10000 Hours Q&A Thread

davidg

Was thinking the same Mr Zoo an up-date on where things are would be welcome

Edit to add

Most contact with CIC is through computer. However I know a few Saints fans also who have computers but don't bother with Saints forums. These same people don't get the PDE ether so fore sure there is scope to get more onboard.

Edited by The Mad Monk

How many completed DD's have been returned?

Will take over be completes for start of season?

If not will the cic be going all out in the home games to drum up more interest from the fans via hand outs etc?

I have a few friends who are ardent saints fans but haven't done anything with regards to the cic so there is def scope for getting these guys signed up to this. I am sure many posters on here also have similar stories to tell.

Been 3 weeks since I last heard any kind of update or looked on this thread as too many petty squabbles to bother reading through it all.

Agree strongly 10000hrs need to post an update.

Pretty much in the hands of the social funds now I would think. The final presentations went well and it was then down to the internal meetings at the social funders. A wee update would be good though...even if it just to say that we are still waiting for the decision from the last remaining funders. :)

Pretty much in the hands of the social funds now I would think. The final presentations went well and it was then down to the internal meetings at the social funders. A wee update would be good though...even if it just to say that we are still waiting for the decision from the last remaining funders. :)

Strongly Agree

Just in case you don't come into the forum via the home page there is an update on 10000 hrs progress.

It has been a while (6th June) since we provided an update to all of you with regards to 10000hours.

There has been a massive amount of activity in the background over the last few weeks but we thought it would be better waiting until we actually had something new to tell you before we filled up your in boxes again.

As you know, from the last email we sent, we were waiting for a couple of funding panels to meet to decide what level of funding we might receive from them.

We are happy to report that this morning we received the thumbs up from one of the funding panels that we had been waiting on.

This now brings us to the 2/3rds point on the 10000hours funding proposal.

We hope that the other funding panel referred to in our e-mail of the 6th of June will meet shortly and then we hope to bring further good news.

However we still need anyone who has pledged but not yet returned a completed direct debit form to please do so.

It is important that as we, hopefully, get closer to being able to conclude the deal that we have as many of the Direct Debits as possible ready to go.

So please if you have pledged go to http://www.10000hours.org/downloads

and download and complete the Direct Debit and members form and post or hand back into the Club reception.

Thanks again for your support of 10000hours.

Richard Atkinson

On behalf of 10000hours

The numbers have also been updated, since I last looked:

General Members - 772; Community - 23; Corporate - 10. According to the back of my fag packet that's over £200K per year. :)

A question please for 10000hrs

If the CIC goes through is it true that the club would get a 80% relief on business rates because it will then be seen as a community-interest

company.

And if so how would that money that the club has saved be spent

1. Put back into the club as it is the clubs asset that the relief will come from

2. Or will it be used to pay off the loans for the CIC

Thanks

A question please for 10000hrs

If the CIC goes through is it true that the club would get a 80% relief on business rates because it will then be seen as a community-interest

company.

And if so how would that money that the club has saved be spent

1. Put back into the club as it is the clubs asset that the relief will come from

2. Or will it be used to pay off the loans for the CIC

Thanks

I dont think the club would benefit in this way as the club remains a public company - the CiC is a separate business.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading a post on another thread, I wondered about something.

If the CIC goes through and in 2-3 years time is quite successful for the football club - increases revenue, increases crowds, increases the profile of the club - and a genuine consortium/ rich guy (ala largs lotto guy) decides to buy the majority shareholding from the CIC with a genuinely good offer, ie 3-4m, what would the CIC do?

If they accept, they would make enough to pay the debt and have some left over to build their own custom facility. But they could end up leaving st. Mirren in the lurch and un-doing all their good work if the new buyers are clueless and totally mis-manage the club and we become another livvy.

Or would they reject any offers at all and continue doing their good work at st. Mirren?

Or would the terms of any social enterprise loan mean that the CIC would be unable to make a profit on the assets (the majority shareholding) and so would be better off continuing at st.Mirren anyway?

Just a thought.

No thank you 10000Hours

I have taken a great deal of time to arrive at my decision NOT to help RA dominate the future of Saint Mirren Football club.

