Have you honoured your Pledge?

ds10

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm interested to know, now that we've all had some time to think about it, and to discuss the issues with the posse of hilarious comedy cowboys that have suddenly ridden into town, whether everyone is planning on signing up for the CIC?

I am a bit sceptical about how accurate a poll like this can be, but we can always compare the final results with the actual CIC numbers once everything is done and dusted.

I didn't really feel comfortable directly asking 10000Hours for this information directly as I'm sure they are all working very hard on collating it at the moment!!

For the record, I have already returned my direct debit form!

Didn't get the email. I'll probably get around to doing it.

Must admit to being far less enthused about the CiC.

Not having a pop, but why is that ? Is it purely down to what you have read on forums ?

Dunno Div, I believe in supporters directly owning a share in their clubs as SMiSA and the supporters direct model. The CiC isn't quite that, but will see hopefully at least a fan on the St Mirren FC ltd board and more through the CiC

I'm not convinced a supporters bar would turn enough if a profit and I wouldn't sign up for that alone as I'm not bothered about having a drink pre/post match. Although st least the CiC have thought through alternate during the week uses.

I've read some of the criticisms and comments on the main thread and I'm not convinced by the arguments against the CiC, but I'm sort of getting meh about why the CiC is the only show in town. I'm very meh about the £2M asking price and paying £10 a month just to pay off the current BoD.

I think not getting the emails through is a niggle, would have been great if they came straight through. As i said I will get around to it, but my enthuasim has waned just that wee bit.

Dunno Div, I believe in supporters directly owning a share in their clubs as SMiSA and the supporters direct model. The CiC isn't quite that, but will see hopefully at least a fan on the St Mirren FC ltd board and more through the CiC

I'm not convinced a supporters bar would turn enough if a profit and I wouldn't sign up for that alone as I'm not bothered about having a drink pre/post match. Although st least the CiC have thought through alternate during the week uses.

I've read some of the criticisms and comments on the main thread and I'm not convinced by the arguments against the CiC, but I'm sort of getting meh about why the CiC is the only show in town. I'm very meh about the £2M asking price and paying £10 a month just to pay off the current BoD.

I think not getting the emails through is a niggle, would have been great if they came straight through. As i said I will get around to it, but my enthuasim has waned just that wee bit.

Fair enough. I'm a big believer in not letting momentum drop when you have it going. It's much easier to push things through when you have a head of steam up, once you let it drop it can be very difficult to get it back.

The CIC has suffered from a lot of delays that they could have done without, but it's a complex process and I think they reached a criticial point where there were so many rumours about online that they had to go public and engage directly with the supporters.

Having done that they were then reluctant to just start chucking out direct debit forms without being sure there was going to be adequate interest, so it has all taken time and that does put people off.

I think also the fact that people have to print off the forms, sign it, put it in an envelope, get a stamp and go and post it is a barrier they could have done without. Of course it's a trivial process but it is a barrier nonetheless. I am not sure if/why it couldn't have been done online, but I genuinely think that a final simple Q&A at the stadium where people can sign up on the night will be a big help in pushing up sign up figures.

The CIC is not the only show in town, the selling consortium have had other offers from other parties.

If the CIC doesn't happen then it doesn't happen, it could be because the funding doesn't come through, it could be that the fans don't fancy it.

That is all fair enough.

If it's apathy that causes it to fail then it's a crying shame.

I scanned mines and sent it by email but apparently that's no use so I posted the original last night.

I can understand where Chico is coming from as I've got my reservations and frustrations too but I've bought into the potential rather than the reality. I hope to be able to hold a much more informed opinion in a few hours time.

I scanned mines and sent it by email but apparently that's no use so I posted the original last night.

I can understand where Chico is coming from as I've got my reservations and frustrations too but I've bought into the potential rather than the reality. I hope to be able to hold a much more informed opinion in a few hours time.

Got a meeting with 'Yul' lined up?

I sent mine off. I buy into the whole Community thing as much as helping SMFC. Yes there are risks and uncertainties but nothing in life is guaranteed. We have got to give it our best shot and resort to Plan B if Plan A doesn't work out. At the moment the CiC looks on paper to be the best deal for everyone concerned. Lets go for it!

I sent mine off. I buy into the whole Community thing as much as helping SMFC. Yes there are risks and uncertainties but nothing in life is guaranteed. We have got to give it our best shot and resort to Plan B if Plan A doesn't work out. At the moment the CiC looks on paper to be the best deal for everyone concerned. Lets go for it!

