The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

There is going to be a feature on the CIC on BBC Reporting Scotland tonight featuring Richard Atkinson, Gordon Smith, Chick Young and some clown who is well known on this forum (and no it isn't me !)

The TV news programme at 6.30pm?

How do you know what the potential pitfalls are of the system before you actually know what the system entails ? :unsure::blink:

The CIC will in the next 24 hours begin to take details of those who are interested in finding out how it all works.

In due course (within the next 7 days I expect) all of those interested individuals or organisations will be sent documentation wich aims to explain exactly how it works and hopefully answering the most common questions.

Then there will be a shareholders meeting(s) and public meeting(s) and probably some updates to the CIC website to answer any other questions that come up.

I am in exactly the same boat as you Stu, I have questions as well, there are things I don't understand. I don't see the point however in throwing questions and concerns on to this public forum and expecting anyone to answer them with the correct response.

I also can't see why any St.Mirren supporter wouldn't approach this with an open and positive mind from the off.

Forget everything you have read and heard about this, wait until you are in possession of the facts, and then make up your own mind would be my advice on all of this.

Plenty of other people have posted questions on here about the move that have been answered. My initial question last night - is there a tax benefit for a company giving cash to a CIC - was a general one for all CICs and companies, rather than this particular one, so someone could have had the answer.

I have an open mind on it, I will register my interest and if everything seems to add up I'll probably contribute my cash. However, I don't see the harm in asking questions and raising points for discussion.

I could see your point if all the less than embracing posts on this thread were in the tone of those posted by animal and a few others at various points - ie: using less than temperate language, and casting thinly veiled aspersions in respect of the key players.

As it is, I'm a little surprised that you are suggesting (or advising) that people shouldn't air their scepticism, doubts, and anxieties on what it, after all, an unofficial supporters forum. As far as I can tell, no-one has over-stepped the mark, and the vast majority of posts are measured and considered in their tone and content. Indeed, it seems reasonable to surmise from all but a very few of the posts that no-one is looking for this to fail.

Being sceptical and concerned isn't being negative. Expecting open minds is fine if it wasn't for the fact that a great many people have a great deal invested - emotionally if not necessarily financially - in the future of this club. I also think it is possible to be open-minded, realtively positive, but sceptical and concerned, all at the same time.

Agree with that, particularly the final paragraph. Don't see a problem with being sceptical and concerned.

There is going to be a feature on the CIC on BBC Reporting Scotland tonight featuring Richard Atkinson, Gordon Smith, Chick Young and some clown who is well known on this forum (and no it isn't me !)

Cool. Will there be a similar (probably longer) thing on Sportsound tonight?

The fact the r*ngers takeover won't be happening today should get us a bit more coverage.

Just heard Chick talking about it and he seems very upbeat about it.He mentioned Church Services at the ground:............it'll be good to hear a bit of singing!!!Chick also revealed a car is being built for the 300 members who sign up.I don't know about this as it could create a them and us situation.What happens if more than 300 want to be members?

There was nothing on the TV today, just the usual guff about r*ngers non-take-over <_<

Just heard Chick talking about it and he seems very upbeat about it.He mentioned Church Services at the ground:............it'll be good to hear a bit of singing!!!Chick also revealed a car is being built for the 300 members who sign up.I don't know about this as it could create a them and us situation.What happens if more than 300 want to be members?

I think Barcelona were quoted in this piece. They are 100% CIC you could argue. Not sure if this is a good comparison ! Still no mention of where the £2,000,000 is coming from. Did Chick not think to ask that ?

It's difficult to make out what organisations are onboard as the logos are too small.

Those that are obvious include...

Kibble Works

Accord Hospice

Cash 4 Kids

Kelburne Hockey/Cricket Club

Strathclyde Police (?)

Who/What are the others involved?

Dickson Pipe Fitting?:ph34r:

It's difficult to make out what organisations are onboard as the logos are too small.

Kibble Works

Accord Hospice

Cash 4 Kids

Strathclyde Police (?)

They've underwent a few changes - the logos on the website. Things are very fluid and fast-moving at the minute in regard to this whole thing. I'm permanently on standby awaiting a request from Richard or Div to amend the graphics! The next time you check back, they might have changed again!

Patience all round folks!

Edited by pozbaird

Yeah I did wonder about that. Apparently it needs 300 folk paying a tenner a month and 12 businesses paying 10k a year. What happens if we manage to get double that? In the link Drew posted Richard Atkinson said it would be up to the folk in the CIC to decide how it would be funded and one day it could be 3,000 folk paying a quid, so I suppose that means there's no limit.

The church idea was a bit of a surprise and it'll be interesting to see how that pans out. However, he'd talked earlier in the interview about organisations coming on board and gaining access to the facilities, which suggested to me it would be free access. Then he mentioned the churches would be renting the facilities. Of course, I suppose it's extremely unlikely that churches will be stumping up £10k a year to join up - I can't see that going down well with some churchy folk :lol:

EDIT: Forgot to add, he talks about the "equivalent" of £10,000. Does that mean he'll take Euros, or a company can come on board if it offers the equivalent of £10,000 of services to the club?

Edited by Stu

Kibble Works

Accord Hospice

Cash 4 Kids

Strathclyde Police (?)

One looks like it's a group called cgc Paisley. Another might be Pace Drama Group?

Kibble Works

Accord Hospice

Cash 4 Kids

Strathclyde Police (?)

CGC Paisley (Christian Growth Centre Paisley)

Ok sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but ive just been reading papers and watching interviews etc

I am very interested in becoming one of the 300 supporters to help produce revenue for our club but what a wanted to know if anyone can answer that is what is the main benefits for us as individuals?

I know we will get to vote for Chairmans/Presidents similar to clubs like Barcelona but what else will we be getting for our money?

Thanks

One looks like it's a group called cgc Paisley. Another might be Pace Drama Group?

Are these the 'companies' who have pledged £10,000 ? Why would a hospice pay out £10,000 a year ? Have PACE got £10,000 to pay out ? Why are the companies in involved ""very fluid and fast-moving at the minute"" ? Either they have signed up or they have not. Suspect they might not be very pleased if their logo is being used with out their agreement.