The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

Fitting out the void ASAP has many benefits. One is that the current corporate hospitality suite is used for many kinds of 'events', some of which involve kids, and my understanding is it would be desireable to move certain kinds of existing usage into the new members bar area - hopefully helping keep our prime suite in good order. It musn't be allowed to become grubby, damaged, or generally tired before its time. The void will be a multi purpose area, it will compliment the existing suite, and even if (for talking sake) GLS was coming in, instead of the CIC, I would think it makes sense to fit this area out, for the longer term picture, and gives the club an entirely new string to its bow.

I only suggested both as an alternative to the excuse of "we only have one liscense holder"

Any bollocks of speculate to accumulate didnt come from me. Unless your talking about the point of the event paying for the staff. Which is hardly the same as a million pound development. Its common sense that if a function is on there will be extra funds to pay the 2 members of bar staff. Christ selling 6 pints every hour would pay the staff.

We don't know if the cic will fill the old suite. What I meant was by all means when the old suite is constantly booked out develop the void, but I don't see it as a priority.

ETA you said it was me who brought up the third party as if I then rubbished the idea. What about me bringing it up?

That post is all over the place....you should change your alias to flapsalmon. :P

This is one of the issues that the anti-CIC mob needs to address. It has these hairbrained halfbaked excuses for not supporting the CIC that are clearly only being discussed in their own heads. Once they see the light of day and are scrutinised for all of a second they are clearly the fictional creations of easily confused amoeba-brained miscreants.

Just the hint of the CIC has already seen increase in utilisation of the facilities. The MoUs with the community organisations will guarantee utilisation of the facilities at set rates. The great thing about this is that it extends beyond just the evening dinner events and will include daytime utilisation for events due to the nature of the orgs. St Mirren becomes the Hub for a lot of people = more prospective fans that would never have gone near the club without CIC involvement. Increased footfall at the club will mean more paying customers - as per a previous post to BudtheBaker...that is a very basic consumer retailing fact. :)

They sold off the gym in the old stadium

No they didn't. The gym was losing money and they decided to close it. One of the guys who worked in the gym took it off St. Mirren's hands and in return paid some rent. A gym was a non core asset and the club didn't have the expertise to make money from it.

and they've done absolutely nothing at all to attract business in to either the old stadium or the new stadium outside of the 20 odd match days per year.

2. You're absolutely right about the 10000hours agenda. This is about facilities.

Its not. Its about the football club.

Increased footfall at the club will mean more paying customers - as per a previous post to BudtheBaker...that is a very basic consumer retailing fact. :)

A retailing fact that Sid has just made up. Cos... it's not factual.

For over 40 years now, I've been cutting through John Lewis' ground floor as a shortcut.

Not once have I paused to buy make-up nor have ever yet considered doing so.

There has to be synergy between location and purpose of use.

The simple fact that more people use a hall does not mean more paying customers, at all.

I hope this helps? :)

A retailing fact that Sid has just made up. Cos... it's not factual.

For over 40 years now, I've been cutting through John Lewis' ground floor as a shortcut.

Not once have I paused to buy make-up nor have ever yet considered doing so.

There has to be synergy between location and purpose of use.

The simple fact that more people use a hall does not mean more paying customers, at all.

I hope this helps? :)

Aye, but you're always boasting that you've never managed to walk through Hampstead Heath without investing in some off the shelf "pleasure". :P

For years I've cut through Debenham's in the St Enoch Centre, I too have never bought make-up or ginger hair dye in it, so the extra footfall factor hasn't shown up in extra Debenham's business from auld' Poz.

However, as a fan of NFL football I have went on stadium tours at the Redskins, Saints, Cowboys, and Broncos stadiums. The first three were fine, wonderful stadia, however, in Denver, the people there were incredibly friendly, stopped to ask us all about Scotland, made us feel really welcome. Result? My wife and I adopted the Denver Broncos as our favourite NFL team - went to see them at Wembley, buy T Shirts, hats... 2 new fans for the Broncos.

We can do likewise. Look after people, make them welcome at St Mirren Park, treat them right... you can buy make-up and ginger hair dye in a thousand places, there's no emotion, no passion, no excitement or feeling. A football club is a different beast. We should be positioning ourselves as the club with a human touch, the club with heart and soul, a different sort of football club, no baggage of an ugly sister variety, where we do things a bit differently. Maybe a 'St Pauli' kind of vibe...

Just my opinion. One town, one team. Damn right, time for us to shout about how great a club we are, and how great a club we can be.

I definitely need coffee and a wee nap after that post. Mon the Saintssssss!

Edited by pozbaird

We can do likewise. Look after people, make them welcome at St Mirren Park, treat them right... you can buy make-up and ginger hair dye in a thousand places, there's no emotion, no passion, no excitement or feeling. A football club is a different beast. We should be positioning ourselves as the club with a human touch, the club with heart and soul, a different sort of football club, no baggage of an ugly sister variety, where we do things a bit differently. Maybe a 'St Pauli' kind of vibe...

Well... Sid certainly proves your point with every post he makes.

dry.gif

That'll work, then.

Edited by bluto

I'm looking forward to the new Poz era at St Mirren. I can't wait to hear chants of "The referee knows what he's doing" and songs about your dear friends from r*ngers, c*ltic and Morton.

It'll be wonderful. No segregation. Children wearing Old Firm tops will be picked up and hugged.... before being tied to the tracks at St James.

Now Stu, you try and resist the urge to re-ignite the old segregation debate. Really, please, for the sake of our sanity, don't go there.

It'll be wonderful. No segregation. Children wearing Old Firm tops will be picked up and hugged.... before being tied to the tracks at St James.

Now Stu, you try and resist the urge to re-ignite the old segregation debate. Really, please, for the sake of our sanity, don't go there.

I have noticed Mr Dickson being called this more and more recently and am a PM away from getting Fras to send me his lawyer's number :angry:

I have noticed Mr Dickson being called this more and more recently and am a PM away from getting Fras to send me his lawyer's number :angry:

Please accept my humble apologies, real Stu. As punishment, I will forsake 18 holes at the gowf' this afternoon in the sunshine, and will instead close the curtains and watch a rerun of the 2010 League Cup Final, while wearing the bib strip.

I was sure you said your core interest at the club was the first team. My main interest in Coca Cola is the stuff that's in the can. I'm not interested in who owns the company.

Nope, the distractions from the core interest of the club, the first team, is the main reason why I'm agin it. Having said that it seems to be the only game in town so I suppose we'd better hope it does work.

........and I'd already stated my concern about the CiC, that it will distract from the first team. Whether I'm right or wrong I'm interested in who own the club in case they decide to change a winning formula like a famous cola company did back in the '80's!

........and I'd already stated my concern about the CiC, that it will distract from the first team. Whether I'm right or wrong I'm interested in who own the club in case they decide to change a winning formula like a famous cola company did back in the '80's!

Quick sums - I make it St Mirren have played 191 SPL fixtures since their return to in 2006. They have won just 42, A strike rate of 1 in 5. In contrast they have lost 93 times - that's 1 in 2. If there is a formula at St Mirren Park under the current board structure I would think even they would find it hard to call it a "winning" one... :rolleyes:

Quick sums - I make it St Mirren have played 191 SPL fixtures since their return to in 2006. They have won just 42, A strike rate of 1 in 5. In contrast they have lost 93 times - that's 1 in 2.

That sounds about right in terms of stats.

Yeah it annoys me too. I don't let my family call me "Stu" - my name is Stuart! :angry:

And did it make you storm off in a huff and declare them all dead to you, yet still turn up at weddings, funerals and birthday parties just to remind them at every opportunity that they are dead to you, that they are all c"nts and you go to strangers weddings, funerals and birthdays as they are much more entertaining. :P

I only suggested both as an alternative to the excuse of "we only have one liscense holder"

Any bollocks of speculate to accumulate didnt come from me. Unless your talking about the point of the event paying for the staff. Which is hardly the same as a million pound development. Its common sense that if a function is on there will be extra funds to pay the 2 members of bar staff. Christ selling 6 pints every hour would pay the staff.

We don't know if the cic will fill the old suite. What I meant was by all means when the old suite is constantly booked out develop the void, but I don't see it as a priority.

ETA you said it was me who brought up the third party as if I then rubbished the idea. What about me bringing it up?

Also added to the fact that a personal license only costs £50 to register. If we can't afford that level of investment in the club then we areally being run as a 2 bob outfit.

And did it make you storm off in a huff and declare them all dead to you, yet still turn up at weddings, funerals and birthday parties just to remind them at every opportunity that they are dead to you, that they are all c"nts and you go to strangers weddings, funerals and birthdays as they are much more entertaining. :P

Eh? :blink: Are you getting me confused with Zippy or something. He's the only person I know who goes to strangers funerals for the free sausage rolls. :rolleyes:

Quick sums - I make it St Mirren have played 191 SPL fixtures since their return to in 2006. They have won just 42, A strike rate of 1 in 5. In contrast they have lost 93 times - that's 1 in 2. If there is a formula at St Mirren Park under the current board structure I would think even they would find it hard to call it a "winning" one... :rolleyes:

The current board structure inherited a club £3 million in debt, struggling against relegation to the Second Division, a crumblin stadium, no training ground, paltry attendances a low income.

We ae now in our 6th consecutive season in the SPL, have no debt, a brand new stadium, our own training ground, gates are massivley up and income has more than doubled.

I don't it hard to call it a "winning" one. :wink:

The current board structure inherited a club £3 million in debt, struggling against relegation to the Second Division, a crumblin stadium, no training ground, paltry attendances a low income.

We ae now in our 6th consecutive season in the SPL, have no debt, a brand new stadium, our own training ground, gates are massivley up and income has more than doubled.

I don't it hard to call it a "winning" one. :wink:

Hmm, I'm sure the last set of annual accounts showed that St Mirren owed creditors £861,000. :rolleyes:

Fair enough so I was wrong - but so were you when you initially claimed the club had no debt. :rolleyes:

Dear oh dear.

Trade creditors of 5% of turnover is short term debt that any business would have.

Your implication that the club still had long term debts in the form of loans / overdrafts is wrong. You have failed yet again.

And your point that the club's current board haven't had a winning strategy is an epic fail. They've even got a winning team on the park now that plays attractive football.

They really killed the club softly, didn't they. :lol:

Dear oh dear.

Trade creditors of 5% of turnover is short term debt that any business would have.

Your implication that the club still had long term debts in the form of loans / overdrafts is wrong. You have failed yet again.

And your point that the club's current board haven't had a winning strategy is an epic fail. They've even got a winning team on the park now that plays attractive football.

They really killed the club softly, didn't they. :lol:

One swallow does not make a summer. One entertaining home performance is six years is not a record of success. And 1 win in 5 over a continued period of six seasons cannot be construed as a winning anything.

Oh and if I go into overdraft at the bank it's still a debt even if it's authorised.

But you carry on with your delusions

Edited by Stuart Dickson