Unless you've been privy to the other deals offered I don't see how you can make an informed judgement on that.

I'm not saying it isn't. I just can't say it is as no one has made public the details of any other offers that were put to the outgoing consortium and what was claimed by those bidders, re their objectives and desires for Saint Mirren FC.

All I know is the outgoing shareholders are getting their asking price if the CiC succeeds in getting financilal backing.

I won't vote here as I said I changed my mind on the OS poll.

My decision is based on a lot more than the rantings of hotdiggity and Yul, in case you ask.

This could change again depending on the suggested meeting touted by div.

Edited by stlucifer

Unless you've been privy to the other deals offered I don't see how you can make an informed judgement on that.

I'm not saying it isn't. I just can't say it is as no one has made public the details of any other offers that were put to the outgoing consortium and what was claimed by those bidders, re their objectives and desires for Saint Mirren FC.

All I know is the outgoing shareholders are getting their asking price if the CiC succeeds in getting financilal backing.

My decision is based on a lot more than the rantings of hotdiggity and Yul, in case you ask.

That sounds like a clear indication that a further meeting/presentation is needed.

It is a worry that the cic may have lost some momentum due to the time delay between the previous meetings and the forms going out.

If a further bout of meetings are announced I would encourage EVERY ST MIRREN supporter who has not pledged to attend. Information costs nothing and I am confident that the more fans who hear what the cic has to say then the more fans that will sign up for it.

That sounds like a clear indication that a further meeting/presentation is needed.

Far be it for me to speak on behalf of Richard Atkinson or 10000Hours but he posted this on the official site yesterday

Re: Question and Answer Evening

31 May 2011, 23:17:35

We have some important meetings coming up which will confirm the involvment or not of two significant funders.

If this goes well then we will have another public meeting.

However I am also more than happy to meet you one on one if it makes your travel arrangements easier.

If this appeals then please drop me an e-mail to [email protected]

Richard Atkinson

On behalf of 10000hours

Far be it for me to speak on behalf of Richard Atkinson or 10000Hours but he posted this on the official site yesterday

Re: Question and Answer Evening

31 May 2011, 23:17:35

We have some important meetings coming up which will confirm the involvment or not of two significant funders.

If this goes well then we will have another public meeting.

However I am also more than happy to meet you one on one if it makes your travel arrangements easier.

If this appeals then please drop me an e-mail to [email protected]

Richard Atkinson

On behalf of 10000hours

Well done.

These 10000hrs fellows really are on the ball.

I think it is a shame that the online debate got lost in the mudslinging behaviour of some aliases. There are clearly some supporters who are swithering and there is an important debate around genuine concerns that should have taken place.

I think for genuinely concerned fans like you it would be well worth taken up the open offer to meet with Richie Rich on a one to one basis. You can discuss your concerns openly with him, without it being hi-jacked by overly defensive CIC supporters or the mudslinging not so magnificent seven.

You will get a much greater insight into the CIC and it will also be an opportunity for you to express what sort of club you would like to see in the future. The offer of the meeting is a great opportunity to get an insight into the workings of the club as well as the proposed workings of the CIC. Well worth a wee bit of your time. :)

Good for you Stuart glad to see you onboard.

No I dont have privy to anything that is not already out there. The CiC offer is the only game in town so its the only one I can consider and its the only one that is allowing the fans to be involved. The selling consortium rejected the other offers so its not a point for any further discussion and was irrelevant to the supporters anyway in that they had no influence one way or another. If the consortium had accepted another deal then we would just have had to accept it as well. No discussion. No debate. No involvement.

The objective of the CiC is very admirable - helping the local community as well as the club - and many who have got to know RA vouch for his enthusiasm and ideas and believe him to be honest. Any outstanding issues anyone may have can be addressed personally to the man in a one-to-one meeting. Not many take overs would offer that level of personal discussion.

At the end of the day you either buy into a dream or you dont. For any dream to be realised an amount of faith is required. Div alluded to the need to keep momentum going. In any situation you have to make a decision then back it to the hilt until you find further challenges then you review and change accordingly. Doing nothing but fretting on the sidelines creates negative energy and nothing changes.

I suggest that anyone who has unresolved questions either posts them on the Q&A thread or takes up RA's open offer to meet. Make a decision and if its a yes then go for it with enthusiasm.