The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

The merchandise and laundry etc aren't reasons I don't think it will work, but I do think the laundry is a shite idea and I do think its stupid that no merchandise is available. How does st sid know who on the board made that decision? He doesn't. From where I'm looking at it aikinson is the marketing guy and the board have taken a back seat on things due to the takeover, so what's to say they havn't with that?

Aside from the small stuff, the main reason I don't think it will work is that any time I've dealt with a committee its been a nightmare. Things take an age to get done and this is essentially 3 committees trying to work together which for me means it'll take 3 times as long as any other committee to come to a decision. I reckon that will get boring for your average member.

Another thing which is a touch worrying is that cashflow in football clubs is notoriously shite. Moneys there when its there. I don't doubt for a second that the current board have sorted that from time to time the way maxi group did earlier this year. Who will do this when we don't have a conventional board?

As for alternatives, I don't have one. Which is why I've said I hope it works. I've never said I don't want it to happen, only that imho I don't think it'll work in the long run.

I do wish though that anybody against the idea was allowed to be, because all the sniping about the "anti cic brigade" etc is in no way better than the people who are sniping against the cic. It's all a bit tedious and I have to agree with tsu that it is offputting to read.

Good post, and all valid concerns. Hopefully Richard or one of the 10000Hours team will respond.

Hotdiggity Buddies, we finally have a shop. Not open on Morton Day but managed to get it open on Open Day.

A 300 mile ride on the range and thanks to the wonders of the postal telegraph service I return to the township to find that the telegram I received from a fellow Mag7er is true.

This is good news. At least young whippersnappers can now be catered for. That’s the least a club, any club should have. Now let’s hope the next step will be an outlet in the township where the good folks live. Take the club to the community, don’t expect it to come to us. Shame not much goodies in it – strips and t-shirts – even a hoodie ! – No hats for us cowboys. Don’t think I saw a scarf – maybe they are under the counter, or have to be made to order – do you have to say what length you want ? Some pens, calendars and mugs (for puttin the coffeee in). Generally poor show - maybe more items to come on the next delivery stagecoach.

Told at the Seven Shack that the good Buddies of SMISA are throwin in their hard earned loot with the Stranger’s gang. This is a surprise. Yep, good luck to them. They have worked hard over the years to promote the club. Surprised that they have chosen to give their dollars to a cic outfit rather than direct to St. Mirren as I always thought that was the purpose of their fundraising. Can’t see what they will get for $50,000 other than a ‘thanks partners’ and possibly a place or two on the board below the board below the board. That’s a whole lot to risk after so many years of fundraising. Might have been better to loan the cash, interest free direct to the club. Get a good lawyer cowpokes! Just hope they have tied up their deal tighter than our defence was last season.

Got the mini programme for the Morton showdown. Does it page for page offer less value than the old yin ? Hardly any reading partner. Look forward to seeing the real one at the first league (s)howdown – hope it’s a whole lot bigger and better.

Only back for two days and have to hit the trail again probably before you read this.

Thanks to my ol friend Animal for his hospitality and for sending this – beans and whisky round the campfire – you can’t beat it partner. Sorry some villagers think you are me. This is not right at all hombres. It’s a lot of BULL and we’ve HERD it before, to believe this would be a big miSTEAK.

Looking for more news when I get back. There’s six of us in the township again. No doubt I’ll hear by Pony Express from one of them.

Heard a crackin tale at SMP on Saturday. We’ll wait and watch.

Stay in the saddle Saints.

Yul grow to love it.

Hotdiggity Buddies, we finally have a shop. Not open on Morton Day but managed to get it open on Open Day.

A 300 mile ride on the range and thanks to the wonders of the postal telegraph service I return to the township to find that the telegram I received from a fellow Mag7er is true.

This is good news. At least young whippersnappers can now be catered for. That’s the least a club, any club should have. Now let’s hope the next step will be an outlet in the township where the good folks live. Take the club to the community, don’t expect it to come to us. Shame not much goodies in it – strips and t-shirts – even a hoodie ! – No hats for us cowboys. Don’t think I saw a scarf – maybe they are under the counter, or have to be made to order – do you have to say what length you want ? Some pens, calendars and mugs (for puttin the coffeee in). Generally poor show - maybe more items to come on the next delivery stagecoach.

