Anti-CIC Demonstration

St. Sid

You ought to come out of that closet m8 ! - oop's sorry Richard - Meanwhile back at the Ranch - Huv you ever bought a programme or a season ticket ?:P

I don't know who Richard is.

I used to sell programmes from aged 15 to aged 21 at Love Street. I have been a ST holder for more years than I care to remember. Good enough credentials for you?

Stuart ! You ought to go and have a Lye down M8 ! The Buckfast Triangle is where You Belong ? Fcuk you are the most right wing thing since @ right wing Things ? God Thatcher could have been your mummy ? You are the biggest w@nkstain on this interweb - But ah luv yir pish that you spout ? Do You Think REA is @ Chancer ?

Ach now come on. You need to tell me who you are now. You've got to be one of my mates on the wind up. After all how else would you know about my collection of semi naked pictures of Mrs T :unsure:

Do I think REA is a chancer? I don't know is the honest answer. I've spoken with him twice on the phone that I can remember. The first time he called me at home after I posted on here soon after the CIC proposals were finally laid out for people to read. I'd read a very vague document and was disappointed that it didn't address what I thought was the fundamental basics of looking after grass roots football. I had briefly laid out what I had wanted to see and he phoned me to listen to what I was talking about and to then outline the basics of what 10000hours were trying to achieve.

The second time he called me was after I had attended a Sports Enterprise Network conference at Stirling University. One particular delegate there was critical of the way 10000hours were approaching the setting up of the CIC saying that it was all being done back to front - recruiting Individual Members without being able to offer benefits etc. The guy, who was from Partick Thistle, had a valid point. I posted it on here. Richard called me, we talked about what had been said and in fairness Richard agreed that it had been done back to front but that it had to be because of the nature of the bid to buy 52% of the clubs shares.

Beyond that we've exchanged some e-mails where I was investigating the possible benefit of bringing the football team I am on the committee at in as a Community Member. Ultimately our committee decided not to join yet although they are watching developments but they would prefer "for someone else to be the guinea pig"

It's not Richard that I am buying into though. He's just the guy doing all the work in raising the funds and trying to get and keep people on board. What I buy into is the idea of a football club being run to benefit it's members within the community - just like in the old days. We talk about traditional method of ownership where a rich businessman or group of businessmen owns a football club and makes all decisions but actually that's a more recent development in football. The more traditional model is more like the grassroots world where elected committees do the administration, fundraising and policy making and where there is a social responsibility that sees senior football clubs being more benevolent to the people who supply them with their youth players, who supply them with their paying customers and who supply them with their materials, equipment etc.

Anyway, sorry it's another long winded serious post when the answer should just have been "I don't know" :rolleyes:

Ach now come on. You need to tell me who you are now. You've got to be one of my mates on the wind up. After all how else would you know about my collection of semi naked pictures of Mrs T :unsure:

Do I think REA is a chancer? I don't know is the honest answer. I've spoken with him twice on the phone that I can remember. The first time he called me at home after I posted on here soon after the CIC proposals were finally laid out for people to read. I'd read a very vague document and was disappointed that it didn't address what I thought was the fundamental basics of looking after grass roots football. I had briefly laid out what I had wanted to see and he phoned me to listen to what I was talking about and to then outline the basics of what 10000hours were trying to achieve.

The second time he called me was after I had attended a Sports Enterprise Network conference at Stirling University. One particular delegate there was critical of the way 10000hours were approaching the setting up of the CIC saying that it was all being done back to front - recruiting Individual Members without being able to offer benefits etc. The guy, who was from Partick Thistle, had a valid point. I posted it on here. Richard called me, we talked about what had been said and in fairness Richard agreed that it had been done back to front but that it had to be because of the nature of the bid to buy 52% of the clubs shares.

Beyond that we've exchanged some e-mails where I was investigating the possible benefit of bringing the football team I am on the committee at in as a Community Member. Ultimately our committee decided not to join yet although they are watching developments but they would prefer "for someone else to be the guinea pig"

It's not Richard that I am buying into though. He's just the guy doing all the work in raising the funds and trying to get and keep people on board. What I buy into is the idea of a football club being run to benefit it's members within the community - just like in the old days. We talk about traditional method of ownership where a rich businessman or group of businessmen owns a football club and makes all decisions but actually that's a more recent development in football. The more traditional model is more like the grassroots world where elected committees do the administration, fundraising and policy making and where there is a social responsibility that sees senior football lubs being more benevolent to the people who supply them with their youth players, who supply them with their paying customers and who supply them with their materials, equipment etc.

Anyway, sorry it's another long winded serious post when the answer should just have been "I don't know" :rolleyes:

I think this is a tremendous post. However I'm unsure you'll get a lucid response from the intended recipient. Time I'll-spent, if you ask me Stuart.

I think this is a tremendous post. However I'm unsure you'll get a lucid response from the intended recipient. Time I'll-spent, if you ask me Stuart.

Aye probably a wasted effort but at least I tried to answer his question. if he's been f**ked over today I've got some sympathy for him. I get pissed off at bad customer service no matter the industry and having your child inside a football stadium unable to get out, while you are stuck outside is one of the worst situations I can imagine. Common sense should have been applied and to be totally honest any steward putting a parent in that position should be getting their arse booted all the way up and down Greenhill Road. I think the guy is picking on the wrong targets though. I'm pretty sure Sid and Pozbaird had nothing to do with it.

First class Stuart ! That is why I give you the Credit where it is Due ? I see what happens every day of the week at Greenhill Road ! Ferguslie is the Community that our club should be built on ? £ 2,000.000 ? One helluva lot of money has been spent in this Housing scheme over the years , but to no fruition.

