Takeover to be completed next week

div

Div, with something so imminent, I would have expected something official from the club to that effect. As usual, we are in the dark having expected all of this to have been resolved when the extension was asked for way back months ago. Still I am sure we will hear things in due course once it is posted on the BBC Sports site. :rolleyes:

I've seen a couple of tweets today that suggest that the takeover of the club will be completed next week.

I'm just back from 2 weeks in the sun so totally out of the loop. Anyone else heard the same ? :unsure:

Haven't heard anything Div. I'm just going to toddle along to whatever meeting is set up to hear what's going on myself. The club should get in a pile of new away shirts and have wee Nigel there to sign em'. Sure fire winner. :)

I've seen a couple of tweets today that suggest that the takeover of the club will be completed next week.

I'm just back from 2 weeks in the sun so totally out of the loop. Anyone else heard the same ? :unsure:

Shouldn't the topic title end with "?"? Or have I missed the confirmation? :unsure:

You still reeling from you bawz up regarding the stewards and disclosure. :P

Do they have enhanced disclosure then Sid? If they are going to be child minding at the football whilst parents go off to sort out their season tickets they should have the relevant checks and qualifications.

Anyway I notice Brian Caldwell has told one of those affected that it is not St Mirren policy to split parents from their children and that he is taking up the issue with the stewarding company. Good news I think....although I still think the children who were affected should be given some sort of compensation as a gesture for the f**k up on Saturdayl

Shouldn't the topic title end with "?"? Or have I missed the confirmation? :unsure:

I am happy it is going through, but dosn't it say something for the funding bodies that there are 3 dates for completion ?. They would never survive in a buisness world and are shockingly incompetent in the use of time. Let no one be in any doubt we are doing them a BIG favour.

I am happy it is going through, but dosn't it say something for the funding bodies that there are 3 dates for completion ?. They would never survive in a buisness world and are shockingly incompetent in the use of time. Let no one be in any doubt we are doing them a BIG favour.

Isn't that a bit hypocritical for someone who has been born, and born again? :lol::lol:

Do they have enhanced disclosure then Sid? If they are going to be child minding at the football whilst parents go off to sort out their season tickets they should have the relevant checks and qualifications.

Anyway I notice Brian Caldwell has told one of those affected that it is not St Mirren policy to split parents from their children and that he is taking up the issue with the stewarding company. Good news I think....although I still think the children who were affected should be given some sort of compensation as a gesture for the f**k up on Saturdayl

Yet another topic lawfud knows f"k all about and yet looks to get into a debate about it. At least Bluto had the good grace to own up to his pig ignorance and post a hasty retreat. :P

When it happened to me and the sidlettes the stewards looked after the kids very well for all of the full minute it took to resolve the issue. I thanked the steward and went on and enjoyed the game - think it was the one Jure scored in late on. :)

Demanding freebies from the club that we give over the odds financial support to is redundant in my opinion - wouldn't put it past you "neutral" bawbags though. :rolleyes:

Isn't that a bit hypocritical for someone who has been born, and born again? :lol::lol:

Brilliant!

Green dot. :lol:

Yet another topic lawfud knows f"k all about and yet looks to get into a debate about it. At least Bluto had the good grace to own up to his pig ignorance and post a hasty retreat. :P

When it happened to me and the sidlettes the stewards looked after the kids very well for all of the full minute it took to resolve the issue. I thanked the steward and went on and enjoyed the game

If ever I do succumb to ignorance I would own up. I didn't, so... yet another Sidley lie - no retreat from me.

If Stewards are watching after kids, then St Mirren should have been assured that they have obtained Disclosure under Part V of the Polis Act of 1997. So, Lost Ud did know what he was talking about. It was a valid point, unlike any you spray.

Your tiny interaction with the stewards was irrelevant to the issue under discussion cos it happened at least a year ago but it WAS a game attempt, as ever, to place yourself at the heart of the matter.

You appear to be very much in love with several stewards as you always support them in preference to what I'd see as a more natural alignment with fellow fans. I guess that's why you're so relaxed about handing over your kids to Stewards/uniformed strangers who would look after them very well...:o

Edited by bluto

The child and the parent can not go through at the same time, theres obviously going to be a time period in which both are seperated. If the parent goes first the kid is outside and vice versa. There was an issue with the ticket which was resolved. Move the f**k on from this issue.

I think everyone is completely in the dark as usual in regards to the CIC and any take over bid.

When it happened to me and the sidlettes the stewards looked after the kids very well for all of the full minute it took to resolve the issue. I thanked the steward and went on and enjoyed the game - think it was the one Jure scored in late on. :)

Demanding freebies from the club that we give over the odds financial support to is redundant in my opinion - wouldn't put it past you "neutral" bawbags though. :rolleyes:

St Sid = Kate McCann. :rolleyes:

Any responsible parent would keep their child close by their side at a football match with 5,000 strangers in attendance but St Sid is more than happy to pass care of his young child to any stranger wearing a yellow tabard. :o

St Sid = Kate McCann. :rolleyes:

Any responsible parent would keep their child close by their side at a football match with 5,000 strangers in attendance but St Sid is more than happy to pass care of his young child to any stranger wearing a yellow tabard. :o

Sorry Stuart but that is an awful way to try to bring out humour.Give Sid dogs abuse but not at the expense of a cheap joke.As a responsible parent you really should know better.

Sorry Stuart but that is an awful way to try to bring out humour.Give Sid dogs abuse but not at the expense of a cheap joke.As a responsible parent you really should know better.

Ian, it's just another example of the pish these losers are willing to wade through in order to keep themselves busy in the gap between Jeremy Kyle and Deal or no Deal.

