What would you do?

Train I thought. SPT proposal.

still reckon smfc could do it cheaper, they would want to recoup costs for building/refurbishing a car park as i dont think there are any decent sized carparks near the station, plus the traffic in the area is a nightmare in the morning and indeed in the early evening. Greenhill road suffers from non of those issues.

I would buy a fleet of black and white minibuses, via sponsorship / grants and by badgering the council about their useless transport policies. The first thing I would do is paint some large!! Giant St Mirren logos and maybe a 10’000 hour’s one.

These “St Mirren busses” would then be offered out or used in conjunction with 10’000 hour community partners (Another benefit of their £500 / year) or other local causes such as Football teams, Scout Groups, Boys Brigade. These buses would be the embodiment and free advertisement for what St Mirren in this community can be about.

Picture the scene of during the day a bus moving about Paisley picking up pensioners taking them to the OAP lunch at St Mirren Park. At night being used by the local boys clubs to pick up and drop off kids from football matches. At the weekend being used to take our away support to Inverness or Aberdeen replacing the 2 coaches at £1000 a go.

There's plans for a parknride somewhere near St James station, dunno where, but the Council and SPT have plans for a parknride.

Think you may find it's the old airport carpark in Clark Street.

Opposite side of railway line from football ground.post-4944-0-30969500-1307444920_thumb.jp

Think you may find it's the old airport carpark in Clark Street.

Opposite side of railway line from football ground.post-4944-0-30969500-1307444920_thumb.jp

Woops thought the previous poster said Gilmour street station. still believe that the club could do something regarding this, particularly as there are already plans afoot. must be regarded as a fairly viable project if plans are indeed in place. We could at least provide some competition, but wouvd prefer if we couvd strike a deal with SPT, seen as we have a huge carpark right aross from the station!!

Woops thought the previous poster said Gilmour street station. still believe that the club could do something regarding this, particularly as there are already plans afoot. must be regarded as a fairly viable project if plans are indeed in place. We could at least provide some competition, but wouvd prefer if we couvd strike a deal with SPT, seen as we have a huge carpark right aross from the station!!

Where would you park and ride on match day.

Where would you park and ride on match day.

You wouldn't, you'd be watching the football.

Alongside this, ridiculous as it may sound, there could be merit in an airport parking scheme. Perhaps even use some of the undeveloped land that the club owns. Couple this with a valet service and employ kibble kids and some locals to do the parking and car cleaning and security and to drive the bus back and forth, you could even set up a training programme with some local employment agency to train bus drivers or car washers and the likes.

I would like to see the creation and subsequent development of a ladies football team linked with SMFC.

We could start an attractive womans football league.

Basically players are not picked on there footballing ability but for there looks. That would sell the tickets!

We could start an attractive womans football league.

Basically players are not picked on there footballing ability but for there looks. That would sell the tickets!

And you expect to get a team of 11 from Paisley...!!! :lol::lol: :lol:

I've told you before Sid - Renfrewshire's got no talent. You've got to get out more... :rolleyes:

Want proof? Look at this seasons Scottish Cup Finals.

Under 13's - Fauldhouse Foxes (West Lothian) v Syngenta Juveniles (West Lothian)

Under 14's - Antonine Blacks (Dunbartonshire) v Tynecastle FC (Edinburgh)

Under 15's - Clark Drive Boys Club (Ayrshire) v Edina Hibs (Edinburgh)

Under 16's - Dyce Boys Club (Aberdeen) v Hutchison Vale (Edinburgh)

Under 17's - Goldenhill BC (Clydebank) v Banks 'O Dee Albion (Aberdeen)

Under 19's - Bonnyton (Kilmarnock) v Whitburn (West Lothian)

I wouldn't be too worried about Renfrewshire football as it's clearly a bag of shit. :P

Antonine Blacks are a P&D team who got beat by St Peters in a local final at the weekend.

I don't see any Lanarkshire teams up there

It seems the East rule the roost at the moment

Antonine Blacks are a P&D team who got beat by St Peters in a local final at the weekend.

I don't see any Lanarkshire teams up there

It seems the East rule the roost at the moment

I was pointing put to Sid that targeting Renfrewshire only was futile and stupid but yeah the East do rule the roost.

Lanarkshire dominates the Central Region squad at Under 13 level with 6 players from Wishaw Wycombe alone but at that level the clubs - Moorlands, Wishaw Wycombe and Airdrie all exited in the Quarters

Well that's it guys.....

............it is time to move on and see what we as St Mirren and Paisley can acheive. We are a true enigma of a club. Not long ago the biggest town in the UK,( population 190,000) we have suffered not only by having a majority old firm support in the town but a decline in the standard of football which has seen attendances drop off to fake saint levels. ......

Your heart's in the right place but your stats aren't...

Paisley population peaked at 100,000 afaik....

Your heart's in the right place but your stats aren't...

Paisley population peaked at 100,000 afaik....

Thanks for correcting my post and as my numbers were so emphatically wrong i will not protest if the cic decide to extract 19 quid from my account instead of ten

each month. I would be to affraid they used my post as evidence of how i calculate figures. So wire in Richard.

Yip. Renfrewshire as a whole has around 190,000.

Thanks Steve for making some sense of my previous post. As it was my intention to highlight the potential market which we have in Renfrewshire for new support and

community ventures. I am interested in what Motherwell are embarking on at this time and would like an input from anyone who has looked at their proposal and the

adv/dis of each of the ventures. I see Motherwell to be in a better starting position as they have no debt to pay but after that it looks less appealing. Can anyone tell

me what their stadium offers in terms of corporate facilities, amenities etc? I see us being able to grow the club with new money coming in not only directly from the

fans/ buisness and community but from the more sustainable resource of using the Stadium as a multi function events facility. My initial impression of the Well offer

seems to be about creating a £750,000 overdraft facility which John Boyle must have been servicing before he left. Anyone in the know?

I would buy a fleet of black and white minibuses, via sponsorship / grants and by badgering the council about their useless transport policies. The first thing I would do is paint some large!! Giant St Mirren logos and maybe a 10’000 hour’s one.

These “St Mirren busses” would then be offered out or used in conjunction with 10’000 hour community partners (Another benefit of their £500 / year) or other local causes such as Football teams, Scout Groups, Boys Brigade. These buses would be the embodiment and free advertisement for what St Mirren in this community can be about.

Picture the scene of during the day a bus moving about Paisley picking up pensioners taking them to the OAP lunch at St Mirren Park. At night being used by the local boys clubs to pick up and drop off kids from football matches. At the weekend being used to take our away support to Inverness or Aberdeen replacing the 2 coaches at £1000 a go.

Not a bad idea at all. Though I think costs would dictate that we start with one second hand bus and upgrade/add vehicles at a later date.

There was a minibus scheme in most local authorities that was available to approved sports clubs to use. I remember it being used as an incentive to get Motherwell Athletics Club through their Charter Mark Award, and it was certainly used as one of the benefits of being a Quality Mark football club when I started to take Wishaw Wycombe through their accreditation.

The problem with the scheme was that whilst the buses were available to use the driver had to have passed a MiDAS driving course and that then meant that you either had one person who HAD to take every team to events whether their kids were involved or not, or you had to fund a number of coaches going through a MiDAS training course - which also involves the time commitment.

The local authority minibuses in NLC were sold 18 months ago having, I'm told, only clocked up 8,000 miles in 3 years.

There was a minibus scheme in most local authorities that was available to approved sports clubs to use. I remember it being used as an incentive to get Motherwell Athletics Club through their Charter Mark Award, and it was certainly used as one of the benefits of being a Quality Mark football club when I started to take Wishaw Wycombe through their accreditation.

The problem with the scheme was that whilst the buses were available to use the driver had to have passed a MiDAS driving course and that then meant that you either had one person who HAD to take every team to events whether their kids were involved or not, or you had to fund a number of coaches going through a MiDAS training course - which also involves the time commitment.

The local authority minibuses in NLC were sold 18 months ago having, I'm told, only clocked up 8,000 miles in 3 years.

When i recall as a kid a double decker coming through Elderslie for free travel to Love Street it makes me think we might create that wonderful experience again under a cic

Can we have Reborn Saint sin binned for a blatent attempt at post building....for being a dick on a forum.....and for failing to achieve his goal as there's a second page to the board. :rolleyes:

Anyway back on topic.

At the SEN workshop I was at last week I listened as a gentleman described how SEN's are tendering for contracts on the PCS website. There were examples cited like Spartans NHS Dental Health Contract, and a contract for the delivery of a cycling proficiency test in one local authority. One of the delegates interrupted and shared his experience of the tendering process and said that he missed out on a tender because of a technicality on the tender document however what happened instead was a London based firm won the Dundee contract, they then charged a management fee and sub contracted it out to the SEN. Fair enough. We then went on to hear about how SEN's tick a number of boxes for Local Authority Procurement offices who have to consider the environment and social needs when awarding contracts.

It took my mind a wee while to tick through all that information and then I needed to speak to someone who owed a firm of tradesmen to see if it would be desirable to them to submit contracts to the local authority, first under their own name, and secondly under a consortia name - using their trade associations and qualification - run by an SEN where if the contract was won the SEN could deduct a management fee and sub contract the job to them. The response was surprisingly very positive. I tried another - yep they are up for it too - then a third and a fourth. It seemed too good to be true to I asked the initial expert if this was legal and ethical and the response is that yes it is, totally and absolutely.

So one of the many things I would do as a CIC is I would create a multi trade consortia which would tender for public sector contracts.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Quite like the idea of starting a female team, I assume they play on a Sunday though? Would certainly add a completely new dimension to the club, and hopefully would help bring in money. Would it not be quite expensive to start though? We'd have to sign players and coaches and stuff and our playing budget isn't that great at the moment...

It'd be great to scrap the 5 a-side pitches that we have at the moment and build some decent ones and think about a complex. I've played once on the current pitches and they're crap and too small, but it'd be great to have some good quality ones at a decent size.

Using the car park is great as well, waste of space at the moment - if we at least got people to pay a wee bit for easy access to St. James then we'd be getting money for nothing practically.

As for developing whatever land we possess, I think it'll be a while before we can afford to start building stuff there. Would be great to see just what we could do with the land, and really exciting to see it develop, but it's a while away I believe.

Quite like the idea of starting a female team, I assume they play on a Sunday though? Would certainly add a completely new dimension to the club, and hopefully would help bring in money. Would it not be quite expensive to start though? We'd have to sign players and coaches and stuff and our playing budget isn't that great at the moment...

It'd be great to scrap the 5 a-side pitches that we have at the moment and build some decent ones and think about a complex. I've played once on the current pitches and they're crap and too small, but it'd be great to have some good quality ones at a decent size.

Using the car park is great as well, waste of space at the moment - if we at least got people to pay a wee bit for easy access to St. James then we'd be getting money for nothing practically.

As for developing whatever land we possess, I think it'll be a while before we can afford to start building stuff there. Would be great to see just what we could do with the land, and really exciting to see it develop, but it's a while away I believe.

The wummins league play in the summer. Serial dafty Gordon Smith often cites it as a blueprint for proper football to move to the summer. I was asking the sidlette if she would like to watch wummins football in the summer. Not only did she say yes, she wanted to know if they had a girls team / football training course like St Mirren have. The partnership opportunity with Glasgow Ladies could be productive for both parties. Their numbers would go up for attracting fans and funding...and eventually playing talent.

Following on from the soft play request, we could have a wee pet zoo in the fenced off green area

I'd be concerned about the welfare of the Animals whenever the Old Firm supports came to our Stadium though, plus remember that guy in Focus in Linwood who combined his Veterinarian skills with his juggling skills?! :lol: