The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

I think with £1.2m of funding agreed already and the supporters interest having been confirmed way past the numbers required it would seem to me that the only thing that could stop the takeover from happening now would be if the last remaining funding panel declared themselves out.

I think the CIC guys are expecting the answer they need in July, but they also thought they would get it in June. Guess they, the selling consortium, and the fans interested in getting involved will just need to be patient !

That post is just a lot of crap.....with no information whatsoever...thought you were meant to be in the know?

That post is just a lot of crap.....with no information whatsoever...thought you were meant to be in the know?

How can there be no information if the post clearly states that the CIC expect the answer they need in July. I mean it mentions the CIC, it mentions the answer the need and it mentions a month.

I spoke with Richard at the kit launch last Friday and he said pretty much the same thing. There have also been a few people on this thread highlighting the same thing. Just how many times and in how many ways do you need various people to tell you the same thing?

How can there be no information if the post clearly states that the CIC expect the answer they need in July. I mean it mentions the CIC, it mentions the answer the need and it mentions a month.

I spoke with Richard at the kit launch last Friday and he said pretty much the same thing. There have also been a few people on this thread highlighting the same thing. Just how many times and in how many ways do you need various people to tell you the same thing?

The problem I have is with the funding bodies......I think they should have agreed to the deal in May or June. As it stands 10000hrs will not be able to complete the work of creating the facility we need to generate the extra income for the start of next season. As i beleive the benefits are very clear for both the community and the club , I feel a sense of disappointment in the timescale. How much time is realy needed to support or walk away from this deal? Bureaucracy is a sad fact of our self interest society and I still await all the funding managers proclaiming their support of this deal ......for me much too late and they are mostly total twats

The problem I have is with the funding bodies......I think they should have agreed to the deal in May or June. As it stands 10000hrs will not be able to complete the work of creating the facility we need to generate the extra income for the start of next season. As i beleive the benefits are very clear for both the community and the club , I feel a sense of disappointment in the timescale. How much time is realy needed to support or walk away from this deal? Bureaucracy is a sad fact of our self interest society and I still await all the funding managers proclaiming their support of this deal ......for me much too late and they are mostly total twats

Pretty sure the funding bodies don't operate under the calendar of the Scottish football season. You really don't seem to grasp funding.

"We can meet in this month and then our checks and deliberation take this long!" - "But we need it now you twatty f**ker" - "Oh, sorry, I didn't realise we were dealing with such a highly intelligent individual. Sure, just take the money!"

Which bit of my post was "a lot of crap" :blink: ?

And if you think it is a lot of crap, that must mean you are more "in the know" than me ? :unsure:

Which then begs the question, why are you asking questions if you already know ? :blink:

I am confused from Elderslie !

Pretty sure the funding bodies don't operate under the calendar of the Scottish football season. You really don't seem to grasp funding.

"We can meet in this month and then our checks and deliberation take this long!" - "But we need it now you twatty f**ker" - "Oh, sorry, I didn't realise we were dealing with such a highly intelligent individual. Sure, just take the money!"

Worse than that Tsu, some of the funding bodies have their annual AGM's where committee's are re-elected, old members resign, new members brought on board, funding allocations and priorities are re-considered and so on.

I was involved in a phone conversation with a regional manager from the SFA yesterday where he explained that at the SFA AGM there was a significant change of policy in how they approve the allocation of funding and on what projects they'd lend their weight to. I know what effect these things have on the club I'm involved with - it's frustrating, and it feels like we are chasing moving targets all the time and in this instance we were chasing an award of just over £650. I can only imagine how much worse that is when you are looking for £800,000.

Thing is, as much as Reborn likes to think otherwise, you are in a position where the future of the bid depends on something that is totally out with your control. It's like applying for a mortgage with the bank - you fill out the form and send it in, you've done your credit check and made sure your file is clean, and you've proved you can absolutely afford the mortgage......but until the bank approve the application you can't go anywhere. You can scream and shout at the bank if you wish but it's up to them how fast or slow they go and you have no choice really but to sit and wait. Getting impatient is pointless and Reborn is just making a tit of himself if he thinks RA can just tell the funders to get their arse in gear or he'll walk away. :rolleyes:

Worse than that Tsu, some of the funding bodies have their annual AGM's where committee's are re-elected, old members resign, new members brought on board, funding allocations and priorities are re-considered and so on.

Thing is, as much as Reborn likes to think otherwise, you are in a position where the future of the bid depends on something that is totally out with your control. It's like applying for a mortgage with the bank - you fill out the form and send it in, you've done your credit check and made sure your file is clean, and you've proved you can absolutely afford the mortgage......but until the bank approve the application you can't go anywhere. You can scream and shout at the bank if you wish but it's up to them how fast or slow they go and you have no choice really but to sit and wait. Getting impatient is pointless and Reborn is just making a tit of himself if he thinks RA can just tell the funders to get their arse in gear or he'll walk away. :rolleyes:

I must say, that your explanation, of what dealing with orgs such as this can involve, makes me think how utterly unwieldy, inefficient and unworkable a CiC may be.

You're absolutely not selling it to me, not convincing me that it will ever work...:unsure:

I have reservations about It and agree with it seeming too unwieldy. However each to their own and I hope it does work. What I really can't get my head round though is reborn saint. Can't be arsed trolling through this whole thread again but I'm sure two weeks ago he was licking the balls of the cic and now he's spouting this shite. Make up your mind ffs. That twisted indecisiveness is another reason I'm not interested.

Ps did anybody ever spill who yul was?

I must say, that your explanation, of what dealing with orgs such as this can involve, makes me think how utterly unwieldy, inefficient and unworkable a CiC may be.

You're absolutely not selling it to me, not convincing me that it will ever work...:unsure:

In what way won't it work Bluto?

Look I've no intention of selling anything to you or to anyone else. I'm just trying to explain, perhaps poorly, that 10000hours are not in any position to make demands on the funders. The situation isn't that different to what you might face if you contacted your bank looking for a business start up loan or if St Sid goes off to his old Mum looking for a tap. 10000hours are looking for money, it's in the power of the funders to simply say no so jumping up and down having a wee temper tantrum in their office isn't likely to get them anywhere.

The fact that an organisation that 10000hours has turned to looking for a pile of cash to buy the 52% stake in the football club is taking it's time in saying yes or no really is no indication on how efficient or otherwise 10000hours business plan really is. I'm struggling to see how you can think otherwise.

I have reservations about It and agree with it seeming too unwieldy. However each to their own and I hope it does work. What I really can't get my head round though is reborn saint. Can't be arsed trolling through this whole thread again but I'm sure two weeks ago he was licking the balls of the cic and now he's spouting this shite. Make up your mind ffs. That twisted indecisiveness is another reason I'm not interested.

I totally agree with you on this point. Anyone who's followed all the arguments so far should be capable by now of making up their minds whether having a community interest company own 52% of shares in a football club is a good idea or not by now. I'm sure opinion will be divided. But like you I can't get my head around why someone who has followed the argument and made their decision would suddenly feel the need to revise their decision because the final piece of funding is taking a wee bit longer than was originally thought.

The business plan hasn't changed as a result of the delay.New strips have been launched, new players have been signed, new merchandising is on order, and bills are being paid. For the football club it's business as usual so I can't see why someone would change their opinion because the takeover date has been moved yet again? It's utterly bizarre.

The business plan hasn't changed as a result of the delay.New strips have been launched, new players have been signed, new merchandising is on order, and bills are being paid. For the football club it's business as usual so I can't see why someone would change their opinion because the takeover date has been moved yet again? It's utterly bizarre.

I agree. The club is operating as before, and in regards to CIC ownership, not much extra finance would appear in the first year or two. Everything seems quite stable, so what's the rush ?

If I was one of the selling 5, I'd want it sorted ASAP, as it's the only bid that meets/comes close to their valuation. £1.8m for 52% of a company that barely breaks even is a tad steep if you ask me, but if they can get this, then good luck to them.

There is a myth that it is the "only bid in town". It has been reported that there are other interested parties, but none that come remotely close to the valuation of the majority shareholders. Therefore, if you are on the BoD, why rush ?

The current delays seem to be down to dealing with other parties who have a reputation of having the operational turning circle of a supertanker, as opposed to them saying "No". Therefore, there seems little else but to wait a wee bit longer. No big shocks there.

Ps did anybody ever spill who yul was?

Word on the street is Animal..............

I agree. The club is operating as before, and in regards to CIC ownership, not much extra finance would appear in the first year or two. Everything seems quite stable, so what's the rush ?

If I was one of the selling 5, I'd want it sorted ASAP, as it's the only bid that meets/comes close to their valuation. £1.8m for 52% of a company that barely breaks even is a tad steep if you ask me, but if they can get this, then good luck to them.

There is a myth that it is the "only bid in town". It has been reported that there are other interested parties, but none that come remotely close to the valuation of the majority shareholders. Therefore, if you are on the BoD, why rush ?

The current delays seem to be down to dealing with other parties who have a reputation of having the operational turning circle of a supertanker, as opposed to them saying "No". Therefore, there seems little else but to wait a wee bit longer. No big shocks there.

Perhaps concern for the club's future is becoming more of a factor for those involved.......................... :wink:

It would seem that all Danny's good signings has resulted in knickerwetting transference to the CIC. The final social fund nose in the troughers are meeting in July. All their concerns were addressed at the presentations last month so should be a formality. I shall be launching my Presidential campaign tomorrow at 4.30pm. :P

It would seem that all Danny's good signings has resulted in knickerwetting transference to the CIC. The final social fund nose in the troughers are meeting in July. All their concerns were addressed at the presentations last month so should be a formality. I shall be launching my Presidential campaign tomorrow at 4.30pm. :P

Any chance you could launch it in Dallas at 1pm?

Any chance you could launch it in Dallas at 1pm?

