The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

Darn it’s good to be back in the saddle.

Yessiree, even though some Saints villagers actually complain about ma Texican language its good to be back in the ol homestead. Can you believe that rancheros, complaining about darn western wurds? Tell you what though pardners, I’d rather use this lingo than some of the downright shockin, not to say un-preacher like language we have seen on this here elektrikal thingamy but specially on the un-ofeeshul outlet. This is bad.

Wash your mouths out. Spit in a Saints spittoon cowpokes. You know who you are.

There are some cowboys who try to take the high ground just at that there far bluff. Funnyslobbers you might say. And bluff seems to be their business too. Shockin, specially as some of the whippersnappers amongst us read this stuff. Stop it and speak proper, remember the young folks.

Meanwhile back at the ranch.

Looks like the story we picked up at SMP was a dandy n all. Seems the hero, the legend, the frontman in all of this here tawdry tale, a gringo who has not been seen or heard from in public since he and the Kibble Kid (remember him?) rode off, seems to have had something of a change of heart. The Stranger is no longer his posse leader. This is sad as he is a genuine Saints legend. Neigh doubt about it though as we heard it almost from the horse’s mouth (we say almost as a talking horse would just be plain ridiculous). Least ways from what we’ve been a hearin he’s a Saint in the shadows trying to keep his screen image intact. Could things be patched up for public consumption? We doubt it.

On set the deck of cards down at the saloon is surely marked. The black and white dice is loaded just as the cic is loaded against Saints future progress. It’s bluff time sure enough, but time is running out.

Word around the stockade is that another big player in this screenplay is slowly changing his position from what it was at rehearsals. This is good. And rumours abound about some of the backers of the cic hoping for a ‘position’ in the big cic picture. This does seem to be correct. This is bad. If the cic was to go ahead everything should be done above board and for the benefit of St Mirren and the supporters (That’s not a fourth board, just a turn of phrase. Lawdy!) Time will tell.

Meantime the Stranger has upset more of the goodies at the big house. This is bad. Spirits are low, a bit like the stock in the club shop.

We followed the drove road east and came back to the township with a point to deposit in the El Banco EsPL. It was a good start and a chance for us who made it to catch up before I head out on the range workwise at sun up.

At least I will make it back for the Aberdeen game. Who knows, the cic may even be Don to death by the time the stage pulls in.

Before I head for the bunkhouse and just to labour the point. The only thing hereabouts running out of steam is the cic itself. That parliclar choo choo should have left the Saints Station long ago.

Quiet isn’t it.

A wild dog howls at the moon.

Yul, not mechanical but thanks for the moniker, and the truly Magnificent Seven.

tbc

Absolutely gutless!

If someone in the consortium has an issue and sees a better option elsewhere then they should say so.

If a "legend" sees something he doesn't like then he should inform the fans.

If an insider has a genuine concern then they should make it known.

Absolutely guaranteed that any of the information coming out via those three options couldn't possibly be looked upon with as much doubt as your posts are.

Hell, if you have a genuine concern and give a shit about the club then you should put it forward a lot more genuinely than you have to date.

It is the sign of a poor journalist when her personal feelings overtake reporting on a story. By all means express your reservations and demand answers, but stating opinion with no reasoning is not informative or helpful to listeners.

Whereas everything else on Real Radio.......

Absolutely gutless!

If someone in the consortium has an issue and sees a better option elsewhere then they should say so.

If a "legend" sees something he doesn't like then he should inform the fans.

If an insider has a genuine concern then they should make it known.

Absolutely guaranteed that any of the information coming out via those three options couldn't possibly be looked upon with as much doubt as your posts are.

Hell, if you have a genuine concern and give a shit about the club then you should put it forward a lot more genuinely than you have to date.

Yeah I read his post last night and my first thought was that this was also the guy who predicted that SMiSA weren't supportive of the CIC, just days before they announced they were putting £50,000 into it. :rolleyes:

Picking through it and trying to translate it appears that he now thinks that Tony Fitzpatrick and Kibble have distanced themselves from the CiC, that SMiSA have demanded some sort of control for £50,000 and that stock in the club shop is a bit low. Fair enough - like the rest of the rumours on this site time will tell whether Yul actually has some information or if he's posting a pile of made up bollocks but either way he's not giving out any information that changes my mind about Community Interest Companies, Sports Enterprise Networks or of the massive role they will play in the future in Scottish Football.

