Bar Options

ck1

A lot of emphasis surrounding the CIC is been put on this bar getting built and the profits not going to SMFC.

I also disagree with bar profits not going directly to SMFC and then the playing squad.

Question: Why don’t the SMFC board put it to the fans 800 of the support give us £120 this will cover the cost of the fit out (given the fig of £100k) you will be a member. All the proceeds of the bar on match days, and all other functions that we can get will go directly in to the playing staff.

And when the bar is up and running there is a £20 per year member’s fee.

Not a bad shout......only a significant number of the pledgers have no interest in the bar as they aren't local.

Another way to fund the bar would be to up the season ticket prices - that way everyone likely to use the bar would be paying for it. Even better up the season ticket price to £1,000 per year and we can splash out on players, digital scoreboards and our own SKY TV channel. :P

A lot of emphasis surrounding the CIC is been put on this bar getting built and the profits not going to SMFC.

I also disagree with bar profits not going directly to SMFC and then the playing squad.

Question: Why don’t the SMFC board put it to the fans 800 of the support give us £120 this will cover the cost of the fit out (given the fig of £100k) you will be a member. All the proceeds of the bar on match days, and all other functions that we can get will go directly in to the playing staff.

And when the bar is up and running there is a £20 per year member’s fee.

That sounds like a winning idea. Tell you what if Stewart Gilmour doesn't take you up on it I've got a business idea that needs finance too. I'd quite like to get 800 mugs people pay £120 to help fund it for me, and I love the idea that they would also give me £20 worth of guaranteed business every year as well. And don't worry you'll all get the same opportunity to buy my products and services too just as you would the club bar. If I make a profit I promise I'll reinvest some of it in the business but as a proper shareholder I intend to retain the right to pay those profits to myself in the form of dividends if I feel like it.

Not a bad shout......only a significant number of the pledgers have no interest in the bar as they aren't local.

Another way to fund the bar would be to up the season ticket prices - that way everyone likely to use the bar would be paying for it. Even better up the season ticket price to £1,000 per year and we can splash out on players, digital scoreboards and our own SKY TV channel. :P

I can't remember who it was now St Sid but maybe 10 years ago, perhaps a bit longer back, I was approached by a St Mirren fan who had created a proposal for the old main stand at Love Street. I can't remember the maths exactly but I think he wanted 300 people to invest £5000 each in the construction of a new bar / nightclub on the site of the main stand which, on the outside would take the form of a new main stand. What made the idea a bit more interesting was the idea that we'd all own equal shares in the bar and we'd share the profits - if there were any - equally. The benefit to the club was it would have a shiny new stand, changing rooms, offices etc. Nothing came of it in the end. I guess he didn't get enough people indicating an interest but it was a better idea than CK1's here.

I think some people aren't doing the proper maths here. The bar will hold 200 (250max). 800 into 200 doesn't go. What happens to everyone else who forks out for bar entry? You would need to re-do the sums for 200 people paying in. Figures aren't that impressive any more.

That sounds like a winning idea. Tell you what if Stewart Gilmour doesn't take you up on it I've got a business idea that needs finance too. I'd quite like to get 800 mugs people pay £120 to help fund it for me, and I love the idea that they would also give me £20 worth of guaranteed business every year as well. And don't worry you'll all get the same opportunity to buy my products and services too just as you would the club bar. If I make a profit I promise I'll reinvest some of it in the business but as a proper shareholder I intend to retain the right to pay those profits to myself in the form of dividends if I feel like it.

Pot Kettle, I don't think you have understood the post :huh: This way the money will go direct to St.Mirren rather than going to pay off a loan to buy 52% of the club with no money going back in until it is paid off.

I think some people aren't doing the proper maths here. The bar will hold 200 (250max). 800 into 200 doesn't go. What happens to everyone else who forks out for bar entry? You would need to re-do the sums for 200 people paying in. Figures aren't that impressive any more.

Correct me if I’m wrong but are there not over 700 Pledges Received already for CIC and they will all become members along with a guest, so your argument doesn’t stand up

Pot Kettle, I don't think you have understood the post :huh: This way the money will go direct to St.Mirren rather than going to pay off a loan to buy 52% of the club with no money going back in until it is paid off.

I understood it alright. :rolleyes: This St Mirren you speak of is a limited company with shareholders who could award themselves dividends if they so wish. You and your 800 mates could hand over your £120 per year and none of you would have any guarantee at all that the profits from the bar would find its way to the playing budget. All you would have done is increase the potential value of the club to the immediate benefit of the five members of the selling consortium.

Correct me if I’m wrong but are there not over 700 Pledges Received already for CIC and they will all become members along with a guest, so your argument doesn’t stand up

Oh FFS, are you still working on the presumption that all each one of those 700 people are interested in is this f**king pub! Jesus!!! :rolleyes:

Of course the argument still stands up. If there is room for 200 people in a bar, then you can't have 700 in on a match day, can you?

There are 19 home games a season. £10 a month for entry = £6.32 for every week you would want to go to the bar. But not everyone will get in. Doing the sums, one person would get in 5 times a season. Meaning it would cost around £30 for every time a fan goes into the bar. Then you will need to pay for drink on top of that.