Don't fight it gingyboy, it is a racing certainty - President Sid will be in place by the end of the month. No election, but as part of the interim management team that will guide the CIC / Club in its first six months until the formal elections. The campaign is purely to ramp up the annoyance factor for the anti-CIC brigade. :P

Edited by St. Sid

A bit of a damp squib was it Sid. I look forward to the re-launch next week.... :rolleyes:

Yipee a yah,

Howdy fans.

Go away for a week and a half and lots and lots happen at hacienda SMP. It’s a long ride back from the deep south haulin goods and chattels.

Great to see new hombres signed to join our team. This is good. New uniforms on sale at three outlets, vests and pantaloons only and strange sizes especially for the bambinos but even though there are complaints about quality and size availability this is good. None of the villagers who have criticised previous kit quality post a word of criticism of these despite other fans commenting. This is strange. Boy howdy have they all gone quiet on the west end front. This is also strange.

One of the Mag 7ers, not me, speaks to an SMFC community staffer and gets the low down on the cic before getting some fresh ayr and a ballgame on the far wild west coast. The low down is not good. He is told bluntly that should it go ahead it will fail. This is bad.

A post then appears on the official site that contains much the same content. Is the source the same? A wild dog howls in the hills. There is almost no reaction.

Worse still word is that all is not at all well amongst the ranch hands at the hacienda. They have had it with the Stranger according to the hombre. He says that the Stranger has no idea about football and is a bit on the whacky side when it comes to ideas and what to do with the shop. He says ‘if you think the laundry was wild just wait’.

We will wait.

Shame though, Mrs Yul was looking forward to me lugging a cartload of linens to the Stranger’s match day wash house and had saved a whole silver dollar just for the Saint Suds operation.

I’ve come back to no news. No word. No merchandise. That’s St Mirren branded merchandise, not even bog standard black and white bar scarves to be had at any trading post around the township.

This is bad.

It’s a third of a year since the Club sold an item, a badge, a scarf a T shirt, a polo shirt (horses, I’d buy some). This has cost thousands now. A Sevener was working through at Motherwell. Their shop is in constant use. It’s actually run by Provans who pay saddlebags of pesos to the club and operate an emporium on site. Gawd only knows what will be available to the Saints posse at the Morton shootout - if anything. They have a shop and may well be turned out in their finest for the trip to Paisley. Best we can hope for is some nickel and dime set up if we are lucky.

Two Mag7ers are currently in Spanish territory. They usually stock up on Saints Tees before going. Slanj got one hundred and eighty eight of your Scotch poonds outa them instead this year for Scotland branded goods. Greaves sold them new tops on top of that. All cash lost. A marketing triumph. How many others are in the same situation?

There is no doubt that the Stranger is costing the club.

Speculation on both forums has asked about the shirt sponsorship deal and we’ve been patiently waiting for some kind of announcement other than the low key one we’ve seen. It’s the first in our history that we did not crow about how good a deal we have got. No explanation how much Fila paid. The Stranger did the deal according to the cheerleaders. Even they have not commented on how good a deal it is. It looks like there is a good reason for this. JD/Carbrini/Fila this is the equivalent of The Sun having the News of the World on our strips. It looks as if our marketing is costing us as the Stranger stakes his claim. Probably busy looking after his 400 staff as one Sevener puts it. Oh dear.

This is a worry.

We could do with some caffine at this point. Better gather round the ol campfire - until the coffee house at SMP opens of course. Another sure-fire winner!

Cic? Cic it into the long prairie grass. All of this is a sign of the future. Don’t ignore the smoke signals. We’ll keep lookout for more signs.

Well pardners, time to ride the range.

Yul,

To be continued…

If the club is, as you say, going to rack and ruin, what are YOU doing to stop it other that whining on an a public internet forum ? :blink:

ps; If you and your pals would pay £180 quid for a Saints t-shirt send me a PM and I will sell you a few.

How about 10000Hours respond to some of the claims that Yul keeps making rather than just saying nothing? I'd have thought there was some fairly serious accusations been made in previous posts that they would want to deal with, rather than leaving it to people who do not possess the full facts to point out errors or make fun of them.

Yul has made a number of posts but if his posts are that stupid it shouldn't be too hard for someone to pull appoint his arguments - no one has really done that, instead just deciding to make fun of him.

How about 10000Hours respond to some of the claims that Yul keeps making rather than just saying nothing? I'd have thought there was some fairly serious accusations been made in previous posts that they would want to deal with, rather than leaving it to people who do not possess the full facts to point out errors or make fun of them.

Yul has made a number of posts but if his posts are that stupid it shouldn't be too hard for someone to pull appoint his arguments - no one has really done that, instead just deciding to make fun of him.

I thought you were supposed to be a journalist ?

Decipher his "serious accusations" and go and ask 10000Hours yourself.

I'd take him seriously if he had the balls to man up and face the 10000Hours team who opened the door to him.

Posting nonsense on a public forum behind a (very thin !) cloak of anonymity deserves absolutely no respect IMO.