The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

Having read the 10,000 hour document I will be more than happy to become a member. There are a few questions but generally it looks good. I like the fact that the board will be made up from voted in members.

Hopefully St Mirren will become a shinning example in the way forward for provincial clubs. Here is hoping the St Mirren support embrace this and become members to take the club forward for the price of a couple of pints of beer a month.

Any grammatical errors? :P

No just the wrong spelling of Bryan McAusland.Easy mistake. :wink:

On a serious note the majority of our supporters club think that the £2,000,000 is overpriced and if a payment plan had been structured we would be off and running by now and the support for the Cic would be overwhelming.We obviously have to find the cash before we even get on a level keel and i dont like the fact we will be in debt before we even kick a baw.

I'm surprised Supporters have any money left to contribute to CIC's.

After Season Tickets, Car park tickets tops are purchased it's a bit much for the Club to be looking for more of our dough.

Super dooper, we get a Fans bar to spend more of our money in.

Summat just aint right about the whole scenario.

Genuine questions.

How much of a financial problem is it to the CIC if we drop below 300 members after a couple of years or so.

How much of a financial problem is it to the CIC if we fail to replace corporate members who pull out leaving us below the required 12?

Cheers. :)

After Season Tickets, Car park tickets tops are purchased it's a bit much for the Club to be looking for more of our dough.

Mainly because you're not sure, but don't want to be left out, and it involves you opening yer wallet? :wink:

Edited by Leith Buddie

No just the wrong spelling of Bryan McAusland.Easy mistake. :wink:

On a serious note the majority of our supporters club think that the £2,000,000 is overpriced and if a payment plan had been structured we would be off and running by now and the support for the Cic would be overwhelming.We obviously have to find the cash before we even get on a level keel and i dont like the fact we will be in debt before we even kick a baw.

Really? Shoot the designer. :lol:

No, on second thoughts, shoot whoever gave the designer the information for the document. That's better.

It's worth noting that any typo' errors aren't taken on by individuals or the club, they are taken on by 10000hours CIC. My typing errors are asset locked, and cannot be used in evidence against me in court. B)

...aye, right enough. Sorry Bryan, or Brian even. Ach, as Rory McIlroy says, shit happens, life goes on. I'll change it right now in time for the next revision.

Edited by pozbaird

The only thing I and what seems like most people want answered is the debt in finer detail.

That I'm sure will be answered in final detail if e-mail and at meeting's.

I can only speak for myself Shull. St Mirren is a passion that's been with me for the more than 40 years. I would love nothing more than to see success as it's brings a joy and happiness that very few thinks can match. Remember 1987 or our European nights or simply having a good run in the league. If I can help the club move forward in some small way then I will.

Not everyone can afford 10 pounds a month but those who can I am sure in the most part will become members.

Folks,

While it is not terribly practical to answer questions on a piecemeal basis just now we will start to go through some of the previously posted questions on this and the offical forum that can be answered in a more straight forward manner, in order to clear up some easily resolved queries.

We will have some online Q&A sessions shortly and the public meetings which will be a better forum to deal with some of the more complex questions and concerns.

We all appreciate your patience and the fact that many are really giving the issue considerable thought and articulating some worthy questions.

Glad to hear it. Have a green dot - can't believe folk were giving red ones out for this post.

I've read the document and yes it does look good. With the risk of sounding sceptical I'm going to wait a while before deciding on whether to participate. I would love to do so and £10 a month is a very reasonable amount, however £120 extra a year for a student is a fair whack, so I'm going to wait until further info comes out. I'd love to participate, but need to know how much value for money it is for me personally (selfish I know) and how it benefits me and the club. Once I'm working I will look to buy into the CIC regardless, but in the short term, I might have to just back the team the old fashioned way by paying at the turnstyles. :)

Guest somner9

very sketchy on detail, interesting that the fans are at the end of the line considering the funding will not be forthcoming unless the agreed involvement of individuals quota is met. and although initially it will not post debt to SMFC it relies on as you would expect the monies generated by SMFC to exist.

it's an individual, community or corporate decision?

corporate - enhanced visibilty by involvement with community/supporters part owned football club (a degree of advertising, PR, Involvement and engagement with the supporters and community. also networking although limited unless a whole host of CIC's spring up i.e. other clubs/sports/organisations) powerful say in running of club and directing it's interests and policies (although they put NO money into club) as the document would seem to suggest these are NOT local businesses???