Let me get straight to the point- It's all about Experience and Leadership and RA has demonstrated that he has neither within the context of footbal. My enquiries have suggested that RA is only interested in what the vacant resources at Saint Mirren can bring him and this includes the development of the new bar that will alledgedly be manged by his brother.

I am disappointed in the way RA has been allowed to make changes that only he declares to be acceptable, without any discussion with us; the supporters. When I attended the Morton game I was shocked to see what was being sold off as a Match day Program !!! A flimsy pocket sized piece of nonesence that must have lost revenue due to the lack of advertisers. What was he thinking about? Why did he scrap the A5 programe? this is just one exapmle of lack of experience and leadership; how can RA possibly be commited to our football club? And the new shop, Walter Mitty could have done a better job.

A common thread has emerged that suggests RA is not a very good listener and prefers to dominate discussions and it is with this in mind that I understand why he prefers to show his business plan on a one to one basis. Is he affraid to show us exactly what's in store for our club? I asked my friends why they think RA did not meet with the current business sponsors to show them his business plan and the same answer came back time after time...business owners want to see the full picture before getting involved and would ask too many questions.

If the cic falls apart the only loosers will be the fans and Tony, RA can walk away at any time.

After reading a post on another thread, I wondered about something.

If the CIC goes through and in 2-3 years time is quite successful for the football club - increases revenue, increases crowds, increases the profile of the club - and a genuine consortium/ rich guy (ala largs lotto guy) decides to buy the majority shareholding from the CIC with a genuinely good offer, ie 3-4m, what would the CIC do?

If they accept, they would make enough to pay the debt and have some left over to build their own custom facility. But they could end up leaving st. Mirren in the lurch and un-doing all their good work if the new buyers are clueless and totally mis-manage the club and we become another livvy.

Or would they reject any offers at all and continue doing their good work at st. Mirren?

Or would the terms of any social enterprise loan mean that the CIC would be unable to make a profit on the assets (the majority shareholding) and so would be better off continuing at st.Mirren anyway?

Just a thought.

The CIC could in theory sell the shares to another party should an offer be accepted. The money made would as you suggest have to remain within the CIC, but as you rightly point out we would/could be in danger of undoing everything if the new buyers were considered likley to mis-manage their purchase.

The fairest decision would be to let the members decide between the options

10000hours CIC

No thank you 10000Hours

I have taken a great deal of time to arrive at my decision NOT to help RA dominate the future of Saint Mirren Football club.

Let me get straight to the point- It's all about Experience and Leadership and RA has demonstrated that he has neither within the context of footbal. My enquiries have suggested that RA is only interested in what the vacant resources at Saint Mirren can bring him and this includes the development of the new bar that will alledgedly be manged by his brother.

I am disappointed in the way RA has been allowed to make changes that only he declares to be acceptable, without any discussion with us; the supporters. When I attended the Morton game I was shocked to see what was being sold off as a Match day Program !!! A flimsy pocket sized piece of nonesence that must have lost revenue due to the lack of advertisers. What was he thinking about? Why did he scrap the A5 programe? this is just one exapmle of lack of experience and leadership; how can RA possibly be commited to our football club? And the new shop, Walter Mitty could have done a better job.

A common thread has emerged that suggests RA is not a very good listener and prefers to dominate discussions and it is with this in mind that I understand why he prefers to show his business plan on a one to one basis. Is he affraid to show us exactly what's in store for our club? I asked my friends why they think RA did not meet with the current business sponsors to show them his business plan and the same answer came back time after time...business owners want to see the full picture before getting involved and would ask too many questions.

If the cic falls apart the only loosers will be the fans and Tony, RA can walk away at any time.

Is there a question in there somewhere? :rolleyes: I see a few question marks, but by the tone of the email I am guessing they are rhetorical. :lol:

To help, I do think there is a good question in there; however it probably isn't for 10,000hrs and is more for the current BoD. No harm in asking it though:

What are the plans moving forward for the match day programme? In the pocketsized version for the Renfrewshire Cup I think there was only one advertiser KayFoam? Pretty sure that we were advertising the shirt sponsorship with an inclusion in the match day programme?

The loss of advertising revenue did cross my mind when I saw the new programme.

You're other sleverings have already been dealt with in a previous rant from you though. :P

I'm sure it is total coincidence that saintsfan has a total of 10 posts on B&W Amy, 10 posts in the 10000Hours forum, 10 negative posts, 10 posts directly relating to RA's management.

I'm sure that saintsfan is a real St Mirren fan and doesn't have a commercial or otherwise interest. :ph34r:

Maybe he is genuine, but it certainly comes across as a bit fishy that he has no other interest in St Mirren related issues.

I'm sure it is total coincidence that saintsfan has a total of 10 posts on B&W Amy, 10 posts in the 10000Hours forum, 10 negative posts, 10 posts directly relating to RA's management.

I'm sure that saintsfan is a real St Mirren fan and doesn't have a commercial or otherwise interest. :ph34r:

Maybe he is genuine, but it certainly comes across as a bit fishy that he has no other interest in St Mirren related issues.

The point about the advertisers in the programme is a good question though. Just a shame it was lost in amongst the usual bile. :)

The point about the advertisers in the programme is a good question though. Just a shame it was lost in amongst the usual bile. :)

The only thing that would be good to question is why - in the present - there is any point to having a programme, at all!

All it can list will be the squad cos the manager will still be making up his mind up till k.o. and not setting it out in advance for the opposition to mull over. So, once you have the squad list in Programme No 1, that's you set for the season.

But you probably already know what the squad is...

Is anyBuddie desperately interested in wee snippets about the opposition?

If they are then they probably know all there is need to know from the www.

You get more and fresher info from websites like this (thanks to folk in the know - like billyg). There will be more and better images, too.

Programmes served a limited function decades ago. The world has moved on.

Only collector geeks need programmes.

And who would be the advertiser who sees them as a market worth reaching out to...?

Edited by bluto

The only thing that would be good to question is why - in the present - there is any point to having a programme, at all!

All it can list will be the squad cos the manager will still be making up his mind up till k.o. and not setting it out in advance for the opposition to mull over. So, once you have the squad list in Programme No 1, that's you set for the season.

But you probably already know what the squad is...

Is anyBuddie desperately interested in wee snippets about the opposition?

If they are then they probably know all there is need to know from the www.

You get more and fresher info from websites like this (thanks to folk in the know - like billyg). There will be more and better images, too.

Programmes served a limited function decades ago. The world has moved on.

Only collector geeks need programmes.

And who would be the advertiser who sees them as a market worth reaching out to...?

Tend to agree with the above. I actually thought the pocketsized programme was a good compromise. However, your blah, blah..doesn't answer the question about the advertising revenues. Only really paid attention to the pricing for the player shirt sponsorship - think it was about £300. home and away x 20 = £12K and that was just a couple of pages in the programme. It's not really a question for 10,000hrs but an interesting point in itself. :)

I think the solution lies in making the match programme much smaller, carry much less content, and giving it away for free with your match admission fee. Sponsors and businesses want to advertise to as many people as possible so increasing the circulation numbers would keep them happy, and at the other end fans wouldn't be left bemoaning how dull the articles are, or how big a waste of money it has all become. Newspapers and magazines are already moving more and more down this route. The Metro probably finds it's way into everyone's workplace these days and Free Zines have become so popular they were featured as a task on the recent Apprentice programme.

Back in the late 70's Queens Park used to do something similar. You would be handed a free six page match programme as you paid your admission which would have an article from the manager, the squad lines with boxes so you could write in players numbers for the picked players as they were read out over the tannoy, the days fixtures, and a pile of adverts. I think I've still got a box of them somewhere.

I have to say it's not the internets fault, it's the death of the transfer market killed match programmes. Beyond August and January who gives a shite about the bland clichéd pish that your average football manager publishes as his programme notes. Everything is sanitised so as not to offend opponents and the SFA and if you happen to be really unfortunate your clubs programme will be edited by someone so self absorbed they'll shoehorn some right wanky pish into any article just to make their lives seem relevant....something that I think St Mirren have suffered from in the not too distant past with some of it's official publications.

Match programmes becoming irrelevant isn't just a St Mirren issue though. On recent visits to Eastlands and to the Stadium of Light my son bought a programme so he could collect autographs on it. He's got the autographs of some of the top players in the world on these things but if you actually read the articles those books might be large publications but the articles are the same dull material that you get the world over.