The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

Howdy from the bunkhouse

Just back from taking a wagon train south of the border, down Texaco way.

Despite what some upset villagers have said we’re sending this wire just as we did with the first two - without and before meetings called by the mysterious stranger.

Only 3 of the Mag7 had a chance to make the long ride north. The mules were sluggish on the way back from that one I can tell you. Saddlebags empty of points and on a downward journey.

Worrying times.

Imagine trying to finance yir way back up to the SPL with a percentage of the CIC ‘members only’ saloon bar takings and to quote, ‘living within your means’ limitations. Plus a percentage of the magical 20% increased commercial income we are promised. Nope, I stand corrected, told we could/might get. Just like the 52 events we will have at SMP. Not to worry, the Kibble Kid and his Kibble Kids might club together with the worshippers to save us. Perhaps not. Word is the churchy folk are going to mothball their Paisley premises to allow for a return. Might say they’ve taken stock in Stock Street there! Shows the FAITH they have in the CIC.

For ‘living within yer means’ please read ‘We’ve no cash, we’ve no chance of getting any more cash, we’re running short of cash cos the villagers have cut off their cash flow and the £10kers have decided to head for the hills. So we have to manage to a structure. We’ll cut our cloth and if it’s First Division then that’s what it will be. If it’s Second Division then - if it’s Third - no way back. Okay so we’ve been relegated before (as someone very prominent pointed out on the forums in the last couple of days) and come back up.

Unfortunately he didn’t point out that the time before last it took about FIFTEEN YEARS and many dollars being injected from sources then outside the club. A decision was made then, a flexible decision based on circumstance and not LOCKED IN TO A CIC nightmare. Yikes! With apologies to Doris Day try reversing the CIC stage up that blind CIC alley in good ole Deadwood.

We could put a £15 surcharge on season tickets though. That was something possibly worthy of consideration later said the Stranger at the last meeting. Brilliant! Even to consider this will cost the club money. We’ll give STH no options. A contact we have made a very valid point only last week on this idea. As you say in Scotchland, fans would disappear like snaw aff a dyke. HOW CAN ANYONE who does not wish to contribute a dime to the cic TRUST THAT ANY SEASON TICKET PRICE INCREASE FROM HERE ON IN IS NOT BEING SYPHONED OFF TO THE CIC? We think that’s a very good point. It shakes the trust between club and support to the core and is a very dangerous route to go down.

While I’ve been away the telegraph wires have been a hummin with some of the latest news from the postal telegraph office on both the darned offishul shack and the anything goes version where some of the language is a itty bitty bit over the top. Shame on you we say. We are not banditos! The last time the Magnificent Seven had to help the villagers there was mucho aggro and not of the North Bank type but contained none of the poor quality language here. Watch the damned film. Darn, sorry about the language there. We 7 might be enough to make a Saint swear right enough but as the barmaid in the saloon said the troof hurts. Deal with it with a civil tongue please.

And while we’re at it some folk have complained about actually havin to think about the CONTENT and MESSAGE behind the words we’re a settin an they’re a readin. Then they complain about that instead of ADDRESSIN the points but make no mention of the bad language used by some very poor posters. Read back and see pardners.

Aneeehow, it seems a new fangled solar panel salesman is signing up, to sign up, to sign up for the mysterious stranger’s deal latest deal. This is being trumpeted once again on the wires as a great development by some of the stranger’s henchmen, that’s the well meaning guys who saddle up actually do all the work amongst the natives, convince them this is the best deal from the big men at the Casa Rancho then are left to the revenge of the natives if all goes wrong.

But in actuality yet another vested interest joins or nearly joins the shaky, unannounced, very secret club that is the CIC or the Can’t Inform Calamity ( sorry again Doris) as it may become known. Still, as the freesheets say news is news. It might well have merit, but selling the club back electricity at a cheap rate in return for endorsement is hardly bell ringing support. It’s more a response to an obvious commercial inducement. You scratch my back etc. In the normal sense this would be considered good business if it wasn’t being presented in this way.

On a brighter side we have been handed a few more bandoleers of cartridges by some of the villagers who are now asking questions of each other should the worst happen. The funny thing is that we’re going to use the bullets to fire back at them, and this isn’t even a comedy.

Since we got back into town the big questions seem to be ‘If fellow villagers give up (for whatever reason) paying hard earned pesos into the CIC. What would happen - to the club - to the CIC - and why?

Reasons don’t matter. Whether relegation, disillusionment, value for dollars, skills on the pitch, management style, league position. The villagers are now beginning to see the danger and debate it openly in public. The same, the exact same, problems would afflict any outside businesses daft enough to buy into this. They would inevitably act in much the same way AND COULD DO SO AT ANY TIME. Starve the CIC of pesos while the members - 300 plus - debate or call to sack the manager. Well they can hardly call to sack the board can they? Talk about airing yir dirty ponchos in public. Try keeping that quiet, what a potential way to run an SPL club, the wires would come alive and the newssheets would have a field day, we keep horses in ours, that’s ok. Now that would put pressure on a manager. Ridiculous.

