The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

Last call....Will somebody/anybody from the no campaign show a bit of balls and take REA up on his offer for a one to one? If you find something dark in the proposal you can post it on here. You are a spinless lot who are willing to trash his reputation on a web site but don't have the guts to meet him face to face. COWARDS the lot of you.

Hi Richard. :wink:

To be fair to you, just from reading your posts on this forum (using your different alias) and also from having spoken to you, I do actually believe you will make a success of this project.

A word of warning however - and I suspect you already have a feeling regarding this - unless you win the Champions League you will be the subject of much abuse. Saints fans have very unrealistic expectations. :P

Close but no cigar....I reckon reborn saint is the meanystir of the church that will be meeting at SMP. :P

Hi Richard. :wink:

To be fair to you, just from reading your posts on this forum (using your different alias) and also from having spoken to you, I do actually believe you will make a success of this project.

A word of warning however - and I suspect you already have a feeling regarding this - unless you win the Champions League you will be the subject of much abuse. Saints fans have very unrealistic expectations. :P

:rolleyes:

See, there you go again pigeonholing every Saints fan and talking pish :(

Here it is.... The complete buskers guide to the no campaign.

(1) I will say no cause i will

(2) I will say no cause I cannae trust anyone with money cause they only want more money

(3) I will say no cause although i don't know if it will be good or bad there's no way i'm giving that bas***d Stewart Gilmour any money

(4) I will say know because as a shareholder within a minority i want £20 a share

(5) I will say no cause there's a guy who's Richard's brother and he's gonna steal all the money from the bar.

(6) I will say no cause i need more explanation, i know where to find it but i am too shy/scared/can't be bothered to chap Richards door.

(7) I will say no cause if everything goes well no one will notice what i said, and if it goes wrong i can get my soap box out and shout "I told you so!"

(8) I will say no cause no matter what Richard says he's lying... i have no proof mind but he is

(9) I will say no cause i have infiltrated your site and am generaly worried of how strong St Mirren can be

(10) I will say no because I am a fan of my own fannyslabber

(11)I will say no because it might threaten my opportunity for sausage roll thievary

(12)I will say no as I have delusions of business acumen in more than one of my multiple personalities

(13)I will say no because Stewart Gilmour used to pull my pigtails at school

I have added some more you missed. :wink:

maybe some folk sense a lack of "football focus" and don't want to give a community business their money to pay off a debt generated by someone they don't know.

just saying...

maybe some folk sense a lack of "football focus" and don't want to give a community business their money to pay off a debt generated by someone they don't know.

just saying...

Which is a perfectly fair and legitimate criticism. However next time someone questions why so many buses are headed out of Paisley full of people wearing royal blue or green and white I'd reckon we'd have an answer....

just saying...

Although consequently comes with the advantage that this debt is not secured on the club. So helps to protect the future of the club.

And that the community company, which lacks 'football focus' will be using their contacts in other areas to generate additional reveue for the club in a sustainable way.

Both of these seem to be very much in the best interests of St. Mirren football club.

Which is a perfectly fair and legitimate criticism. However next time someone questions why so many buses are headed out of Paisley full of people wearing royal blue or green and white I'd reckon we'd have an answer....

TBH you'd only stop that happening if you got the pope and the queen to invest in the CiC.:rolleyes:

As a community club we're more likely to attract the likes of the "floating fan" who quite likes football but doesn't realy "support" a team, or people with little current interest in football,but like the idea of following a club who is associated with an organisation which provides true benefits for the Paisley community.

Although, increased communtity involvement in local schools might sway some kids to follow St.Mirren,as opposed to the bigot brothers.I think I'm being overly optimistic with that thought though.:(

Edited by FTOF

TBH you'd only stop that happening if you got the pope and the queen to invest in the CiC.:rolleyes:

As a community club we're more likely to attract the likes of the "floating fan" who quite likes football but doesn't realy "support" a team, or people with little curent interest in football,but like the idea of following a club who is associated with an organisation which provides true benefits for the Paisley community.

Yeah your probably right FTOF. If you are fighting r*ngers and c*ltic on the grounds of football alone ofcourse the Old Firm are going to win. They've got better players, better facilities, bigger stadiums, more fans, they win more matches, more trophies, and lets face it - they play better football too. St Mirren haven't finsihed in a league position higher than one of the Old Fim clubs in 30 years and in that period r*ngers and c*ltic have brought in big name signings and snapped up all of the best players within their competition in the SPL. St Mirren on the other hand have landed up scraping about in the bargain bucket recruiting postmen and cart horses. Yet for all the gulf in quality a 15 year old can get into Ibrox for just £2 more than it costs to get into Greenhill Road.

