Johnny Baird

billyg

:blink:

It was Gus who signed him for St. Mirren in the first place. :1eye

Gus had never seen him play , he was signed on the say so of Andy Millen who knew him from his Clyde days. Well done Bairdy for getting it right up the clueless wee scrote ! :)

A player we should never have let go. He was always dangerous in the very few opportunities he was given with us.

Exactly....he was a player that would have been developed under a good manager like Danny Lennon. :) I remember him scoring a belter on his pre-season debut - think it was against the Bino's. Pretty sure Millen was playing that day and might even have got the assist for the goal although wee Bairdy sailed past a few tackles like Messi. :)

Gus had never seen him play , he was signed on the say so of Andy Millen who knew him from his Clyde days. Well done Bairdy for getting it right up the clueless wee scrote ! :)

baird came on trial with us, i remember him playing a preseason game against stirling albion for us. gus gave him chances in the 1st team, it never worked out so what gus took us to where we wanted to go. well done john doing well at his level.

He f**ked up once at a game against the sheep at LS. That ended his spell with Paisley Saint Mirren. .(IIRC) :blink:

I could be wrong but...........was he not named in the team to play ,St J but got a heavy doing at a ,Glasgow bus stop the night before the game?

I could be wrong but...........was he not named in the team to play ,St J but got a heavy doing at a ,Glasgow bus stop the night before the game?

Yeah John , that's John Baird you're talking about , the subject of the thread , others for some reason , are talking about Alan Reid ! :blink:

• 2 years later...

Nice to see young John giving it to the guy who threw him on the scrapheap. How do you like it Gus? http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

John Baird was another player who was going to come back and haunt us according to many on here.Well he's just been dumped back on the scrap heap by Thistle......and Gus was nowhere in sight.