Does Anybody Know .......?

Wilbur

As a SMiSA member, I was contacted a few months ago to cast my vote either in favour of SMiSA backing the CIC with a large financial commitment or not. I duly cast my vote.

Then I heard nothing for a while until .............................

About a month ago I was contacted again by SMiSA to cast my vote once more (insufficient response to the original questionnaire apparently). So I voted again.

Then I heard nothing. Again.

Does anyone know WTF is happening with SMiiSA's funds ? Was there a majority in favour or not ???

Has apathy won the day or is the CIC proposed takieover still going ahead ? Does the majority of the St Mirren support really care who will run the club ?

I'd be amazed if SMiSA didn't throw it's hat into the ring with the CIC.

The original mission statement was to get a supporters representative on the board, this is the chance for all of the supporters to get involved and for SMiSA to acheive their goal.

Same time Div, there's a couple of thousand shares already owned by SMiSA probably rendered worthless once the CiC deal is concluded. I dunno if the CiC would want SMiSA's shares to up their ownership percentage. I assume the CiC doesn't need it though.

It'd make some sense for SMiSA to use funds to buy in to the CiC at a corporate level, but I dunno if all the funds held should be thrown in at once.

As a SMiSA member, I was contacted a few months ago to cast my vote either in favour of SMiSA backing the CIC with a large financial commitment or not. I duly cast my vote.

Then I heard nothing for a while until .............................

About a month ago I was contacted again by SMiSA to cast my vote once more (insufficient response to the original questionnaire apparently). So I voted again.

Then I heard nothing. Again.

Does anyone know WTF is happening with SMiiSA's funds ? Was there a majority in favour or not ???

Has apathy won the day or is the CIC proposed takieover still going ahead ? Does the majority of the St Mirren support really care who will run the club ?

Wilbur,

Confirmation of the vote will be given over the next week or so. The first vote simply didn't get enough responses, which was seriously disappointing considering what we're talking about.

Wilbur,

Confirmation of the vote will be given over the next week or so. The first vote simply didn't get enough responses, which was seriously disappointing considering what we're talking about.

That's vote rigging, creepy...................

Wilbur,

Dave,

Based on the current number of SMiSA members this has got to be the slowest vote count in history. Is Wullie Mugabe (Chivas Supporters Bus POTY for 2009/10 is ........ John Potter !) involved in the counting ?

From SMiSA.net:

We can report on the outcome of the members vote relating to the contribution of £50,000.00 of SMiSA funds. It has been decided by the membership that the funds should be contributed to the 10000 Hours Community Interest Company with conditions.

78% of the returns were in favour of this option, 9% indicated that their preference was not to contribute the funds and 13% were in favour of contributing the funds unconditionally.

To this end we are currently liaising with Richard Atkinson to establish the options and will contact the membership with a view to meeting prior to the Motherwell game on Saturday 13th August 2011.

Wilbur - it was a frustration that the vote couldn't be ratified sooner. For the avoidance of any doubt all votes in the trust require a turnout threshold (I believe for this vote it was 50% if memory serves) to pass any vote whether for or against a given motion (or carry through any of the 3 options in this one). Failure to get that first time out was what necessitated going back to the membership.

From SMiSA.net:

Wilbur - it was a frustration that the vote couldn't be ratified sooner. For the avoidance of any doubt all votes in the trust require a turnout threshold (I believe for this vote it was 50% if memory serves) to pass any vote whether for or against a given motion (or carry through any of the 3 options in this one). Failure to get that first time out was what necessitated going back to the membership.

Dave W Bush.......................