Public Meetings

10000hours

Can i take it theres noone at the second meeting as there is no updates on twitter.

Yeah sorry, I couldn't make it down tonight to do the tweets and there were no other takers available to take over.

Expect the meeting will follow similar lines to last week other than the Stewart Gilmour part which I really wanted to broadcast byut c'est la vie :(

Update from this evening.......

Its £10 per month or you can save 20 quid by paying the year up front.

Cheques for £100 to be made out to David G and posted to.............:P

What was the turnout tonight?

There were probably about 130 to 150 or so there last Thursday. Supporters buses had a meeting on tuesday night but not sure how many attended.

Well over 100 tonight, good turn out. RA came across really well, and although I was already keen tonight confirmed it for me.

Overall A positive night and cleared up some minor things that weren't clear for me. Spent a bit of time covering why the consortium were being paid £2m but I don't see what that had to do with RA as SG had left by then.

SG kicked meeting off about the league reconstruction and talked about different options. Personally got the feeling that nobody will agree and status quo will stick in the meantime.

Why do women put a hand up then say "view of a woman, whatever...". We're not all Andy Gray sitting hoping you'll offer to do our t-shirts. Seriously, people lost their lives for the vote and their memories deserve better. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway...

Good meeting, excellent funny man at the side calling Richard "Stewart" TWICE and an old grey haired gent almost reading out a somner9 post near enough verbatim. Very good clarity given to things and a much better explanation of Social Return On Investment.

Felt SG's talk was good also, though not for this forum of course. :)

Not a lot of spare seats tonight - maybe over 90% full.

Spoke more about the model being taken elsewhere and the benefits it could have to the CIC or St. Mirren itself.

RA also mentioned about a timescale - in May there is a possibility of a transfer of power, with various lawyers stuff to conclude afterwards.

If no deal is done by August it'll not be done at all.

Otherwise, pretty much the same as last week. And some guy down the front totally slated CK and the current setup.

The Social Return on Investment was really interesting, they way I took it was that the more we do socially and bigger benefits we bring then we will see better discounts in loan repayments.

A win for the Community and a win for the club as we pay off CIC debt quicker.

I thought tonights meeting was the best so far. Last weeks had a lot more comedy value, but this weeks was rather more sober, most of the questions were better constructed and relevant and Michelle Evans wasn't there. :)

Due to the lack of rant questions other than a couple of dafties RA really got a lot more information out. There was a lot of old school supporters in the audience and it was great to hear their approval on the points, and general support and excitement for the CIC.

I had expected a few more of the online basket case dissenters to air their grievances tonight; was a wee bit disappointed - there must have been a hoose haunting on the go somewhere else. :P

Not often i come away from St Mirren Park impressed, but tonight I was. Decent turn out of around 200. Thought Gilmour was pretty open about the politics behind the SPL reconstruction... sounds depressing that either there will be no change to the status quo becaus ethe voting structure means the OF can veto what the other clubs propose, or that if change comes it will be piecemeal, or that clubs will be bullied into voting for changes they are not confident about.

Thought Richard Atkinson spoke very well and handled the questions from the floor well too.

Also came away from the meeting quite impressed. Richard Atkinson certainly talks a good game.

I think the most persuasive argument he made in favour of the that he made for the CIC was that the only way to improve the team is to generate more income for the club. The only way to do that in the long term is to build the club up from the base. Somebody coming along with a bit of money to put into the club doesn't represent sustainable income in the long term. In order to grow the club we have to start doing things a bit differently. The CIC does seem to represent a good chance to do this.

I did get the impression that Atkinson himself has a lot of ideas on how to move this project forward and as a consequence the success of the project may well depend on whether he maintains the same levels of drive and enthusiasm for the project that he clearly has now.

If he loses interest in being St Mirren chairman or 10000Hours moves on to another big project, I think it may be hard to replace him and the project may well suffer.

I did get the impression that Atkinson himself has a lot of ideas on how to move this project forward and as a consequence the success of the project may well depend on whether he maintains the same levels of drive and enthusiasm for the project that he clearly has now.

