Decision time re: CIC

jimdickloyal

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely, still does not mean every St Mirren fan is behind it though.

I will be a founder member though!

Does mean the decision has already been made though!

Don't really see what there is to vote against. If you don't like something about the idea then there is the opportunity to get involved a change it.

Surely voting against it is a bit like saying I don't trust myself to run the club or I can't be bothered running the club?

Does mean the decision has already been made though!

Don't really see what there is to vote against. If you don't like something about the idea then there is the opportunity to get involved a change it.

Surely voting against it is a bit like saying I don't trust myself to run the club or I can't be bothered running the club?

We are at that stage now. Childish bickering will occur whatever the proposal is but the main issue now is

Q) Now that all the information that anyone could want has been offered will you be investing?

Its a straight yes or no.

Im actually quite excited by the prospect and what it means for our club.

I imagine as the majority of people who post on here are obviously interested in St. Mirren they may be more inclined to support a proposal like this.

It's not a poll of the general public!

Well yes, but the general public are also unlikely to support our football club in such a way.

It really is the opinion of the fans that matter for the cic and not the old firm supprting masses who would rather moan about ginger lennon's treatment or sing about a religious groups blood on there knees than know anything of the cic.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the POTY dinner last night and the chat about the CIC was frightening.

The amount of people that have a negative view based on shear apathy & ignorance was incredible. Season ticket holders who haven't been to any of the public meetings with nothing more to say than "it's pish, it'll no work, what's in it for him?"

If this is going to work then as many fans & members of the community need to be involved. When you've got nuggets like this it makes it difficult. It's almost as if they want it to fail just so they can say I told you so.

The amount of people that have a negative view based on shear apathy & ignorance was incredible. Season ticket holders who haven't been to any of the public meetings with nothing more to say than "it's pish, it'll no work, what's in it for him?"

If this is going to work then as many fans & members of the community need to be involved. When you've got nuggets like this it makes it difficult. It's almost as if they want it to fail just so they can say I told you so.

It will and thank God it looks like it's a non starter.... :wink:

Edited by scoopydoo1987

Great post

Great post

Unbelievable that anyone wouldn't at least try to understand the proposal if they have doubts. You really have to wonder if the West of Scotland negative mentality will ever change? Happy wallowing in despair and criticising as a reflex. :angry:

It will and thank God it looks like it's a non starter.... :wink:

So why then have I, and no doubt others, received an e-mail this morning saying final approval for funding is expected during June and the direct debit mandates wil be sent out next week.

Unbelievable that anyone wouldn't at least try to understand the proposal if they have doubts. You really have to wonder if the West of Scotland negative mentality will ever change? Happy wallowing in despair and criticising as a reflex. :angry:

Anything that involves effort or is something new will always attract a negative response from the apathetic.

To give an example. Last years sportsmans dinner for our supporters club attracted some critics on this site. The price, the venue, the speakers I arranged were all criticised by posters on here who had no intention of going in the first place. The night went ahead, was a roaring success and we made enough money for our bus to run for the rest of the season.

The cic is attracting the very same response. People who have not even had the decency to find out about the concept are asking the same repetive (and often stupid) questions and plucking criticisms out of the air.

The cic will go ahead, will be a success and will contribute in a positive way toward the community and St Mirren.

Absolutely!

The email that went out last night keeping the pledgers up-to-date encouraged anyone who is a pledger to come and speak to RA or any of the CIC folks during the evening, as a lot of them would be at the dinner. I was sitting near Richard (on the same table in fact) and, as far as I saw, no-one came to him with a question or a gripe or a criticism or a suggestion. The truth of the matter is that some people find it much easier to moan to their mates and type rubbish on an internet forum than actually raise constructive questions to the people who matter. Which is indicative of a motive to sully the name of the CIC and spread negative guff about the plans, rather than look to see it improve and be successful. The ridiculous notion that the scaremongers somehow have the best interests of the club at heart has been show up for what it is by their silence when and where their voices really matter - a ridiculous notion.

Definitely, It's got to be the best way forward for the club and will turn out to be a shining example for the direction of fellow Scottish clubs in which to follow

Hi sorry to be a pain i was wondering how i go about signing up for this. Quite happy to pay the fee. Thanks