Glasgow City Ladies Football Club

St. Sid

I think the oppportunity Glasgow City could bring us should not be underestimated. Was just googling them to see if the were all butch lezzies or whether there was a wid yi thread entrant. :P

The links they could bring to other football clubs could be potentially massive. They are champions elect in Scotland with upteen trophies on the trot. This puts them into the Ladies Champions League every year. They have friendly match links with top EPL clubs.

They also have an excellent away top made by Adidas:

awaykit2010_001.jpg

They have a pretty decent list of sponsorts that would increase our potential network for commercial investment.

I reckon we could land the Scotland Wummins Internationals as half the team is from GCL.

And Champions League football. Trip to the Czech Republic to support a Saints ladies team.

A few games in the summer to watch for those experiencing withdrawal symptons.

I'd be more than happy to take in their games at SMP. All we need is a wee name change. :P

Given both R*myers and C*ltic have launched ladies sides fairly recently, it's inevitable that they will feed on the bigots support base and scoop up talent.

Glasgow City have blazed a trail, but the OF will sooner or later use their resources to catch up.

A good point in development for St Mirren to help them stay ahead and hopefully a tie up benefits Saints too.

Dunno if that means sone sort of co-operation or something bigger, but it could be a good move.

If there was to be a partnership, that's all it will be - a partnership. There would be no renaming of GCL - they are a massive club and are proud of their independence and the fact that they aren't affiliated to a senior team.

In fact the whole reason RA got involved with the CIC was because GLC wanted to be the first ladies team in Scotland with their own facilities - RA was querying if that could be Ralston.

If they were to be affiliated with a team, I would imagine they would laugh at the thought of it being us. They are arguably on a scale with (mens) first division teams for size of club...albeit they don't have their own facilities.

And the point about OF dominance. When c*ltic first started , a lot of good players went to them for this reason. Over the last season or two there's been a backlash of players leaving them because the people that run the ladies team are basically dicks and the girls just don't enjoy playing for them.

And apparently r*ngers have got the most expensive subs in Scotland because you're paying for the 'privilege' of playing at Murray park!

As it happens my sister is a regular face at st.Mirren park and she plays for Glasgow 'B'. They at least have saints fans playing for them!

Good post Steve. I think it's a bit disrespectful and a bit presumptuous that St Mirren will charge in and re-brand or take over Glasgow ladies. For any partnership to work there has to be good relationships and I would suggest some of the guff on here could put these people off such a link up.

Show them the respect they are due.

Good post Steve. I think it's a bit disrespectful and a bit presumptuous that St Mirren will charge in and re-brand or take over Glasgow ladies. For any partnership to work there has to be good relationships and I would suggest some of the guff on here could put these people off such a link up.

Show them the respect they are due.

Yeah - should just add that the same goes for any other suggestions of name changes for community members. Fans have to realise that far from St Mirren being a predator in a hostile takeover situation these partners are paying £500 for the opportunity to work with St Mirren. If anything Glasgow Ladies would be more in a position to insist that St Mirren change their name. :P

If there was to be a partnership, that's all it will be - a partnership. There would be no renaming of GCL - they are a massive club and are proud of their independence and the fact that they aren't affiliated to a senior team.

In fact the whole reason RA got involved with the CIC was because GLC wanted to be the first ladies team in Scotland with their own facilities - RA was querying if that could be Ralston.

If they were to be affiliated with a team, I would imagine they would laugh at the thought of it being us. They are arguably on a scale with (mens) first division teams for size of club...albeit they don't have their own facilities.

And the point about OF dominance. When c*ltic first started , a lot of good players went to them for this reason. Over the last season or two there's been a backlash of players leaving them because the people that run the ladies team are basically dicks and the girls just don't enjoy playing for them.

And apparently r*ngers have got the most expensive subs in Scotland because you're paying for the 'privilege' of playing at Murray park!

As it happens my sister is a regular face at st.Mirren park and she plays for Glasgow 'B'. They at least have saints fans playing for them!

Nonsense, they are successful from a footballing persepective.....from a support perspective they don't have one. That is why the Gov needs to weigh in with funding to support wummins knockabouts. :P

They would benefit greatly from not just a partnership with St Mirren via the CIC but a complete rebranding. I'd go for something along the lines of "St Mirren's Sheilas" which could attract significant investment from a certain car insurance company. :P

Edited by St. Sid

Nonsense, they are successful from a footballing persepective.....from a support perspective they don't have one. That is why the Gov needs to weigh in with funding to support wummins knockabouts. :P

They would benefit greatly from not just a partnership with St Mirren via the CIC but a complete rebranding. I'd go for something along the lines of "St Mirren's Sheilas" which could attract significant investment from a certain car insurance company. :P

Priceless!!

green dot from me

How about seeing if Glasgow Ladies will play us in a pre season friendly, maybe the takings could be donated to charity.

I would love to see some of our boo boy fans form a team to play Glasgow Ladies with Gary Blues as their player manager. I would pay good money to see the ladies scud them. (fruedian choice of words) :P

I would love to see some of our boo boy fans form a team to play Glasgow Ladies with Gary Blues as their player manager. I would pay good money to see the ladies scud them. (fruedian choice of words) :P

How about a meet n greet/gala day/fund raiser once the cic kicks off. The community and corporate members could have stalls in the car park where the community members can wander around finding out about them, 10000 hours could have a stall explaining the idea to people and with a bunch of dd forms waiting to be completed. Maybe a beer tent and food on sale, if PACE are involved they could provide music or put on a show, the mobile pitches etc could be used to keep kids entertained. Then tie it all together with an exhibition match or open training session like the start of last season to get the support down to the ground.

How about a meet n greet/gala day/fund raiser once the cic kicks off. The community and corporate members could have stalls in the car park where the community members can wander around finding out about them, 10000 hours could have a stall explaining the idea to people and with a bunch of dd forms waiting to be completed. Maybe a beer tent and food on sale, if PACE are involved they could provide music or put on a show, the mobile pitches etc could be used to keep kids entertained. Then tie it all together with an exhibition match or open training session like the start of last season to get the support down to the ground.

I can see where you are going with this.......Glasgow Ladies wet t-shirt competition, £2-a-sponge-soak. :P

I can see where you are going with this.......Glasgow Ladies wet t-shirt competition, £2-a-sponge-soak. :P

It would certainly add to the fun :wink: and that's what it would be about, a fun day and a chance to get to know the community and corporate members a bit as well as maybe seeing Glasgow Ladies swap tops with the Buds.

It would certainly add to the fun :wink: and that's what it would be about, a fun day and a chance to get to know the community and corporate members a bit as well as maybe seeing Glasgow Ladies swap tops with the Buds.

I think it is a great idea. The opening day of the stadium was good where there was a lot happening around the ground with the community serivces pitching their wares in a marquee. Combine that sort of thing with the CIC Partners doing their typical gala day stuff plus what Danny did at the open day last season and we would be on a winner. Seem to remember a Radio Show at the stadium opening too.

If it helped St. Mirren Football Club out in any way whatsoever, I'd glady get my Double D's out...

• 3 months later...

St Mirren's adopted Sheilas are romping the league again. 48 points from 16 games. Reckon they'll win the Champions League this year as well.

You see right there is where an obsession starts

Just the words "Romping" "Sheilas" tells a therapist all they need to know. Yes you'd like to see them lift a few "Cups" wouldn't you? Or should i say Wid Ye? :lol:

Sitting here trying to fathom out why RA could only think of GCLFC and their lack of shower facilities whilst he sat in an airport lounge reading a story about SMFC up for sale is so much like an Alan Partridge sketch!

The naughty boy, hope the vicar takes him in hand.... Oooh stop it! :o

You see right there is where an obsession starts

Just the words "Romping" "Sheilas" tells a therapist all they need to know. Yes you'd like to see them lift a few "Cups" wouldn't you? Or should i say Wid Ye? :lol:

Sitting here trying to fathom out why RA could only think of GCLFC and their lack of shower facilities whilst he sat in an airport lounge reading a story about SMFC up for sale is so much like an Alan Partridge sketch!

The naughty boy, hope the vicar takes him in hand.... Oooh stop it! :o

There's only wan obssession for me and that's Anne Diamonds sweaty feet. :P

Edited by St. Sid

How about a meet n greet/gala day/fund raiser once the cic kicks off.

It's now nearly winter :( which isn't a crack at bud77 but shows how kong this has been rumbling on.

I've been impressed by the scirelines fir GCLFC this season, they've did well as have the Scorland Ladies.

Anything more about their rumoured involvement?