10000 Hours Q&A Thread

davidg

Have another question or two…

Q. As far as I understand the CIC will ensure that the club will not overspend its budget (seems very sensible to me). But what will prevent the CIC members changing this?

Q. Once the board of the club have been elected from the CIC membership, how will the CIC control how they vote? I assume that the membership will not be consulted on every decision that the club board takes?

Edited by ds10

For 10000hours to ansewer only please:

On Matchdays, will the CIC Members Bar profits go to the CIC, St.Mirren FC, or a percentage to each?

Here is the senario.

On Matchdays, as it is the 10000hours organisation that will have made the fit out of the void into a bar possible it will be 10000hours that gets the profits.

On non matchdays if the club puts on an event that uses the facility, then the club gets the profit.

and if both the CIC and the club put on an event together that somehow uses the facility then there would be a %age split.

10000hours CIC

My question previously concerning the supporters bar appears to have been overlooked,

Will access to the supporters bar be allowed for shareholders too?

many thanks.

It is a members bar brought into existence becuase of the work of the 10000hours CIC membership so you will have to be a 10000hours member to use it.

It would of course be within the power of the members at a later date to change the entry criteria if they wished.

10000hours CIC

Have another question or two…

Q. As far as I understand the CIC will ensure that the club will not overspend its budget (seems very sensible to me). But what will prevent the CIC members changing this?

Q. Once the board of the club have been elected from the CIC membership, how will the CIC control how they vote? I assume that the membership will not be consulted on every decision that the club board takes?

In order to bets answer this could we first ask if you attedend any of the meetings and therefore so the diagram of the corporate structure?

10000hours CIC

Here is the senario.

On Matchdays, as it is the 10000hours organisation that will have made the fit out of the void into a bar possible it will be 10000hours that gets the profits.

On non matchdays if the club puts on an event that uses the facility, then the club gets the profit.

and if both the CIC and the club put on an event together that somehow uses the facility then there would be a %age split.

10000hours CIC

Is that an event held by a CIC corporate/community member at the club?

And a wee while back you said this in response to a similar question from me:

Any revenue that the CIC earns at the total expense of the CIC the CIC keeps e.g the CIC runs the CIC members bar (that it pays to fit out, staff, etc etc) the CIC gets the revenue

So why in certain cases does the club now seem to get the revenue?

As much as i am in favour of the cic and as a pledged member i have a concern. If the numbers keep rising as i'm sure they will, how will we all gain accesss to the supporters bar as i'm led to believe it can hold 600 standing, 400 theartre mode and 300 seated. Given that not all will use this facility but members can sign in 1 person i can invisage over 600 wishing access. Also if you wish to addd £15 onto STH in the future how do 2500 people get in?

Here is the senario.

10000hours CIC

Is a match not something that the club are holding? Why are matches different from events?

Here is the senario.

That's pretty poor to be honest.

Who will be staffing the matchday bar?

The Kibble?

EDTA - I haven't been to any of the meetings due to work.

Edited by davidg

Here is the senario.

10000hours CIC

Got to say as somebody who has pledged to take out membership that concerns me a little. Firstly because it was cited as one of the ways the CIC would increase the playing budget by 20% and secondly because the actual building of the space was paid for by St Mirren who also own it. Does this mean the CIC will be paying the club rent and if not how is this justified?

Edited by KennyW

Got to say as somebody who has pledged to take out membership that concerns me a little. Firstly because it was cited as one of the ways the CIC would increase the playing budget by 20% and secondly because the actual building of the space was paid for by St Mirren who also own it. Does this mean the CIC will be paying the club rent and if not how is this justified?

The revenue from the use of the Bar on macthdays was not one of the ways that the CIC would increase the budget.

Firstly the CIC and the Club are financially separate.

The example which led to part of the 20% which was given at the presentation was that the Club increasing use of the Club facilities (eg the current corporate area fully used) by 52 uses per year so one more event per week would contribute to at least 7.5% of an increase in the current SPL budget.

Your second point is correct and yes after amortization of the fit out the CIC would indeed end up paying a rental to the club for the space, thus earning the club even more money. This is very similar to the way that most landlords would deal with tennants where the tennant does the fit out but the landlord gets the apprecaition of his basic assest due to the fit out.

10000hours CIC

That's pretty poor to be honest.

Who will be staffing the matchday bar?

The Kibble?

EDTA - I haven't been to any of the meetings due to work.

The budget for the Bar involves the employment of fully qualified bar staff and not volunteers or trainees.

A number of the 10000hours team have experience in the area of ownership and operation of this kind of facility.

10000hours CIC

The revenue from the use of the Bar on macthdays was not one of the ways that the CIC would increase the budget.

Firstly the CIC and the Club are financially separate.

The example which led to part of the 20% which was given at the presentation was that the Club increasing use of the Club facilities (eg the current corporate area fully used) by 52 uses per year so one more event per week would contribute to at least 7.5% of an increase in the current SPL budget.

Your second point is correct and yes after amortization of the fit out the CIC would indeed end up paying a rental to the club for the space, thus earning the club even more money. This is very similar to the way that most landlords would deal with tennants where the tennant does the fit out but the landlord gets the apprecaition of his basic assest due to the fit out.

10000hours CIC

Perfectly happy with that. Thanks for the clarification.

Some questions.

Is it true that the church group have pulled out?

Is it true that the selling consortium must take up the £10k membership for 1 year and they have no intention of renewing this membership?

Is it true that the Kibble have been refused the funding to build the 'Members Bar' in the Main Stand?

Is it true Richard has not put a 6 figure sum into St Mirren as many have stated?

Is it true that the CIC have now missed 4 deadlines to complete the deal?

Is there any chance of this going through?

Some questions.

I can have a go at answering some of these...

Is it true that the church group have pulled out?

No. They had a planned three week trial. The decision is now to be made over the summer by their leadership team and congregation. My understanding is that it is just a formality though as it was a very successful trial.

Is it true that the selling consortium must take up the £10k membership for 1 year and they have no intention of renewing this membership?

Is it true that the Kibble have been refused the funding to build the 'Members Bar' in the Main Stand?

Someone else can maybe shed some light on these, but none of these points are in line with what I have heard.

Is it true Richard has not put a 6 figure sum into St Mirren as many have stated?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm also not sure what the purpose in this question is. The whole point is that it is a community buy out, not an individual one. If he had put that figure in, you'd be moaning that he has a controlling interest and would want something back. Make a decision on what you think and stick to it.

Is it true that the CIC have now missed 4 deadlines to complete the deal?

It depends what you mean by "deadline". My understanding is that the CIC guys themselves put some dates on when they hoped the process would complete. Due to funders requiring viability reports, due diligence etc and due to other factors like Scottish Government elections, the process has dragged on longer than anticipated. Truthfully though, the actual "deadline" is much further away that you would think.

Is there any chance of this going through?

99.5% likely that it will on the current plan. 99.99% that it will if using a tweaked plan.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by ktf