The Danny Lennon and Tommy Craig Appreciation Thread

Well, todays result certainly get's another monkey off Lennon's back.

We now have a manager who has taken us to our best ever final position in the SPL.

Taken us to a national cup final.

Gus Macpherson achieved both of those first. :P

We have beaten one of the Old Firm in a major Semi Final. Danny Lennon is now one step from immortality IMO.

• 1 month later...

Well done Danny and the team. Brave starting XI with lots of changes and still good enough to beat Hearts at a canter, but can you imagine the outcry if Hearts had won when Thomspon and Goncalves were dropped to the bench?

If we win our game in hand Abedeen, Dundee United and Killie may all just and no more become catchable before the split!

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

It's not often I post on this thread when we lose a game but I thought today was the second game in a row against Celtic where Danny Lennon got the tactics spot on and where they team played well and had a right good go at Celtic. Hooper hit the bar and samson maybe made one good save but despite losing a couple of poor early goals I never felt we were heading for a tanking and thought McGowan, Teale, McGinn, Newton, THompson and Goncalves all had good solid games without quite hitting the same heights they hit at Hampden. We finished the stronger side and Carey's effort from the free kick would have beaten most other SPL keepers.

Onwards and upwards.

It's not often I post on this thread when we lose a game but I thought today was the second game in a row against Celtic where Danny Lennon got the tactics spot on and where they team played well and had a right good go at Celtic. Hooper hit the bar and samson maybe made one good save but despite losing a couple of poor early goals I never felt we were heading for a tanking and thought McGowan, Teale, McGinn, Newton, THompson and Goncalves all had good solid games without quite hitting the same heights they hit at Hampden. We finished the stronger side and Carey's effort from the free kick would have beaten most other SPL keepers.

Onwards and upwards.

Andy is on the LSD again ? punk.gif Praise The Lord my man - Who spiked yer Swallay ? whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I loved watching Tommy at the end of the game when the players and their families were milling around.

He looked like a dad at his daughter's wedding making sure everyone was getting their fair share of enjoyment.

His selfless attitude does him great credit.

Viennas tonight, top dollar. Why weren't Dany and Thomo there thought :( I could greet.

Im not long home. Our taxi driver said last drop off he did was tthommohawk. Apparently oot his tree and sadly had to go home instead of heading to viennas. Big man must have been loving it!

• 2 weeks later...

We took chances today with our passing, but doesn't it make the game worth watching.

At one point today Celtic pressed us on our 18 yard box and we went from side to side, then suddenly a pass to Gowser and we were on our way.

Great to watch.

Thank you Tommy and Danny and everyone involved in the coaching.