Selling Consortium

That’s the best you can come up with. I’m still waiting.

Please justify your claims that:

*I am “desperate to stop the consortium from getting any money from the CIC process and am currently throwing up poorly disguised nonsense”

*I have anti-St Mirren personal issues.

*“They are fictional like a lot of things in Big Fras's heid”

Justify your actions. If you cannot back these up in the public arena you are posting them in, then you are clearly an inadequate excuse of a man.

Overblown self-important nonsense. :)

Posts in the public arena are much better than malevolent whispering campaigns though. You should try it, much healthier and gives the consortium member you whisper bile about the opportunity to demand justifications, evidence, etc. B)

It is not up to me to justify anything. You have every opportunity in a public forum to counter the comments, a courtesy not given in a malevolent whispering campaign. :)

I am quite comfortable with my excuseness of manhood......you appear to be suffering some form of self-confidence crisis if a few friendly comments on an unoficial Internet forum can get you into such a tizzy. Surely you reputation could not be so easily sullied by a few comments on an Internet forum. But then he who lives by the...... :P

You came on and made a series of false statements about me as though they were fact.

I suggest you revisit your PM BigFras. It appears you like to give out series of false statements as though they are fact when it suits you, but don't like it right back at you. :)

I am quite happy in my opinion that you are disingenuous, sneaky, underhand and creepy, so whilst you post that you have changed your mind on what was previously a very strong anti-CIC opinion to pro, whilst continuing to chip away at it from your faux position of support I feel comfortable in my view that your credability as far as I am concerned is in the shitter. Remember you stated in your PM that you were running an online campaign against a consortium member.

Like your last couple of overblown post I actually find your behaviour quite funny as you should be able to discern from the tone of my posts. Don't let that detract from the "outraged in Bolton" tone of your posts though - they are comedy gold. B)

1) So people are not allowed to be persuded by the arguments and explanations of the CIC representatives ?

2) "Faux position" . Genius ! I'm so anti-CIC that I have signed up and went on a national radio station to explain its merits.

3) My PM made no reference whatsoever to "running an online campaign against a consortium member". Where is this online campaign ? It doesn't exist. I criticised SG on a PM to you regarding some business activities outside of SMFC that caused upset to a guy I have known for 30+ years (who has nothing to do with SMFC). Online campaign ? More sweeping lies again.

Congratulations Jerry/Sid/John - you have won the day. That's it for me in the forum. It was nice meeting lots of old pals again, and making some new ones. Largely its been a lot of fun, but of late it has ceased to be so. I like a bit of arguing about issues - one of my first posts was basically an online punch-up with Chingford - but when constant lies are posted about me, then that's different. I don't need any of this sh*te anymore.

Maybe you are an acquired taste. I've had a gutful.

In my experience, an offer to discuss any differences of opnion face to face is usualy enough to shut the attention-seeking fantasist up for a while

I've enjoyed reading much of what Big Fras and St Sid have had to say on the CIC - when they're not publicly falling out over who said what to whom, and in what manner it was said / meant.

If it's about basically putting the boot into SG about something - Christ, I did that on the 'scarlet and blue' thread big time.

Come on guys - sort it out, you have both contributed good stuff to the debate.

I think Sid may be referring to something that what said at the meetings;

For Richad Atkinson to buy the club with his own money, it wouldn't cost him 2m, it will cost him something like 3.4m, because the taxman will take his cut before any money even reaches the consortium.

So for the consortium to recieve 1.2m, the buyers would need to have more than 2m initially before the taxman takes his cut.

What he was saying was it would cost him around 3.4 as he would have to pay himself paye which is where the taxman would take his cut. If he had savings of 2 million already it would be different.

What he was saying was it would cost him around 3.4 as he would have to pay himself paye which is where the taxman would take his cut. If he had savings of 2 million already it would be different.

First part sounds about right....dunno about your second point though. Might be worth firing a question into the Q&A thread. At the second public meeting Richie posed the question to the accounts in the room. There were about half a dozen bold enough to own up and they all concurred that to buy the club someone would incur a hefty tax hit....your numbers sound about right. I think Richie might already have covered it in an previous answer in the Q&A coming to think of it. The other element the accountants at the meeting agreed upon was that the best traditional method of buying a club from a bean counters perspective would be to take out debt against the clubs assets, which if you look at all other recent buy outs has been the method used. Apologies in advance if you are one of the accountants. :)

First part sounds about right....dunno about your second point though. Might be worth firing a question into the Q&A thread. At the second public meeting Richie posed the question to the accounts in the room. There were about half a dozen bold enough to own up and they all concurred that to buy the club someone would incur a hefty tax hit....your numbers sound about right. I think Richie might already have covered it in an previous answer in the Q&A coming to think of it. The other element the accountants at the meeting agreed upon was that the best traditional method of buying a club from a bean counters perspective would be to take out debt against the clubs assets, which if you look at all other recent buy outs has been the method used. Apologies in advance if you are one of the accountants. :)

Nah no accountant, just remembered him explaining why buying the club with debt was the best way due to the paye tax bill in the first place. Not being an accountant i couldn't say who would have to pay the tax, but id imagine it would be the seller. Could be wrong though and theres a fifty fifty chance I am haha.

Nah no accountant, just remembered him explaining why buying the club with debt was the best way due to the paye tax bill in the first place. Not being an accountant i couldn't say who would have to pay the tax, but id imagine it would be the seller. Could be wrong though and theres a fifty fifty chance I am haha.

Never bought a business myself either - unless a half hour round the back on Anderson Bus station counts....there we no tax implications and I doubt PAYE was involved. :youngman