Volunteers Needed !

div

What kind of vain twat would want their picture on a hall of fame? I prefer my anonymity.

I had a bizarre experience last year at Greenhill Road, I think it might have been for a midweek cup tie between St Mirren and Motherwell. My boys and I picked up our tickets at the main stand and pushed our way past stewards to walk through the large Motherwell support. My eldest son saw some guys he knew and they started chanting his name, a young lady shouted "Dickson your getting f**ked tonight" - I'm sure she meant me :P - and my youngest son passed a group of his school mates some of whom shook hands with him, and one girl gave him a cuddle.

We got to the St Mirren stand, sat down, a group of four guys started booing us, another called me a fat wanker, and someone else threw a half eaten pie which hit my youngest sons back.

Sticking pictures of myself up around the ground doesn't seem like a route towards watching a game in peace and quiet. :rolleyes:

Enough of this who's right and who's wrong regarding the CiC, lets get down to brass tacks...

So your sons receive banter, hugs and are welcomed by their peers when in public where as onsight you are verbally abused with possibly hot, definitely fatty foods thrown at you :lol:

Was this some kind of retaliation for the smashed up DVD incident or possibly some kind of militant equality group for pensioners or disabled person's rights?...

I think you should be ashamed of yourself for asking people, SOME WHO CAN ILL AFFORD IT, to put their hard earned cash into a scheme which will let a multi millionaire take over our football club with out paying a penny of his own money.

Richard has in fact already put in a six figure sum into the CLUB, never mind the CIC.

Still, don't let the facts get in the way of your childish tantrums.

Bring on Yule Brynner, at least when you post as him you bring some humour to your nonsense.

Richard has in fact already put in a six figure sum into the CLUB, never mind the CIC.

Still, don't let the facts get in the way of your childish tantrums.

Bring on Yule Brynner, at least when you post as him you bring some humour to your nonsense.

I reckon I'll just mosey on down to the green dot saloon, park the steed outside, and with six shooter to hand, award you one of them there green dots on your sheriff's badge....

Edited by pozbaird

Yes that is very clear, although I didn't ask anyone to volunteer ?

You could have saved yourself some time and embarassment there if you had checked your facts.

I merely posted a link to the 10000 Hours website where they were asking for volunteers.

In much the same way that I could post a link to any other website which is displaying information I think is of interest to St.Mirrren supporters.

What an absolute clown you have made of yourself. Again.

You say ""Richard has in fact already put in a six figure sum into the CLUB, never mind the CIC."". Can you please explain this bold statement.

How much on what ? Or is that confidential as well.

You have used this forum to help promote this scheme for the last few months. Please do not try to wriggle out of your responsibility by saying you ""you only posted a link"". If this scheme falls flat on its financial face in a years time and all of the money from members is lost you will have to share part of the blame. You and your friends on here have helped to encourage people to invest their hard earned cash in this scheme.

Unlike you and Sid, I have not sunk to personal abuse.

The whole issue of promoting this scheme actually raises some interesting questions. I remember at one of the public meetings someone asked a very good question. It was along the lines of ""why are you not selling shares ? "" There was no real answer given to this question. It is not my area of financial expertise but I seem to rememberer that offering of shares brings with it some legal issues including an a responsibility on the seller . Maybe that is the reason that no shares are actually being offered to us.

At least Sheiks and the like would use their own money. I know, of course, no one is being forced to sign up but met two guys today who have signed up, and I know they are struggling financially to pay their bills. They are lifetime Saints fans, like myself, but they feel obliged to help out the Club they love.

Their £120 quid should be going to put food on the family table, not used to finance a scheme dreamed up by a multi millionaire who is not putting his hand in his pocket.

The former directors took an informed risk with their own money and it seems are about to be well rewarded for that risk.

I want no part in encouraging those who can least afford it, to pay for a multi millionaire's cost free take over of our club and neither should you.

Not that it's any of my business, but if I was struggling to pay bills, a season ticket would be the first thing to go, so if these two guys you met do in fact exist and you didn't just make them up to prove a rather weak and tedious point, they can't be all that poor.

You say ""Richard has in fact already put in a six figure sum into the CLUB, never mind the CIC."". Can you please explain this bold statement.

You have used this forum to help promote this scheme for the last few months. Please do not try to wriggle out of your responsibility by saying you ""you only posted a link"". If this scheme falls flat on its financial face in a years time and all of the money from members is lost you will have to share part of the blame. You and your friends on here have helped to encourage people to invest their hard earned cash in this scheme.

The whole issue of promoting this scheme actually raises some interesting questions. I remember at one of the public meetings someone asked a very good question. It was along the lines of ""why are you not selling shares ? "" There was no real answer given to this question. It is not my area of financial expertise but I seem to rememberer that offering of shares brings with it some legal issues including an a responsibility on the seller . Maybe that is the reason that no shares are actually being offered to us.

I know Div doesn't need me or anyone else to fight his corner, but that's tripe.

I find it patronising and slightly offensive for you to suggest that I've somehow been brainwashed into thinking this is a good idea by someone on an internet forum. I made a decision based on the document published by the CIC and media interviews with Atkinson, etc, nothing else.

You've been much more vocal on the issue than Div, had your argument, at any point, even flirted with coherence and reason, I might have paid attention to any concern you had and reconsidered.

I think you will find you were the first to introduce personal abuse way back when the CIC story first broke on the Internet. As for the rest it is just more desperate drivel. Why don't you start a thread called Credible Objections and see if you can come up with any instead of just slabbering nasty-minded shite. :)

Edited by St. Sid

As you say that was covered at a couple of the meetings. To be fair to Richard Atkinson he did answer this question quite clearly. The reason given was that it was simply down to cost. Apparently it costs far more to sell shares than a membership as you have to produce a prospectus etc.

There was also some suggestion that as a shareholder in the CIC it's possible that you may have some liability if it collapses. As a member there is no possibility you can be liable.

Richard Atkinson also said that members could be given the same rights as shareholders by writing it into the constitution of the CIC.

It was also mentioned that shares in a CIC are a bit different to shares in a limited company, not exactly sure what this means though. Not my area of expertise!!

As you say that was covered at a couple of the meetings. To be fair to Richard Atkinson he did answer this question quite clearly. The reason given was that it was simply down to cost. Apparently it costs far more to sell shares than a membership as you have to produce a prospectus etc.

There was also some suggestion that as a shareholder in the CIC it's possible that you may have some liability if it collapses. As a member there is no possibility you can be liable.

Richard Atkinson also said that members could be given the same rights as shareholders by writing it into the constitution of the CIC.

It was also mentioned that shares in a CIC are a bit different to shares in a limited company, not exactly sure what this means though. Not my area of expertise!!

You could easily have added that the 'selling shares to Paisley punters' route had been tried - and failed - in the past. This is a new ownership model and this time it seems to have caught the mood of the Buddie public.

Amazingly.

The new season ticket early bird price of £250 works out at about £13 a match. It is a fantastic deal. With Danny now having an SPL season under his belt, 11 players released, and new arrivals on the way - it looks like being an exciting season for St Mirren. I'm renewing my ST today - I think it's a good thing to do. I absolutely encourage other fans to think likewise, and buy an ST.

....So, if it's a pish season, Danny does an Avram Grant, we are relegated by Dunfermline with three games to go, and we get knocked out the Scottish Cup by Inverurie Locos - how much of the blame do I share?

I am sure you will find out in the fullness of time when the club accounts are published. I don't need to say any more on that matter.

What complete and utter drivel you talk !!

This is a forum, it's for discussing things related to St.Mirren. I am pro-CIC, you are anti-CIC. We are supposed to be discussing the merits of each stance but actually you seem incapable of that and have resorted to just making things up to suit your own agenda.

You've become a parody of yourself now. Where is Yule when we need him !

...So, if it's a pish season, Danny does an Avram Grant, we are relegated by Dunfermline with three games to go, and we get knocked out the Scottish Cup by Inverurie Locos - how much of the blame do I share?

ALL of it. You and your pesky friends. It will be all YOUR fault.

Animal there appears to be an element of hypocrisy coming from your posts. Whilst I have my reservations with the CiC I can also see the benefits that it can bring to the club.

At the moment the club is in limbo, it lacks directions and to use a phrase often used for managers. The current Directors have taken the club as far as they can or wish to go. These Directors have decided to cash in on their hardwork/luck/good fortune * (delete as appropriate) and pass the running of the club on to someone else.

After turning down offers from the other Consortium of Alan Sugar/Richard Branson and Tom Hunter they decided it was best to sell to the CiC. (aka the only show in town)

So what are the problems. The Club will remain the club and rather than being run by local Businessmen as a hobby it will be run by a Business which is also a CiC. The club for far too long has been run as a hobby and ego booster for the local businessman.

If the club is now run as a proper business by cashing in on its assets, fans base and local connections then this is to all our benefits.

If the CiC means that someone with mental health problems, learning difficulties or just a kid being able to go to club gets a better life out of the facilities as St Mirren then I am happy to pay my £10 month.

I am not “Blind” and also wonder whats in it for the people involved. But maybe their gain is not financial, maybe its ego, maybe its awards who knows. You stated that RA is a multi-millionaire, so why would he be interested in getting 300 peoples £10/month.

It’s also time to differentiate and get this across to the fans. The Club and the CiC are two completely different entities. The success on one does not guarantee the success of the other.

The question that you should be asking yourself is why it took a non St Mirren/Local/Football person to point out the obvious that the club FAILED to utilise its facilities and FAILED to integrate itself with it local community. The majority of our town support the old firm. If we can change the mind-set of 1% of our local community we can add 1000 fans to our base. Is that an unrealistic target?

This is a HUGE change in direction for the club. We should be cautious and sceptical however we should be using these emotions to ask the questions to ensure that it is a success. It’s easy to be the smart arse at the sides picking holes in everything. The hard bit is putting yourself on that pedestal knowing someone like you wants to knock you off.

Animal there appears to be an element of hypocrisy coming from your posts. Whilst I have my reservations with the CiC I can also see the benefits that it can bring to the club.

At the moment the club is in limbo, it lacks directions and to use a phrase often used for managers. The current Directors have taken the club as far as they can or wish to go. These Directors have decided to cash in on their hardwork/luck/good fortune * (delete as appropriate) and pass the running of the club on to someone else.

After turning down offers from the other Consortium of Alan Sugar/Richard Branson and Tom Hunter they decided it was best to sell to the CiC. (aka the only show in town)

So what are the problems. The Club will remain the club and rather than being run by local Businessmen as a hobby it will be run by a Business which is also a CiC. The club for far too long has been run as a hobby and ego booster for the local businessman.

If the club is now run as a proper business by cashing in on its assets, fans base and local connections then this is to all our benefits.

If the CiC means that someone with mental health problems, learning difficulties or just a kid being able to go to club gets a better life out of the facilities as St Mirren then I am happy to pay my £10 month.

I am not "Blind" and also wonder whats in it for the people involved. But maybe their gain is not financial, maybe its ego, maybe its awards who knows. You stated that RA is a multi-millionaire, so why would he be interested in getting 300 peoples £10/month.

It's also time to differentiate and get this across to the fans. The Club and the CiC are two completely different entities. The success on one does not guarantee the success of the other.

The question that you should be asking yourself is why it took a non St Mirren/Local/Football person to point out the obvious that the club FAILED to utilise its facilities and FAILED to integrate itself with it local community. The majority of our town support the old firm. If we can change the mind-set of 1% of our local community we can add 1000 fans to our base. Is that an unrealistic target?

This is a HUGE change in direction for the club. We should be cautious and sceptical however we should be using these emotions to ask the questions to ensure that it is a success. It's easy to be the smart arse at the sides picking holes in everything. The hard bit is putting yourself on that pedestal knowing someone like you wants to knock you off.

Good post.

Sums up my feelings too.

You have to think that the detractors of the CIC, would get a bit more weight behind their campaign if they publicly identified themselves and clearly explained to us all in the media what their reservations are. Much in the same way as RA has done in favour of the CIC.With their combined wealth of business acumen, I'm sure if they used the bare facts,instead of "wit" filled posts hiding on the internet, they'd provide more of a balanced view,and more doubters may be inclined not to support the CIC.

After all, they've such passion for the club that you'd think they would do everything they could to de-rail the CIC.

At present I'm in for the CIC,but I have reservations.If the case against was presented in the correct manner, then I might be persuaded to change my mind.

Over to you chaps.(I'm sticking with the wild west theme):wink:

Edited by FTOF

This is a HUGE change in direction for the club. We should be cautious and sceptical however we should be using these emotions to ask the questions to ensure that it is a success. It’s easy to be the smart arse at the sides picking holes in everything. The hard bit is putting yourself on that pedestal knowing someone like you wants to knock you off.

An excellent post all in Gruffalo. The last bit is the most important though. I think the anti-CIC stuff has been very childish - looks like we dodged a bullet if these donkeys were the alternative.

We have pledged and given the go ahead for the CIC guys to crack on getting the funding realised and close more of the corporate / community memberships. All we have really done so far is said - yes we are interested, your bluff is called, show us the money.

The hard work for is is ahead though. We will need to ensure that the CIC WILL function in both the fans and the clubs interests. In order to do that you need to be involved. You need to be in it to influence it.

There are points that I will be pushing during the development process. We need to ensure that fans that sit outside for whatever reason are still able to get their points into the decision making process. There is no point swapping a tiny dictatorship for a voted in slightly bigger dictatorship. The only way to influence these matters will be to engage with the CIC guys, attend the CIC pledgers meeting or at least ensure that points you want raised / considered are made on your behalf.

The CIC hs enough pledges to deliver the mandate for the CIC to press on so sitting outside the process chucking bricks is pretty futile now. The dissenters should now be pledging and ensuring they can defend the clubs interests from the inside. If they don't do that then their credibility as concerned supporters is in the shitter. :)

Not in any way trying to stir things but what is the £100k+ Richard has put into the club?

At the risk of being repetitive, why not ask the question in the Q&A thread where you will have more chance of getting a sensible / correct answer. :P

Why?

Div made the statement, I'm asking Div.

Fair enough; however Div posting something won't really get you anywhere in terms of information. Best to get the info thru the Q&A thread as it will have more chance of being correct - no disrespect intended to the baldy webmeister.

I reckon the £100k was the two suits Richie Rich bought for himself. :P

Edited by St. Sid

At the risk of being repetitive, why not ask the question in the Q&A thread where you will have more chance of getting a sensible / correct answer. :P

Correction: You'll get an answer if it's a nice easy question it suits them to answer - or you're prepared to ask the question three times.

Correction: You'll get an answer if it's a nice easy question it suits them to answer - or you're prepared to ask the question three times.

I just text Richie's mobile and get a text straight back. It is all about how you ask the question - remamrkable how bad journo's are at asking questions seeing it is the main part of their job - much too much focus on making pish up these days and then waiting for a reaction. :P

I just text Richie's mobile and get a text straight back. It is all about how you ask the question - remamrkable how bad journo's are at asking questions seeing it is the main part of their job - much too much focus on making pish up these days and then waiting for a reaction. :P

Not that you would ever dream of doing something like that!!