bar staff will say "same again" and know what your previous round was.A real pub.

Naw bluto,it's alright.A good pint,good prices,excellent for people watching and the karaoke is not to be missed. :rolleyes:

As davidg mentions the Welly is another good pub.When you go up to the bar for a 2nd time the bar staff will say "same again" and know what your previous round was.A real pub.

Sometimes I wish I'd never moved out of Canal Street ! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agree with that. I used to go in there on a Saturday night with an old mate of mine, Karaoke was good fun in there. :happyclapper

I like the sound of that service. :rolleyes: Haven't been in there for years and years and years!

Edited by Tracy Barlow Loyal