Takeover to be completed next week

div

:rolleyes:

Anyway, just to clarify here. Are you claiming, in your role as "10000hours President" that 10000hours didn't want to work with our football team and that the new CIC's way of working will be to take ideas from potential Community and Corporate members and sell them on? :rolleyes:

You've nearly got it....what I am actually saying is the current SMFC Ltd Chairman, the current 10,000 hrs Chairman and the future President are all in agreement that you are a nob - however we do thank you for your £10-a-month, which is non-refundable. :booty:double:hammer

signing and submitting the direct debit form commits you to one years subscription - £120. :)

SG has a framed copy of your d.d. form on his mantelpiece. :o

You know.....it doesn't. Not that I'm planning to cancel anyway but I haven't completed any form of credit agreement and the DDM itself states quite clearly that the Direct Debit can be cancelled at any time. If SG has a framed copy perhaps you should ask him if he can let you see it.... :rolleyes:

Do you know Div, I think it's just symptomatic of the problem that 10000hours are going to face. Reborn Saint insists over and over again that he deals with these funding bodies and yet he kept on claiming that somehow the funding bodies were getting a fantastic deal here and that Richard Atkinson was in some way flawed for not trying to hold a gun to their head. Now he's claiming that if 10000hours conclude this deal suddenly St Mirren will be the third best team in the league. The worry for the CIC has to be that there are circa 800 other nutters out there who have signed up to part with £10 per month with the same ridiculous ideas and expectations.

I know I don't need to explain this to you Div, but for Reborns sake I think it's worth expressing. If/when this deal goes though what happens is that St Mirren FC will have new majority shareholders. Those majority shareholders have an innovative and interesting business model, one which I personally think is the future for many of our sports clubs at all levels in the coming years. There is potential in the business model for spin offs that will boost the income and earnings of the football club if those elected to the football club board are intelligent enough to understand the opportunity, however there is just as much potential that all St Mirren will see out of this is new owners who run the club in the same way that it's been run for the last 13 years - which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it's never going to see St Mirren achieve the kind of heights Reborn Saint is boldly predicting.

I hope the deal goes though - it would be nice if it was this week. I've outlined my ideas in detail for anyone to pick up or ignore so there's no need for me to offer any assistance other than to pay my tenner a month. I'll be watching with interest and for all I couldn't give a toss about St Mirren's results I will be cheering on the CIC the whole way and I'll be looking to learn as much as I can as the SFA and the local authority in NL are wanting to create something very similar in Wishaw.

Ok Stuart the games up. As I have already posted on here I can be a bit of a twat, spit the dummy out and rant about the funding bodies which do genuinely annoy me. I have never been against the CIC and am delighted it is going ahead. This site dosn't deal in reality and my position in the CIC will be to vote for a fans board which I am certain will contain enough quality to make the decisions they are allowed to make which rightly will not affect the long term direction of the club. I am totaly convinced the extra revenue we can create will allow us to challange for 3rd place but if I am wrong I will not be shouting from the rafters about how this didn't happen. My position will be to back it, vote for the fans board, support it by attending the events and if I feel something needs highlighting I will do it through the proper channels created by the CIC. Footall is a game and St Mirren are my club. I want them to acheive as much as they can but there are much more important things in life than football. Your suggestion that I and other supporters are some sort of rabble is laughable and I still have no idea why you wish to be involved as a non supporter.... that's like me wanting to get involved with another club like Motherwell. The only reason anyone should be involved in 10000hrs CIC is because they are St Mirren supporters....personaly I would pay £10 per month for no return if I was sure the club would benifit.

Edited by reborn saint

Ok Stuart the games up. As I have already posted on here I can be a bit of a twat, spit the dummy out and rant about the funding bodies which do genuinely annoy me. I have never been against the CIC and am delighted it is going ahead. This site dosn't deal in reality and my position in the CIC will be to vote for a fans board which I am certain will contain enough quality to make the decisions they are allowed to make which rightly will not affect the long term direction of the club. I am totaly convinced the extra revenue we can create will allow us to challange for 3rd place but if I am wrong I will not be shouting from the rafters about how this didn't happen. My position will be to back it, vote for the fans board, support it by attending the events and if I feel something needs highlighting I will do it through the proper channels created by the CIC. Footall is a game and St Mirren are my club. I want them to acheive as much as they can but there are much more important things in life than football. Your suggestion that I and other supporters are some sort of rabble is laughable and I still have no idea why you wish to be involved as a non supporter.... that's like me wanting to get involved with another club like Motherwell. The only reason anyone should be involved in 10000hrs CIC is because they are St Mirren supporters....personaly I would pay £10 per month for no return if I was sure the club would benifit.

Oh Ok....so you aren't interested in Community or Corporate Members if they aren't all St Mirren supporters? :blink: What about Mr Atkinson himself? Was he a St Mirren supporter when he started all this?

And people question me when I say St Mirren supporters are too thick for this.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Oh Ok....so you aren't interested in Community or Corporate Members if they aren't all St Mirren supporters? :blink: What about Mr Atkinson himself? Was he a St Mirren supporter when he started all this?

And people question me when I say St Mirren supporters are too thick for this.... :rolleyes:

Stuart with all due respect can you not see where your posts are going?.... You are declairing yourself as the only voice of reason on here by saying All the St Mirren members who have signed up for the CIC are thick.... and you being a non supporter who has major issues with the club chairman and board have all the answers. As for REA not being a St Mirren supporter I think this fact is very different to your own situation. He is leading this venture and you are not. He became aware of the club through a series of events (hopefully not unfortunate!) and our club is the only one capable of acheiving a massive boost by becoming a CIC. He is not a supporter of any club but I am 100% sure he is one of only a small number of buisnessmen who could have spent the time and effort to deliver this model. Community members will come on board if it is a win/win situation regardless of who they support, Corporate members will judge for themselves whether £10000 will give them a return from their association with the club regardless of who they support. However I will never see why anyone would take an individual membership unless they support the club.

Edited by reborn saint

Stuart with all due respect can you not see where your posts are going?.... You are declairing yourself as the only voice of reason on here by saying All the St Mirren members who have signed up for the CIC are thick.... and you being a non supporter who has major issues with the club chairman and board have all the answers. As for REA not being a St Mirren supporter I think this fact is very different to your own situation. He is leading this venture and you are not. He became aware of the club through a serious of events (hopefully not unfortunate!) and our club is the only one capable of acheiving a massive boost by becoming a CIC. He is not a supporter of any club but I am 100% sure he is one of only a small number of buisnessmen who could have spent the time and effort to deliver this model. Community members will come on board if it is a win/win situation regardless of who they support, Corpoate members will judge for themselves whether £10000 will give them a return from their association with the club regardless of who they support. However I will never see why anyone would take an individual membership unless they support the club.

I like REA and I'd give him a great deal of credit for what he has achieved, but to claim he is one of only a few that could have done this is nonsense. Have a look around, there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of CIC's out there already. Many being run by people who have absolutely no experience of running their own business. You're claim that St Mirren are the only club who could receive a boost from a CIC model is made even more laughable when you know that Edinburgh Spartans, Stenhousmuir and Clyde are already CIC's, that Partick Thistle, Dundee and Wishaw Juniors / Wishaw Ladies are considering becoming CiC's and that Carloanne Dempster at Motherwell has already announced that Motherwell are looking at becoming a community run club. And that's ignoring the fact that the likes of Street Soccer is already a successful SEN, as is the Homeless World Cup.

Secondly I hope you aren't suggesting that 10000hours become an exclusive club only open to St Mirren supporters at Individual Members level. Apart from that being totally against the principles of the funding bodies I also know that it is not part of 10000hours business plan. :rolleyes:

You're claim that St Mirren are the only club who could receive a boost from a CIC model is made even more laughable when you know that Edinburgh Spartans, Stenhousmuir and Clyde are already CIC's,

Your post is even more laughable when you know that St. Mirren aren't becoming a CIC. :P

Edited by The Silent Majority

I like REA and I'd give him a great deal of credit for what he has achieved, but to claim he is one of only a few that could have done this is nonsense. Have a look around, there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of CIC's out there already. Many being run by people who have absolutely no experience of running their own business. You're claim that St Mirren are the only club who could receive a boost from a CIC model is made even more laughable when you know that Edinburgh Spartans, Stenhousmuir and Clyde are already CIC's, that Partick Thistle, Dundee and Wishaw Juniors / Wishaw Ladies are considering becoming CiC's and that Carloanne Dempster at Motherwell has already announced that Motherwell are looking at becoming a community run club. And that's ignoring the fact that the likes of Street Soccer is already a successful SEN, as is the Homeless World Cup.

Secondly I hope you aren't suggesting that 10000hours become an exclusive club only open to St Mirren supporters at Individual Members level. Apart from that being totally against the principles of the funding bodies I also know that it is not part of 10000hours business plan. :rolleyes:

Time will tell Stuart but I think the CIC's you mention are small and do not have the potential to raise a significant increase in support. We have massive potential and our club is unique in that it ticks all the boxes for a top flight CIC. A year from now Stuart we will see who's right. I personaly have no problem with you joining 10000hrs .....the only question i have raised is why?

Time will tell Stuart but I think the CIC's you mention are small and do not have the potential to raise a significant increase in support. We have massive potential and our club is unique in that it ticks all the boxes for a top flight CIC. A year from now Stuart we will see who's right. I personaly have no problem with you joining 10000hrs .....the only question i have raised is why?

The only suggestion I've seen on here that would offer a significant increase in the numbers going through the turn style was mine - where targeting 10 SFA Quality Marked Clubs as Community Members would give you access to approx 600 SFA qualified youth scouts and a potential market of 2,500 under 21's footballers who are all at least keen on playing football. Even then as proud as I am of my plan even I'm not naive enough to think that you'd get all 3,100 to matches paying full admission price.

Sid was the only other one that talked about targeting football, although he claimed that it would be better to target the local league rather than individual clubs. I can't really see how making clubs pay their SYFA membership, league membership and St Mirren Community Membership just to play matches would get more fans through the turn styles but I guess you never know.

I certainly don't think there is a high probability of a church member suddenly developing a desire to pay £20 to sit in a football stand listening to football fans questioning the linesmans parentage just because he's attends church there on a Sunday morning or that a groom and his bride would suddenly have an irresistable urge to buy a season ticket card because they happened to host their wedding reception in the stadium. Even more so, I can't see any increase in support when people like you continue to question why a non St Mirren supporter would be in any way interested in what 10000hours are doing. :rolleyes:

As for being unique - possibly. Certainly you are the only Scottish club to date that has signed up circa 800 members on the back of a promise that there will eventually be a members bar available on match days. Other than that though I can't really see anything in particular about St Mirren that would be particularly unique. Even with my model Falkirk are already ahead having teamed up with Stein Thistle.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

The only suggestion I've seen on here that would offer a significant increase in the numbers going through the turn style was mine - where targeting 10 SFA Quality Marked Clubs as Community Members would give you access to approx 600 SFA qualified youth scouts and a potential market of 2,500 under 21's footballers who are all at least keen on playing football. Even then as proud as I am of my plan even I'm not naive enough to think that you'd get all 3,100 to matches paying full admission price.

Sid was the only other one that talked about targeting football, although he claimed that it would be better to target the local league rather than individual clubs. I can't really see how making clubs pay their SYFA membership, league membership and St Mirren Community Membership just to play matches would get more fans through the turn styles but I guess you never know.

I certainly don't think there is a high probability of a church member suddenly developing a desire to pay £20 to sit in a football stand listening to football fans questioning the linesmans parentage just because he's attends church there on a Sunday morning or that a groom and his bride would suddenly have an irresistable urge to buy a season ticket card because they happened to host their wedding reception in the stadium. Even more so, I can't see any increase in support when people like you continue to question why a non St Mirren supporter would be in any way interested in what 10000hours are doing. :rolleyes:

As for being unique - possibly. Certainly you are the only Scottish club to date that has signed up circa 800 members on the back of a promise that there will eventually be a members bar available on match days. Other than that though I can't really see anything in particular about St Mirren that would be particularly unique. Even with my model Falkirk are already ahead having teamed up with Stein Thistle.

Well it seems it's all a matter of opinion. I for one don't see how linking up with youth teams outside of the local area could offer a significant increase in the attendances. Why would 12 year olds from wishaw want to travel through to Paisley every 2nd week when they can easily go to Fir Park if they want to watch SPL football - even taking into consideration the proposed link up with St. Mirren? I just don't see it. Maybe if the link up was with LOCAL teams then it could impact on our attendances, if we were to encourage them furhter by running free buses to the local surrounding towns and reducing the gate prices for U-16s.

However, I think in terms of a scouting network it would be a good idea.

There may not be a high probability of God fearers or Granny guests at weddings going to the games as a result of using the facilities - however I'm sure you know you've deliberatley chosen these examples to try and make other peoples arguements look silly. I'd prefer to look at the view that corporate and charity dinners held at the club which have a lot of local businesses and people with a lot of disposable income attending them who see how good the facilites we have at the club and want to become more involved after getting a taste of it at these dinners.

Edited by steve_the_saint

Well, I don't know if we should be looking to link up with local teams or not, but what I do know is that if I'm to make a 70 mile round trip to attend a meeting on a Thursday night, I need to know a bit in advance if it is taking place, so that I can make plans to attend around my other commitments. Anyone heard anything about tomorrow maybe being a meeting? Too late for me anyway, have a game of golf arranged. Just wondered if A: No-one has heard a thing, or B: An e-mail or announcement about tomorrow has been issued and I missed it.

Well it seems it's all a matter of opinion. I for one don't see how linking up with youth teams outside of the local area could offer a significant increase in the attendances. Why would 12 year olds from wishaw want to travel through to Paisley every 2nd week when they can easily go to Fir Park if they want to watch SPL football - even taking into consideration the proposed link up with St. Mirren? I just don't see it. Maybe if the link up was with LOCAL teams then it could impact on our attendances, if we were to encourage them furhter by running free buses to the local surrounding towns and reducing the gate prices for U-16s.