A good deal for fans?? Aye OK then.

Of course the argument still stands up. If there is room for 200 people in a bar, then you can't have 700 in on a match day, can you?

There are 19 home games a season. £10 a month for entry = £6.32 for every week you would want to go to the bar. But not everyone will get in. Doing the sums, one person would get in 5 times a season. Meaning it would cost around £30 for every time a fan goes into the bar. Then you will need to pay for drink on top of that.

A good deal for fans?? Aye OK then.

If the only reason for joining/becoming a memeber of the CIC is to have access to a bar then I would seriously consider whether your £10.00 per month spend was worthwhile. with that said I think the "void" area has room for around 600 standing, 350 seated and there was another figure mentioned for "theatre set-up". I may be wrong but I'm sure I read that somewhere or heard it at one of the meetings.

Edited by WeeBud

If the only reason for joining/becoming a memeber of the CIC is to have access to a bar then I would seriously consider whether your £10.00 per month spend was worthwhile. with that said I think the "void" area has room for around 600 standing, 350 seated and there was another figure mentioned for "theatre set-up". I may be wrong but I'm sure I read that somewhere or heard it at one of the meetings.

Agree with this. Not sure where the 200 limit came from. At the meeting I'm sure I heard this would hold at least 600, possibly more. Also true that if your £10 a month is purely to get you in to the bar, and nowt else, then it probably isn't worth it.

The void area is the same size as the current hospitality suite. However, not all of this space is bar space. There are offices in the plan as well which are to be used by the kibble.

The space for punters is safely 200-250.

Your info may be more up to date than mine as I haven't seen "the plan" and only relying on figures quoted by the CIC. If, however, Kibble or anyone else is having offices in the void area then they will presumably be paying rental to St Mirren for the use of the space thus raising funds for the club. Must be pretty big offices though if they are going to take up two thirds of the available space.

well if the "big deal" of the CiC is members getting a bar lets look at something or am I being silly again................... ok lets say it will take 300 punters................mmmmmmmmmmmm 700 ordinary pledges............... ok not all will use bar, but its going to be one hell of a scramble to get into bar after match for anyone thats not in the main stand. If 100 members from the main stand all sign in a "friend" it will be 2/3 full.....

This is not taking into account of any community and Corporate members using the bar as well

So the only thing thats being offered from the CiC is a bar that most of us will not be able to gain access too (on match days).

well if the "big deal" of the CiC is members getting a bar lets look at something or am I being silly again................... ok lets say it will take 300 punters................mmmmmmmmmmmm 700 ordinary pledges............... ok not all will use bar, but its going to be one hell of a scramble to get into bar after match for anyone thats not in the main stand. If 100 members from the main stand all sign in a "friend" it will be 2/3 full.....

This is not taking into account of any community and Corporate members using the bar as well

So the only thing thats being offered from the CiC is a bar that most of us will not be able to gain access too (on match days).

Better that it is busy. Better atmosphere and plenty cash over the bar......the more in it the longer the night will go on....until well after Otto Repoman falls asleep in his beer. :P

I, like many CIC members take the kids to games, so I will be using it rarely...mibbae a wee pre-match beer when Mrs V will be there to watch the sidlettes. As per a previous post a fair chunk of the members are far flung fuds....and quite a few season ticket holders that will be CIC members will drive to games. That being said it will still be busy, which is great.

I can understand the annoyance of some members on here regarding the comments about numbers in the supporters bar. It may initialy sound a bit of a whinge and i agree it's not the MAIN resason why anyone should sign up for the cic. But if 700 people are allocated a cic membership with the right to attend the bar and sign another in can you not apprieciate that you might have some unhappy members if they can't gain access. I'm thinking this could happen at the begining when intrest in the facility is at its hight and the last thing i want to see in the papers or local news is disgruntled St Mirren fans giving negative plubicity. You all know there are some in the 700 who would do so. Personaly i just want to see this bid carry positive momentum with the whole of Paisley behind it.

I can understand the annoyance of some members on here regarding the comments about numbers in the supporters bar. It may initialy sound a bit of a whinge and i agree it's not the MAIN resason why anyone should sign up for the cic. But if 700 people are allocated a cic membership with the right to attend the bar and sign another in can you not apprieciate that you might have some unhappy members if they can't gain access. I'm thinking this could happen at the begining when intrest in the facility is at its hight and the last thing i want to see in the papers or local news is disgruntled St Mirren fans giving negative plubicity. You all know there are some in the 700 who would do so. Personaly i just want to see this bid carry positive momentum with the whole of Paisley behind it.

Would love our bar to be filled for every home game.....wouldn't it be great if we could get the away games shown live in the bar, especially midweek games. That would bring in a few punters.

Would love our bar to be filled for every home game.....wouldn't it be great if we could get the away games shown live in the bar, especially midweek games. That would bring in a few punters.

Imagine we are 1 year ahead of where we are now. The champions league final is to be screened in both the corporate function suite and the bar. You can book a table with a 5 course meal for £50 or just come along to the bar and enjoy a few pints in the best sports bar in paisley. Reckon we could generate at least £10000 profit from such an event. The league cup final sold 250 seats in the corporate facility when the club put on the event.