Anti-CIC Demonstration

St. Sid

I have an even better idea.:)

Someone (who disnae care either way) shouldnae go anywhere near the ground on Saturday and wait for 10000 hours to pass to see how many Buddies contact him/her to ask, "wgaf?"dry.gif

Edited by bluto

I have a better idea ….why don’t the Pro CIC group(St.Sid) stand at every Turnstile on Saturday and take a poll from all saints supporters as they go through the gates a simple YES for & No Against .

This I’m sure will give everybody a better idea of what the St.Mirren support really want not just as you seem to say (St.Sid)that the majority of fans are pro CIC .

This will catch all the support not just the ones who have internet or were able to attend the meeting.

Once all this information is collated it will go one way or the other and put a stop to all this Pro and anti CIC, let the supporters make their choice not just small groups of individuals.

That won't be a better way either mate. I am sure there are hundreds (if not thousands) of fans who have never heard of 10000hrs, let alone knowing any info of the model.

Once the CIC is up and running I am sure it will be a priority to inform - and hopefully get more fans - as members.

That'll be another no show for the demonstration then......you anti-CIC boy(s) are going to run out of aliases soon. B)

I'm neither for or against CIC I just want what's best for SMFC........and you keep asking for alternatives and when one is presented you knock it Typical !

I have an even better idea.:)

Someone (who disnae care either way) shouldnae go anywhere near the ground on Saturday and wait for 10000 hours to pass to see how many Buddies contact him/her to ask, "wgaf?"dry.gif

auld dafty. :rolleyes::booty

I'm serious.

WGAF?

You and Lost Ud, like necrophiliacs, have shagged that already turgid subject to death and yet persist in turning it over, rearranging the limbs, dressing it up in fresh clothes and giving it another go.

Move on...

WGAF

Apart from you n Stu...?

I'm neither for or against CIC I just want what's best for SMFC........and you keep asking for alternatives and when one is presented you knock it Typical !

Maybe McCoist could come in with a bid once r*ngers relieve him of his managerial duties following their away leg capitulation in Malmo. He's trained with us, did a wee bit of coaching, would be good for morale, and is minted.... If the CIC doesn't come to fruition, get Super Ally and GLS to form an ownership dream team.

There. I've offered an alternative to the CIC too. :)

I would just like to say that I have an arrangement to meet a fellow forum user at 2.45pm this Saturday, to exchange some CDs, at our main entrance. If anyone sees me, I am neither holding a one man anti-CIC demonstration, nor am I waiting for Yul and his posse to ride into Rock Ridge....Hmm, Mongo like candy.

I am there to exchange CDs.

Thank you.

I have a better idea ….why don’t the Pro CIC group(St.Sid) stand at every Turnstile on Saturday and take a poll from all saints supporters as they go through the gates a simple YES for & No Against .

This I’m sure will give everybody a better idea of what the St.Mirren support really want not just as you seem to say (St.Sid)that the majority of fans are pro CIC .

This will catch all the support not just the ones who have internet or were able to attend the meeting.

Once all this information is collated it will go one way or the other and put a stop to all this Pro and anti CIC, let the supporters make their choice not just small groups of individuals.

Not really an alternative to the CiC, more a poll of who is and who isn't in favour of the CiC.

This is always an issue when there is change in the Boardroom at football clubs, there will always be people for and people against whatever the changes are going to be (see r*ngers, c*ltic and Hearts for examples) however change has to happen at St Mirren as the current BoD feel they have gone as far a they can. Asking fans what they want is all well and good but shares have to be paid for somehow and at St Mirren we have a history of fans not taking up allocations of shares when they are offered. This time over 700 have registered and interest in financing a change in direction (don't know the numbers of DD forms returned) which would suggest that a fair percentage of the fans are pro CiC.

I'd be amazed if there is another club in Britain with as high a percentage of fans financially supporting or contributing to changing the direction of their club other than through season-ticket sales.

That won't be a better way either mate. I am sure there are hundreds (if not thousands) of fans who have never heard of 10000hrs, let alone knowing any info of the model.

Once the CIC is up and running I am sure it will be a priority to inform - and hopefully get more fans - as members.

I agree mate, there must be thousands of potential members out there who know very little about the cic.

What would be the best way for the Cic to reach out to these fans and let them know more about it?

The guys on the cic are most likely more than happy with uptake so far but there surely potential for many more. They will currently be too busy with getting approval for the funding to consider reaching these people as without the funding it will go nowhere.

Once the funding is through then that's the easy part over. The hard part will be making the cic work in practical terms.

Ah come on now, we keep hearing that there is no evidence of a majority of fans in support of the CIC. Surely a wee demo on Saturday would be an opportunity for the anti-CIC chaps to prove that there is a large number of fans against it.

It would seem that the anti-CIC mob don't want to be called on providing no salient argument against the CIC. It would also now appear that the anti-CIC brigade are in a big sulk about being called on demonstrating the size of their support.

The reality is that there has been very strong majority for the CIC at every public meeting and certainly at the SMiSA meetings too - a supporters organisation that has backed the CIC formally.

Surely then it is the ill-though out miscreant posts from anonymous individuals acting on their own personal interests / agenda trying to damage the CIC process that would merit a comment such as, "f**k off and let the rest decide for themselves based on the information available." :)

No one needs to join, that is where the choice lies...but to rally against something that is clearly so positive for our club is dispicable. There has been offer after offer for these miscreants to come forward and debate the issues they have with the CIC - nothing, nyada, hee-haw other than whinging about how it's not fair when they are called out their pish. :P

Who do we keep hearing that there is no evidence of a majority support from? Are you having to have arguments inside your own head now?

Who is in a sulk about your post? Not me, I certainly wouldn't call myself anti cic and the point i was trying to make is that your a patronising c**t sitting on a very high horse when it comes to the whole cic thing. Perhaps c**t is a strong word, after all a c**t is a usefull thing :P

There was always going to be a high level of support at the meetings as people dead against it weren't likely to go. However im not saying there isn't a majority support of the cic amongst the fans as noone can know this for sure. There is a majority support amongst the people who have been asked though.

What agenda do I have? Of course im annonymous, this is a forum. Google my username however and youll soon find out who I am. I have made no effort to hide this nor have I created more than one username etc. this can be confirmed by a MOD through my IP address. My post was aimed at YOU not the cic. I have to say as well that my post was hardly likely to have a negative effect on the cic.

Ive said before and ill say again. People want to decide on what has been given to them by 10000hours not traqnsfer rumour extrordinaire St Sids opinion.

I would just like to say that I have an arrangement to meet a fellow forum user at 2.45pm this Saturday, to exchange some CDs, at our main entrance. If anyone sees me, I am neither holding a one man anti-CIC demonstration, nor am I waiting for Yul and his posse to ride into Rock Ridge....Hmm, Mongo like candy.

I am there to exchange CDs.

Thank you.

Home taping is killing music.

I agree mate, there must be thousands of potential members out there who know very little about the cic.

What would be the best way for the Cic to reach out to these fans and let them know more about it?

The guys on the cic are most likely more than happy with uptake so far but there surely potential for many more. They will currently be too busy with getting approval for the funding to consider reaching these people as without the funding it will go nowhere.

Once the funding is through then that's the easy part over. The hard part will be making the cic work in practical terms.

I don't think this bit is right.

I'm looking at it from a practical side. I got advice this week on a proposal that we are working on in conjunction with a local school. All in all our project would have around 1,500 active participants if you look at the school roll and the number of registered players our wee team has got. That puts us in a strong position but the advice we were given was to see if we could bring on board another organisation as the more people you have involved in your project the higher the likely hood of receiving funding.

Now if you look at that in a 10000hours sense I think they were set a target and they - in their minds - have achieved that target. I can imagine that they are now waiting on funding organisations coming back to them. If the whole thing is successful though I don't think you will see 10000hours actively pursue more new individual members. Getting them on board may well happen because of the added publicity and people not wanting to be left behind, or it may well happen as when control is handed over there may be incentives put in place that are attractive to non members - but I don't think there would be any need for the big recruitment push that you are looking for. Instead I think the focus would move to potential corporate members where they are below the initial targets set.

I don't think this bit is right.

I'm looking at it from a practical side. I got advice this week on a proposal that we are working on in conjunction with a local school. All in all our project would have around 1,500 active participants if you look at the school roll and the number of registered players our wee team has got. That puts us in a strong position but the advice we were given was to see if we could bring on board another organisation as the more people you have involved in your project the higher the likely hood of receiving funding.

Now if you look at that in a 10000hours sense I think they were set a target and they - in their minds - have achieved that target. I can imagine that they are now waiting on funding organisations coming back to them. If the whole thing is successful though I don't think you will see 10000hours actively pursue more new individual members. Getting them on board may well happen because of the added publicity and people not wanting to be left behind, or it may well happen as when control is handed over there may be incentives put in place that are attractive to non members - but I don't think there would be any need for the big recruitment push that you are looking for. Instead I think the focus would move to potential corporate members where they are below the initial targets set.

What a daft post. With almost zero costs in marketing and utilising resources available - the media, t'Internet, the under utilised club facilities for the meetings that actually generated a profit at the bar (which the licensee had to make himself available for and the nice ticket lady volunteered to help out for no cash) - the CIC will generate over £85,000 per year. More than that it has secured the mindset of a group of supporters for years to come. Investing and owning a club will increase spending from that group. Financially it makes sense. I would also be absolutely astonished if any one of the 700+ did not want to see the numbers increased. They will do everything they can to ensure there is further recruitment drives as we can see from the posts above. The more cash we have the quicker it can translate into pure profit for investment on the playing side, which is the bottom line for all of us - except you ya weirdo. :P

Oooooops - the dynamic, supportive duo have a difference of opinion!

In much less than 10,000 hours, too.

Oooooh -er..... :lol::lol:

Sid is about as supportive of me as I am of St Mirren..... :rolleyes: The fact is we've both got fairly radically different opinions on what 10000hours should focus on and how it will benefit St Mirren. If you check back you'll see one of the best examples of that difference of opinion where I outlined one possible benefit from bringing juvenile football clubs from a number of regional leagues in as community members of the CIC. St Sid believes that route is stupid and that instead of casting the net wide, 10000hours should focus it's attention on Paisley only and on trying to bring the P&D League on board as a community member instead with Sid believing that somehow this would give 10000 hours control of all the footballing facilities in Paisley

It's only one small piece of the potential that the CIC will have at the club. My way would give St Mirren access to around 600 youth scouts - all SFA qualified - covering 10 different leagues at all age groups covering over 35,000 football players. Sid believes his route would give the CIC greater income potential. Now of course it doesn't have to be an either / or debate. There's nothing wrong with 10000hours pursuing both scenarios if they wish - or ignoring us both as the case may well be.

We're just two arseholes expressing our ideas off the back of limited information and experiences but others are doing the same thing too - and if you've got corporate members and community members doing the same thing there is a far greater potential for someone hitting upon the kind of ideas that St Mirren boards have been devoid of for well over 30 years.

I couldn't sit on a committee with Sid without ripping the rest of my hair out but it's not personal. I'm sure I would be just as frustrated watching something with so much potential being caged by backward thinking St Mirren fans who refuse to see beyond the first eleven...but none of that means I shouldn't be supportive when the first top level Scottish Football club adopts a plan that takes it back to the kind of ownership model that saw football adopted as the national sport so soon after the formation of the first football clubs.

Edited by Stuart Dickson