whats happening to free speech/debate here

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

at the risk of seeming paranoid it appears (or rather disappears) that posts i have put up debating the merits of the 10000 hours proposal are disappearing?

have i stepped on holy ground?

are the points/questions a wee bit too uncomfortable?

all seems a bit mysterious

at the risk of seeming paranoid it appears (or rather disappears) that posts i have put up debating the merits of the 10000 hours proposal are disappearing?

I noticed one disappearing, but it was stated that forum wasn't for debate and you were commenting on a question being missed.

Entirely the opposite actually, Im really keen for the forum to encourage debate on the CIC project.

I assume one of the instances you are refering to is your post in the Q&A thread which read,

whoops i think your questions got bodyswerved

But then again, it's not a surprise it was deleted considering the Q&A thread states,

Please keep the all club buy out and 10000 hours discussion to The original thread here.

Feel free to ask direct questions only on this thread, if you want to discuss the Q&A's copy and paste them to the original thread.

As far as I can see, your post wasn't a question and it certainly wasn't an answer. Or am I wrong?

If you were capable of posting in the relevant section then maybe your post would still be in existance. It's hardly fair to claim some form of sensorship is being put in place considering 10000hours have replied to every question you have put forward, even where you insinuate incompetence and alterior motives on the CIC's part.

Nae bother Ozzy. :wacko:

Ozzy-Osbourne-s01.jpg

It's quite the opposite, a thread was created to lask as many questions as you want and now it has it's own sub-forum. What more do you want?

You had one post deleted from the Q&A thread, the post wasn't a question directed to the 10000 hours team so it was deleted. We're trying to make it easier for the 10000 hours team to find questions in the forum giving you a better chance of getting an answer.

there's no guarantee that he will be able to answer the question you might have but you are far more likely to get an answer if you post it in here were he doesn't need to search through 100's of posts looking for questions.......

Entirely the opposite actually, Im really keen for the forum to encourage debate on the CIC project.

Good move with the sub-forum Div. :)

I assume one of the instances you are refering to is your post in the Q&A thread which read,

But then again, it's not a surprise it was deleted considering the Q&A thread states,

As far as I can see, your post wasn't a question and it certainly wasn't an answer. Or am I wrong?

If you were capable of posting in the relevant section then maybe your post would still be in existance. It's hardly fair to claim some form of sensorship is being put in place considering 10000hours have replied to every question you have put forward, even where you insinuate incompetence and alterior motives on the CIC's part.

Spot on civil saint and there is nothing to stop people from discussing why certain questions have not yet been answered, if they wish to do so they can do it in the Club Buy Out discussion thread which is now 65 pages.

Edited by davidg

Guest somner9

given the above comments and (Mr/Mrs/Miss) 10000 hours rep seeking to dominate the debate whichever thread you post on it is inappopriate for me to raise concerns here.

everyone will make their mind up as regards the 10000 hours proposal, as they rightly should, and given the time, effort and personal expense that the 10000 hours team have undoubtedly put into their proposal (Who on earth would take this on given the perilous state of scottish football) they deserve recognition for bringing an opportunity to secure the long term future of the club before the widest audience possible. that i salute.

the chance to debate in an open and honest way, raising concerns. suggesting ideas, becoming informed is pivotal if you seek to be inclusive going forward. however if the point of the debate is merely to rubbish, insult or just be plain rude to someone that holds a view or concern that you don't..... then it serves no purpose other than to create animosity.

thats not for me, everyone is entitled to their view and have the right to hold it without the parties concerned seeking to "railroad" their position through. that i fear is what is at play.

the public meetings are an opportunity for interested parties to ask questions in detail, and get the answers they desire, but again it's really for the people already on board.

so with some regret i leave the debate on here, but never on the terraces (stands)

(Mods had a good look through the settings etc, couldnt see how to close this account, be much obliged if you could flame it on my behalf)

Somner9 has left the building............. (que the usual round of "Aye F..off and similiar vitrolic sentiment)

It's totally unbelievable isn't it! Because he didn't hear what he wanted to hear, he buggered off to cry into his corn flakes...

He got two very constructive responses from the mods, and a couple from regular posters but that wasn't enough. Best not to have this type on here tbh, just seeking attention and people to side with him. :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Interesting. It appears that someone is indeed censoring the forum and the debate. A whole thread appears to have disappeared and the only potentially abusive post in it was Otto repoman saying that the £35 I paid for Cup Final tickets was good value because I'm a "lardarse" :rolleyes:

Have you been at the bellshill buckie again Stu? :P

• 3 weeks later...