community - enhanced visibilty by involvement with corporate/supporters part owned football club (a degree of advertising, PR, involvement and engagement with corporate groups and supporters. increased networking opportuinities with other community groups, supporters etc, a say in running the club red light here! is it a good or bad thing that conceivably a church/community group that are capable of raising widespread sympathy could start to dictate club policy? and! they are already chosen!!! (and they don't put MONEY into the club)

individual - a bar subject to community group approval??? (picture not great as it looks like a hangar, but surely it will look better), the community groups will be eager to get you involved with their party, the corporate groups eager for you to avail yourself of their services. unless the 300 are united less of a say than the above (this group probably already put a lot of money into the club)

an idividual in the CIC is NOT! a shareholder in the club (you have no voting rights at AGM/EGM etc) there is access to a say in a vote however if you ask 300 st mirren fans what their gripping issue is.......... you get the picture

the existing other shareholders (48%) who have actually PUT money into the club are gauranteed 1 (10000 hours) board member only

so we already have board members co-opted on that havent put funding into the club, this will continue as the document reveals "The funding to repay any debt will come

from two main areas. Firstly, the enhanced trading of the assets of St Mirren FC"

happy with that? as the money raised by CIC only goes to buy the 52% shares, not in any way does it go INTO the club

i could go on but before the RA luvvies jump me these are purely my thoughts and observations, and it has to be recognised since the 52% went up for sale this is the only proposal that has actually come to the table.

the choices? keep the status quo (gilmour etc have to sit on it) money is tight but we are better placed than most!

or

go down the CIC route?

no money into the club, relying on club to pay debts, will take time to stabilise, obvious uncertainty (will they be able to work together for the CLUB's interest) TWO boards (Club and 10000 members, unless the other 48% shareholders form a Third board?)

( hmmm personally with so many non local Companies/businesses and pre-selected community groups holding sway on what the club does or dosent do i worry)

my biggest problem is that the corporate and community members of CIC are already chosen. now CIC are looking for 300 individuals to "Tick the funding boxes" cart before the horse?

Guest somner9

I've read the document and yes it does look good. With the risk of sounding sceptical I'm going to wait a while before deciding on whether to participate. I would love to do so and £10 a month is a very reasonable amount, however £120 extra a year for a student is a fair whack, so I'm going to wait until further info comes out. I'd love to participate, but need to know how much value for money it is for me personally (selfish I know) and how it benefits me and the club. Once I'm working I will look to buy into the CIC regardless, but in the short term, I might have to just back the team the old fashioned way by paying at the turnstyles. :)

re your last line "I might have to just back the team the old fashioned way by paying at the turnstyles. :)

money directly into the club! go to the top of the class/study group etc

cash always works, words are oh so cheap. keep on the old fashioned way :D

I am sold on the overall concept and will certainly participate. I think with the right level of enthusiasm it is the right approach to the future of the club.

I do have some level of scepticism though - over whether we will get the required backing of the community in general, and therefore what the implications would be where the "loans" etc are concerned. I guess I also have a concern over whether the CiC can long term provide the right candidates for the actual running of the club. That's a concern in any case though, and at least it should guarantee that the motives are correct.

I am sold on the overall concept and will certainly participate. I think with the right level of enthusiasm it is the right approach to the future of the club.

I do have some level of scepticism though - over whether we will get the required backing of the community in general, and therefore what the implications would be where the "loans" etc are concerned. I guess I also have a concern over whether the CiC can long term provide the right candidates for the actual running of the club. That's a concern in any case though, and at least it should guarantee that the motives are correct.

I agree with everything you say. I too am enthusiastic about the idea, the concept, but need to know the nuts and bolts. I don't know them, but I didn't expect them to be answered in a launch document or on a fan forum. My hope would be that if it comes off, and the initial target figures of 300 individual, 12 corporate, and 24 community are met, then it might be self-generating in interest, with more people coming on board when they see others have done so. My fear is what happens if it doesn't start well, and commitment from 'the community' simply isn't there. It seems a bit of a Catch 22 situation for the people behind the plan at the moment. They need to secure the funding, and couldn't hope to attract individuals, corporate and community members until they could show the funding was happening. On the other side of the coin, to get the funding, they'd need to show the funders that the individual, corporate, and community groups would back the plan!

It could go round and round in a never-ending circle... unless firm commitments come from somewhere first. My gut feeling is that I will join as an individual member - working on the theory that even if I do have some reservations and unanswered questions at the moment, they should be answered come the time to join and pay my £10 p.m. I also have a gut feeling that it will definitely fail if I sit on my hands, don't take the plunge, and cross my arms waiting for someone else to jump first. I'm willing to take the plunge to try and do my bit to help it succeed.

Still a lot of questions to be raised and answered, but encouragingly, platforms for those questions to be asked and answered are being put in place.

Pity we couldn't get more supporters to pay in the old fashion you.

I,m still pay for my student son.

Edited by pod

Still a lot of questions to be raised and answered, but encouragingly, platforms for those questions to be asked and answered are being put in place.

Absolutely. Whatever some may think of the CIC or Richard Atkinson, you certainly can't accuse them of a lack of transparency. The sheer contrast to Dundee's Mellville shambles. Just a couple of weeks before they went into administration, fans were reassured they were debt free, and had launched bids for a couple of players. A fortnight later Mellville had bolted, Dundee were in £2million in debt and staring into the abyss.

We have our doubts but Richard Atkinson is being totally straight and up front with the fans, which is what a lot of supporters have been crying out for for years. The one thing we have to remember is any loans etc are burdened by 10,000 hours and not the club, not to mention the asset lock. This provides our club with a long term future whilst keeping snakes like Mellville and Massone from killing our great club.

Let's see what happens eh! :)

There is no doubt the proposal is a complicated one, and this has resulted in elongating the exercise of getting the information out in front of the most important group in this whole proposition the fans. It is essential that the St Mirren supporters have the opportunity to make up their own minds on the merits of this model.

St Mirren have always been a community club, but this proposition being put forward would create something unique, and can (and indeed should), only succeed with the backing and full-on involvement of the St Mirren support.

We believe the proposal has many benefits to offer where it matters most - on the pitch. Naturally it is not without drawbacks, but we would hope that as the debate opens up on this topic you will consider the whole proposition, and draw your own conclusions on this exciting opportunity at St Mirren.

St Mirren is YOUR club, so whatever you do, don’t stand back and let others decide on the future of your football club. Get involved and let your opinions be known.

This paragraph at the end of the document sums it up for me, this proposal isn’t for everyone and it is correct that we should debate the biggest question to fans of the club since SG took over the board or the lobbying of the council to allow the new ground to be built.

I also have my reservations judging by some of the debates we as a fan group have on here or in the pubs after the game I am not convinced we would agree on the colour of shite sometimes, can we be trusted to vote on board electives and run a football club?

What is the alternative I can envisage two outcomes.

Mr Buddie full of the best intentions in the world pumps money into the first team, funds some players that the fans are happy and we start climb league. Mr Buddie’s personal fortune takes a kicking for some reason and he pulls out from funding the club. Our natural income can't meet our outgoings we goto the bank but with no real assetts to secure a loan on we get told to bugger off. Next we are robbing Peter or pay Paul or rather HMRC to pay Potter in an attempt to trade our way out of trouble. HMRC get pissed and call in the debt back to square one :(

Miss Budett has a spare two million quid, she buys the saints and decides football is a bit of a mugs game that its unlikely you will see much of a return on your money. She sets stadium company and develops the unused parts so that she can get the two million quid back that she spent buying the club. She also decides that youth players are the only way to sustain the football club and gets our kids on some decent contracts. Kenny McLean and Connor Ramsay come into their own the team is playing well and we reach the lofty hights of 7th in the SPL.

Million pound offers from English Prem come in for our young star players and they are off.

What a season, the next year the best we can muster is a couple of jedward lookalikes and some has-beens Danny lennon has them playing “good football” but we could score in a smack hoose back to the first division we go.

Mr Buddie followed the Dundee/Grenta/*** Cnt model and while we had some amazing highs the consequences of his good intentions has buggered us for years to come.

Miss Budett is a fan of Ronnie Mac at Hamilton and that’s no bad thing but at the end of a day it’s a business to her. And who knows when she will get bored and sell on to Mr Buddie.

Again I know I have just spouted a lot of rubbish and you’re asking what my point is. Simply if you disagree with the CiC what would YOU like to happen? I could probably live with someone like Ronnie Mac at our club but I am not convinced I like the idea of one person having so much control over my football team.

Edited by kenbud

Really? Shoot the designer. :lol:

No, on second thoughts, shoot whoever gave the designer the information for the document. That's better.

It's worth noting that any typo' errors aren't taken on by individuals or the club, they are taken on by 10000hours CIC. My typing errors are asset locked, and cannot be used in evidence against me in court. B)

...aye, right enough. Sorry Bryan, or Brian even. Ach, as Rory McIlroy says, shit happens, life goes on. I'll change it right now in time for the next revision.

:lol::lol: :lol: