Final Q&A & Sign Up Meeting

div

Was wondering if the CIC should arrange a final meeting down at the club, open invite to anyone who wants to come down and take part in a simple straight forward Q&A session, have a pint, have a chat about it all, and sign up the DD forms on the night if they are convinced ?

Maybe have the new strips on show as well, and to talk about the plans post takeover if it does indeed go through.

Just strikes me that there is still a lot of doubt kicking around, and that more forms are likely to be signed on the night if people have had their questions answered directly.

Thoughts ?

It would certainly be something I would be open to.

My stance has changed somewhat as the process has developed from being ready to commit to being very suspicious of the CiC and the motives behind the proposers of the idea's involvement.

as things stand my DD is still in my in box and will remain there till I am better convinced that this is good for our club.

Only if we have a structured debate, with RA and the 'Kibble Kid' on one side, and Yul/Animal on the other.

Let's hear the arguments for and against. THAT will sway more people either way - and means that the 'NO' CIC camp have a chance to try and convince that it's not good for the club with facts, figures and the like.

Then no-one can say that we DIDN'T give all options a chance.

Edited by Leith Buddie

Only if we have a structured debate, with RA and the 'Kibble Kid' on one side, and Yul/Animal on the other.

Let's hear the arguments for and against. THAT will sway more people either way - and means that the 'NO' CIC camp have a chance to try and convince that it's not good for the club with facts, figures and the like.

Then no-one can say that we DIDN'T give all options a chance.

Yes I don't think that is a bad idea at all. The whole process should be transparent, open and honest. If there are those within our support that genuinely believe this project is a bad move for the club then they have to stand up and be counted and a public Q&A will give them that platform. I am sure the CIC guys would even allow those guys to take the mic and address the audience if they so wished ?

Good idea Div. It would, from my point of view anyway, be more interesting if we could do something slightly different from the previous public meetings. Having RA and Jim Mullan face the same sort of questioning again could only achieve so much. Of course RA and Jim Mullan should be there to take and answer questions, but I'd like to hear more from the consortium's POV. There's three main players in this deal actually happening - 10000hours, the consortium, and the funders. I've heard precious little from the 5 consortium members. SG spoke mostly about the SPL and how the Chairmen each had their own agenda, with little chance of any new structure being agreed. All well and good - I want to hear SG and maybe George Campbell get up in front of us and tell us their views, and to answer questions from the floor.

Edited by pozbaird

All well and good - I want to hear SG and maybe George Campbell get up in front of us and tell us their views, and to answer questions from the floor.

I'm not convinced that these guys would feel comfortable talking about the CIC. After all the CIC is not really their idea.

I've heard Stewart Gilmour talk about it briefly twice and on both occasions he has said categorically that the CIC is definitely the best offer out there. He has also explained why he has made the decision to sell. I'm not sure that they could add an awful lot more.

I imagine that they would simply be asked over and over again why they are selling the shares for £2 million and not giving them away for free.

I think another meeting about the CIC is a good idea. It would be good to get an update on progress I think.

Was wondering if the CIC should arrange a final meeting down at the club, open invite to anyone who wants to come down and take part in a simple straight forward Q&A session, have a pint, have a chat about it all, and sign up the DD forms on the night if they are convinced ?

Maybe have the new strips on show as well, and to talk about the plans post takeover if it does indeed go through.

Just strikes me that there is still a lot of doubt kicking around, and that more forms are likely to be signed on the night if people have had their questions answered directly.

Thoughts ?

Happy to look at putting this on.

As other posters have said in this thread it would be good to have a slightly different format.

Happy to listen to any suggestions, like the debate style or just a number of the 10000hours folk being avaliable in the room.

So please get your suggestions in below

10000hours CIC

Happy to look at putting this on.

As other posters have said in this thread it would be good to have a slightly different format.

Happy to listen to any suggestions, like the debate style or just a number of the 10000hours folk being avaliable in the room.

So please get your suggestions in below

10000hours CIC

Suggestions:

Someone from the consortium to be available to answer questions specifically relating to the CIC from their viewpoint, how they see their investment as corporate members shaping their future involvement in club affairs (if any), and if they don't plan to take an active role, what advice would they give to those coming in to replace them.

Information being made available in regard to the number of pledges being turned into filled in direct debit forms.

A proper 15 minute break in proceedings to allow comfort breaks and drinks to be bought.

Some more detail on a timetable of events should the deal conclude.

No Powerpoint allowed. B)

DEBATE.

I'm all for debate but I think it have to be carefully managed.

A debate about the CIC would work much better if the people opposed to the CIC had some alternative plan in mind.

Someone standing up and hurling abuse at Richard Atkinson and asking "What's in it for you?" over and over again does not exactly constitute a debate in my opinion.

(That said if there was someone out there who could voice their opposition in a reasonable and constructive manner, it might be a worthwhile exercise. Although it may be hard to take anybody seriously when they are dressed as a cowboy!)

I think it would be a good to have a straight up Q&A session with a panel up top to take questions from the meeting delegates. Have somebody like Willie Bell act as the Chair of the meeting to ensur everybody gets their say, but also to ensure looneys like Michelle Evans don't hog the floor - better people like that get short shrift from an independent party to avoid hissyfits.

It would also be great if we could set something up so the Far Flung Fuds could be involved. A live feed on B&WArmy of the answers being given, and a one question from the floor, one question from the FFFs.

As has happen above I think there has to be an open invitation for people that are dead set against the CIC to be part of the panel. They should be allowed to put forward their side of the story irrespective of how mental they might be. Come on animal - you can do it!!! :lol:

I am far from convinced that there is a huge number of supporters out there still swithering. I do think there are a few that require an offline way to process their CIC interest. The meeting could kill two birds with one stone. Firstly the dissentors would have an open invitation to make their case, and secondly the offline supporters could pick up their form on the night.

Give me plenty of notice so I can organise babysitters though - will fancy a few beers to watch the final showdown when the Magnificent 7 finally rides into town. :lol:

Here is an idea for a bit of light 'black and white' relief if and when this event happens.

Allen (FS) and I have put together a wee 15 minute video on the dreaded 'H' word. For younger forum users, this relates to a European UEFA Cup match at Love Street in 1985 against Hammarby of Sweden. It's widely considered by some (me) as one of the worst ever results at Love Street in Paisley in over 114 years of football there. We lost in true 'snatching defeat from the jaws of victory' fashion, big time.

It is so far unused/unseen footage filmed at the time of the Love Street Movie DVD over two years ago now. It again features the likes of Tony F, Bill Leckie, Stewart Gilmour and some posters from here. We tried to keep it funny, even though it is such dark subject.

We could have a wee screening after the formal discussion only for those interested or who wanted to stay on. We would then publish online again afterwards free of charge of course, just for Shull.

Dunno, just a thought, he says getting his coat........

Steve

Here is an idea for a bit of light 'black and white' relief if and when this event happens.

Allen (FS) and I have put together a wee 15 minute video on the dreaded 'H' word. For younger forum users, this relates to a European UEFA Cup match at Love Street in 1985 against Hammarby of Sweden. It's widely considered by some (me) as one of the worst ever results at Love Street in Paisley in over 114 years of football there. We lost in true 'snatching defeat from the jaws of victory' fashion, big time.

It is so far unused/unseen footage filmed at the time of the Love Street Movie DVD over two years ago now. It again features the likes of Tony F, Bill Leckie, Stewart Gilmour and some posters from here. We tried to keep it funny, even though it is such dark subject.

We could have a wee screening after the formal discussion only for those interested or who wanted to stay on. We would then publish online again afterwards free of charge of course, just for Shull.

Steve

I'm in....... it'll keep the bar open longer. :cheers

Steve

Maybe just before we all go home, we could watch a video of the 2010 League Cup Final 2nd half. During the comfort breaks, have some select moments from the losing 1980s cup semis on loop - getting pelted with coins by the Govan hordes, the ball going through Billy's legs, the spawny looping up and over the goalie Sellik goal, the ball that was never over the line, the lack of segregation v r*ngers at Sellik Park, and footage of their fans playing flutes and wearing sashes in Sellik's normal home end.... would be difficult to replicate the smell of pish as the Govan hordes pissed all over Sellik Park.

Aye, let's make a night of it. :D

Steve

Yep, I can sign my DD from during it ! :lol:

Steve

It would certainly be something I would be open to.

My stance has changed somewhat as the process has developed from being ready to commit to being very suspicious of the CiC and the motives behind the proposers of the idea's involvement.

as things stand my DD is still in my in box and will remain there till I am better convinced that this is good for our club.

Have you been listening to people on this forum?

If so then you shouldnt be trusted with your own bank card never mind an adult decision over something like the cic.

Get it filled in, get it posted and behave yourself!

Have you been listening to people on this forum?

If so then you shouldnt be trusted with your own bank card never mind an adult decision over something like the cic.

Get it filled in, get it posted and behave yourself!

It is now time to stand on your own 2 feet with regards this proposal. I agree that a sign up meeting should be held for the many fans who have not been able to engauge in the debate online or attend the

previous 2 meetings. For the rest of us just put up or shut up! There realy is no need for anyone on here who has posted a reasonable question to be wishing more clarification on any aspect of the deal as it

has all been answered. If you are a morbid whinger who goes around in life seeing all as a con then please renew you season ticket and let the rest of us buy into the cic. An example of what i'm talking about

is the response to an earlier question on one of the threads which questioned if REA had put a 6 figure sum into the club. If he had said yes then the whingers would come on and demand to know what

profit he would gain. If he said no the whingers would come on and say he has made no commitment. He declined to comment which made the whingers even more, well whingy. After another post regarding

a charge against St Mirren he came out and answered both questions with the fact he had allocated £100,000 to St MIrren from his company as a short term loan while the club was awaiting the same figure

tax rebate. This has now been recieved by the club and the loan payed back. I back the previous post. "Get it filled in, get it posted and behave yourself!"

As an add on I do think the post about the £100,000 was obviously well informed and a reasonable question from whoever posted it The main whingers don't seem to have this kind of structured questioning and i would not assosiate the question with a whinge. What i would really like to see on here are the guys who operate this site create REA with a cricket bat and every time he or the cic destroy an argument against (as they consistently have) show him smacking the ball for 6.

As an add on I do think the post about the £100,000 was obviously well informed and a reasonable question from whoever posted it The main whingers don't seem to have this kind of structured questioning and i would not assosiate the question with a whinge. What i would really like to see on here are the guys who operate this site create REA with a cricket bat and every time he or the cic destroy an argument against (as they consistently have) show him smacking the ball for 6.

REA has hardly destroyed the argument, which I brought to the attention of other people like me: St. Mirren fans. He merely confirmed that Maxi Group have an element of financial control over St. Mirren which is not a legal neccessity. To lend money between two Private Limited Companies, does not legally neccessitate a charge being brought aginst the company receiving the money.

You made the point that my point was well informed. I am saddened that a lot of the people who are against the CIC are simply not doing their homework to find out what is going on, the information is there to see. It also saddens me that people who support the CIC do not know whats going on either way. Every fan has the opportunity to be well informed.

What we all want is whats best for the club and everyone has their opinion on how that should be achieved, and that is how it should be, the world would be a pretty boring place if we all agreed. But why don't people go out and get all the information that is out there. I in no way intend to get peoples backs up over this, but I am finding that people who are Anti CIC decided to be this way and are running with it, i am also finding that people who are PRO CIC have listened to the man with the plan and no-one else.

If there is another Q&A, I'd go.

Edited by uhhu