However, I think in terms of a scouting network it would be a good idea.

There may not be a high probability of God fearers or Granny guests at weddings going to the games as a result of using the facilities - however I'm sure you know you've deliberatley chosen these examples to try and make other peoples arguements look silly. I'd prefer to look at the view that corporate and charity dinners held at the club which have a lot of local businesses and people with a lot of disposable income attending them who see how good the facilites we have at the club and want to become more involved after getting a taste of it at these dinners.

You'd offer the Wishaw kids tickets to a St Mirren v Motherwell match, Ayrshire kids a St Mirren v Killie match and so on.

It's speculative even if it would cost very little but if you want to bring in more revenue to St Mirren FC and take care of football business it makes sense to use the tools you have to target people who are interested in football.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Stuart,

Can you clarify, as someone who has been extremely supportive and vocal about the cic, albeit someone who claims not to support the club, would you put yourself forward as a fans representative on the board if it was ever possible.

Would you rule yourself out of this now so that your interest in the cic is as you say, only as a way of developing the Wishaw thing?

I suspect that your renewed interest in St Mirren has came as a result of the cic and gilmour going, which is fair enough, but would appreciate transparency if Im wrong, by ruling yourself out of any further involvement other than as a £10 a month cic member.

I think Stuart already mentioned that his views/ideas are there to be taken on or not. I don't see why he needs to rule out any wish to be involved.

To touch on other points a bit, I'd like to see Saint Mirren in a position to run soccer camps around the country/globe and also have a very healthy group of non-Saints fan members within the CIC. Then again, I'd also like to see us running pro-wrestling shows under a tent in the car park. :) I'm really just waiting for this to kick off though, the daggers will be out seconds later and the real work will begin.

MarreZ I've already declared my position months ago. I've absolutely no interest in standing for election to any board. Apart from the fact I'd have no chance of being elected anyway, and not wanting any of the hassle that I think would come with the role, I am also very heavily involved in our own Wishaw project, I have next to no spare time, the wife would cut my balls off if I volunteered for anything else and working shifts would mean I'd never be able to attend meetings.

I'm more than happy to make suggestions or to colaborate to make both 10000 hours and What we are doing at Wishaw a success but you can rest easy MarreZ - I'm out.

Well, I don't know if we should be looking to link up with local teams or not, but what I do know is that if I'm to make a 70 mile round trip to attend a meeting on a Thursday night, I need to know a bit in advance if it is taking place, so that I can make plans to attend around my other commitments. Anyone heard anything about tomorrow maybe being a meeting? Too late for me anyway, have a game of golf arranged. Just wondered if A: No-one has heard a thing, or B: An e-mail or announcement about tomorrow has been issued and I missed it.

I provisionally arranged time off work to attend this meeting as i was working for all the previous meetings, disappointed that no update has been issued and kinda puts me off arranging further time off. add to that i have received an email recently asking me to send in my completed direct debit mandate despite me having handed it in to the glasgow office away back at the beginning. has someone lost my data?

MarreZ I've already declared my position months ago. I've absolutely no interest in standing for election to any board. Apart from the fact I'd have no chance of being elected anyway, and not wanting any of the hassle that I think would come with the role, I am also very heavily involved in our own Wishaw project, I have next to no spare time, the wife would cut my balls off if I volunteered for anything else and working shifts would mean I'd never be able to attend meetings.

I'm more than happy to make suggestions or to colaborate to make both 10000 hours and What we are doing at Wishaw a success but you can rest easy MarreZ - I'm out.

Stuart,

Is it with Wishaw juniors? If so, say hi to Iain Rankin for me. Always had a lot of time for him when he was with Newmains. I suppose a CIC could work with the Juniors, Wishaw would obviously tie up with Motherwell.

I believe Richard is sending out an email this afternoon but suffice to say no meeting taking place tomorrow.

I believe Richard is sending out an email this afternoon but suffice to say no meeting taking place tomorrow.

The thing is, it must be just as frustrating for REA and the 10000hrs team as it is for us... I bet they just want the go-ahead now and there seems to be 1001 hold-ups!

I guess we all just need to remain patient and consider that if it goes ahead it go ahead. :huh:

The thing is, it must be just as frustrating for REA and the 10000hrs team as it is for us... I bet they just want the go-ahead now and there seems to be 1001 hold-ups!

I guess we all just need to remain patient and consider that if it goes ahead it go ahead. :huh:

Pretty much mate, the funding process has dragged on far longer than anyone would have liked or envisaged at the start but there is little that can be done to rush them on. At the end of the day the biggest risks were either;

A. Not getting the funding approved

B. The selling consortium losing patience or another buyer coming in

Since B hasn't happened you have to think that A hasn't happened either !

Think another couple of weeks max and it will all be done but I have thought that before and been wrong !