Church at SMP

You don't need to apologise Drew it is a debate.

Personally all I am seeing is holes being picked. If the Orange Order were coming in I would see the point.

If one set of Christians don't mind putting a condom on while the other set of Christians don't like putting a condom on then shall we condom those that do or don't. Maybe we can have two function rooms for those who support the use of condoms and a separate room for those who are against the use of condoms

Religion is a can of worms and if it is to be a issue I for one will not be joining any CIC group. That's what I mean be Saints fans turning what could be good for the club into some sort of religious old firm nonsense

Protection or not , hmm , holes being picked now, bareback riding in a can of worms can be dangerous personally I'd not condemn anyone just cos they want to try , I mean when you've gotta go and all that dry.gif

On topic, its all about the dosh, get it in, we'll worry about the morality of it all later..................

Can you tell that I feel offended? Can you understand why? Or are you still so caught up in your plastic Paddy-ness that you refuse to countenance why someone else could take offence?

Just because you dislike my outspoken-ness about organised religion, really doesn't licence you to to make things up. I have never been a Muslim-basher... then again, you've never been a paragon of virtue or truth.

Not really, but I can sense your shame. :P

For clarification....(and 'cos I know it is getting right up you :D ).....St Mirren is not an anti-religion club, it is a religion neutral club. There is no requirement for a St Mirren supporter to develop an irrational sectarian hatred towards any individual religion or all religion. Individuals that support St Mirren can obviously believe or not believe what they like, or in your case choose mindless hatred over open-minded understanding and brotherlyness. :P

It seems some people see St Mirren as some sort of elitist organisation and have no desire to see the fan base rise. It's pretty sad the there is such a high level of intolerance within our support. Hardly a good foundation for a community club :(

What nonsense.

Religion is a private matter for each individual and not something I wish to see my football club associated with.

Would an athiest society be welcome at St Mirren park? Probably not.

It is religion that breeds intolerance, high school level history even teaches that.

As I said...nonsense!

Not got a clue Hambud, but I hope its nothing like the Green/Red Dot system in here...they'd never decide on anything! :)

Don't know about that. I'd decided to give you a red dot, then realised I'd used my last one, so decided, instead, to give you a green one. That's two decisions for starters :)

Would an athiest society be welcome at St Mirren park? Probably not.

It is religion that breeds intolerance, high school level history even teaches that.

Your school told you to be intolerant of athiest societies - I must have missed that class. :P

Why not?

Have you read this thread? Thye amount of people jumping to the defence of a religious organisation astounds me.

Anyway will this group of worshippers be paying the £10k to join the CIC or are they getting a freebie?

Will they use the affiliation with St Mirren FC to promote themselves in the eyes of the young thus assisting them in indoctrinating the young into there bizarre ways?

In a modern society should we really accept religion at face value when the creationism story has been completely and utterly disproved by Darwinism?

Is religion really a force for good or a force for evil bearing in mind how it stands in the way of science and tries to undermine our understanding of the real origins of life?

Is a football forum really the place to have such a debate?

If not then does that indicate that a football club is not the place for a religious organisation at all?

Is it fair to expose children to these religious zealots?

Will these zealots issue the Supra's with free tambourines as a thank you?

What about a triangle then?

Or a guitar?

Is this the beginings of a cult?

Could we have bible readings over the tannoy system prior to kick off?

Are you aware of the story of the Sodomites?

Is this really an acceptable way to treat woman in a modern society?

Exactly who at the club is pushing this drive toward organised religion at our football club?

Were the Crusade's really wrong?

What about the second Crusade then?

And the third?

Should we have another Crusade, maybe an oil crusade?

Who is the better fighter, Moses or Jesus?

Have you read this thread? Thye amount of people jumping to the defence of a religious organisation astounds me.

Anyway will this group of worshippers be paying the £10k to join the CIC or are they getting a freebie?

Will they use the affiliation with St Mirren FC to promote themselves in the eyes of the young thus assisting them in indoctrinating the young into there bizarre ways?

In a modern society should we really accept religion at face value when the creationism story has been completely and utterly disproved by Darwinism?

Is religion really a force for good or a force for evil bearing in mind how it stands in the way of science and tries to undermine our understanding of the real origins of life?

