Meeting on Thursday Confirmed

St. Sid

Guest somner9

You have to wonder if all is going so well with 10000 hours and there's much to be done to keep the pledgers up to date this evening why has RA spent most of the day on here reading our collective drivel? :D

You have to wonder if all is going so well with 10000 hours and there's much to be done to keep the pledgers up to date this evening why has RA spent most of the day on here reading our collective drivel? :D

He's desperately scouring for more pearls of wisdom from StuDicks visit to the SEN event back in June. The success of the CIC is hinging on the go ahead from Wishaw Diddy FC. :P

Multi-tasking? Again you jump to the conclusion that suits your agenda. Breaking news: Firefox, and IE allow you to have several tabs open at once. :o I've currently got 12 pages on the go. :D

Edited by civilsaint

Guest somner9

I would be stunned if Gordon is involved.

Maybe someone like him but not him himself

Might be a few upset buds if it transpires he isn't after the exclusive revealed on here :o

Edited by somner9

It is as you say completely down to individual members to judge what part/parts of 10000 hours proposal they see as a benefit. And I firmly uphold anyone's right to chose to support it, and respect whatever reason they may have for doing so!

I don't support the proposal put forward by 10000 hours, the back to front way it has been handled, and the ongoing delay which given that the sellers want to sell, the buyers like the deal one can only assume the hold up is readies?

I've never questioned anyone's reason for supporting this, I don't think the supporters are impressionable mugs, i know and grew up with a fair few of them. I question RA and 10000 hours ability to land a deal that benefits SMFC. To date despite all their promise of "Open" and "transparent" due process nothing has been finalised (Their words not mine)

Whatever the outcome I want the buddies to emerge stronger and better for it

I wasn't able to make the meeting tonight due to work. I haven't joined 10,000 hours because of any benefits but because I think it's the right thing for the club. At the moment SMFC is well run and within budget but that could easily change in the future with new private owners. I believe that the support and community having a say in the major issues affecting the club is the best way to safeguard it from future mis-management (like so many other clubs we could mention). I have some reservations but if/when the funding is approved some of those will be groundless. For me the most important thing is that SMFC is still well run and within budget in another 125 years and I believe the CiC is the best option for that to happen. A supporter's bar that I might use once a fortnight during the season is a small bonus.

Was at the meeting and indeed Gordon Scott is now involved, Deal 99% done, could be complete any day now, If you wanna know anything you should have went to the meeting :P And i cant be bothered typing it all out, Div will be on shortly and let you know more :wink:

Let's Here it for G L S & the C I C B) Feegie For Football - Sounds real COOL ! :D

Just back from the meeting. RA said the deal is 99% done and has been held up by a technical issue which has been dragging on for a few weeks and until the deal is done he can't share what the hold up has been but he is dying to explain it all once the deal has gone through. RA also said he has been told by the last funder that he should have no concerns about their money arriving and it is a formality. Tony Fitzpatrick answered questions and said he was aware of online rumours claiming he had fallen out with the CIC people or lost interest in it and said those were rubbish... it did sound as if he had been worried at one point that the deal might not happen or was frustrated by the delays but he is still very positive about the CIC being the way forward. Gordon Scott answered questions too and explained it has only been in the last couple of weeks that he has taken an interest in the CIC and reached the view that despite his initial ignorance of how a CIC worked and questions about how it could benefit St Mirren FC he has been won over and supports it and would consider standing for election to the new board when the deal goes through. He was asked about his own offer to buy the club and said he offered what he thought was a fair price and when he was asked whether he thought it was better that the CIC took over the majority shareholding or whether he'd been successful he said he preferred the CIC route and joked that this was because it saved him spending a fortune on St Mirren and on a more serious note he said that it can be frustrating being on the BoD and not be able to talk more to the fans about decisions and why they were made or why good things hadn't happened and he welcomed the CIC model as offering more openness with the fans as well as being able to use their skills and enthusiasm.