Darn it’s good to be back in the saddle.

Yessiree, even though some Saints villagers actually complain about ma Texican language its good to be back in the ol homestead. Can you believe that rancheros, complaining about darn western wurds? Tell you what though pardners, I’d rather use this lingo than some of the downright shockin, not to say un-preacher like language we have seen on this here elektrikal thingamy but specially on the un-ofeeshul outlet. This is bad.

Wash your mouths out. Spit in a Saints spittoon cowpokes. You know who you are.

There are some cowboys who try to take the high ground just at that there far bluff. Funnyslobbers you might say. And bluff seems to be their business too. Shockin, specially as some of the whippersnappers amongst us read this stuff. Stop it and speak proper, remember the young folks.

Meanwhile back at the ranch.

Looks like the story we picked up at SMP was a dandy n all. Seems the hero, the legend, the frontman in all of this here tawdry tale, a gringo who has not been seen or heard from in public since he and the Kibble Kid (remember him?) rode off, seems to have had something of a change of heart. The Stranger is no longer his posse leader. This is sad as he is a genuine Saints legend. Neigh doubt about it though as we heard it almost from the horse’s mouth (we say almost as a talking horse would just be plain ridiculous). Least ways from what we’ve been a hearin he’s a Saint in the shadows trying to keep his screen image intact. Could things be patched up for public consumption? We doubt it.

On set the deck of cards down at the saloon is surely marked. The black and white dice is loaded just as the cic is loaded against Saints future progress. It’s bluff time sure enough, but time is running out.

Word around the stockade is that another big player in this screenplay is slowly changing his position from what it was at rehearsals. This is good. And rumours abound about some of the backers of the cic hoping for a ‘position’ in the big cic picture. This does seem to be correct. This is bad. If the cic was to go ahead everything should be done above board and for the benefit of St Mirren and the supporters (That’s not a fourth board, just a turn of phrase. Lawdy!) Time will tell.

Meantime the Stranger has upset more of the goodies at the big house. This is bad. Spirits are low, a bit like the stock in the club shop.

We followed the drove road east and came back to the township with a point to deposit in the El Banco EsPL. It was a good start and a chance for us who made it to catch up before I head out on the range workwise at sun up.

At least I will make it back for the Aberdeen game. Who knows, the cic may even be Don to death by the time the stage pulls in.

Before I head for the bunkhouse and just to labour the point. The only thing hereabouts running out of steam is the cic itself. That parliclar choo choo should have left the Saints Station long ago.

Quiet isn’t it.

A wild dog howls at the moon.

Yul, not mechanical but thanks for the moniker, and the truly Magnificent Seven.

tbc

You are one very sad individual.

I'm guessing a few people on here know exactly who Yul is?

A fair few people do and I'm amazed that none of them have resisted the urge to let it all known. Heck, I'm amazed I have!

Once again though, his posts are almost impossible to decipher (probably to shield the blame if/when his predictions don't come to fruition), have no references and he continues to hide behind an increasingly tiresome and nonsensical alias.

Just come out, say who you are and lay all your concerns down for them to be weighed up. That we we can see who has the genuine interests of the club and the community of Paisley at heart.

I suspect he hasn't done that as he doesn't to make a song and dance about something that will be exposed as an attempt to derail it when it could turn out to have the best interests of the club and town at its heart. Also, it's easier to spout unfounded pish as an anonymous alias than as a credible (once-credible) person in the community.

Edited by ktf

A fair few people do and I'm amazed that none of them have resisted the urge to let it all known. Heck, I'm amazed I have!

Once again though, his posts are almost impossible to decipher (probably to shield the blame if/when his predictions don't come to fruition), have no references and he continues to hide behind an increasingly tiresome and nonsensical alias.

Just come out, say who you are and lay all your concerns down for them to be weighed up. That we we can see who has the genuine interests of the club and the community of Paisley at heart.