Told at the Seven Shack that the good Buddies of SMISA are throwin in their hard earned loot with the Stranger’s gang. This is a surprise. Yep, good luck to them. They have worked hard over the years to promote the club. Surprised that they have chosen to give their dollars to a cic outfit rather than direct to St. Mirren as I always thought that was the purpose of their fundraising. Can’t see what they will get for $50,000 other than a ‘thanks partners’ and possibly a place or two on the board below the board below the board. That’s a whole lot to risk after so many years of fundraising. Might have been better to loan the cash, interest free direct to the club. Get a good lawyer cowpokes! Just hope they have tied up their deal tighter than our defence was last season.

Got the mini programme for the Morton showdown. Does it page for page offer less value than the old yin ? Hardly any reading partner. Look forward to seeing the real one at the first league (s)howdown – hope it’s a whole lot bigger and better.

Only back for two days and have to hit the trail again probably before you read this.

Thanks to my ol friend Animal for his hospitality and for sending this – beans and whisky round the campfire – you can’t beat it partner. Sorry some villagers think you are me. This is not right at all hombres. It’s a lot of BULL and we’ve HERD it before, to believe this would be a big miSTEAK.

Looking for more news when I get back. There’s six of us in the township again. No doubt I’ll hear by Pony Express from one of them.

Yul grow to love it.

Running out of oomph are we? I'm sure even you genuinely questioned why you bothered retaining the "mystery".

Running out of oomph are we? I'm sure even you genuinely questioned why you bothered retaining the "mystery".

If he doesn't out himself soon, I might just... Growing tired of it all. Especially when some of those with genuine concerns are beginning to raise them constructively and ask the valid, probing questions that can be answered.

The stupid aliases and idiotic posts are becoming more and more inane.

Come on Yul/Animal, come clean and make yourself known before someone does it for you! :ph34r:

Yeah, it was like he'd moved into my territory now. I mean seriously pointing out how rubbish St Mirren are has been my job for the last 10 years, whether it's been mocking the failing youth system, the scouting network, the fact that chevrons came off the Hummel kit in the first wash, or pointing and laughing at the appallingly poor home support at many matches at Greenhill Road. But seriously the day when I'm left with nothing to scoff at other than a "lack of reading" in the match programme, and not enough merchandising items in the club shop - well that would be the day I'd give it a rest.

Yul grow to love it.

Aw diddums.....that post could have been slimmed down to a single pic:

Surrender+Monkey++2++052107.jpg

:P

Miss Evans on Real Radio earlier, hoping this doesn't go through. Can't say she offered many alternatives.

What alternative is there?

Would the BoD really call off the CiC bid at this stage? it's as good as done.

Are the board still looking for offers, I doubt it.

Miss Evans on Real Radio earlier, hoping this doesn't go through. Can't say she offered many alternatives.

No surprise there. Did she state her view that she hopes it doesn't go through ten, no sorry, twenty, perhaps thirty or so times.... to make sure she got to hear the sound of her own voice got her point over clearly to the listeners?

TSU did she lay out why she objects?

Putting aside Richard Atkinson, 10000hours and St Mirren for a minute I think CiC's and SENs are absolutely outstanding business models - particularly for Sports Clubs. I'm far from being the only one. There's a vision within the game that see's the whole structure changing to go back to something more historic, where senior clubs are the figurehead of an organisation that really does represent it's community and where senior football will be funded from the grassroots up rather than from funding bodies, and sponsors paying money in at the top end only to see Senior clubs waste it and for very little to find it's way back down. The recent sponsorship models from Lloyds TSB and McDonalds into the SFA seems to back this up - as does the recent policy changes outlined in the SFA AGM.