Just back from the meeting. RA said the deal is 99% done and has been held up by a technical issue which has been dragging on for a few weeks and until the deal is done he can't share what the hold up has been but he is dying to explain it all once the deal has gone through. RA also said he has been told by the last funder that he should have no concerns about their money arriving and it is a formality. Tony Fitzpatrick answered questions and said he was aware of online rumours claiming he had fallen out with the CIC people or lost interest in it and said those were rubbish... it did sound as if he had been worried at one point that the deal might not happen or was frustrated by the delays but he is still very positive about the CIC being the way forward. Gordon Scott answered questions too and explained it has only been in the last couple of weeks that he has taken an interest in the CIC and reached the view that despite his initial ignorance of how a CIC worked and questions about how it could benefit St Mirren FC he has been won over and supports it and would consider standing for election to the new board when the deal goes through. He was asked about his own offer to buy the club and said he offered what he thought was a fair price and when he was asked whether he thought it was better that the CIC took over the majority shareholding or whether he'd been successful he said he preferred the CIC route and joked that this was because it saved him spending a fortune on St Mirren and on a more serious note he said that it can be frustrating being on the BoD and not be able to talk more to the fans about decisions and why they were made or why good things hadn't happened and he welcomed the CIC model as offering more openness with the fans as well as being able to use their skills and enthusiasm.

Cheers for that.

Wee green dot cometh :)

RA also said the company that has been set up that he is on alongside the consortium members will be the method used for paying the consortium their money once the lenders transfer the money to the CIC. He estimated that between the final 1% of the jigsaw falling in to place and the lenders making their money available to the CIC and the CIC giving the consortium their money and the legal work required to do all of this we could be looking at a 6 week time frame or thereabouts and then admitted he was a bit reticent to make a predicted time frame given the track record of things taking longer than expected so far.

He also said that the CIC could get up to £500k taken off their debt repayments as this figure would be seen by lenders as a return on the social investment or benefits the CIC were bringing to the local community and that some of the lenders were so enthusiastic they were happy to withhold receiving any repayments from the CIC for the first year and in one case the first five years.

Tony Fitzpatrick also said the CIC had been in touch with Sir Alex Ferguson and while he had severed ties with the St Mirren board he had never fallen out with the St Mirren fans and it sounded like Fergie wished the CIC well... he also said that with the way the team had been playing Danny Lennon did not have to worry about Fergie being brought in to replace him once the CIC went through :)

Good meeting. New social funder has volunteered further investment out of the blue. The other social fund deals have been improved in our favour. REA delivered brilliantly again - very fine public speaker for his age.

I've had a few lump in the throat moments at the football this season already. Fantastic to see GLS side by side with Tony Fitzpatrick promoting the CIC.

One Town, One Club....very much a reality.

Another great night to be a Buddie. :)

Good summary from Dibble :)

Some other points;

798 people have pledged individual support for the CIC

Around 500 of those have returned completed direct debit forms

The 24 target for community members has been reached and surpassed

The corporate membership target is difficult to measure as some corporate organisations are looking to group together to take out joint/group membership. The CIC welcomes this approach but there are some concerns about ensuring voting rights remain fair among the corporate members so this is still being worked through.

There is a 22 page document which outlines the processes and procedures that will underpin the CIC and this document is currently being worked on and refined ready for launch.

The construction of the members bar area will begin as soon as the deal is completed. The design, costings, contractors etc are all in place and the experience of GLS in the project will be very valuable given his experience in the construction industry and the build of the stadium.

Complete aside, but the elimination of Celtic, Rangers and Hearts from Europe tonight will cost Saints "several thousand pounds" due to some sort of UEFA "solidarity fund" whatever that is :blink:

Some of the funding to complete the deal is sitting in a bank account but the CIC don't want to draw it down until the full £2m is in place.

There will be an interim football board appointed on completion of the deal who will steer the club through to the AGM which takes place in December. Those board members will be able to stand for election at that time if they so wish. The initial interim board will be made up of individuals within the CIC who it is felt have the best skills to deal with the early challenges. I'd expect GLS and Tony Fitz to both join that board but that part is just my opinion !

GLS will not be "representing the 48%" as such. He feels that divisions like 48% vs CIC are negative and that everyone should pull together and work together to take the club forward once the deal completes.

Deal "should" complete any time now, but after that it will be "around 6 weeks" before all the legal paperwork is completed, the shares change hands, and the CIC becomes the majority shareholder in the club.