If not then does that indicate that a football club is not the place for a religious organisation at all?

Or a guitar?

Exactly who at the club is pushing this drive toward organised religion at our football club?

And the third?

All that irrelevant tripe and yet you Still didn't answer my question.

Or a guitar?

And the third?

I think the answer to each and every one of the above questions is "who cares?"

If anyone wants to use the stadium when there's no match on they'll pay for it and generate money for the club. You don't have to be associated with it and neither do the club.

You don't subscribe to the beliefs and values of the Scouts, would you have a problem with them using a room at SMP?

Guest TPAFKATS

My original point was that you and some others were getting into a flap about objections to a notional church meeting at our ground, when there hadnt been any.

Since then the discussion on the topic has veered to the usual scottish proddytim pish

Maybe you would like to enlighten me as to where I am so wrong :rolleyes:

All that irrelevant tripe and yet you Still didn't answer my question.

Explain the irony....... :lol:

:)

Or a guitar?

And the third?

You obviously have a well informed and balanced view of religion. Have quite a few influential scientists over the last few centuries not been 'religious' and yet able to help further a scientific understanding of the world? Could it be that religious people have different views of creation / the origin of the universe just as scientists also do? Some atheistic scientists reject Darwinism as being 'bad science' in their opinion. Exactly why do you think that possibly letting a local congregation have a weekly hire at the football ground = someone at the club is "pushing this drive towards organised religion at our football club"?, If the let goes ahead I am sure the congregation in question will get as much backing from St Mirren in terms of an organised push as the RAC did when they held a conference at the ground.

You will be alarmed to learn that there was already a conference about prayer held at St Mirren Park last month and will have no doubt been aware of all the resulting Bible-bashing at the matches ever since.

If St Mirren are happy to let the facilities for a weekly hire, why does that have to amount to any group taking a weekly hire having to buy into the CiC as a business partner paying £10k per year?

Or a guitar?

And the third?

I'd rather have the stand filled by churchgoers on a Sunday morning than a bunch of boring, bitter atheist dullards like you.

Our club is named after a Christian saint. You must have a small brain haemorrhage every time you mention his name.

Maybe you should go to the church under the stand when it starts up. It might make you a decent person. <_<

I'd rather have the stand filled by churchgoers on a Sunday morning than a bunch of boring, bitter atheist dullards like you.

Our club is named after a Christian saint. You must have a small brain haemorrhage every time you mention his name.

Maybe you should go to the church under the stand when it starts up. It might make you a decent person. <_<

Well said that Man. I'll give you a Green Dot when I get 'em back. :ph34r:

Edited by Tracy Barlow Loyal

I just want to see our stands filled every week, no matter if people are church types, atheists, gay skydivers, or the Muslim Carpet Bowls Club. I'd love to see how Phil Clark would announce a genuine sell-out... "Today's match attendance is, erm, eh, oh shit, 4,756...buzz....crackle.....silence."

Any atheists coming along to our ground will soon be converted anyway. After 90 minutes of hearing 'Jesus Christ Potter!' I'm halfway to believing myself.

I just want to see our stands filled every week, no matter if people are church types, atheists, gay skydivers, or the Muslim Carpet Bowls Club. I'd love to see how Phil Clark would announce a genuine sell-out... "Today's match attendance is, erm, eh, oh shit, 4,756...buzz....crackle.....silence."

Any atheists coming along to our ground will soon be converted anyway. After 90 minutes of hearing 'Jesus Christ Potter!' I'm halfway to believing myself.

:P

If the club is going down the community club route then we might as well get used to various groups of folk using the place. I don't have a problem with that and neither should anyone else.

If JimDick wants to set up his own wee group of like minded individuals to gripe about stuff and he wants to use the space in the stand to do it ,then fine. The more the place gets used by folk from the town, the better.

:P

If the club is going down the community club route then we might as well get used to various groups of folk using the place. I don't have a problem with that and neither should anyone else.

If JimDick wants to set up his own wee group of like minded individuals to gripe about stuff and he wants to use the space in the stand to do it ,then fine. The more the place gets used by folk from the town, the better.

I think it would be brilliant if the club could hire out a room at the ground to a group of fans concerned about who rooms at the ground were hired out to - or maybe that's just my warped sense of humour as a well-meaning villager.