I can understand everyone having reservations. I've got one about the 10000hours model for St Mirren. I've expressed it several times. I think St Mirren fans are too stupid to get it. I think the CiC will succeed, but I don't think - at St Mirren - it will achieve it's potential. I know you've expressed your reservations too as have many others but I've yet to hear someone outline why a Community Interest Company model cannot work in football. If Michelle Evans or Yul or anyone does know why I wish they would express it properly. Not just for St Mirren, but to stop the hundreds of sports clubs, grassroots and otherwise that are embarking down the same route already.

TSU did she lay out why she objects?

Nah, just the same nonsense about they've missed deadlines. I'm sure she's wittered on about it on Real Radio before, though it's highly doubtful she ever got to the point. At the first meeting it was all about "I don't see what's in it for the club" or "Where is the money coming for the budget?". I also found it hilarious that she thought the selling consortium would put the £2 million in to the club.

A CIC should be able to work in football, but people will get caught up in the smaller things. For example, the social return is great for the loan levels though in the bigger picture is fantastic for bringing people together and turning the whole venture in to an ever evolving entity. Sadly, things like coffee afternoons or the laundry will be looked at as stupid and torn to bits on here. It also brings more exposure of the club to wider groups, groups who may have never considered attending in the past. That could see a rise in crowds and, therefore, a rise in money coming in. The CIC obviously has to work around the reality of agents and players asking for silly money, whilst the mentality of most football fans is to demand investment and almost expect a club to just find cash. Even over 12 months this CIC should see some results, but if it's not to the tune of 200K or so then people will go on about what was the point.

The CIC also needs to be exciting to International football fans. I'm not talking about Pick The Team, but give them something to really get their teeth in to.

Nah, just the same nonsense about they've missed deadlines. I'm sure she's wittered on about it on Real Radio before, though it's highly doubtful she ever got to the point. At the first meeting it was all about "I don't see what's in it for the club" or "Where is the money coming for the budget?". I also found it hilarious that she thought the selling consortium would put the £2 million in to the club.

A CIC should be able to work in football, but people will get caught up in the smaller things. For example, the social return is great for the loan levels though in the bigger picture is fantastic for bringing people together and turning the whole venture in to an ever evolving entity. Sadly, things like coffee afternoons or the laundry will be looked at as stupid and torn to bits on here. It also brings more exposure of the club to wider groups, groups who may have never considered attending in the past. That could see a rise in crowds and, therefore, a rise in money coming in. The CIC obviously has to work around the reality of agents and players asking for silly money, whilst the mentality of most football fans is to demand investment and almost expect a club to just find cash. Even over 12 months this CIC should see some results, but if it's not to the tune of 200K or so then people will go on about what was the point.

The CIC also needs to be exciting to International football fans. I'm not talking about Pick The Team, but give them something to really get their teeth in to.

To be honest I'm not sure it can be made to be exciting. It's just what it is. it's a membership just like the one you might have at the golf club, the snooker club, or the bowling club. Look at what is happening at Clyde. They've been a CiC for a while now and they've got members and a buy in from local businesses. What they've managed to achieve in a small period of time is cheaper season tickets for the fans, a load of discount offers from local business and a youth football set up that will probably rival the Falkirk in the Community teams in the Cumbernauld and District leagues in terms of size, structure and organisation. It's not likely to set the heart racing but it's a club that is rebuilding from the bottom up. They've obviously got very different problems in terms of money, lack of support, a high rent, and a pending stadium move possibly to a completely different town but if you like the concrete is being poured metaphorically to give them a more stable future.

10000hours should achieve much more with St Mirren but had the route of becoming a CiC been more standard I think you would have seen members benefits being offered up front to attract membership and all the talk of having a say in the running of the football club would have been hunted to the sidelines. There may also have been a much more off the peg membership for Community organisations than this rather flexible and frustrating MoU situation which has seen community groups approached and then being asked what they would like. I think the process of getting here has undoubtedly raised expectations and like you I think there is a danger that members will quickly become disaffected - although I think the bigger concern isn't the individual membership, but that the Community or the Corporate members will struggle to get a return on their investment and as a result they refuse to renew into the second year.

I think the process of getting here has undoubtedly raised expectations and like you I think there is a danger that members will quickly become disaffected - although I think the bigger concern isn't the individual membership, but that the Community or the Corporate members will struggle to get a return on their investment and as a result they refuse to renew into the second year.

Very poor post Stu. Doing your homework would have told you that the majority of commercial members have signed up on multi-year deals.

I do agree with you on the involvement side though. As you have experience you will know that most clubs / orgs are run by a very busy and dedicated few and that it is a thankless task as there will be lots of fat lazy snipers who do f"k aw but moan about things second guessing / criticising them at every opportunity. :)

Any organsation is made up of about 5% genuinely creative and productive members with the rest being made up of wastrels, fannyslabbers and general bawbags. :wink:

Very poor post Stu. Doing your homework would have told you that the majority of commercial members have signed up on multi-year deals.

I do agree with you on the involvement side though. As you have experience you will know that most clubs / orgs are run by a very busy and dedicated few and that it is a thankless task as there will be lots of fat lazy snipers who do f"k aw but moan about things second guessing / criticising them at every opportunity. :)

Any organsation is made up of about 5% genuinely creative and productive members with the rest being made up of wastrels, fannyslabbers and general bawbags. :wink:

Is it the majority? I could certainly see two who would be and why that would be the case. I didn't think there would be more than that though.

Yep, totally agree with the rest of what you said. Of course the problem at any AGM is getting the dedicated members re-elected and getting rid of the wasters , especially when in practice the dedicated ones will be the ones that will have sat in judgement at the disciplinary hearings, or who will have delivered the knock backs to requests based on the current level of funds available. I guess that's the big problem for Richard Atkinson....how do they get someone hard working in and get rid of the likes of you..... :P

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Ms Evans made it very clear at the first public meeting that she didn't understand the CiC model nor did she want to. Her agenda, like some others is not of questioning to ascertain answers but to cast aspertions and doubts. She knows very little about football and even less about business, it would seem. It also appears that neither she nor her band of coonsilor/emmesspee-types want the best for the community of Paisley or the football club. I am convinced that the CiC will deliver on both fronts and am happy to say so and state why. I have not heard any of her bunch state why they don't want it to go ahead or the alternatives that would be on offer...

When they publicly come out and do that, I'll weigh it up. Until then, the like of Michelle and the others (many of us know who they are) will not be listened to and seriously risk jeopardising their reputations!

It is the sign of a poor journalist when her personal feelings overtake reporting on a story. By all means express your reservations and demand answers, but stating opinion with no reasoning is not informative or helpful to listeners.

Darn it’s good to be back in the saddle.

Yessiree, even though some Saints villagers actually complain about ma Texican language its good to be back in the ol homestead. Can you believe that rancheros, complaining about darn western wurds? Tell you what though pardners, I’d rather use this lingo than some of the downright shockin, not to say un-preacher like language we have seen on this here elektrikal thingamy but specially on the un-ofeeshul outlet. This is bad.

Wash your mouths out. Spit in a Saints spittoon cowpokes. You know who you are.

There are some cowboys who try to take the high ground just at that there far bluff. Funnyslobbers you might say. And bluff seems to be their business too. Shockin, specially as some of the whippersnappers amongst us read this stuff. Stop it and speak proper, remember the young folks.

Meanwhile back at the ranch.

Looks like the story we picked up at SMP was a dandy n all. Seems the hero, the legend, the frontman in all of this here tawdry tale, a gringo who has not been seen or heard from in public since he and the Kibble Kid (remember him?) rode off, seems to have had something of a change of heart. The Stranger is no longer his posse leader. This is sad as he is a genuine Saints legend. Neigh doubt about it though as we heard it almost from the horse’s mouth (we say almost as a talking horse would just be plain ridiculous). Least ways from what we’ve been a hearin he’s a Saint in the shadows trying to keep his screen image intact. Could things be patched up for public consumption? We doubt it.

On set the deck of cards down at the saloon is surely marked. The black and white dice is loaded just as the cic is loaded against Saints future progress. It’s bluff time sure enough, but time is running out.

Word around the stockade is that another big player in this screenplay is slowly changing his position from what it was at rehearsals. This is good. And rumours abound about some of the backers of the cic hoping for a ‘position’ in the big cic picture. This does seem to be correct. This is bad. If the cic was to go ahead everything should be done above board and for the benefit of St Mirren and the supporters (That’s not a fourth board, just a turn of phrase. Lawdy!) Time will tell.

Meantime the Stranger has upset more of the goodies at the big house. This is bad. Spirits are low, a bit like the stock in the club shop.

We followed the drove road east and came back to the township with a point to deposit in the El Banco EsPL. It was a good start and a chance for us who made it to catch up before I head out on the range workwise at sun up.

At least I will make it back for the Aberdeen game. Who knows, the cic may even be Don to death by the time the stage pulls in.

Before I head for the bunkhouse and just to labour the point. The only thing hereabouts running out of steam is the cic itself. That parliclar choo choo should have left the Saints Station long ago.

Quiet isn’t it.

A wild dog howls at the moon.

Yul, not mechanical but thanks for the moniker, and the truly Magnificent Seven.

tbc

Darn it’s good to be back in the saddle.

Yessiree, even though some Saints villagers actually complain about ma Texican language its good to be back in the ol homestead. Can you believe that rancheros, complaining about darn western wurds? Tell you what though pardners, I’d rather use this lingo than some of the downright shockin, not to say un-preacher like language we have seen on this here elektrikal thingamy but specially on the un-ofeeshul outlet. This is bad.

Wash your mouths out. Spit in a Saints spittoon cowpokes. You know who you are.

There are some cowboys who try to take the high ground just at that there far bluff. Funnyslobbers you might say. And bluff seems to be their business too. Shockin, specially as some of the whippersnappers amongst us read this stuff. Stop it and speak proper, remember the young folks.

Meanwhile back at the ranch.

Looks like the story we picked up at SMP was a dandy n all. Seems the hero, the legend, the frontman in all of this here tawdry tale, a gringo who has not been seen or heard from in public since he and the Kibble Kid (remember him?) rode off, seems to have had something of a change of heart. The Stranger is no longer his posse leader. This is sad as he is a genuine Saints legend. Neigh doubt about it though as we heard it almost from the horse’s mouth (we say almost as a talking horse would just be plain ridiculous). Least ways from what we’ve been a hearin he’s a Saint in the shadows trying to keep his screen image intact. Could things be patched up for public consumption? We doubt it.

On set the deck of cards down at the saloon is surely marked. The black and white dice is loaded just as the cic is loaded against Saints future progress. It’s bluff time sure enough, but time is running out.

Word around the stockade is that another big player in this screenplay is slowly changing his position from what it was at rehearsals. This is good. And rumours abound about some of the backers of the cic hoping for a ‘position’ in the big cic picture. This does seem to be correct. This is bad. If the cic was to go ahead everything should be done above board and for the benefit of St Mirren and the supporters (That’s not a fourth board, just a turn of phrase. Lawdy!) Time will tell.

Meantime the Stranger has upset more of the goodies at the big house. This is bad. Spirits are low, a bit like the stock in the club shop.

We followed the drove road east and came back to the township with a point to deposit in the El Banco EsPL. It was a good start and a chance for us who made it to catch up before I head out on the range workwise at sun up.

At least I will make it back for the Aberdeen game. Who knows, the cic may even be Don to death by the time the stage pulls in.

Before I head for the bunkhouse and just to labour the point. The only thing hereabouts running out of steam is the cic itself. That parliclar choo choo should have left the Saints Station long ago.

Quiet isn’t it.

A wild dog howls at the moon.

Yul, not mechanical but thanks for the moniker, and the truly Magnificent Seven.

tbc

Anyone able to decode this pish?

Word around the stockade is that another big player in this screenplay is slowly changing his position from what it was at rehearsals. This does seem to be correct. This is bad.

It is correct ,alledgedly , and if this "big player" continues with their mindset then it will all be over before it begins ! :ph34r:

Wether or not it goes through, can we just leave Fitzy out of this. He doesn't deserve his legend status to be tarnished by his position in/out of favour with the CIC. He's kept a silent position, and that is his right. Doesn't make him a "baddy" Yul :huh: