1ST CIC SCENARIO

Richie P

That's not what '10000hours' said on here.

You just argued against your own point here...

If a function is held in the St. Mirren hospitality suite, St. Mirren will get all the money.

If the function is held in the members bar (which is what RA was talking about in that quote) the CIC will get all the money.

If its a wedding, its split (because both bars will be used.

It's not hard to figure out.

ETA ...and RA also stated that the club would get a rental from the CIC members bar, so they would be getting something from it.

Edited by steve_the_saint

No I didn't.

Where do you think an event held by a CIC Community member would be held? It would be in the CIC bar so as you said the CIC would get the money.

St Mirren wouldn't get the bar takings, that was my point. They may get some of it or rental but they won't get the bar takings (unless it is their event).

Edited by davidg

Here's a second CIC topic and quite relevant today. I have just been looking at another thread about the increases in hire of football pitches by Renfrewshire council and the planned protest for today. As this could affect the community by forcing some teams to close due to the increased fees and leavings kids with less things to do and it could also potentially affect the club with less boys playing football so a decrease in possible players of the future, is it something the CIC should get involved in and, if so, what should they do ?

Personally I think the CIC and club should get involved with it and should use any council contacts they have to get an open and frank discussion between the council and the boys clubs but I'd also have liked to have seen players being encouraged to go along to the protest to show support for the boys clubs and gain more publicity for it.

Bud, as someone who is a volunteer in juvenile football I know the challenges clubs are facing only too well.

I'm at Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers. We've got 13 teams now from 2005's through to our Under 21 squad. At the peak of last season we had over 250 registered football players. Over the last eighteen months I did the paperwork to get the club it's SFA Quality Mark award. We were aiming for Development level but we were a few Level 3 coaches short of target and we attained Standard level instead. When you look at the commitment that had to be put in for that though it's a huge burden on volunteers. I attended 30 meetings with SFA Development Officers where the target kept shifting. The club was in reasonably good shape before we started but to tick boxes we had to adjust and adapt so that at any assessment the SFA would see it was obvious that we had attained standard and nothing was left open to interpretation. On top of that 46 club coaches gave up days and complete weekends to go through the various coaching courses that cost the club some £1,700 and a 13 coaches went through ten week Sports Injuries First Aid Course that cost the club a further £1,560.

I've got these figures to hand because the AGM was two nights ago but we took in £21,393 in subscriptions and spent £17,948 on pitches, hall lets, league registration fees and referee fees.

Yet for all that the one factor holding us back as a club is facilities. We are turning kids away who are desperate to play for us because each one of our squads is at capacity. We've already got a waiting list for kids born in 2008 who want to be notified in three years time when we set up teams in their age group!!! We could easily run a second squad in each age group, and maybe even a third in some age groups and still not have enough capacity within the club to meet local demand. And yet for all new facilities have been built at Ravenscraig and for all we have 3g pitches in Holytown and Wishaw and 10 grass parks in the area too - we simply can't get the access to ensure each team would get two quality training sessions per week and have a pitch to play on, on the Saturdays and Sundays. And to make matters worse, in the school rebuilding programme in the town where 3 new primary schools have been built, we lost one usable grass football pitch, and because of the PFI contract status and the multisport requirements to be met to obtain SportScotland grants for primary schools we gained three sand based pitches which can't be used for league football under local association rules, and which can't be used for hockey cause the cock-eyed twats involved put in football goals instead of hockey goals.

So what would I like to see in the CIC? Well I'd like to see a full time co-ordinator appointed to work with the committee's of juvenile football clubs who become community members with everything from creating a website that teams can use, managing the paperwork and guiding teams through the Quality Mark awards, helping with fundraising and keeping track and completing the various funding application forms, and petitioning councils and councillors to obtain control of the pitches and pitch strategies in each area whilst showing teams how to develop into local SENs themselves.

It's a wish - something I'd like to see at every senior football club - probably won't happen though because too many football clubs would be scared shitless that those Juvenile Clubs would suddenly attain a status where they too can access the McDonalds and Lloyds Bank funds that are available through their sponsorships of the SFA :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

No I didn't.

Where do you think an event held by a CIC Community member would be held? It would be in the CIC bar so as you said the CIC would get the money.

