Meeting on Thursday Confirmed

St. Sid

Good summary from Dibble :)

Some other points;

798 people have pledged individual support for the CIC

Around 500 of those have returned completed direct debit forms

The 24 target for community members has been reached and surpassed

The corporate membership target is difficult to measure as some corporate organisations are looking to group together to take out joint/group membership. The CIC welcomes this approach but there are some concerns about ensuring voting rights remain fair among the corporate members so this is still being worked through.

There is a 22 page document which outlines the processes and procedures that will underpin the CIC and this document is currently being worked on and refined ready for launch.

The construction of the members bar area will begin as soon as the deal is completed. The design, costings, contractors etc are all in place and the experience of GLS in the project will be very valuable given his experience in the construction industry and the build of the stadium.

Complete aside, but the elimination of c*ltic, r*ngers and Hearts from Europe tonight will cost Saints "several thousand pounds" due to some sort of UEFA "solidarity fund" whatever that is :blink:

Some of the funding to complete the deal is sitting in a bank account but the CIC don't want to draw it down until the full £2m is in place.

There will be an interim football board appointed on completion of the deal who will steer the club through to the AGM which takes place in December. Those board members will be able to stand for election at that time if they so wish. The initial interim board will be made up of individuals within the CIC who it is felt have the best skills to deal with the early challenges. I'd expect GLS and Tony Fitz to both join that board but that part is just my opinion !

GLS will not be "representing the 48%" as such. He feels that divisions like 48% vs CIC are negative and that everyone should pull together and work together to take the club forward once the deal completes.

Deal "should" complete any time now, but after that it will be "around 6 weeks" before all the legal paperwork is completed, the shares change hands, and the CIC becomes the majority shareholder in the club.

The kit deal with JD is very financially rewarding for the club and whilst there have been teething problems (availability of socks etc) the general result of the kit and training kit deal with JD has been very good for the club. There was absolutely no fall out with Alan Provan.

The club retains the rights to the merchandising (ie all the other club related stuff) and is working on improving the club shop. This will merge with the ticket office to allow fans much more accessibility to buy Saints merchandise (and tickets !) as well as up-selling gear when people are in buying match tickets. It was accepted that the club shop could be better but the club is trialling ranges at the moment to work out what sells and does not want to tie up lots of cash in stock. All lines are on very short order lead times so stock will be replenished between home games.

The cash flow problems that have dogged the club in recent years have been worked on very hard over the last year and the current budget, which makes no provision at all for ANY cup cash or extra TV games, should mean there are no cash flow issues, but there is provision to cover any issue in future (through Maxi) if it were needed in an emergency situation.

I think they are the salient points I can remember !

I knew I was right not to take out my notepad.

Guest somner9

All done in 6 weeks??? And christmas mentioned too! But still funding not granted! as Johnny Logan said "Whats another year?"

Forgot the best bit in classic Father Ted style "The new company has been set up so the £2m knicker can just "Rest There" until it goes to the selling consortium"

Edited by somner9

Some other points;

The corporate membership target is difficult to measure as some corporate organisations are looking to group together to take out joint/group membership. The CIC welcomes this approach but there are some concerns about ensuring voting rights remain fair among the corporate members so this is still being worked through.

There is a 22 page document which outlines the processes and procedures that will underpin the CIC and this document is currently being worked on and refined ready for launch.

The construction of the members bar area will begin as soon as the deal is completed. The design, costings, contractors etc are all in place and the experience of GLS in the project will be very valuable given his experience in the construction industry and the build of the stadium.

Complete aside, but the elimination of c*ltic, r*ngers and Hearts from Europe tonight will cost Saints "several thousand pounds" due to some sort of UEFA "solidarity fund" whatever that is :blink:

Some of the funding to complete the deal is sitting in a bank account but the CIC don't want to draw it down until the full £2m is in place.

There will be an interim football board appointed on completion of the deal who will steer the club through to the AGM which takes place in December. Those board members will be able to stand for election at that time if they so wish. The initial interim board will be made up of individuals within the CIC who it is felt have the best skills to deal with the early challenges. I'd expect GLS and Tony Fitz to both join that board but that part is just my opinion !

GLS will not be "representing the 48%" as such. He feels that divisions like 48% vs CIC are negative and that everyone should pull together and work together to take the club forward once the deal completes.