The phrase "they know not what they do" has bnever been more apt.

Brilliant!

Green dot. :lol:

If ever I do succumb to ignorance I would own up. I didn't, so... yet another Sidley lie - no retreat from me.

If Stewards are watching after kids, then St Mirren should have been assured that they have obtained Disclosure under Part V of the Polis Act of 1997. So, Lost Ud did know what he was talking about. It was a valid point, unlike any you spray.

Your tiny interaction with the stewards was irrelevant to the issue under discussion cos it happened at least a year ago but it WAS a game attempt, as ever, to place yourself at the heart of the matter.

You appear to be very much in love with several stewards as you always support them in preference to what I'd see as a more natural alignment with fellow fans. I guess that's why you're so relaxed about handing over your kids to Stewards/uniformed strangers who would look after them very well...:o

What a terrible post. I think you will find that lawfuds contribution was to ask me about what level of disclosure SMPs stewards actually have - your post above would also confirm that you don't know the legal requirement for stewards either - you're original childish post slabbered on about "rules", yet you clearly don't know what they are. And that's just the no bad bit. :P

For a man of your years it is odd that you have so many issues with the idea of stewards - were you bummed by an old grammarian dinner hall monitor in your youth, might explain your subsequent antics up Hampstead Heath. :P

Stewards are just people the same as you and me - they come from all walks of life just as St Mirren fans do. They have fathers and mothers, they have sons and daughters and with that are entitled to a wee bit of leeway and support when doing a difficult job for our club. Trying the make it a them and us situation is beyond childish ya silly old goat. :)

SMP is a great place for families. Again you do the club, you claim to be a supporter of, down by suggesting otherwise. B)

What a terrible post. I think you will find that lawfuds contribution was to ask me about what level of disclosure SMPs stewards actually have - your post above would also confirm that you don't know the legal requirement for stewards either - you're original childish post slabbered on about "rules", yet you clearly don't know what they are. And that's just the no bad bit. :P

For a man of your years it is odd that you have so many issues with the idea of stewards - were you bummed by an old grammarian dinner hall monitor in your youth, might explain your subsequent antics up Hampstead Heath. :P

Stewards are just people the same as you and me - they come from all walks of life just as St Mirren fans do. They have fathers and mothers, they have sons and daughters and with that are entitled to a wee bit of leeway and support when doing a difficult job for our club. Trying the make it a them and us situation is beyond childish ya silly old goat. :)

SMP is a great place for families. Again you do the club, you claim to be a supporter of, down by suggesting otherwise. B)

I think the problem on Saturday was created by stewards Sid and the club are lucky the PR wasn't worse. It would only have taken one supporter going to the press and saying St Mirren held my four year old hostage while I was sent to sort out the season ticket card that I'd paid for that didn't work and the club would have been a complete laughing stock. Leaving a young child with a stranger who's qualifications are unknown to you and who are not licensed child care practitioners is not the act of a responsible parent. Further to that separating a young child from their parent while their parent is led away by a steward to fix a season ticket card is likely to have been fairly traumatic.

I think St Mirren should have compensated those put in that position. It doesn't take much. It could be a simple as getting them to stay back after a match to go meet the players or as simple as sending a signed football to each of those kids. Brian Caldwell appears to have contacted the parents who have complained and assured them that this was steward error and that he'll be taking it up with the stewarding company. If that's good enough for them then that's fair enough. Let's just say they are lucky it didn't happen to me on one of my occasional visits when my children were much younger.

Stewards may just be normal people like you and me Sid, but I would NEVER leave one of my kids with you.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I think........

I think........

Ironically I don't think you actually do think before you post. I am still waiting for you to tell us all about the legal requirements for stewards disclosure. You appear to believe that enhanced disclosure is required. Care to provide any more details or are you just slabbering the first thing that comes into your big fat moo as usual. :)

I think the problem on Saturday was created by stewards Sid and the club are lucky the PR wasn't worse. It would only have taken one supporter going to the press and saying St Mirren held my four year old hostage while I was sent to sort out the season ticket card that I'd paid for that didn't work and the club would have been a complete laughing stock. Leaving a young child with a stranger who's qualifications are unknown to you and who are not licensed child care practitioners is not the act of a responsible parent. Further to that separating a young child from their parent while their parent is led away by a steward to fix a season ticket card is likely to have been fairly traumatic.

The issue on Sat was a minor issue and it is an issue for the club to resolve. You attempting to put some dangerous slant on the situation with regards stewarding and the disclosure issue is yet again an attempt to dress up your agenda with the club.

Any kid that got through momentarily without their parent was no more at risk than when a parent leaves the kid during the game to use the facilities.

The disclosure issue is nothing to do with protection of children and purely about covering organisations arses with paperwork. It is well documented that in most cases of child abuse the perpetrator is known to the child. Does that mean that all uncles, aunties, neighbours, fathers, mothers etc all should prove that they have a disclosure before they look after a child. I dont want a steward to look after my child, but if the alternative is that they are left to wander around the stadium and bumping in to the likes of you or Sid, then I would let Hannibal Lector look after them.

The issue is that the club failed to take the advice of the ticket company with regards reregistering the season tickets. The potential issue was not relayed to the Stewards. The club are to fault and it would appear that the ones that have complained are happy with the clubs explanation. End of.

The whole issue has been blown out of proportion by the usual suspects.

On another point, I know a number of registered child minders. I wouldn't let them look after my goldfish never mind my child. Christ they take money from people to look after their kids, yet they are incapable of looking after their own children.

Edited by Gruffalo