The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

Oh and if I go into overdraft at the bank it's still a debt even if it's authorised.

As I said above, the club doesn't have an overdraft. :1eye

If you are in business, you buy things, you get sent an invoice, you pay the bill. That's normal practice. When you come to do the Report & Accounts, you tally up all the invoices still to be paid at that particular point in time and they go in the accounts as "trade creditors". If you did the accounts 6 months later you'd probably have a similar figure for "trade creditors" but it would be for differebt invoices.

That is very, very different from the long term debts and laons the club had before and which you were implying the club still had. As I said, your grasp of simple finances knows no bounds. :1eye

Does anyone know what affiliation the company Douglas Street Limited have to St Mirren

The company is listed with companies house as formed in April 2010 with the following as named Directors in December 2010

Laurie Marie Montgomery

Scott McLennan

Bryan McAusland

Allan Marshall

George Campbell

Stewart Gilmour

Richard Atkinson

Christopher Stewart

Does anyone know what affiliation the company Douglas Street Limited have to St Mirren

The company is listed with companies house as formed in April 2010 with the following as named Directors in December 2010

Laurie Marie Montgomery

Scott McLennan

Bryan McAusland

Allan Marshall

George Campbell

Stewart Gilmour

Richard Atkinson

Christopher Stewart

Interesting one and no idea...Douglas Street is the one that runs parallel to King Street. There is some land available there for development though. :)

Interesting one and no idea...Douglas Street is the one that runs parallel to King Street. There is some land available there for development though. :)

Probably named after its registered office 109 Douglas Street Glasgow more like.

The only land that is available in Douglas Street is the old Albany Hotel. Don’t think that’s why they have formed the company unless they are planning on building 2 hotels

Laurie Marie Montgomery

Scott McLennan

Bryan McAusland

Allan Marshall

George Campbell

Stewart Gilmour

Richard Atkinson

Christopher Stewart

Captain Silent ? I thought you knew everything? :lol:

Probably named after its registered office 109 Douglas Street Glasgow more like.

The only land that is available in Douglas Street is the old Albany Hotel. Don't think that's why they have formed the company unless they are planning on building 2 hotels

Maybe building a new church.

As I said above, the club doesn't have an overdraft. :1eye

If you are in business, you buy things, you get sent an invoice, you pay the bill. That's normal practice. When you come to do the Report & Accounts, you tally up all the invoices still to be paid at that particular point in time and they go in the accounts as "trade creditors". If you did the accounts 6 months later you'd probably have a similar figure for "trade creditors" but it would be for differebt invoices.

That is very, very different from the long term debts and laons the club had before and which you were implying the club still had. As I said, your grasp of simple finances knows no bounds. :1eye

You claimed the club had no debt. Then you said the club had debts of £200k approx. Now you are saying the club owed trade creditors. It doesn't matter how you put it your initial statement was wrong. The fact is the clubs annual accounts showed the club was in debt. :rolleyes:

You claimed the club had no debt. Then you said the club had debts of £200k approx. Now you are saying the club owed trade creditors. It doesn't matter how you put it your initial statement was wrong. The fact is the clubs annual accounts showed the club was in debt. :rolleyes:

Wish there was a shaking yer heid at somebody getting sucked into a pointless debate emoticon. :rolleyes:

The middle ground here is that the "debt" revelation previously and bizarrely mooted as kill the CIC point is a complete red herring. Debt - yes...evidence of financial mismanagement by a CIC that doesn't even exist yet - absolutely not.....evidence of financial mismanagement by the current BoD - absolutely not........evidence that the anti_CIC crusade has been a disgrace - yes indeedy. :)

Wish there was a shaking yer heid at somebody getting sucked into a pointless debate emoticon. :rolleyes:

The middle ground here is that the "debt" revelation previously and bizarrely mooted as kill the CIC point is a complete red herring. Debt - yes...evidence of financial mismanagement by a CIC that doesn't even exist yet - absolutely not.....evidence of financial mismanagement by the current BoD - absolutely not........evidence that the anti_CIC crusade has been a disgrace - yes indeedy. :)

Aye well I know I was being pedantic but claiming "no debt" or "debt free" when you use credit and HP to pay your bills is a pretty fanciful claim.

Aye well I know I was being pedantic but claiming "no debt" or "debt free" when you use credit and HP to pay your bills is a pretty fanciful claim.

Thinking that business would not use purchase order / invoicing systems is a wee bit silly Stu...HP. :rolleyes:

It DOES matter how I put it.

You've been caught talking absolute shite as usual. That is the point.

:1eye

Edited by The Silent Majority

It was you who said the club was debt free and then in the next post said they had debts of £200k. :rolleyes:

It was you who said the club had debts of £800k+. It was you who doesn't understand the difference between debt and how the invoice system works. :1eye

Like Sid says its a pointless debate but you started it.

It was you who started it when you claimed the current BoD didn't have a winning strategy.

You're now say its pointless because I've shown you were talking utter nonsense yet again. You're noe saying its pointless because I've shown you up for not understanding simple business finances.

Every single post you make - now that's pointless. :1eye

Clueless!

Guest somner9

It was you who said the club had debts of £800k+. It was you who doesn't understand the difference between debt and how the invoice system works. :1eye

It was you who started it when you claimed the current BoD didn't have a winning strategy.

You're now say its pointless because I've shown you were talking utter nonsense yet again. You're noe saying its pointless because I've shown you up for not understanding simple business finances.

Every single post you make - now that's pointless. :1eye

Clueless!

Is there a game show format in all this I ask myself? "Hmm Clueless, Pointless...."