Wake up and smell the coffee on the campfire.

The fans will HAVE NO SAY. The CIC board would veto anything like that while the gringo collects in the villagers’ hard earned dollars. Dollars that they pay for the privilege of being vetoed. You couldn’t make this stuff up. Must find a scriptwriter for this one.

Oh well, time to get back outa town, Pronto Tonto.

‘til the next time pardners

TMS

Hey Yul, why do you post these things as "Yul" and your other anti-CIC stuff using your "animal" account ? :blink:

Remember I can see your IP :P

Shucks Yul, Gunslinger Div appears to have 21st century weaponry down at the Coral these days. The Seven may have 6(pointer) shooters, but The Good, The Bad & The Baldy have laser guided tomahawks.

Hey Yul, why do you post these things as "Yul" and your other anti-CIC stuff using your "animal" account ? :blink:

Remember I can see your IP :P

Yul and I share many things, including a computer at times and a concern for our Club, but we are two very different people.

They should be handing out CIC enrolement forms at the turnstyle on Saturday, get their bank details pronto. Taking advantage of the feel good factor would get them to their quota in no time at all.

Yeah , and a nice wee early signing of at least one decent player would also be seen as a statement of intent !

Yeah , and a nice wee early signing of at least one decent player would also be seen as a statement of intent !

And how would they do that Billy?

I'm sorry for singling your post out but there appear to be some pretty unrealistic expectations coming from St Mirren fans who just aren't able to get their head around the fact that this is not the same as having Brooks Mileston buy his way into the club throwing loads of money at Danny Lennon to spend on players.

It's going to be a much slower process than that. The CIC will need to get approval from funders. Then it will need to get everyone signed up an contributing. Then you're going to have a period where people come forward to nominate themselves as candidates for election to the members committee's. There will be the whole election campaign, members will need to have time to vote. Then the committee's themselves will need to meet to assess the clubs current financial position and agree on budgets and strategies going forward before any new money is likely to be put into the playing budget.

I would imagine that next seasons playing budget, at least until January, will be exactly the same - or perhaps slightly less than this seasons.

And how would they do that Billy?

I'm sorry for singling your post out but there appear to be some pretty unrealistic expectations coming from St Mirren fans who just aren't able to get their head around the fact that this is not the same as having Brooks Mileston buy his way into the club throwing loads of money at Danny Lennon to spend on players.

It's going to be a much slower process than that. The CIC will need to get approval from funders. Then it will need to get everyone signed up an contributing. Then you're going to have a period where people come forward to nominate themselves as candidates for election to the members committee's. There will be the whole election campaign, members will need to have time to vote. Then the committee's themselves will need to meet to assess the clubs current financial position and agree on budgets and strategies going forward before any new money is likely to be put into the playing budget.

I would imagine that next seasons playing budget, at least until January, will be exactly the same - or perhaps slightly less than this seasons.

... or alternatively, the current BOD sign someone for DL.

Simples, unlike your scenario, which bears no relation to the present.

... or alternatively, the current BOD sign someone for DL.

Simples, unlike your scenario, which bears no relation to the present.

:blink:

I can only assume you mean from the current playing budget - because if you think that five board members who are about to trouser £2m between them, are going to dig into that to fund the purchase of a new player just before a new owner comes in I think you are about as far detached from reality as you can possible be.... :rolleyes:

The manager will already know his budget for the SPL campaign next season. He has already said that he has been talking to his first signing target in advance of the window opening.

I'd imagine he will already know who he is going to offer new deals to and who will be allowed to leave at the end of their contracts.

The CIC takeover, even if it went through this month, will make absolutely no difference to the playing budget next season.

Some big waged players will be moving on this summer. I think Danny will have more scope for improving the squad this season than he had last time and more importantly he has a better idea of what he has in the squad, and what he needs to strengthen. I am also confident that the signings this close season will be very agreeable to both the sane fans and even the weirder 77-school ones. And it will all be very much within the playing budget. :)

:blink:

I can only assume you mean from the current playing budget - because if you think that five board members who are about to trouser £2m between them, are going to dig into that to fund the purchase of a new player just before a new owner comes in I think you are about as far detached from reality as you can possible be.... :rolleyes:

Duh :blink: All it needs is someone to sign a contract and announce it silly...

I have never been employed and given cash at the same time, have you?

Duh :blink: All it needs is someone to sign a contract and announce it silly...

I have never been employed and given cash at the same time, have you?

Ah, I see. Your name isn't Gordon Brown by any chance is it.... :rolleyes:

I know one candidate who's name I won't be voting for if that's the level of business acumen you have.

