SMiSA Statement on 10000 Hours Proposals

From SMiSA.net:

SMiSA have been in discussions with Richard Atkinson's group since last August regarding the proposed Community Interest Company purchase of the Consortiums shareholding. Following our members meeting earlier this month we are pleased to report that the Association backs the initiative in principal and are currently seeking clarification on the finer detail relating to the proposed funding of the purchase. SMiSA are currently considering options for investing funding and once this exercise is concluded we will consult with the membership and seek further instruction.

We would encourage all St. Mirren fans to fully engage in the presentation meetings currently being staged at St. Mirren Park as the success of this is dependent on supporter participation so please take the time to attend, question and if you, as a St. Mirren supporter conclude this is the way forward for our club fully support this by getting involved.

Edited by Tennant's Lager

Glad to see.

Hopefully the fact that smisa support it will quieten some of the dissenters who clearly have not been to any of the meetings!

Why would SMiSA backing the CiC change peoples thoughts on the subject?

Glad to see.

Hopefully the fact that smisa support it will quieten some of the dissenters who clearly have not been to any of the meetings!

yeah, shame on us for not attending the sole meeting so far that was announced at two days notice :rolleyes:

yeah, shame on us for not attending the sole meeting so far that was announced at two days notice :rolleyes:

You must be the only journalist in the country that hasn't had a one to one interview with RA. Has Mrs McGlumpher found that lost sheep yet scoop? :P

I don't see the benefit of SMiSA just disappearing into the background for the CiC. No doubt there can be cooperation, but as the supporters trust, it still has a role to play advocating for supporters and it has to be independent of the majority shareholder.

I guess it's for the SMiSA committee to decide what level to go into the CiC.

I don't know the percentage shareholding of SMiSA in the club, but if the CiC makes the 48% 'worthless' then maybe it's an opportunity for SMiSA to increase it's share in the club too.

I don't see the benefit of SMiSA just disappearing into the background for the CiC. No doubt there can be cooperation, but as the supporters trust, it still has a role to play advocating for supporters and it has to be independent of the majority shareholder.

I guess it's for the SMiSA committee to decide what level to go into the CiC.

I don't know the percentage shareholding of SMiSA in the club, but if the CiC makes the 48% 'worthless' then maybe it's an opportunity for SMiSA to increase it's share in the club too.

That's not the point I'm making mate.

JDL is saying now that SMiSA have come out in support of the CiC then supporters who are undecided/anti CiC should follow SMiSAs lead.

Why JDL?

You must be the only journalist in the country that hasn't had a one to one interview with RA. Has Mrs McGlumpher found that lost sheep yet scoop? :P

Too busy dealing with windfarms. I'll only speak to RA if he decides to stick a big turbine up at each corner to power the floodlights :P

Glad to see.

do i detect a note of criticism of those who are not yet 100% behind the scheme just because they cant make some meetings at quite short notice?

If you read the first post, you'll see SMISA's backing is still conditional on more detail coming forward.

Too busy dealing with windfarms. I'll only speak to RA if he decides to stick a big turbine up at each corner to power the floodlights :P

I am surprised that the CIC haven't agreed to install solar panels on all of the stand roofs, I am sure that there must be grants available for this. We will then be able to maximise revenue by then selling the excess electricity back to the national grid.

Why wouldnt it?

Smisa is made up of perfectly reasonable people who obviously care deeply for St Mirren.

For Smisa to make a statement like that means that the perfectly reasonable people at Smisa have researched the cic and decided to support it.

Does that answer your question?

do i detect a note of criticism of those who are not yet 100% behind the scheme just because they cant make some meetings at quite short notice?

If you read the first post, you'll see SMISA's backing is still conditional on more detail coming forward.

No you don't.

See my previous post.

Why wouldnt it?

Smisa is made up of perfectly reasonable people who obviously care deeply for St Mirren.

For Smisa to make a statement like that means that the perfectly reasonable people at Smisa have researched the cic and decided to support it.

Does that answer your question?

So people who haven't made up their mind yet or are against the CiC are unreasonable people who don't care for St Mirren?

I get annoyed by jimdickloyal as much as the next guy but I'm not sure he's done anything wrong here! He's just saying that having a group like SMISA support the CIC shows that there must be positives to the model, and it might sway people who aren't sure? :blink:

What he said :D

I am surprised that the CIC haven't agreed to install solar panels on all of the stand roofs, I am sure that there must be grants available for this. We will then be able to maximise revenue by then selling the excess electricity back to the national grid.

Long time readers of Pie and Bovril will know that the real grants money lies in building an athletics track at your ground.

I get annoyed by jimdickloyal as much as the next guy but I'm not sure he's done anything wrong here! He's just saying that having a group like SMISA support the CIC shows that there must be positives to the model, and it might sway people who aren't sure? :blink:

But the SMiSA members are just the same as you and me,individuals with an opinion.Just because they they are in a group of Saints Fans dosent make their opinion any better than yours or mine.

I have still to decide what to do,tomorrows meeting may sway me one way or the other,but I certainly won't make a decision because SMiSA are backing the CiC.

Long time readers of Pie and Bovril will know that the real grants money lies in building an athletics track at your ground.

Well had you done that not only would you have got your SportsScitland grant, you would have had several more Community Members and you'd already have a regular foot fall of customers paying to use the track, to use your physio, and buying drinks, energy bars etc as well as having a captive audience in the bored parent market who I know from experience at Ravencraig are happy to pay up to £2 for a mix of milk and coffee

Well had you done that not only would you have got your SportsScitland grant, you would have had several more Community Members and you'd already have a regular foot fall of customers paying to use the track, to use your physio, and buying drinks, energy bars etc as well as having a captive audience in the bored parent market who I know from experience at Ravencraig are happy to pay up to £2 for a mix of milk and coffee

It wouldn't have worked. Tottenham Hotspur or West Ham United would have stolen it from us.

But the SMiSA members are just the same as you and me,individuals with an opinion.Just because they they are in a group of Saints Fans dosent make their opinion any better than yours or mine.

I have still to decide what to do,tomorrows meeting may sway me one way or the other,but I certainly won't make a decision because SMiSA are backing the CiC.

And neither should you. You SHOULD however wait until you have attended said meeting before imposing your opinion as without being properly informed you are merely making a nuisance of yourself.

And neither should you. You SHOULD however wait until you have attended said meeting before imposing your opinion as without being properly informed you are merely making a nuisance of yourself.

I'm not imposing my opinion on any meeting and I don't need to be informed to know that I,or anybuddie else,should be swayed because SMiSA say so.

I wonder if I still bought The Sun if I'd be voting SNP this year.