Pledge Your Support Now !

div

I posted a while back that the 300 level of supporters could easily be surpassed, and the vibes look good. However, the real fiscal muscle is coming from the private sector when you look at the sums of the proposal. Many of those directly involved in the bid seem to be lined up already in that regard, so perhaps the critical shortfall may be achievable with equal ease ? I get the impression that the current BoD really want it to happen, and that is significant.

Lochwinnoch Saint still raises the main (and most common) point of concern, so I would expect this to be clarified at the meeting.

Beyond that its up to the persuasive charm of RA, and he seems to be working wonders with the natives so far, so a few major companies wanting to re-invest some capital, and generate some good PR for themselves......shouldn't present too many problems ?

I'd rather we sold more Season Tickets.

Our stadium only holds just over 8000.

The priority should be filling it .

Who cares about a pishy Supporters Bar.

There's plenty Pubs in Paisley

Edited by shull

I think you'll find the CIC wants to sell more season tickets too but it won't happen overnight. We need a better product on the park and more community involvement for that to happen, both things the CIC have stated they will be working towards.

The point about the supporters bar is that the profits will be going to St Mirren, not a Paisley publican. Might not be much but every bit helps to generate more revenue, thereby helping to improve the product on the park and hopefully selling more season tickets.......

I'm not sure your ambition of filling the stadium quite sits with your other plans to make all the players part-time........

Better match day experience will encourage more supporters to go to more games = more season tickets. Posted it before, but the Blackburn matchday experience is great - there is shedloads to spend your money on and plenty reason to get to the stadium early. The stall at Love Street and then the shop at the new ground played its part - as will the supporters bar in improving the matchday experience and increasing the matchday spend for those wishing to invest in it. That increased spend will have a knock on effect on the playing budget, which will benefit all supporters - even the non-spending tightwads. :P

I think we will also see a lot of supporters move from the west stand to the main stand as a result of the bar, wee increase in ticket revenues from that too. I already have my seats in M3 where the bar will be. :guinness

Better match day experience will encourage more supporters to go to more games = more season tickets. Posted it before, but the Blackburn matchday experience is great - there is shedloads to spend your money on and plenty reason to get to the stadium early. The stall at Love Street and then the shop at the new ground played its part - as will the supporters bar in improving the matchday experience and increasing the matchday spend for those wishing to invest in it. That increased spend will have a knock on effect on the playing budget, which will benefit all supporters - even the non-spending tightwads. :P

I think we will also see a lot of supporters move from the west stand to the main stand as a result of the bar, wee increase in ticket revenues from that too. I already have my seats in M3 where the bar will be. :guinness

Cannae argue - £10 adults/£5 kids for the forthcoming derby v. Bolton (and that is for away fans as well).

The supporters bar idea is probably as close as we can get for legal reasons to the English situation of bars & bookies on the concourses inside the stands. When the Geordies went 0-3 down against Arsenal earlier this season, the fans weren't leaving the stands to go home as the TV coverage insinuated......they were heading downstairs for a pint and to watch the game on the telly, which is why the stands were full for the 4 goal comeback. That's a lot of spending in the ground beyond the match-day ticket :wink:

I get a questionnaire from Bolton Wanderers every year asking for supporter feedback on the "matchday experience".....and unsurprisingly, they publish the poll results and take the relevant action where viable/legally possible. As Phil Gartside said: "Its simple - give the customer what they want, and they will want to come back to matches and will increase the chances of bringing new fans, This increases revenue to the club, which will be reinvested in the team".

Bolton's gates are up, despite local competition and rising local unemployment. Revenue is up. Investment in the transfer kitty/wage structure is up. Team performance (bar the Wembley "experience") is way ahead of reasonable expectations. In short - it works.

This doesn't sound too dissimilar from what is currently going on at SMFC, so this sort of thing (supporters bar) should be encouraged, and any other initiatives like it.

I think we will also see a lot of supporters move from the west stand to the main stand as a result of the bar, wee increase in ticket revenues from that too.

How would Fans moving from one stand to another increase revenue? :blink:

Presumably based on the belief that people will chose a more expensive ST/match ticket, to be nearer the boozer ? Cannot see that being a widely held policy, but we'll see.

I don't know the legals, but leasing out space to a bookies on site might be a good option to pursue. It may be legal if you can bet before going in the ground, then collect afterwards (if you have been lucky !).

Just realised that my ideas are heading down the boozer / bookies scheme of things. This may not sit well with some of the community groups !

Presumably based on the belief that people will chose a more expensive ST/match ticket, to be nearer the boozer ?

It's £20 for an adult no matter what stand you sit in or who we are playing against.

It's £22 for a padded seat but I don't think this is what Sid was talking about.

It's £20 for an adult no matter what stand you sit in or who we are playing against.

It's £22 for a padded seat but I don't think this is what Sid was talking about.

I thought that was what he meant, as how else could people moving seats = more ticketing revenue.

Unless a season of swilling lager and necking Nachos leaves the supporter with an arse as wide as the Clyde, and they get so unfit that they need to be nearer the boozer for the pre-match stroll....but need two seats to be comfy.

Season tickets are more expensive in the main stand than the west stand... or at least they were for students, so it may be all round! Maybe that's what he means. :)

My gaff on that one HSS, I thought there was a difference in price between the Main Stand and the West Stand. Season ticket pricing is pretty much the same too other than some additional discount for breenjin students. :P

Sid only one thing needs to come out of this meeting for it to be successful.

1- How much of a loan is being taken out.

2- If we should tumble into the first division and members start pulling out during the loan period what happens if there is not enough to keep up loan payments.

So far answers on that have been avoided like the plague. Richard's has some good ideas but he is not a football man. Why is important basic questions being avoided even by e-mail.

Surly after all we have been through going to a new stadium every fan will want the figures to be water tight. If they are not then we should not embrace CIC. It seem to me many have fallen for the romance of a CIC club with out seeing figures. That is a big worry.

Received an e-mail which makes me feel more comfortable now and as such have pledged myself to the CIC

Received an e-mail which makes me feel more comfortable now and as such have pledged myself to the CIC

Are you sure now? You've been up and down every other post on the subject of the CIC. Its been as irritating as Mrs V trying to decide what she wants out the chip shop. :P

Was a wee bit surprised to see this so early, but I think going by the general support for the move on the street and the envious comments from supporters from other clubs I have been hearing it is probably a good thing as, (speaking from personal experience of being heid-knocker of most Buddie things on this forum) the knockers will always be more vocal, especially on mediums like this. 149 pledges in a single working day is a significant result - and all before the meetings over the next week or so. Great time to be a Buddie - it has the feel of the crowd gathering outside the c"ntcil buildings. Great work on the site Div - you get a job doing this sort of thing. :P

Fixed it for you. :)

Thanks for asking the difficult questions they do need answered, and we are glad you found the answer good enough to pledge.

10000hours CIC

So is the answer to be shared with the rest of us.......or has it been covered elsewhere and I've missed it?

So is the answer to be shared with the rest of us.......or has it been covered elsewhere and I've missed it?

Sorry you are correct we should have published it online also.

Here is the e-mail and reply that was sent to the inquiry.

Hi,

Can I ask what loans will be taken out and what time scale this has to be paid back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your question.

I cannot unfortunately give you full details of the loans at this point but I can tell you that the interest varies between 0% and 8% over between 3 and 10 years.

The business plan has been seen by all the proposed funders of which there are a large number and they have all been doing the due diligence together and are content with the sustainability of the proposal.

There are also a number of other funding types and to make it a bit more complex there is also a thing called SROI (social return of investment) which allows the conversion of the return of capital to be exchanged for a social outcome produced by the CIC structure.

We will try and give some more details at the presentations if you can make it.

I'm quite tempted to pledge! How late can we leave pledging so that we don't miss anything?

You'll need to be quick, I'm proposing a clause in the constitution banning folk from the gr'n'k' suburb of Bishopton from being members. :P

There will be another meeting next Thursday. I don't think there'll be a deadline but the greater number of pledges we have the earlier the better.

You'll need to be quick, I'm proposing a clause in the constitution banning folk from the gr'n'k' suburb of Bishopton from being members. :P

There will be another meeting next Thursday. I don't think there'll be a deadline but the greater number of pledges we have the earlier the better.

I'm not how but you've talked me in to - make it 321 pledges so far! :P

Can I ask what role you play within the new CIC structure as you say we above ?

Can I ask what role you play within the new CIC structure as you say we above ?

Future President of the Club. :P

We should be talking about this in terms of "we" and "us". A lot of the communication tonight and through these threads talks about the CIC as if it it is something alien to the club. Yes, it keeps the club and the CIC as separate entities; however never before will the community have been so close to the club apart from mibbae when it was first formed. The CIC is us.