Yeehah,

We’re back again having just made the kick off on Saturday.

Two of us made the shareholders meeting along with one who is not a shareholder. No checks at the door. Envelopes calling the meeting sent out with no postcodes and no town names in some cases. About 90 made it. You might think sending out the invitations only a couple of days in advance was deliberate! In what other sphere of his business would a Stranger (who claimed at the meeting to employ 400 staff, quote ‘I have a staff of four hundred.’) send out something as important as this in such a way? Okay, let’s clear this up once and for all. The Stranger does not run Maxi, his daddy does, he’s the son of the father, got it? One of our 7 was told at the meeting that his offishul business card has his name on it but NO DESIGNATION, not even director. NOW THAT IS STRANGE. A strange Stranger, what next?

Thanks for the private messages of support. And LB you are right, it isn’t our job to provide alternatives to the CIC. That is the job of the board and nobody else. Maybe our alternative would be a limited company that currently has far more individual shareholders than have pledged to the CIC.

300 to 600 CIC members will not produce any kind of valid claim to be representative of the support or to be a club owned by the fans. WITH A CIC MEMBERSHIP, A CICer WILL PART OWN THE CIC,.END OF STORY. THE CIC WILL, as an entity OWN 52 percent of the club. Behind all this a Stranger will have 300 or more Saints fans paying out the money for him to take over our club. He will hold all the aces. He could use the stadium to hold concerts, events and such. He could set up a company to do this independent of the cic. He could then pay a peppercorn rental to the club and divert some profit to the cic. The events outfit could keep the profits. It could, oh yes it could. It could be part of a bigger plan. Then again.

As the dust continues to swirl around the cic posse it still shows no sign of clearing. When a villager by the name of John (we/ I are not/am not John) asked the Stranger how many shares he had purchased the Stranger answered ‘I’m not sure’. You want to but over the club and you don’t know how many shares you have said John. ‘Well, I’m not sure, something like 300 or 400’ was the reply. Well I’ll be darned. The Stranger has a really bad memory. He has 30 or 40 shares that cost him around £7 each. That was easy for the three of us present to remember! We said previously that he seemed ok. Not so sure motive-wise now.

By the end of Saturdays’s match the villagers (some of whom were knee high to a grasshopper and obviously had no understanding of what they were handing out) were carrying bundles of unused cic leaflets. This reflects the general mood we think. The bins outside the turnstiles were full of them though. The cic is now at the limit of pledges. Time for this fantasy is fast running out. The SMISA column in the programme virtually advised fans to think again. It was non committal, with good reason.

The Kibble Kid was animated again at the questioning he received at the Shareholders jamboree. He is not a Saints fan despite asking previously ‘why it this has all been left to us, it makes you wonder what the board have been doing for the past ten years’. That’s rich. The Mysterious Stranger’s even more mysterious side-kick cut him off as he spoke. This was commented on by the two shareholders sitting next to us. One also told us that the board are out of patience with the Stranger. At least one wants out too. Maybe some people are beginning to see sense. This whole cic and caboodle has depended on the goodwill and loyalty of decent St. Mirren supporters who believe that they will be helping their club. IT IS THIS LOVE THAT BLINDS THEM TO THE REALITIES OF THIS POTENTIAL TRIP TO FOOTBALL’s BOOT (appropriate that don’t you think?) HILL.

Well now, it’s almost time to hit the old saloon. This is no poker game we’re all in pardners. If the cic takes over then it’s a limitation on Saints ability to act, feel, invest and operate like a normal football club. Budgets are set yes, but in the normal scheme of things they are added to when and if necessary. We could not do that under a cic.

As the funds have still not materialised after almost a year (yes we know… confidentiality, difficult, we can’t tell you but we have a basketball club on board, wait it out, we’ll have three boards, inevitably I will be on all three, and be chairman to boot) this is going nowhere. Taxpayers’ dollars, Paisley pesos amongst them, may be much, much harder to come by to buy St. Mirren. A cic is not for this purpose, look it up and don’t mention long term sustainability!

Oh and another thing. Stop talking about the damn bar. It’s a bar. Not the International Monetary Fund. Any profits probably wouldn’t change a wheel on our wagon!

Three wheels on my wagon, and I’ll keep rolling along… unlike the CIC…

It’s cool to be YUL

Ah, I see. Your name isn't Gordon Brown by any chance is it.... :rolleyes:

I know one candidate who's name I won't be voting for if that's the level of business acumen you have.

Absolute Drivel... I'm afraid I won't be standing in the CIC Elections, but its good to see you will at least be joining the CIC then? Good man! Will you vote for St.Sid?

Absolute Drivel... I'm afraid I won't be standing in the CIC Elections, but its good to see you will at least be joining the CIC then? Good man! Will you vote for St.Sid?

He's already put himself forward as my Campaign Manager - we'll need a lot of donations to cover the campaign pie budget. :P