Where St Mirren need to start winning back locals is by pro actively working within the community - and I don't mean getting whatever propagandist the club has hired to push out news of the latest scheme to take money off local youngsters in return for a run about some unused football pitch in the summer. They need to genuinely help, to get involved in peoples lives, to make things better, or easier and to look as though it cares. It needs to value the local community oh and the fans need to stop verbally abusing kids who turn up at St Mirren matches wearing Old Firm jerseys too. :rolleyes:

Buses will always leave Paisley but it would be nice if just for once St Mirren wasn't pushing the bus.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Yeah your probably right FTOF. If you are fighting r*ngers and c*ltic on the grounds of football alone ofcourse the Old Firm are going to win. They've got better players, better facilities, bigger stadiums, more fans, they win more matches, more trophies, and lets face it - they play better football too. St Mirren haven't finsihed in a league position higher than one of the Old Fim clubs in 30 years and in that period r*ngers and c*ltic have brought in big name signings and snapped up all of the best players within their competition in the SPL. St Mirren on the other hand have landed up scraping about in the bargain bucket recruiting postmen and cart horses. Yet for all the gulf in quality a 15 year old can get into Ibrox for just £2 more than it costs to get into Greenhill Road.

Where St Mirren need to start winning back locals is by pro actively working within the community - and I don't mean getting whatever propagandist the club has hired to push out news of the latest scheme to take money off local youngsters in return for a run about some unused football pitch in the summer. They need to genuinely help, to get involved in peoples lives, to make things better, or easier and to look as though it cares. It needs to value the local community oh and the fans need to stop verbally abusing kids who turn up at St Mirren matches wearing Old Firm jerseys too. :rolleyes:

Buses will always leave Paisley but it would be nice if just for once St Mirren wasn't pushing the bus.

i concur

You're one of the ones I was talking about. :P

How very dare you!

I am not a number, I am a free man!

Whereas, you are the biggest Boo Boy in... in... in the Universe.... ever...anywey!

Edited by Vambo57

Taken from another thread, thought it should be in here, sorry if it's been covered before.

Anyone know how many people will be on the footballing board?

How many spaces will be up for grabs in the election and how many will be hand picked?

Serious question btw.

Attached schematic shows how the organisation would be structured;

post-2-0-26280700-1307999518_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that Div :)

Correct me if I'm wrong Div but isn't this set up in a way that the fans don't really have a say?

With more than half the CIC Board being made up of Corporate, Community and RA do we run the risk of having the community interest coming before the interests of the FOOTBALL club?

ETA - I'm not anti CIC, just have a couple of concerns.

Edited by davidg

Correct me if I'm wrong Div but isn't this set up in a way that the fans don't really have a say?

With more than half the CIC Board being made up of Corporate, Community and RA do we run the risk of having the community interest coming before the interests of the FOOTBALL club?

ETA - I'm not anti CIC, just have a couple of concerns.

Posted a response in the other thread where this originated. A breif summary of my post is "get your d.d. form in stoopit". :P

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy fellow Buds,

I return for a pow wow with the two Magnificent Seveners not on vacation and find instead of exciting updates from the Stranger absolutely diddley squat, nada, zip.

Just what is a happnin with our football club?

The cic support seems to have gone very very quiet. Coyotes can be heard in the distance. To the sound of faraway harmonicas and the whisper of tumbleweed a hush has fallen over the prairie. The village sleeps.

This is very strange.

One or two rumours appear to suggest that a major lender/funder has hitched up their wagon and disappeared into the sunset. This may explain the silence. The supporters of the cic have also fallen into a slumber. Why no criticism of the lack of marketing over the past three months? Some of these cheerleaders have in the past slaughtered both Provan’s Emporium and employees of the club itself for a lack of choice of goods, scarves and strips and it’s been nothing like this.

Whoever heard of a premier league club with NOTHING on sale only 20 days before a first game? Marketing? How much has the club lost in cash over this period?

No sign of Saints even existing in the township. No publicity. No logos, nothing. Maybe by the time I get back next week we may just have a rail in a shop inside the high street emporium. Maybe a few strips on hangers at Braehead and Silverburn. Whoopee wonder how many Buds even care about Silverburn?

To cap it all we now see on the official site the utter embarrassment of the Stranger’s latest brainwave. Need a story for the press. How about a good signing? Nope. Okay let’s try a brilliant home friendly to get the pulses racing? Nope. A new visible town centre shop then, because pardner’s that’s what we need. Nope again.

But we need a story in the press about the cic. Wait a minute gang, got it. We’ll publicise taking in washing. We’ll go to the press and give them this startling ultra modern approach to supporter cleanliness, after all it’s next to godliness, isn’t it?

CLICK HERE AND WEEP

Dear Supporter,

Please bring your dirty washing to SMP at each home game. Walk to the ground in all weathers, from the distant town centre, in the winter snows and rain. Don’t waste time in the pub, even though we won’t let you in to our cic bar we will take in your smalls. Just bury your self respect on the way along Greenhill Road. While you are acting like a normal football supporter bawling your wee lungs out we will be acting like an abnormal football/community centre laundermat, and apart from taking yet more business away from our hard pressed local businesses we will do your laundry while the game is on. Please retain your placcy bags for re-use and form an orderly queue both at drop off point and on uplift. Please ignore the insults/humour/derisive comments from the supporters of visiting football clubs as they pass you after the game. Yep pardners - football clubs. That’s what we are supposed to be but by the time we have been reduced to a laughing stock by the stranger you might care no more. And remember, all stewards at St. Mirren Park will have been warned not to ask your lady friends what they have in their bags. Hang on, we’re laughing too much to keep typing, please give us five….

… ah, that’s better, I nearly spilled ma pint, oops sorry darned whusky!

So a Sunday national makes fun of our club with references to taking in washing and Widow Twanky. Marketing?

Gawd. Is this what it will be like with the cic? You betcha, there’s been enough warning signs over the past six months and more. This man and his posse know nothing about football or our club.

Time’s up. The final whistle must surely sound on this farce but does the BOD have the strength to put a stop to this? We three hope so for the good of St Mirren Football Club.

Wait til the other riders get back!

TBC

PS. Yul forgive us if we continue to scrub our long johns n bloomers in private.

Howdy fellow Buds,

I return for a pow wow with the two Magnificent Seveners not on vacation and find instead of exciting updates from the Stranger absolutely diddley squat, nada, zip.

Just what is a happnin with our football club?

The cic support seems to have gone very very quiet. Coyotes can be heard in the distance. To the sound of faraway harmonicas and the whisper of tumbleweed a hush has fallen over the prairie. The village sleeps.

This is very strange.

One or two rumours appear to suggest that a major lender/funder has hitched up their wagon and disappeared into the sunset. This may explain the silence. The supporters of the cic have also fallen into a slumber. Why no criticism of the lack of marketing over the past three months? Some of these cheerleaders have in the past slaughtered both Provan’s Emporium and employees of the club itself for a lack of choice of goods, scarves and strips and it’s been nothing like this.

Whoever heard of a premier league club with NOTHING on sale only 20 days before a first game? Marketing? How much has the club lost in cash over this period?

No sign of Saints even existing in the township. No publicity. No logos, nothing. Maybe by the time I get back next week we may just have a rail in a shop inside the high street emporium. Maybe a few strips on hangers at Braehead and Silverburn. Whoopee wonder how many Buds even care about Silverburn?

To cap it all we now see on the official site the utter embarrassment of the Stranger’s latest brainwave. Need a story for the press. How about a good signing? Nope. Okay let’s try a brilliant home friendly to get the pulses racing? Nope. A new visible town centre shop then, because pardner’s that’s what we need. Nope again.

But we need a story in the press about the cic. Wait a minute gang, got it. We’ll publicise taking in washing. We’ll go to the press and give them this startling ultra modern approach to supporter cleanliness, after all it’s next to godliness, isn’t it?

CLICK HERE AND WEEP

Dear Supporter,

Please bring your dirty washing to SMP at each home game. Walk to the ground in all weathers, from the distant town centre, in the winter snows and rain. Don’t waste time in the pub, even though we won’t let you in to our cic bar we will take in your smalls. Just bury your self respect on the way along Greenhill Road. While you are acting like a normal football supporter bawling your wee lungs out we will be acting like an abnormal football/community centre laundermat, and apart from taking yet more business away from our hard pressed local businesses we will do your laundry while the game is on. Please retain your placcy bags for re-use and form an orderly queue both at drop off point and on uplift. Please ignore the insults/humour/derisive comments from the supporters of visiting football clubs as they pass you after the game. Yep pardners - football clubs. That’s what we are supposed to be but by the time we have been reduced to a laughing stock by the stranger you might care no more. And remember, all stewards at St. Mirren Park will have been warned not to ask your lady friends what they have in their bags. Hang on, we’re laughing too much to keep typing, please give us five….

… ah, that’s better, I nearly spilled ma pint, oops sorry darned whusky!

So a Sunday national makes fun of our club with references to taking in washing and Widow Twanky. Marketing?

Gawd. Is this what it will be like with the cic? You betcha, there’s been enough warning signs over the past six months and more. This man and his posse know nothing about football or our club.

Time’s up. The final whistle must surely sound on this farce but does the BOD have the strength to put a stop to this? We three hope so for the good of St Mirren Football Club.

Wait til the other riders get back!

TBC

PS. Yul forgive us if we continue to scrub our long johns n bloomers in private.

Not liking the cut of your jib.

Was recently made aware of who your little gang are.

Edited by Mr Zo