I suspect he hasn't done that as his "employers" through in Embra won't allow him and he is scared to make a song and dance about something that will be exposed as an attempt to derail it when it could turn out to have the best interests of the club and town at its heart. Also, it's easier to spout unfounded pish as an anonymous alias than as a credible (once-credible) person in the community.

Think you have summed it up nicely.

Heard Chick Young on the radio talking about the CIC last night. Really surprised how ill informed he is on this story despite being a fan with a pen. Make a few phone calls and find out what the real story is instead of just making it up on the spot. Very lazy from an experienced hack like him.

He was starting to sound like Michelle.Evans who has made it her goal with this story to stop the cic coming to fruition. Don't quite know why she is so hell bent on doing so, maybe Yul could tell us?

Think you have summed it up nicely.

Heard Chick Young on the radio talking about the CIC last night. Really surprised how ill informed he is on this story despite being a fan with a pen. Make a few phone calls and find out what the real story is instead of just making it up on the spot. Very lazy from an experienced hack like him.

He was starting to sound like Michelle.Evans who has made it her goal with this story to stop the cic coming to fruition. Don't quite know why she is so hell bent on doing so, maybe Yul could tell us?

He most certainly could. Without her the "Mag 6" doesn't look or sound quite as sexy... :ph34r:

The worry about Michelle is that people listen to and read what she has to say, and she is as thick as pig shit. No substance to her 'stories', no referencing, no clear points or statements made and you're left thinking, "what was she trying to say?" In many ways, a bit like Yul... Maybe the have been spending too much time together!

Edited by ktf

The rumour of a member of the consortium being unhappy and thinking of pulling out has been going about for a while. Its not a new thing.

The lack of update on the whole thing makes me think its not happening. However I could be wrong and theres just nothing to say. Something would be nice though.

P.S Somebody just tell us who yul is ffs.

Male MSP then I'm guessing, am I close?

Haha! :lol:

Actually mate, I have no idea... I am guessing as much as you are. I just figured the big emphasis on "riding in from the east" etc in his posts maybe hinted that he worked there.

The real issue for now is why would Yul not just come straight out face-to-face with RA/10000hrs, or, if he does have the clout that you suspect, the papers/radio/tv and make his points clearly and properly? An internet forum is not real life. I am not really called ktf and I don't really act or talk, in real life, the way I do on here. If I want to say daft stuff, provocative stuff or just noise someone up, I'll come on here. I rarely do any of that in real life. Why? Because this is the internet! It isn't real and you can get away with things that aren't real.

When you try to use a stupid (sorry Div) internet forum to affect things in real life, you are onto a loser. Mainly because most people don't take it seriously (because it is the internet!!!) and partly because there are 1001 other people, just like you, who will be ready to jump on you and pull everything you have to say apart.

If Yul is serious about what he has to say and about the negatives of the CiC, then he needs to come right out, make himself known and publicly state his case. Until then, he'll be treated like he ought to be, a stupid internet alias.

Actually mate, I have no idea... I am guessing as much as you are. I just figured the big emphasis on "riding in from the east" etc in his posts maybe hinted that he worked there.

I'll take thst as a yes then, don't pretend you don't know who it is at this late stage. :wink:

Edited by civilsaint

I'll take thst as a yes then. :wink:

:ph34r:

A better line would've been, "don't pretend you do know who it is then get caught out that you really don't when your 'hinting' leads to people to the right or wrong conclusions..." :o

Edited by ktf

The real issue for now is why would Yul not just come straight out face-to-face with RA/10000hrs, or, if he does have the clout that you suspect, the papers/radio/tv and make his points clearly and properly? An internet forum is not real life. I am not really called ktf and I don't really act or talk, in real life, the way I do on here. If I want to say daft stuff, provocative stuff or just noise someone up, I'll come on here. I rarely do any of that in real life. Why? Because this is the internet! It isn't real and you can get away with things that aren't real.

When you try to use a stupid (sorry Div) internet forum to affect things in real life, you are onto a loser. Mainly because most people don't take it seriously (because it is the internet!!!) and partly because there are 1001 other people, just like you, who will be ready to jump on you and pull everything you have to say apart.

If Yul is serious about what he has to say and about the negatives of the CiC, then he needs to come right out, make himself known and publicly state his case. Until then, he'll be treated like he ought to be, a stupid internet alias.

Huv @ Green wan ma man ! GLS maybee ?? Good Guy - Who was Shit on by The Gilmour Dynasty B)

:ph34r:

A better line would've been, "don't pretend you do know who it is then get caught out that you really don't when your 'hinting' leads to people to the right or wrong conclusions..." :o

These Fcking Aliasis are great things - ask Sidney ? :wink: Assumptions and Pressumptions Ah dont Deal with ? Fact unlike Fiction, Goes a long way in This crazy Fcuked World in which we live in ?????

I don't agree with everything/most of what Yul says, but its no different to those using an alias and posting in favour of the CIC. As people keep pointing out, this is what a forum, especially an independent one, is meant to be about.

I don't recall him making slanderous attacks on people in the CIC bid as has been used by other posters on this thread, so why the heaps of abuse ? Just because he holds an opposing view ?

This forum is recognised as being the only public arena to debate the pros/cons of the bid, so its hardly surprising that someone who is against the bid should come on using an alias and start posting. No crime there.

Can't say I get angry when I see his posts - indeed, the cod-Western stylee is quite amusing. I hope he sticks around the forum long enough to post on other topics in this fashion. If not, then he's a goddam varmint and sheep rustler. And a sh*te actor :)

I don't agree with everything/most of what Yul says, but its no different to those using an alias and posting in favour of the CIC. As people keep pointing out, this is what a forum, especially an independent one, is meant to be about.

I don't recall him making slanderous attacks on people in the CIC bid as has been used by other posters on this thread, so why the heaps of abuse ? Just because he holds an opposing view ?

This forum is recognised as being the only public arena to debate the pros/cons of the bid, so its hardly surprising that someone who is against the bid should come on using an alias and start posting. No crime there.

Can't say I get angry when I see his posts - indeed, the cod-Western stylee is quite amusing. I hope he sticks around the forum long enough to post on other topics in this fashion. If not, then he's a goddam varmint and sheep rustler. And a sh*te actor :)

Fras, I try not to get angry about his posts either but I read them, it takes five minutes, then I need to read it again to try and pick out anything of relevance and then having wasted 10 minutes I realise that his biggest concern expressed to date has been that there hasn't been enough club scarves on sale!

I've read "Pro CIC" supporters express their concerns at various aspects of 10000 hours plans. I've said that I believe St Mirren fans are too stupid to make the CIC work in a manner that will help it achieve it's full potential at St Mirren. Fans appear to have been very slow to grasp that in a Social Enterprise the community HAS to come first....not the trading arm - or in this case the football club! I've highlighted simplistic football scenarios that hopefully people could follow and the response showed that my concerns were justified. I've even had one person question my motives asking why I was attempting to put doubt into St Mirren supporters minds if I was so pro CIC!

I read your concerns after you had a chance encounter with someone who put doubts and fears in your mind. I read TsuMirrens concern that St Mirren were probably the wrong club for this because open constructive debate on a St Mirren forum is a f**king nightmare. Even St Sid has expressed his worry that fans aren't getting involved enough right now to make sure the constitution is worded in a way that would keep St Mirren fans happy. All of those concerns, in my opinion, are far bigger issues than the kind of rubbish that Yul keeps alluding too.

Over the last few weeks he's showed his concern by claiming that a consortium member was going to walk away from the deal - that's not happened yet. He claimed SMiSA were going to tell 10000hours to take a hike, days before they announced they were giving 10000hours £50,000. He's now alluding that Tony Fitzpatrick has disappeared when I know that the mechandising was ordered from one of Tony's main contacts. In terms of insider information he seems to be on a par with me and my Kenny Deuchar signs for the Saints story on P&B :rolleyes: And yet in all this he hasn't raised a single concern about the business model, about why CiC's don't work, or even about why Richard Atkinson might be the wrong man to lead this.

If he is a politician he must be a damned poor one because the UK government and the Scottish government are determined that the way forward for sports clubs and charities is for them to become CIC's and to become more self sustaining and far less dependent on government grants. Surely a decent politician would be standing up in parliament expressing his objection - especially since so many charities and sports clubs are spending a great deal of time preparing to become Social Enterprises themselves. The same can just as easily be applied to Michelle Evans. I've met her and spoke to her in the past and I liked her. She seemed personable, affable even and I found myself talking more than I should have done which is the mark of a decent journalist. Thing is she's failing here. If there is a flaw in the CIC model it's something she should have got her teeth into and it's something she should have been reporting.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

He most certainly could. Without her the "Mag 6" doesn't look or sound quite as sexy... :ph34r:

The worry about Michelle is that people listen to and read what she has to say, and she is as thick as pig shit. No substance to her 'stories', no referencing, no clear points or statements made and you're left thinking, "what was she trying to say?" In many ways, a bit like Yul... Maybe the have been spending too much time together!

The strange thing about the Michelle Evans carry on is she was given the gig of compering at the clubs Player of the Year Dinner. :unsure:

The strange thing about the Michelle Evans carry on is she was given the gig of compering at the clubs Player of the Year Dinner. :unsure:

I did wonder at that too David...

Maybe the needed a bit of tottie who could talk in public too...? I vote for Carol Vorderman for next year!!!

What an odd post. You don't remember him making slanderous attacks on people - you have a very odd take on what slander is? :blink:

1. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander. 2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name. :)

Heaps of abuse - where is the abuse...posters are simply pointing out that the Yul alias has posted a lot of unfounded shite that has failed to come to fruition. His posts are now getting even more vague as he appears to be losing confidence in the shite he is being fed. :)

Debate the pros / cons of the CIC proposal - yes. Make up a lot of nonsense to try and derail the CIC and you are hardly going to be well received on a St Mirren site.

The alias is as shite as the jobby it posts. :)

As for it all being harmless as it is on an unofficial site. I think that is true to an extent; however let's not forget that it is backed by an offline campaign spreading similar bile such as the strips not being available at the club shop and the similar bollox about the shirt printing not being available. Why any St Mirren supporter would want to try and damage club business is beyond belief.

Like I said in other threads, the time for this nonsense if there ever was one has past. It is now time to accept that the majority of supporters want the CIC to happen, be successful and for St Mirren to thrive as a result. Everyone should get on board. If they have genuine concerns then it should be discussed and St Mirren and the CIC should have the chance to address / resolve the concern. This idea of still being against the CIC is a ridiculous position and you would have to question the St Mirren supporting credentials of anyone rallying against the CIC AND St Mirren. :)

It might be considerably longer than most but this 10000 Hours thread is no basically different to most that appear on this forum - a slagfest between aliases and off-topic posts that take the debate off at a tangent. Too much slabbering and not enough information.

After months of debate I still don't know whether I want the deal to succeed or fail. In essence the only thing that really matters to me, whatever people think about the pros & cons of the CIC, is whether or not it is ever going to happen. Delay follows delay follows delay. This deal was supposed to have been completed donkeys ago but still it hasn't happened. So what's the problem ? Is it just down to raising enough money to do the deal, in which case the strong implication would be that the CIC doesn't have the necessary support from the community and the hardcore St Mirren supporters ? If that is true then RA should just piss off and look elsewhere rather than continue to waste everybody's time. Or is there another reason rather than/as well as the lack of financial backing ?

The members of the selling consortium probably regret ever listening to RA. Their payday must seem as far away as it ever did. The supporters want to know about the future direction of St Mirren FC and this shambles needs to be resolved soon.

Like I said in other threads, the time for this nonsense if there ever was one has past.

Your opinion only.

It is now time to accept that the majority of supporters want the CIC to happen, be successful and for St Mirren to thrive as a result.

Your opinion only. Majority means more than half - how do you know?

Everyone should get on board.

Why? to pay off someone elses debt? to benefit the community?

If they have genuine concerns then it should be discussed and St Mirren and the CIC should have the chance to address / resolve the concern. This idea of still being against the CIC is a ridiculous position and you would have to question the St Mirren supporting credentials of anyone rallying against the CIC AND St Mirren.

Bollocks

:)

I'll bite...