Morrisons Paisley Stores Promote OF Summer Soccer schools

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-news/local-news-in-renfrewshire/paisley-news/2011/05/18/trouble-in-store-87085-28715582/

Sadly the main offence taken by 'Paisley Buddies' which the PDE spoke to was over Morrisons listing the Paisley stores as being part of Glasgow, rather than say Morrisons not having an option of using a St Mirren summer soccer school instead of the OF in the Paisley / Renfrewshire stores.

Here's to the CIC changing the local landscape in the years to come!

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

http://www.paisleyda...87085-28715582/

Sadly the main offence taken by 'Paisley Buddies' which the PDE spoke to was over Morrisons listing the Paisley stores as being part of Glasgow, rather than say Morrisons not having an option of using a St Mirren summer soccer school instead of the OF in the Paisley / Renfrewshire stores.

Here's to the CIC changing the local landscape in the years to come!

Morrisons at Anniesland Cross have just lost my business.

I found it amusing that the offer runs to the 12th of July.This will surely outrage the oppressed people in the east end of Glasgow.The two Glasgow giants(bigots)have once again jumped into bed together for another project which lines their pockets.Rivals against the rest of us they bastards.

A spokesman for Morrisons said: "We, of course, appreciate that Paisley is not in Glasgow. We used this as a reference point to make it easier for customers to establish which stores in their wider geographical area were participating in the Summer Soccer Camp scheme.

so, what he is saying then is that residents of Penilee / Hillington are too thick to search a data list for Paisley cos it's not in Glasgow?

f**k Morrisons, as a national organisation ( & an engerlish one at that ) you can perhaps forgive their lack of geographical awareness.... My gripe is with the PDE who run the story which goes on to basiically become one big advert for the scheme.... right down to how to collect & redeem the vouchers !! :angry:

Are the people at the PDE are so pig shit ignorant of corporate spin or were they willing participants in the promotion of all things old sum !?! <_<

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

• 3 weeks later...

Have the contact details for the chap concerned in setting up OF kids project.

What do you think....should we roast him or should we be nice and steer him towards investing in the CIC as a corporate member. The chap is responsible for Morrison's Scotland marketing budget. 10K-a-year must be buttons in terms of their revenues from 3 stores in Renfrewshire. Or should we just steer him towards sponsoring our local marketing programme.

Have to say I fancy a good cop bad cop approach to this one which would allow a roasting campaign followed by a steer to our commercial dept to make redress.

If you fancy a quick roasting campaign I will pop up his email alias. :)