St Mirren wouldn't get the bar takings, that was my point. They may get some of it or rental but they won't get the bar takings (unless it is their event).

Actually I don't think that's true.

As far as I understand the club gets all the profits from the bar with the exception of match days.

Not what '10000hours' has said on here several times.

Yeah that was my understanding too - at least from the members bar. What I don't get is what part of the stadium is St Mirren hospitality and what part would be the members bar, and whether these functions would need both bars or not. Certainly last night with 267 people in the hall we could have done with both bars running and more waitresses covering the tables. For a club our size we could really do with a facility that could hold 350 for a Sportsmans Dinner at the moment, although Paisley is a complete waste of time for us. There would, I imagine, be plenty of clubs through in Renfrewshire that are of a similar size to us.

Yeah that was my understanding too - at least from the members bar. What I don't get is what part of the stadium is St Mirren hospitality and what part would be the members bar, and whether these functions would need both bars or not. Certainly last night with 267 people in the hall we could have done with both bars running and more waitresses covering the tables. For a club our size we could really do with a facility that could hold 350 for a Sportsmans Dinner at the moment, although Paisley is a complete waste of time for us. There would, I imagine, be plenty of clubs through in Renfrewshire that are of a similar size to us.

The hospitality suiteis in the main stand, the members bar will also be in the main stand once fitted out (at the moment it's a void area of the stand). The idea is the meber's bar will have space for a dance floor for certain events such as weddings so theoretically you could have a wedding ceremony in the hospitality suite and the reception in the mebers bar. My understanding is bar takings will depend on where and what the function is, if it's in the hospitality suite then SMFC will keep the bar takings, if it's in the members bar then the CIC will keep the takings at least initially until the kitting out has been paid for. It also depends on how the function has been booked, if it's arranged through SMFC the club will keep the income, if it's through the CIC the club will be paid rent.

Actually I don't think that's true.

As far as I understand the club gets all the profits from the bar with the exception of match days.

Here is the senario.

On Matchdays, as it is the 10000hours organisation that will have made the fit out of the void into a bar possible it will be 10000hours that gets the profits.

On non matchdays if the club puts on an event that uses the facility, then the club gets the profit.

and if both the CIC and the club put on an event together that uses the facility then there would be a %age split.

10000hours CIC

Edited by davidg

No I didn't.

A CIC community event - ie, a sportsmans dinner like the recent one that was held by erskine hospital - would not be held in the members bar, it would be in held in the hospitality suite.

The members bar will not be kitted out the same as the hospitality suite - it will likely have a hardwood floor for dancing, it probably wont have a false ceiling and it'll likely be less 'formal' than the hospitality suite. It'll be more suited to birthdays and more informal occasions. They're would be no point just creating the exact same space as the hospitality suite in the same building.

RA has stated that this would be one of the benefits of the CIC to the club. The community members would prefer to choose the club to host their dinner due to the CIC link-up. The people attending that would be impressed and want to get more involved, ie start going to games and becoming a fan.

As you have just said, weddings for example, where they have the dinner in the south side and the 'dancing' in the north side, would be % split between the club and CIC.

This was all pretty much explained at the meetings and since on here - including the quotes you keep re-posting.

A CIC community event - ie, a sportsmans dinner like the recent one that was held by erskine hospital - would not be held in the members bar, it would be in held in the hospitality suite.

The members bar will not be kitted out the same as the hospitality suite - it will likely have a hardwood floor for dancing, it probably wont have a false ceiling and it'll likely be less 'formal' than the hospitality suite. It'll be more suited to birthdays and more informal occasions. They're would be no point just creating the exact same space as the hospitality suite in the same building.

RA has stated that this would be one of the benefits of the CIC to the club. The community members would prefer to choose the club to host their dinner due to the CIC link-up. The people attending that would be impressed and want to get more involved, ie start going to games and becoming a fan.

As you have just said, weddings for example, where they have the dinner in the south side and the 'dancing' in the north side, would be % split between the club and CIC.

This was all pretty much explained at the meetings and since on here - including the quotes you keep re-posting.

As it's all new money that didn't exist before....I don't give a toss..about%. it will all benifit St Mirren in the long term.