What would you do?

We've been over this before. The main reason I keep harking back to juvenile football is because that's where my area of expertise lies. It's only natural that if were to cite an example it would be from an area I know well and not something from the Ferguslie knitting and crochet, scone baking club. :rolleyes: And I've also pointed out to you that there will be other non St Mirren supporters signed up - certainly in the Community side and most likely in the Commercial side too and I've also asked you previously if you have a problem with Richard Atkinson having confirmed that when he initially got involved in the project he too wasn't a St Mirren supporter. Constantly bringing it back to this point seems bizarre in the extreme, and I'll ask you again would you be more comfortable if I wasn't a member?

The answer is No and I respect your right to become a member. The reason you might be different is that you have signed up on an individual membership which I think will be unique. The community/ Buisness deals are not all St Mirren supported and will depend on what they can achieve for themselves on a win/win scenario. I personaly think REA is one of very few people who could achieve this and we are fortunate to have him. My concern is he must stay on board for at least 5 years which as you have already picked up on might not be the case. I know Juvenile football is your scene but it might not fit in with the plans to use the resources at St Mirren park. The point I am trying to make is it might not suit your needs.

The answer is No and I respect your right to become a member. The reason you might be different is that you have signed up on an individual membership which I think will be unique. The community/ Buisness deals are not all St Mirren supported and will depend on what they can achieve for themselves on a win/win scenario. I personaly think REA is one of very few people who could achieve this and we are fortunate to have him. My concern is he must stay on board for at least 5 years which as you have already picked up on might not be the case. I know Juvenile football is your scene but it might not fit in with the plans to use the resources at St Mirren park. The point I am trying to make is it might not suit your needs.

Reborn Saint, I'm not sure what you mean by "your needs". There's no ulterior motive. I've got no interest in being anything more than an Individual Member. I'm certainly not about to seek election.

If you mean am I in it for the football club I help out with - no not really. I did try to get them on board as community members but after various exchanges of e-mails with Richard it became pretty apparent that it would be difficult to put anything concrete together without having the elected members in place and our committee decided not to get involved just yet - the exact words being that we should let someone else be the guinea pig. The football club is at a bit of a crossroads where we could go down the registered charity route, set up our own SEN, wait and see what Leeanne Dempster is doing at Motherwell, or we could jump on board with a parent CiC group as a member where I'm sure we'd be a valuable asset but much of the stuff I've talked about on here about being part of a buying group for kit is already happening without the need for a senior clubs involvement.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Reborn Saint, I'm not sure what you mean by "your needs". There's no ulterior motive. I've got no interest in being anything more than an Individual Member. I'm certainly not about to seek election.

If you mean am I in it for the football club I help out with - no not really. I did try to get them on board as community members but after various exchanges of e-mails with Richard it became pretty apparent that it would be difficult to put anything concrete together without having the elected members in place and our committee decided not to get involved just yet - the exact words being that we should let someone else be the guinea pig. The football club is at a bit of a crossroads where we could go down the registered charity route, set up our own SEN, wait and see what Leeanne Dempster is doing at Motherwell, or we could jump on board with a parent CiC group as a member where I'm sure we'd be a valuable asset but much of the stuff I've talked about on here about being part of a buying group for kit is already happening without the need for a senior clubs involvement.

To be honest Stuart it seems you have a vested interest in Juvenile football which I'm sure you are proud of and rightly so. As your location is Motherwell why would you consider moving to Paisley?. I think all the individual members of the cic will want to contribute in some way to making this a success and will be open to any suggestions which can generate profit. I don't think your plan for creating a Juvenile league has any chance of success at St Mirren park and you should now move on to what you can contribute as an individual member.

To be honest Stuart it seems you have a vested interest in Juvenile football which I'm sure you are proud of and rightly so. As your location is Motherwell why would you consider moving to Paisley?. I think all the individual members of the cic will want to contribute in some way to making this a success and will be open to any suggestions which can generate profit. I don't think your plan for creating a Juvenile league has any chance of success at St Mirren park and you should now move on to what you can contribute as an individual member.

Sorry - what? Where did I indicate I want to create a Juvenile league? Or move to Paisley? What kind of f**king lunatic would do that anyway? I think it's pretty obvious you haven't understood a thing about me.

My reference to having 10 teams, one from each league across the UK was just that. Those teams would be playing in their own leagues against other clubs from their own locations. The benefit I was outlining was that meant that St Mirren would be able to draw on having somewhere in the region of 500 fully qualified SFA coaches who amongst them would know every single good young footballer in their own leagues, being able to scout for St Mirren. Forget what's in it for me because there is absolutely nothing in it for me. I've been outlining a very simple, very basic target market which absolutely fits with what St Mirren FC do, and what 10000hours are trying to do in every single one of their own local communities.

Again.....I draw the conclusion that the biggest weakness is the Individual Member.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Sorry - what? Where did I indicate I want to create a Juvenile league? Or move to Paisley? What kind of f**king lunatic would do that anyway? I think it's pretty obvious you haven't understood a thing about me.

My reference to having 10 teams, one from each league across the UK was just that. Those teams would be playing in their own leagues against other clubs from their own locations. The benefit I was outlining was that meant that St Mirren would be able to draw on having somewhere in the region of 500 fully qualified SFA coaches who amongst them would know every single good young footballer in their own leagues, being able to scout for St Mirren. Forget what's in it for me because there is absolutely nothing in it for me. I've been outlining a very simple, very basic target market which absolutely fits with what St Mirren FC do, and what 10000hours are trying to do in every single one of their own local communities.

Again.....I draw the conclusion that the biggest weakness is the Individual Member.... :rolleyes:

I think I will leave you to whatever it is you want

I think I will leave you to whatever it is you want

Fair enough.