The kit deal with JD is very financially rewarding for the club and whilst there have been teething problems (availability of socks etc) the general result of the kit and training kit deal with JD has been very good for the club. There was absolutely no fall out with Alan Provan.

The club retains the rights to the merchandising (ie all the other club related stuff) and is working on improving the club shop. This will merge with the ticket office to allow fans much more accessibility to buy Saints merchandise (and tickets !) as well as up-selling gear when people are in buying match tickets. It was accepted that the club shop could be better but the club is trialling ranges at the moment to work out what sells and does not want to tie up lots of cash in stock. All lines are on very short order lead times so stock will be replenished between home games.

The cash flow problems that have dogged the club in recent years have been worked on very hard over the last year and the current budget, which makes no provision at all for ANY cup cash or extra TV games, should mean there are no cash flow issues, but there is provision to cover any issue in future (through Maxi) if it were needed in an emergency situation.

I think they are the salient points I can remember !

Good summary from Dibble :)

Some other points;

798 people have pledged individual support for the CIC

Around 500 of those have returned completed direct debit forms

The 24 target for community members has been reached and surpassed

The corporate membership target is difficult to measure as some corporate organisations are looking to group together to take out joint/group membership. The CIC welcomes this approach but there are some concerns about ensuring voting rights remain fair among the corporate members so this is still being worked through.

There is a 22 page document which outlines the processes and procedures that will underpin the CIC and this document is currently being worked on and refined ready for launch.

The construction of the members bar area will begin as soon as the deal is completed. The design, costings, contractors etc are all in place and the experience of GLS in the project will be very valuable given his experience in the construction industry and the build of the stadium.

Complete aside, but the elimination of c*ltic, r*ngers and Hearts from Europe tonight will cost Saints "several thousand pounds" due to some sort of UEFA "solidarity fund" whatever that is :blink:

Some of the funding to complete the deal is sitting in a bank account but the CIC don't want to draw it down until the full £2m is in place.

There will be an interim football board appointed on completion of the deal who will steer the club through to the AGM which takes place in December. Those board members will be able to stand for election at that time if they so wish. The initial interim board will be made up of individuals within the CIC who it is felt have the best skills to deal with the early challenges. I'd expect GLS and Tony Fitz to both join that board but that part is just my opinion !

GLS will not be "representing the 48%" as such. He feels that divisions like 48% vs CIC are negative and that everyone should pull together and work together to take the club forward once the deal completes.

Deal "should" complete any time now, but after that it will be "around 6 weeks" before all the legal paperwork is completed, the shares change hands, and the CIC becomes the majority shareholder in the club.

The kit deal with JD is very financially rewarding for the club and whilst there have been teething problems (availability of socks etc) the general result of the kit and training kit deal with JD has been very good for the club. There was absolutely no fall out with Alan Provan.

The club retains the rights to the merchandising (ie all the other club related stuff) and is working on improving the club shop. This will merge with the ticket office to allow fans much more accessibility to buy Saints merchandise (and tickets !) as well as up-selling gear when people are in buying match tickets. It was accepted that the club shop could be better but the club is trialling ranges at the moment to work out what sells and does not want to tie up lots of cash in stock. All lines are on very short order lead times so stock will be replenished between home games.

The cash flow problems that have dogged the club in recent years have been worked on very hard over the last year and the current budget, which makes no provision at all for ANY cup cash or extra TV games, should mean there are no cash flow issues, but there is provision to cover any issue in future (through Maxi) if it were needed in an emergency situation.

I think they are the salient points I can remember !

Thanks for this Div. Was unable to be there tonight, but hopefully this will bring an end to the nonsense fake claims from the CiC-phobics on here.

Roll on 10000hrs CiC! :D

And really well done REA et al!

Very good summary Div......best moment of the night was watching your baldy napper blush when REA used you as an example of an interim Board member. :P

Reading the summaries of the meeting while listening to greetin' knuckledraggers on Your Call on the tranny - what a complete contrast between our clubs and thank feck I support who I do. "Scottish football" is not f**ked - its 2 biggest clubs are. Elsewhere there are great things going on and we typify that. :)