The Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig Appreciation Thread

Deary me.

St. Mirren are playing a few miles up the road from faraway and yet he's he's on here posting his usual shite.

Some supporter.............. thumbdown.gif

Poor JC, all upset we won and tries to have a go at me. 1eye.gif

No mention of the game or result, sad & bitter doesn't come close.

You clouldnae make it up, eh Obi? whistling.gif

Getting close to another breakdown I notice, lol.gif Tick tock. bye1.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well done on a great performance and home win against second placed Motherwell and a great performance and draw away against second placed ICT. The 6 game losing streak is beginning to look like it was just a blip, with just 1 defeat (away to Celtic) in 6 SPL games. 6 SPL games ago we faced the prospect of being overtaken by Dundee had we lost that game, (and the forum users who place a lot of stock in 'recent form' were banging on about our run of defeats and Dundee's 3 game unbeaten run going in to the game), and we now find ourselves one month later 9 points clear of Dundee and 5 points off a top 6 place.

• 2 weeks later...
Read the article in the paper this morning and I'm at a complete loss why Ipad's are getting mentioned when it refers to the Only an Excuse sketch.

Me too, MonTheSaints. I remember him being interviewed and talking about "if they score three, we'll score four" but don't recall him using an iPad or a tablet?!

Danny needed a big response over the festive season and got it . We now have a chance albeit a small one of the top six

Some of the teams above us could lose a few players during the January transfer window. Motherwell only have 2 senior pros signed up beyond this summer. We are now 6 points behind 5th place Aberdeen with 30 points to play for. I expect Dundee United to improve a bit between now and the split and to move from bottom 6 to top 6 but reckon Aberdeen, Hibs, ICT could all struggle to do as well after the winter shutdown as they did before it.

• 3 weeks later...

Time to give DL and TC credit where it is due. They set the team out perfectly today to make us solid and hard to beat but with plenty of threat from Goncalves and Teale on the flanks and McGowan breaking forward from midfield.

Maybe now DL has earned a few weeks off from being called Wee Clueless from Tedious Tom and his ilk.

Absolutely amazing from the team and Danny and tc deserve so much credit for it everything was spot on take a bow

Ps Carey was immense at left back today

Thought Carey may have been today's hero and a decent shout for MOTM alongside McGowan. I was expecteing Carey to be our weakest link but he won lots of great tackles, tracked back well and was solid defensively and did well going forward.

Brilliant today, best part was that he had so many choices to make and he nailed them.

Mair or Goodwin at the back?

Goodwin was brilliant today, a real leader and really unlucky with the penalty decision as it hit his chest first.

Left back role. Barron, Carey or even Lee Mair who has been out there before.

Carey was amazing today. A real contender for man if the match. Solid in the tackle and ups and down the line all day.

Midfield selection. Massive gamble and trust in young inexperienced guys.

McGinn was cool an composed. Always trying to hold the ball up, wait fr support and play the right pass. He's miles better than his brother Stephen and a bigger asset to the club than McLean IMHO.

Newton, hardly kicked a ball do Newcastle and had a shakey debut last week. Inexperienced against Brown and Wanyama but what a shift he put in. Goodwin in midfield wouldn't have been a surprise but Danny showed great belief and trust in these young talented players.

Isma, only met the squad midweek and we had loads of other options here.

Imrie, Guy or Parkin could have started to give support to Thomo but Isma was great. Worked hard, tracked back and provided a great option as an out ball. Always in space and willing to take the man on. Great finish as well.

To sum up......Danny Lennon, I love you :P

Brilliant today, best part was that he had so many choices to make and he nailed them.

Mair or Goodwin at the back?

Goodwin was brilliant today, a real leader and really unlucky with the penalty decision as it hit his chest first.

Left back role. Barron, Carey or even Lee Mair who has been out there before.

Carey was amazing today. A real contender for man if the match. Solid in the tackle and ups and down the line all day.

Midfield selection. Massive gamble and trust in young inexperienced guys.

McGinn was cool an composed. Always trying to hold the ball up, wait fr support and play the right pass. He's miles better than his brother Stephen and a bigger asset to the club than McLean IMHO.

Newton, hardly kicked a ball do Newcastle and had a shakey debut last week. Inexperienced against Brown and Wanyama but what a shift he put in. Goodwin in midfield wouldn't have been a surprise but Danny showed great belief and trust in these young talented players.

Isma, only met the squad midweek and we had loads of other options here.

Imrie, Guy or Parkin could have started to give support to Thomo but Isma was great. Worked hard, tracked back and provided a great option as an out ball. Always in space and willing to take the man on. Great finish as well.

To sum up......Danny Lennon, I love you tongue.png

Poof. lol.gif

PS I kinda like him a lot. whistling.gif