To give you some food for thought on a taste of what you are turning away.....

2,500 kids, all registered with their football clubs, all with a keen interest in all things football. Could they be attracted to Greenhill Road?

Volume purchase discounts on 12,500 units of kit per annum

Volume purchase discounts on 2,890 footballs per season.

A free scouting network of 540 fully qualified and registered coaches who'll watch around 37,500 footballers pa in all age groups right across the country.

A huge network of sponsors, businesses and tradesmen - possible Advertisers at St Mirren, hospitality customers or perhaps even Community Members?

Political contacts within 10 different local authorities, many of whom will be looking to dump sports facilities that they would regard as liabilities.

Access to schools across 10 different regions - if each town was similar to ours that access to around 25,000 school pupils. PCS contracts?

The opportunity to run co-branded community football academies and the possible SROI's attached.

Pie in the sky? Not at all. Every single figure is fully justifiable and completely reasonable and thats just from 10 clubs. Once you have the template set up for one, you could have 20, 30, 40, or more clubs cause so long as the benefit you give back in return makes it worthwhile the size and scope is limitless.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Pie in the sky?

Pie in the sky....perhaps.....pish in the sink definitely. :rolleyes:

Our award winning community football programme is doing very well. The opportunity for the CIC is in widening our reach beyond the footballing community. It is about maximising the excess resource a football club has due to its very short peak operating time. That is what is being done. What we are now seeing is the massive sulk brewing because it doesn't suit lawfud personal agenda. As part of that sulk we are seeing the fans slated, we are hearing about the CIC failing, no doubt at some point in the not too distant future REA will be villified for stealing lawfud's ideas despite the fact that the club has a team of community footballing professionals already with far more experience than lawfud at its disposal.

Business decisions will be made about the members that will best benefit the club by maximising the excess resources. Business decisions have already been made about utilising existing networks to glean the member support required to get the CIC up and running. lawfud rather than make enquiries about how he can help with the business plan has let his narcissistic personality disorder rule his head yet again and has opted to embark on another doomed personal crusade.

I doubt there will be anyone on B&WArmy that doesn't want to see us support all levels of football in RENFREWSHIRE as best we can; however such is the pompous, anti-St Mirren and generally arrogant presentation from lawfud that he does his "cause" more harm than good. If he had been serious about wanting to make a case for this then he could have created a new alias - instead he chose to make the case with his own flawed character as only a narcissistic personality disorder wombat would do. :P

Our award winning community football programme is doing very well. The opportunity for the CIC is in widening our reach beyond the footballing community. It is about maximising the excess resource a football club has due to its very short peak operating time. That is what is being done. What we are now seeing is the massive sulk brewing because it doesn't suit lawfud personal agenda. As part of that sulk we are seeing the fans slated, we are hearing about the CIC failing, no doubt at some point in the not too distant future REA will be villified for stealing lawfud's ideas despite the fact that the club has a team of community footballing professionals already with far more experience than lawfud at its disposal.

Business decisions will be made about the members that will best benefit the club by maximising the excess resources. Business decisions have already been made about utilising existing networks to glean the member support required to get the CIC up and running. lawfud rather than make enquiries about how he can help with the business plan has let his narcissistic personality disorder rule his head yet again and has opted to embark on another doomed personal crusade.

I doubt there will be anyone on B&WArmy that doesn't want to see us support all levels of football in RENFREWSHIRE as best we can; however such is the pompous, anti-St Mirren and generally arrogant presentation from lawfud that he does his "cause" more harm than good. If he had been serious about wanting to make a case for this then he could have created a new alias - instead he chose to make the case with his own flawed character as only a narcissistic personality disorder wombat would do. :P

huh.gif more reference to lawstud,aka this dickson chap.

Wtf would this guy even be interested in getting involved with St Mirren FC / CiC for. As I understand it this guy is a ' self exiled' St Mirren supporter who takes every opportunity to snipe and criticise at all things St Mirren. Is he so twisted and lacking in worthwhile pursuits that he has to spend energy noising St Mirren up. It must have been quite a rumping he received in the shower that he's still skulking around St Mirren loking to score , aherm , some cheapos.................

Hmm - if I didn't know better I might have thought your motive for your latest attack was an attempt to protect some sausage roll thief type on the Community team. Surely you wouldn't be guilty of hypocrisy again would you? :rolleyes:

As for the content - well obviously I'm not suggesting 10000hours ignore all other opportunities to focus on my idea - this would be something I'd like to see them develop alongside other initiatives. I'm sure one or two of the Commercial Members would like to see it too.

Anyway the idea is out there, it's not copyrighted and I've got no financial stake in it either. It's just a direction I'd like to see Scottish Football take for the benefit of Scottish football. I find it strange that so called football fans wouldn't want to see their team reach the widest possible audience but I guess that's parochialism for you which serves to back up my assertion that the biggest weakness in the whole CiC proposal is the Individual Members.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Hmm - if I didn't know better I might have thought your motive for your latest attack was an attempt to protect some sausage roll thief type on the Community team. Surely you wouldn't be guilty of hypocrisy again would you? :rolleyes:

As for the content - well obviously I'm not suggesting 10000hours ignore all other opportunities to focus on my idea - this would be something I'd like to see them develop alongside other initiatives. I'm sure one or two of the Commercial Members would like to see it too.

Anyway the idea is out there, it's not copyrighted and I've got no financial stake in it either. It's just a direction I'd like to see Scottish Football take for the benefit of Scottish football. I find it strange that so called football fans wouldn't want to see their team reach the widest possible audience but I guess that's parochialism for you which serves to back up my assertion that the biggest weakness in the whole CiC proposal is the Individual Members.

"Harumph....." would have been a far more effective introduction to your sulk. :P