The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

The wicket is beginning to look stickier! :(

Not really...

More time doesn't equal not happening. SG certainly didn't say that the selling consortium have refused or are concerned about needing more time. Just that it has been asked for and presumably granted.

It'll go through, the CIC will get over 500 members, we'll finish in the top 6 next season and everyone will rejoice :D

Edited by ktf

My guess would be that one or more of the funding agencies has said that they are not convinced that all the pledges will be honoured.

That would explain why they are sending out direct debit forms just now. As far as I understood the original plan was to set up direct debits at the first meeting of the CIC when all the funding was in place.

I don't think this will represent a significant set back. Although it will certainly delay the process by the time they send out direct debit forms and get them back. They may have to finalise agreements with all the corporate an community members too I suppose.

Just thought i would share this info.

I have just checked my emails to see if there was anything through from 10000 hrs but nothing (or in junk mail). I had a quick check on the 10000 hrs website and the site has been updated today with Direct debit info, with the ability to download the D/D forms directly from the site. Link below.

http://www.10000hours.org/news/112-sign-up-begins-

I have just checked my emails to see if there was anything through from 10000 hrs but nothing (or in junk mail). I had a quick check on the 10000 hrs website and the site has been updated today with Direct debit info, with the ability to download the D/D forms directly from the site. Link below.

Emails are coming out in the next hour or so but you are right, the sign up process is finally underway :)

Cheers Richie, I will get my form in tomorrow. Great news on the under 16's getting their membership for free!!!! :)

No offence, but who proof-reads the emails?

The ones at the weekend were full of Americanized spelling - and this one seems like the rambling writings of someone who doesn't read what they write.

Pro's and Con's?

Things like these do put people off, you know. I mean, where's Dick Chinnery / A Pedant Writes / Bluto when you need em? dry.gif

Pozabaird and Stuat Dickson ....Your last posts were top notch and as we are now emailed there is no going back. This is the biggest event in the clubs history and will secure our future forever. There will be a sustainable increase in player budget from next year from 1.3 million (2nd lowest...very poor) to 2.2 million (top 6) All debt will be paid of in a max of 2 years. This information has not been given to me alone but to many, We are going to be a force to be reckoned with again and although next season is going to be a realy tough one if we can stay up 3rd is possible the season after.

Just filled in the DD mandate however noticed that apart from your name and obviously your bank details, they are requiring no further details.

I am wondering how they are going to forward any further info on to people who have filled out the mandate etc. ie how are they going to tie up the pledges with those that have actually filled out the mandate.

Maybe I'm just being stupid (or tired from nightshift).

Just filled in the DD mandate however noticed that apart from your name and obviously your bank details, they are requiring no further details.

I am wondering how they are going to forward any further info on to people who have filled out the mandate etc. ie how are they going to tie up the pledges with those that have actually filled out the mandate.

Maybe I'm just being stupid (or tired from nightshift).

I've also just downloaded and opened the direct debit form. At the risk of appearing stupid - can someone tell me who fills in the 'reference' boxes underneath the 'service user number'?

Secondly, while I appreciate our direct debit payments kick off at £10 per month, and are subject to change as voted on by the CIC - shouldn't there at least be some reference made on the form to the fact that initially you are filling this form out to instruct your bank to pay 10000hours £10pm.

I don't like this form at all to be honest - you are filling it out and sending it off, and nowhere on it does it even make mention, even in small print, of how much you are signing up to pay. I also agree with the last poster - there's space for your bank details, but once you fill in the form and hand it back to the club, there's nothing on it for you to fill in your own address and e-mail details - so how will anyone tie up a completed direct debit form to a pledge made? Shouldn't there be some system whereby the 700 or so individual pledges made on the 10000hours website can be tied up to actual forms signed and returned?

If it's just me being stoopid, fair enough. I still don't like being asked to sign a financial document that makes no reference to the bloomin' finance.

Edited by pozbaird

I've also just downloaded and opened the direct debit form. At the risk of appearing stupid - can someone tell me who fills in the 'reference' boxes underneath the 'service user number'?

Secondly, while I appreciate our direct debit payments kick off at £10 per month, and are subject to change as voted on by the CIC - shouldn't there at least be some reference made on the form to the fact that initially you are filling this form out to instruct your bank to pay 10000hours £10pm.

I don't like this form at all to be honest - you are filling it out and sending it off, and nowhere on it does it even make mention, even in small print, of how much you are signing up to pay. I also agree with the last poster - there's space for your bank details, but once you fill in the form and hand it back to the club, there's nothing on it for you to fill in your own address and e-mail details - so how will anyone tie up a completed direct debit form to a pledge made? Shouldn't there be some system whereby the 700 or so individual pledges made on the 10000hours website can be tied up to actual forms signed and returned?

If it's just me being stoopid, fair enough. I still don't like being asked to sign a financial document that makes no reference to the bloomin' finance.

Agreed. Would have thought amount and email address - given that two people may share the same name - were essential to identify members and to make the pledge acceptable to your bank.

Going to fill it in and send it off today but I sincerely hope the CIC are not forced to ask all would-be-members to resend their forms all over again. That would be a bit of a PR disaster.

I sent it off. If it starts lifting wrong amounts out my account I cancel it and try again. It's no big deal.

I hope it's tax deductable. I'm sure my accountant will make it so. :P

Fair enough, but where's the correlation between online pledges and those pledges being turning into hard, fast, filled out forms?

Also, who does fill in the 'reference' check boxes? 10000hours on receipt of the form at the stadium before sending them out to each member's bank? The bank themselves? There's normally a 'This section to be filled in by your bank' caveat added to such areas of forms. I actually checked back my initial 'thanks for your pledge' e-mail, to see if it had a reference number on it. I thought perhaps that was the way they were planning to link pledges to filled-in direct debit forms.

I'm trying to look at the form with my 'ordinary Joe supporter' hat on, and to see if I think it is clear and concise - unfortunately I don't think it is.

Edit: It wouldn't be difficult surely to send out a follow-up e-mail to all pledgers to simply say 'leave the reference boxes blank for us to fill in', maybe adding a mention that the filled-in forms definitely only instruct the bank to pay £10 a month.

As I say, maybe it's my 25 years working in the graphics business coming out, where on a daily basis, I was working on brochures and leaflets, and one of the briefs had to be - is this clear as crystal to Joe Punter, with no ambiguity, or possibility of confusion and question.

Edited by pozbaird

Thanks for the comments.

We will send out a clarification e-mail shortly, but for those who read the forum, here goes.

The Direct Debit form is produced by the bank not 10000hours so it is in their format.

Direct Debit forms do not normally have the amount due for payment noted on them this sum ten pounds per month is noted on the e-mail that was sent out.

The reference number that is asked for is for 10000hours use. In hindsight we should have aksed for a note such as (for 10000hours use) to be put on this.

All the forms have been sent to the e-mail addresses of those who pledged. That has your full details on it and it is just a case of us matching up the Direct Debit returned forms with thise details.

You are correct in that there are a few with the same names who pledged but rather than issuing lots of extra paper to everyone who pledged we will contact directly anyone that we are unsure of.

We think that this is simpler than if we also issue other forms out which need completed and which would no doubt create their own set of questions.

So we already know who you are and if we recieve you completed form then we can match that up with you pledge and issue you with you membership number which according to the system will be 61

10000hours CIC

Thanks for the comments.

We will send out a clarification e-mail shortly, but for those who read the forum, here goes.

The Direct Debit form is produced by the bank not 10000hours so it is in their format.

Direct Debit forms do not normally have the amount due for payment noted on them this sum ten pounds per month is noted on the e-mail that was sent out.

The reference number that is asked for is for 10000hours use. In hindsight we should have aksed for a note such as (for 10000hours use) to be put on this.

All the forms have been sent to the e-mail addresses of those who pledged. That has your full details on it and it is just a case of us matching up the Direct Debit returned forms with thise details.

You are correct in that there are a few with the same names who pledged but rather than issuing lots of extra paper to everyone who pledged we will contact directly anyone that we are unsure of.

We think that this is simpler than if we also issue other forms out which need completed and which would no doubt create their own set of questions.

So we already know who you are and if we recieve you completed form then we can match that up with you pledge and issue you with you membership number which according to the system will be 61

10000hours CIC

Good stuff - thanks for the quick reply.

Yours Sincerely,

Stoopid. :)

Good stuff - thanks for the quick reply.

Yours Sincerely,

Stoopid. :)

I have another stoopid question and hoping one of the 10000 hours guys can step in and answer:

I'm printing a DD from out for my dad who wants to pledge, but hasn't registered because he has no net or e-mail access. I was also planning to give copies to my mates who are currently sitting on the fence / wait and see what happens and hoping they'll commit.

Is it the case you can only return a DD form if you've already made an online pledge? This appears to be the only way to tie up a DD form with an address / individual.

In the case of my Dad, how do you get commitment from the older generation who are still toiling with the mobile phone and have no net access? I'm sure they'll be a few.

Edited by Jumbo Whiffy

Handed in my filled-in direct debit form at the stadium this afternoon. I tried arguing with Kath at reception, that seeing as how I've handed in my form - I now own part of the club, so could she bring me a coffee and some custard creams while I ponder what colour to paint the boardroom. She's got some left hook that Kath Steel.

:lol:

I have another stoopid question and hoping one of the 10000 hours guys can step in and answer:

I'm printing a DD from out for my dad who wants to pledge, but hasn't registered because he has no net or e-mail access. I was also planning to give copies to my mates who are currently sitting on the fence / wait and see what happens and hoping they'll commit.

Is it the case you can only return a DD form if you've already made an online pledge? This appears to be the only way to tie up a DD form with an address / individual.

In the case of my Dad, how do you get commitment from the older generation who are still toiling with the mobile phone and have no net access? I'm sure they'll be a few.

Could you not submit a pledge on the 10000Hours website on your Dad's behalf? Then when they received the form they could match it up.

Doesn't solve the general problem right enough.

:rolleyes:

Perhaps the correct thread would solicite an answer <_<

:rolleyes:

Perhaps the correct thread would solicite an answer <_<

Pozbaird got an answer on the thread, so I thought I'd pose my question too.

Always appreciate a point in the right direction. :). Cheers.

Even better if you can do it without trying to be a smart arse. Maybe next time.

Edited by Jumbo Whiffy

Just sent you a PM in order to tie down the details.

If anyone else is in a similar situation then please just e-mail the info to [email protected] and we will manually add folk to the database

10000hours CIC

Pozbaird got an answer on the thread, so I thought I'd pose my question too.

Always appreciate a point in the right direction. :). Cheers.

Even better if you can do it without trying to be a smart arse. Maybe next time.

I only answer to the name 'Member 61' now. Who is this pozbaird of whom you speak? B)

To be fair to 10000hours - there was a bit of discussion going on between a few of us about the direct debit form, I think 10000hours got in quickly with an answer to make the information available immediately to others who might not yet have downloaded the form.