Deal "should" complete any time now, but after that it will be "around 6 weeks" before all the legal paperwork is completed, the shares change hands, and the CIC becomes the majority shareholder in the club.

The kit deal with JD is very financially rewarding for the club and whilst there have been teething problems (availability of socks etc) the general result of the kit and training kit deal with JD has been very good for the club. There was absolutely no fall out with Alan Provan.

The club retains the rights to the merchandising (ie all the other club related stuff) and is working on improving the club shop. This will merge with the ticket office to allow fans much more accessibility to buy Saints merchandise (and tickets !) as well as up-selling gear when people are in buying match tickets. It was accepted that the club shop could be better but the club is trialling ranges at the moment to work out what sells and does not want to tie up lots of cash in stock. All lines are on very short order lead times so stock will be replenished between home games.

The cash flow problems that have dogged the club in recent years have been worked on very hard over the last year and the current budget, which makes no provision at all for ANY cup cash or extra TV games, should mean there are no cash flow issues, but there is provision to cover any issue in future (through Maxi) if it were needed in an emergency situation.

All done in 6 weeks??? And christmas mentioned too! But still funding not granted! as Johnny Logan said "Whats another year?"

Forgot the best bit in classic Father Ted style "The new company has been set up so the £2m knicker can just "Rest There" until it goes to the selling consortium"

Death to the cynics. :P

Sorry Div, cannae help it. :)

You and your friends must be beginning to wonder if day does actually follow night. Has anything been predicted properly by the anti-CIC users of this forum? Fitzy still there, Gordon Scott there, nobody setting fire to their direct debit forms or rioting over being a "second class citizen".

I said to the guy next to me, "can't wait for all this to go online and be misunderstood" ... it's just so so obvious. The only thing to have a go about now is deadlines being missed, deadlines that Richard can't control. Yet still, no "this is bad because...".

If the selling consortium aren't bothered by the delay, then I can't really understand why we should be bothered :unsure:

"It's a fomality". That is exactly what was said. That's good enough for me.

Another rumour quashed tonight was the consortium are losing patience with the CIC - they've had representation at the meetings with the different funders and appreciate where things are at. RA said the consortium would prefer to already have their money than not have it but are relaxed about progress.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Verge of tears.

Looks like you're running out of rumours to cling on to.

Why the constant snide remarks? yet you claim to be genuinly concerned by 10000hrs. Do you have anything constructive to add or is the future of St Mirren all a big joke to you?

Edited by civilsaint

Well we'll all know in six weeks time.... or christmas :wink:

Yet again you fail to read what was written. Why do you keep mentioning 6 weeks? No one said all will be complete in 6 weeks. The reference to "6 weeks" is the time it takes for legalities to complete once funding is in place.

Do keep up.

Edited by civilsaint

There is a wide acceptance now that the CIC is happening, it is now just a matter of time. The feel of the meeting tonight was not one of what if...but more one of when?

A very positive room, very positive top table with Scott, REA, Tony and GLS.

Also great to hear that the manager and players are also excited by the CIC - Tony specifically mentioned Shuggie. :D

Some other points;

I think we should all appreciate the hard work REA has put into this over a VERY long period of time. Like most of us I have become frustrated at a never ending timescale but wish to acknowledge the durability of our CIC board under Richard to see this through. I have posted before the fact he is one of very few candidates to acheive this goal (Stuart Dickson disagrees) and i still think some of the funders do not have the means to agree anything within a modern timescale. A lesser man would have walked away long ago and we should all repay him with our support and appreciation.

Good positive meeting, and delighted to see Gordon Scott involved. Very positive comment from Gordon that he didn't want to see 'factions' such as him being some sort of '48% shareholders' representative. Everyone is in it together, on the same team... very positive message.

One town, one team...

Bring it on.

There is a wide acceptance now that the CIC is happening, it is now just a matter of time. The feel of the meeting tonight was not one of what if...but more one of when?

A very positive room, very positive top table with Scott, REA, Tony and GLS.

Also great to hear that the manager and players are also excited by the CIC - Tony specifically mentioned Shuggie. :D

I thought it was a very good meeting and being the first I made it to, I was impressed with RA and others talking.

Some funny moments too, the best being when RA was saying OF going out of Europe was bad news as we lose money and someone said "that's a price worth paying" laugh.gif

I thought it was a very good meeting and being the first I made it to, I was impressed with RA and others talking.

Some funny moments too, the best being when RA was saying OF going out of Europe was bad news as we lose money and someone said "that's a price worth paying" laugh.gif

On a serious note it is a price worth paying in the long run. St Mirren and other SPL clubs lose a few thousand pounds of UEFA money while r*ngers and c*ltic miss out on millions they were expecting... c*ltic had a big loss last year with a huge squad, massive wage bill and falling gates in the SPL and missed out on te Europa League group stages and are looking at another big loss this year. r*ngers only got a gate of 31k tonight for a crunch European game.

The "signing" of GLS is a very positive step, and must go a long way to reassure those of us who may have been in favour of a CIC concept, but had reservations as to how it would be run efficiently. Can't think of anyone better for the role, and I'm sure he'll unite most (if not all) to get right behind the CIC.

Throughout many of the online debates GLS had been championed as some kind of "leader of the disenfranchised 48%" - a position that none of his actions merited. Hopefully, his talk of unity will be heeded.

Take a look at the moral and fiscal basket cases that are littering the SPL - especially after tonight. If run properly, this CIC does present an opportunity to pull clear of the stinking mire.

PS Maybe REA has the hide of a rhino, but this week he politely answered some queries I raised via e-mail, and in a reverse of the Keegan meltdown, he "went up in my estimations".

I think RA also said that the numbers would have worked if they only had half the target number signing up, and that with the number of fans pledging and taking out DD mandates if all the corporate members pulled out after 4 years the CIC would still have the funds to repay all the loan repayments.

RA also said that he would expect 90% of those who have pledged their support to complete their DD mandate based on how CIC's usually work out and he also reckoned that more people would join once the deal had gone through and reckoned that over time it would be not unreasonable to strive to get 1250 individual members signed up (equivalent to 50% of season ticket holders).

I think RA also said that the numbers would have worked if they only had half the target number signing up, and that with the number of fans pledging and taking out DD mandates if all the corporate members pulled out after 4 years the CIC would still have the funds to repay all the loan repayments.

RA also said that he would expect 90% of those who have pledged their support to complete their DD mandate based on how CIC's usually work out and he also reckoned that more people would join once the deal had gone through and reckoned that over time it would be not unreasonable to strive to get 1250 individual members signed up (equivalent to 50% of season ticket holders).

Dibble first off thanks for the updates. I couldn't make the meeting tonight either due to prior commitments but it's been great to read the summaries. I've given green dots in the relevant posts.

1250 individuals should be doable so long as the appropriate incentives are put in place. I think 10000hours have got all the people they will get offering a vote and the possibility of a pint before the match but there's no reason at all to assume that if value is added to the membership that others won't sign up.

I've said all along though the most important figure is the community membership. Boost that and you'll repay less. If the initial board get this bit right they will keep the current members happy and if they can demonstrate the benefits and make the process more clear cut and simple there's an opportunity to increase the numbers involved.

Did anyone else mention that new graphics, featuring the 'Hall of Fame' legends 'circle' that was on the launch document are being installed on the main stand gable ends?

Apologies if someone already reported it.

Nice one, sounds brilliant.

On the subject of the stadium, as the graphic designer who has contact wit those in authority, can you ask why advertising on the rear wall of the main stand is sold in such an ad hoc manner? It should be sold in blocks of a specific size or multiples thereof. The current adverts are all different heights, no symmetry, no alignment and as a result, no class. It might sound petty but it's the small things that make a place look right. :ph34r:

Nice one, sounds brilliant.

On the subject of the stadium, as the graphic designer who has contact wit those in authority, can you ask why advertising on the rear wall of the main stand is sold in such an ad hoc manner? It should be sold in blocks of a specific size or multiples thereof. The current adverts are all different heights, no symmetry, no alignment and as a result, no class. It might sound petty but it's the small things that make a place look right. :ph34r:

Hadn't really noticed that. I did notice that the adverts on that back wall have changed a few times since first making an appearance. I'll pay more attention on Sunday!

Anyway, the more unique additions to the stadium the better.

Who knows, maybe someone will buy naming rights to the whole ground one day. Wouldn't bother me one bit, if it brought in the readies to help with another Teale, Thompson or Hasselbaink. I always thought there was scope to approach an airline, and have huge adverts on the stand roofs - which are visible when taking off or landing at Paisley Renfrewshire International. EasyJet in bright orange and white would be a possibility?

One thing I know about RA - he'd give it a go if there was a chance, as long as the solar panels don't interfere.... !