I found last nights meeting really worthwhile too. I really warmed to the idea of the CIC and thought Mr Atkinson came across very well.

The thing I'm still not entirely sure about is his where his drive and motivation comes from. There is a reliance that people will invest, spend and utilise the clubs facilities because they care for the club and the community. But he's neither a fan nor local.

He's personally invested a huge amount of time to this point and has a lot more to do. What's his motivation? Unless he's just a great guy with a lot of time who likes helping people. I'm trying to write this without sounding like a cheeky b@st@rd (thats the reason that I never asked last night), I'm just genuinely interested if anyone knows?

I found last nights meeting really worthwhile too. I really warmed to the idea of the CIC and thought Mr Atkinson came across very well.

The thing I'm still not entirely sure about is his where his drive and motivation comes from. There is a reliance that people will invest, spend and utilise the clubs facilities because they care for the club and the community. But he's neither a fan nor local.

He's personally invested a huge amount of time to this point and has a lot more to do. What's his motivation? Unless he's just a great guy with a lot of time who likes helping people. I'm trying to write this without sounding like a cheeky b@st@rd (thats the reason that I never asked last night), I'm just genuinely interested if anyone knows?

I don't know the reasons why he is involved but I guess that there are probably two parts to it. First part is that he is actually a thoroughly decent chap and does care about Social Enterprise. I guess its like asking why Tom Hunter gives away millions a year to charity. Just seem like decent people that have made a lot of money in life and would like to do something to help society in general. I'm paraphrasing a little but he said something along the lines of being financially secure and know what he will do for the rest of his and this gave him something a little different.

Secondly, if this is a success then he will earn massive kudos from the business world and become some sort of CIC 'guru'. He has already given advice to other similar projects and if this works that will increase somewhat.

Richard Atkinson has a lot of directorships in different companies. He is a doer rather than a talker.

Did anybody talk about attacking football, filling the corners in , cheap pies, reduced admission prices, part time football and filling the Stadium on a regular basis.

Most importantly, did Gilmour mention how we are going to remove the Old Firm before reconstruction takes place ?

THIS WILL END IN DISASTER .

Did anybody talk about attacking football, filling the corners in , cheap pies, reduced admission prices, part time football and filling the Stadium on a regular basis.

Most importantly, did Gilmour mention how we are going to remove the Old Firm before reconstruction takes place ?

THIS WILL END IN DISASTER .

One of the last questions asked was about the rest of the spl threatening to form their own league to change the 11-1 voting structure which gives the OF power but SG said that was a very dangerous card to play and once its played there's no going back. He did say that if it were to happen, the OF would go running to uefa about having no league to play in and would result in them playing in england - he also said it doesn't matter if th epl teams don't want them, because sky does and money talks.

I don't see this as a bad thing but maybe Stewart realizes that without the OF there is NO tv deal - not even a smaller one but NONE. Every club in Britain needs tv money to survive (unless they all go part time, bit then you're reducing the quality and the tv companies won't pay for that anyway)

One of the last questions asked was about the rest of the spl threatening to form their own league to change the 11-1 voting structure which gives the OF power but SG said that was a very dangerous card to play and once its played there's no going back. He did say that if it were to happen, the OF would go running to uefa about having no league to play in and would result in them playing in england - he also said it doesn't matter if th epl teams don't want them, because sky does and money talks.

I don't see this as a bad thing but maybe Stewart realizes that without the OF there is NO tv deal - not even a smaller one but NONE. Every club in Britain needs tv money to survive (unless they all go part time, bit then you're reducing the quality and the tv companies won't pay for that anyway)

Thanks for the info Bud.

Gilmour is talking nonsense, we don't need the Old Firm for anything not even TV Deals.

Costs ( salaries) would be slashed by all Clubs and we'd all happily survive.

FTOF

Richard Atkinson has a lot of directorships in different companies. He is a doer rather than a talker.

Really? I'm only aware of him being director of a few companies that are part of Maxi Group and some equestrian group.