£2,000,000 is a price worth paying considering the wasted millions that have been spent over the years ?

Anyway KTF answer these 3 questions : 1 Has Richard ever purchased and used a season ticket ?

2 Has Richard ever purchased any Match Programme ?

3 Has Richard got a clue of what being @ Buddie is all about ?

Anybody up for @ DEMO then so am I .

First class Stuart ! That is why I give you the Credit where it is Due ? I see what happens every day of the week at Greenhill Road ! Ferguslie is the Community that our club should be built on ? £ 2,000.000 ? One helluva lot of money has been spent in this Housing scheme over the years , but to no fruition.

£2,000,000 is a price worth paying considering the wasted millions that have been spent over the years ?

Anyway KTF answer these 3 questions : 1 Has Richard ever purchased and used a season ticket ?

2 Has Richard ever purchased any Match Programme ?

3 Has Richard got a clue of what being @ Buddie is all about ?

Anybody up for @ DEMO then so am I .

Im actually a wee bit dissappointed you never called anybody a chanty rustler in that post :boo2:

Are You a ST holder REA ? IF You are The very same Guy that wants everybody Else to buy a football club for YOU ? Then it would be usefull to know if you have ever ventured through @ turnsyle in your life ?

Tell me this M8 ( smart Card ) Huv you got 1 ?? :o If not - Why Not ? you think cause we play in @ Millan type strip - That a load of punters will try to get into the San Giro 4 free ?

You sir are a Chancer with @ bit of savvy ? Gie's your pledges, gies your money. gies your fitbaw club ? Ah couldnae give a fcuk ah want your club ?? That is like your ace bandit, and partner in crime ( SID ) Could have been worse - 3 million would have bought you Kyle Laugherty ! :lol: But FCUK it we will get these daffties from B&W army :lol: and the hingers oan to support sum Cnut Who Couldnae spell S M F C ? and save ourself £ 1,000.000

That's not how it works though. The £2m is being used to buy a controlling interest in a football club that then allows the CIC access to the facilities it needs to run events that then allow it to generate income which is then used to reinvest in the local community. In effect the £2m is being used to set up a business and the profit generated from that business will be spent expanding the range of services and facilities that it can offer. If you like it becomes a charity that is sustainable without the need for government hand outs.

To give an example that is already in place at Edinburgh Spartans - they have a 3g area similar to St Mirren outside their football ground. They won a Health Board contract to help fight obesity simply by agreeing to throw open the gates to these pitches and to allow local kids to go play football there away from traffic in a safe environment for a couple hours after school every day.

How the CIC would develop is down to the members and who they elect - and that's where I've got concerns because fans are going to come across situations where they are looking at taking money from the football club for the benefit of the CIC. It could be tiny amounts with possible big returns but all the same if the people elected can't get their heads around that then the CIC won't be as effective as it should be. To be honest I wouldn't get too hung up about REA - I'd be far more concerned about the agenda and the ability of the kind of people who would put themselves forward as candidates for election.

Love the direct style Feegie Saint....much more salient than Yul or animal. :wink:

From what I can see the main issue here is who might be shagging who in the pro-CIC movement. I'm strictly a conjugal duties (under duress) :P and a cheeky wee w@nk whenever the opportunity arises (usually 6-7 a-day). B)

Now I think you could make a very strong sace regarding REA and Pozbaird solely based on them being gingys. Yer gingy's clearly get their jollies wherever they can and a mutual stop off at the Port de Chutney for them cannot be ruled out. Throw in the "I do a wee bit of graphic design for Richard" euphamism and I reckon you have enough circumstantial evidence to at least get a warrant to inspect their bottoms.

Stu (lawfud) is commonly referred to as the fat pipefitter by supporters that know him. Now a nickname of the fat pipefitter leaves me in no doubt that Lost United likes chewing carmels.

Now we have established that it is quite clear from your desire to know who likes podgering fudgeboxes that you have got 0898-joy-boys on speed dial on your mobile and are looking to reduce your t-Mobile phone bill by finding online bumBuddies. :P

I reckon if you are prepared to swallow, any of the above posters will find a way to have your season ticket returned to you.

Regarding my Presidency......don't think so much Osama and the everyone is equal bollox - if you consider the old school Argentinian Military Junta "make rebelious types dissappear" Presidency you'll be nearer the mark. :wink:

B)

Love the direct style Feegie Saint....much more salient than Yul or animal. :wink:

From what I can see the main issue here is who might be shagging who in the pro-CIC movement. I'm strictly a conjugal duties (under duress) :P and a cheeky wee w@nk whenever the opportunity arises (usually 6-7 a-day). B)

Now I think you could make a very strong sace regarding REA and Pozbaird solely based on them being gingys. Yer gingy's clearly get their jollies wherever they can and a mutual stop off at the Port de Chutney for them cannot be ruled out. Throw in the "I do a wee bit of graphic design for Richard" euphamism and I reckon you have enough circumstantial evidence to at least get a warrant to inspect their bottoms.

Stu (lawfud) is commonly referred to as the fat pipefitter by supporters that know him. Now a nickname of the fat pipefitter leaves me in no doubt that Lost United likes chewing carmels.

Now we have established that it is quite clear from your desire to know who likes podgering fudgeboxes that you have got 0898-joy-boys on speed dial on your mobile and are looking to reduce your t-Mobile phone bill by finding online bumBuddies. :P

I reckon if you are prepared to swallow, any of the above posters will find a way to have your season ticket returned to you.

Regarding my Presidency......don't think so much Osama and the everyone is equal bollox - if you consider the old school Argentinian Military Junta "make rebelious types dissappear" Presidency you'll be nearer the mark. :wink:

You have a way with words Sid - Huv a green wan ! B)