The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

Not liking the cut of your jib.

Was recently made aware of who your little gang are.

First time around they made for funny reading even if you agreed or not with them.

Now it's simply boring so much so I gave up half way through reading it.

What I don't get is if they feel so passionately why did they not stand up and be counted under their own names before Direct Debit forms were filled in by fans.

They are now blowing out hot air at a time when CIC is about to kick in. I don't get it to be honest.

At the end of the day we all love the club so lets hope things move forward.

Howdy fellow Buds,

I return for a pow wow with the two Magnificent Seveners not on vacation and find instead of exciting updates from the Stranger absolutely diddley squat, nada, zip.

Just what is a happnin with our football club?

The cic support seems to have gone very very quiet. Coyotes can be heard in the distance. To the sound of faraway harmonicas and the whisper of tumbleweed a hush has fallen over the prairie. The village sleeps.

This is very strange.

One or two rumours appear to suggest that a major lender/funder has hitched up their wagon and disappeared into the sunset. This may explain the silence. The supporters of the cic have also fallen into a slumber. Why no criticism of the lack of marketing over the past three months? Some of these cheerleaders have in the past slaughtered both Provan's Emporium and employees of the club itself for a lack of choice of goods, scarves and strips and it's been nothing like this.

Whoever heard of a premier league club with NOTHING on sale only 20 days before a first game? Marketing? How much has the club lost in cash over this period?

No sign of Saints even existing in the township. No publicity. No logos, nothing. Maybe by the time I get back next week we may just have a rail in a shop inside the high street emporium. Maybe a few strips on hangers at Braehead and Silverburn. Whoopee wonder how many Buds even care about Silverburn?

To cap it all we now see on the official site the utter embarrassment of the Stranger's latest brainwave. Need a story for the press. How about a good signing? Nope. Okay let's try a brilliant home friendly to get the pulses racing? Nope. A new visible town centre shop then, because pardner's that's what we need. Nope again.

But we need a story in the press about the cic. Wait a minute gang, got it. We'll publicise taking in washing. We'll go to the press and give them this startling ultra modern approach to supporter cleanliness, after all it's next to godliness, isn't it?

CLICK HERE AND WEEP

Dear Supporter,

Please bring your dirty washing to SMP at each home game. Walk to the ground in all weathers, from the distant town centre, in the winter snows and rain. Don't waste time in the pub, even though we won't let you in to our cic bar we will take in your smalls. Just bury your self respect on the way along Greenhill Road. While you are acting like a normal football supporter bawling your wee lungs out we will be acting like an abnormal football/community centre laundermat, and apart from taking yet more business away from our hard pressed local businesses we will do your laundry while the game is on. Please retain your placcy bags for re-use and form an orderly queue both at drop off point and on uplift. Please ignore the insults/humour/derisive comments from the supporters of visiting football clubs as they pass you after the game. Yep pardners - football clubs. That's what we are supposed to be but by the time we have been reduced to a laughing stock by the stranger you might care no more. And remember, all stewards at St. Mirren Park will have been warned not to ask your lady friends what they have in their bags. Hang on, we're laughing too much to keep typing, please give us five….

… ah, that's better, I nearly spilled ma pint, oops sorry darned whusky!

So a Sunday national makes fun of our club with references to taking in washing and Widow Twanky. Marketing?

Gawd. Is this what it will be like with the cic? You betcha, there's been enough warning signs over the past six months and more. This man and his posse know nothing about football or our club.

Time's up. The final whistle must surely sound on this farce but does the BOD have the strength to put a stop to this? We three hope so for the good of St Mirren Football Club.

Wait til the other riders get back!

TBC

PS. Yul forgive us if we continue to scrub our long johns n bloomers in private.

Well, I have to say.

Anyone who reads the News of The World on-line must be listened to.

Not liking the cut of your jib.

Was recently made aware of who your little gang are.

I think they are best left to their anonymity. They are more comfortable whispering conspiracy in corners than actually having an open debate. Plus it'll be a fun thread hearing everyone speculate. :)

First time around they made for funny reading even if you agreed or not with them.

Now it's simply boring so much so I gave up half way through reading it.

What I don't get is if they feel so passionately why did they not stand up and be counted under their own names before Direct Debit forms were filled in by fans.

They are now blowing out hot air at a time when CIC is about to kick in. I don't get it to be honest.

At the end of the day we all love the club so lets hope things move forward.

My sentiments exactly.

It's not for me to say who these peeps are. Maybe in the coming weeks they will make themselves known on here or in the media.

My sentiments exactly.

It's not for me to say who these peeps are. Maybe in the coming weeks they will make themselves known on here or in the media.

Who would the media be interested in hearing about? I'm intrigued. Go on tell us.

Can only think itd be a club employee, shareholder who's shares are about to be worth hee haw, or a knocked back potential buyer. Am I close?

Who would the media be interested in hearing about? I'm intrigued. Go on tell us.

Can only think itd be a club employee, shareholder who's shares are about to be worth hee haw, or a knocked back potential buyer. Am I close?

If it's either of those then I'd say the fans have to know as it would render the comments nothing more than a smear campaign fueled by self interest. On the other hand if the CIC does go through then who really cares?

Edited by KennyW

Well that would be some story if a potential buyer resorted to a double alias as a cowboy and a puppet! .... I can see the interview in print now...."At what time David did you decide to pursue your interests in the takeover by becoming both hairy and bald at the same time?.

Well that would be some story if a potential buyer resorted to a double alias as a cowboy and a puppet! .... I can see the interview in print now...."At what time David did you decide to pursue your interests in the takeover by becoming both hairy and bald at the same time?.

Read what I wrote. I said knocked back potential buyer.

Read what I wrote. I said knocked back potential buyer.

Sorry Slapsalmon ....I was not making a serious reply to your post and I know you were not suggesting a potential buyer would gain anything from the posts of Yule and Animal. My post was not meant to undermine your point which as it stands we are all in the dark as to what the cowboy wants to acheive.

Not anything as interesting or as juicy as that.

Guess they have some sort of axe to grind but I have no idea what their long term goal for the club is.

Edited by Mr Zo

Not anything as interesting or as juicy as that.

Guess they have some sort of axe to grind but I have no idea what their long term goal is.

SO its someone IN the media then?

Why not post it on twitter? Apparently thats the way to get round confidentiality these days :lol:

Edited by civilsaint

As a supporter of 10000hrs cic taking over the 52% shareholding of St Mirren FC I am now dismayed at the lack of progress made by the orginization. Momentum is a key factor in a takeover like this and to be frank REA and the team have been woefully short in communicating the current situation. I have dealt with funding bodies in the past and I accept they work to their own timescales which are not relevant to the modern buisness world. As it is in the interests of the funding bodies to secure the best asset in Paisley to meet a variety of needs, we in Paisley and Renfrewshire will require answers in the unlikely scenario it dosn't go through. What I think now is REA should show some Balls and set a final date for completion or walk away. The delay is all about the cic not owning 100% of the club and how the money can be legaly spent...Get it done now guys or just keep closing public amenities with nothing following on.

SO its someone IN the media then?

Why not post it on twitter? Apparently thats the way to get round confidentiality these days :lol:

Not someone in the media. Although I thought the journo down the front at the q and a night might have been on the story a bit more in the media. She seemed bell bent on getting some kind of negative story that night.

There hasn't been a bad word in the media about the whole cic takeover so maybe this group of fans are keeping their powder dry for the right moment to show their disapproval of the cic and get the best impact.

I think the cic has got great potential for a club the size of St Mirren with the population the size of Renfrewshire within its grasp. Will it actually work at St Mirren when push comes to shove? Time will tell but it needs to have the right people on the board to drive it forward and keep the interest levels from the support up and to prove that it is actually benefiting the team on the pitch and the club as a whole.

We have such a fickle set of supporters and they have to stick with this for the long haul if this is to work and that's what worries me about it. Many might lose interest in paying their monthly payments and supporting and embracing what is required to make it work.

As a supporter of 10000hrs cic taking over the 52% shareholding of St Mirren FC I am now dismayed at the lack of progress made by the orginization. Momentum is a key factor in a takeover like this and to be frank REA and the team have been woefully short in communicating the current situation. I have dealt with funding bodies in the past and I accept they work to their own timescales which are not relevant to the modern buisness world. As it is in the interests of the funding bodies to secure the best asset in Paisley to meet a variety of needs, we in Paisley and Renfrewshire will require answers in the unlikely scenario it dosn't go through. What I think now is REA should show some Balls and set a final date for completion or walk away. The delay is all about the cic not owning 100% of the club and how the money can be legaly spent...Get it done now guys or just keep closing public amenities with nothing following on.

Thanks for your comment. We appreciate that it has been quiet from the 10000hours for a week or two now, but believe me it has been busy in the background and we will be sending out update info to the "pledger" etc later today.

However I can assure you that the the "not owning 100% of the club and how the money can be legally spent" is not an issue from a funding perspective, at all.

10000hours

I hope your role in dealing with funding bodies didn't involve document creation as that spelling blooper would see hee-haw funding being allocated. Setting a deadline for a funding body would be suicide in terms of the bid. Their due dilligence might be frustrating; however it is everyone's interest, especially the club and the fans that we get it all right. Momentum is no longer an issue really. The dd forms are in, and the target number has been reached with lots to spare making that element of the process rock solid. It is now time to let the CIC team close out the deal.

The social funds have nothing to do with closing public amenities. In fact it is the exact opposite. Social funders are a very different animal from c"ntcils. For a start, they are a shitload more ethical than the c"ntcils. They are also much more cognicent in spending their money and they will also look to protect the amenity they invest in. They should be regarded highly in this process and not like a bank or a c"ntcil. They will be very much partners in the process rather than exploiters.

Ironic that REA has announced a soiled knicker cleaning service the day before your panty breech. :P

I hope your role in dealing with funding bodies didn't involve document creation as that spelling blooper would see hee-haw funding being allocated. Setting a deadline for a funding body would be suicide in terms of the bid. Their due dilligence might be frustrating; however it is everyone's interest, especially the club and the fans that we get it all right. Momentum is no longer an issue really. The dd forms are in, and the target number has been reached with lots to spare making that element of the process rock solid. It is now time to let the CIC team close out the deal.

The social funds have nothing to do with closing public amenities. In fact it is the exact opposite. Social funders are a very different animal from c"ntcils. For a start, they are a shitload more ethical than the c"ntcils. They are also much more cognicent in spending their money and they will also look to protect the amenity they invest in. They should be regarded highly in this process and not like a bank or a c"ntcil. They will be very much partners in the process rather than exploiters.

Ironic that REA has announced a soiled knicker cleaning service the day before your panty breech. :P

Sid in the spelling police.....brilliant!

Thanks for your comment. We appreciate that it has been quiet from the 10000hours for a week or two now, but believe me it has been busy in the background and we will be sending out update info to the "pledger" etc later today.

However I can assure you that the the "not owning 100% of the club and how the money can be legally spent" is not an issue from a funding perspective, at all.

10000hours

Cheers for the reply to my rant.......I'm glad to see everything is still on track and i still think the people you are dealing with should have come to a decision by now. If it is not the special case of St Mirren becoming a 52% cic then I have no idea why (as the criteria you set has been met) there is a delay.

Sid in the spelling police.....brilliant!

Just read your post again... Sid I know Cic's are the future to reverse the impact of closing public Amienities and the whole idea is to create a sustainable future for any funded facility. CiC's don't close services.....they provide new ones

Edited by reborn saint

Just read your post again.....Jesus Sid

He's certainly NOT that cool... no need for the worship. <_<

I know Cic's are the future to reverse the impact of closing public amienities!....and they are not involved in closing them

Sid - reborn needs your spell-checker...