Meeting on Thursday Confirmed

St. Sid

If no one else is interested then why are 10000 Hours quite happy to pay the £2 million to the consortium and not a lower figure?

When are you joining up Scott? :lol:

Who says they are happy to pay £2 million? Thats what the selling price was. Perhaps they realised that quie a large chunk of that would be coming back to the cic in the form of Corporate membership over a period of say 10 years?

With the amount of community work and initiatives the Club have started recently, then most of the Grants will not even have to be paid back IMO. That just leaves around £800k (I beleive) to be paid in cash. I can see the CIC being debt-free in a lot less than 10 years.

The sooner the CIC's debt is paid off, the sooner Saints will see more cash coming in.

The CIC and St.Miirren needs YOU !! :lol:

Guest somner9

I think when you said RA drags people out to give his plan a veneer of credibility was maybe something to do with it.

You're gonna have to have a keener eye for detail as aboard member :D

Waht the poster stated as fact and you have highlighted "Lacks" the "lack"

If it's tangible it exists!

Look back at the question you asked, then look at my answer. All going well it will make perfect sense.

Anyway, why all this pish posting? Are you trying to deflect away from the fact that the CIC looks like it is going to happen, and that it has insignificant support, and that it will benefit St Mirren Football Club?

So the deal's done then? We've got a date?

As the first sentence of my previous post which you quoted made clear last night's meting was also helpful in updating us on where the CIC takeover bid is at and just about all the posts from those attending the meeting have said the deal is not yet complete and have also mentioned some of the factors which will influence the timescale and hoops which have to be gone through. It would be interesting to know when you consider the deal will be complete by the way. Is it when the final funder says that' your money ready and when the £2m is secured in a CIC bank account or is it later in he process when the consortium have been paid and their shares transferred to the CIC and after an interim board replacing the current BoD has been replaced by the 3 new boards and the full CIC set up is in full swing. When we are in full swing mode will you still be on here moaning we could have had more CIC members if only RA and co had done it the way you suggested?

Guest somner9

As the first sentence of my previous post which you quoted made clear last night's meting was also helpful in updating us on where the CIC takeover bid is at and just about all the posts from those attending the meeting have said the deal is not yet complete and have also mentioned some of the factors which will influence the timescale and hoops which have to be gone through. It would be interesting to know when you consider the deal will be complete by the way. Is it when the final funder says that' your money ready and when the £2m is secured in a CIC bank account or is it later in he process when the consortium have been paid and their shares transferred to the CIC and after an interim board replacing the current BoD has been replaced by the 3 new boards and the full CIC set up is in full swing. When we are in full swing mode will you still be on here moaning we could have had more CIC members if only RA and co had done it the way you suggested?

Upon transfer of ownership! simples :D

Read my post above offering to leave the debate...... as yet no takers!

Guest somner9

Look back at the question you asked, then look at my answer. All going well it will make perfect sense.

Anyway, why all this pish posting? Are you trying to deflect away from the fact that the CIC looks like it is going to happen, and that it has insignificant support, and that it will benefit St Mirren Football Club?

Nope on all three counts :D

Guest somner9

We're delighted that your here to stay. Healthy debate is good. Would be better if the anti-brigade had some more clout in the IQ department though.

Sorry you've lost me I work in the IT dept :D

Upon transfer of ownership! simples :D

Read my post above offering to leave the debate...... as yet no takers!

You stated you were leaving the debate, you didn't 'offer' to leave mate.

Anyway, you must be quite happy posting every second reply <_<

Happy to retire from the debate for a while as I get the feeling that whatever is posted in a favourable way about last night's meeting that somner9 will attempt to rubbish or scoff at the progress being made, and when the CIC going through is now a formality it doesn't need me or anyone else posting here to defend its credibility from the mudslingers. Was happy to contribute by adding my memories of what was discussed at the meeting but I think between Sid, Div, Poz etc every topic and question and answer has now just about been relayed to the B&WA. Will take a back seat and will await more news from RA and co with interest.

What, no El Presidente Sid campaign? That's a disappointment.

REA is the President - an unelected one. The CIC President will be nothing more than a puppet - a Saddam / Gadaffi figure who will lap up the faux power, but ultimately will be nothing more than a fall guy whenever the occasion requires a change of regime, whilst the real President is untouchable. That is a positive in my humble opinion though.

I prefer my independent status and the ability to switch my opinion for pure self amusement. :P

I am anti a back to front proposal, executed in a back to front manner that only serves to raise a debt that trading at the club will have to pay for. If the proposal ever does come off the endeavours of 10000 hours, the CiC, the bar etc will not be putting anything by the way of SMFC! but indeed want to take as much resource, effort and good name of SMFC to help pay off it's debt.

Yes i know they said they hope in a year or two to be contributing to the club, but that is all it is a HOPE, like they HOPE to complete at some point. You can try all you like trying to paint my position as you have above but anyone including yourself that has read my posts can see your take on my position is as accurate as RA's timetable to complete.... It's all over the place :D

But it will never stop me supporting the club I love, so do your worst

When CIC came about I had the same question you are putting now.

So I sent an e-mail to RA who kindly replayed with a straight answer. From the answer I knew I wanted to become a member.

What was the answer I hear you ask ? Write to RA and he will give you all the information you need. Get it from the horses mouth , go on send RA an e-mail

Are we going over all this old ground again?

The meeting on Thursday night was a "Members" meeting. If you wish to know what happened at the meeting then you should have joined and attended!

The details of the cic need not be poured over on here again.....

I'm confused. Did you mean to quote me or someone else in relation to this post mate? Just a bit baffled because I have returned my DD mandate ages ago and have been at all the meetings!

REA is the President - an unelected one. The CIC President will be nothing more than a puppet - a Saddam / Gadaffi figure who will lap up the faux power, but ultimately will be nothing more than a fall guy whenever the occasion requires a change of regime, whilst the real President is untouchable. That is a positive in my humble opinion though.

I prefer my independent status and the ability to switch my opinion for pure self amusement. :P

Sid, that could be taken as you saying you've been happy to 'back the bid' in an online forum sense, but with the bid nearing completion and the success of it requiring people to turn words into action, you wish no further part, and will sit back to let others crack on.

Surely the cut of your jib is made of sterner stuff. Tell me we aren't looking at a scenario whereby you sit behind a keyboard sniping at the 'hangers on and sausage roll thief cnutcillor types' when here you are with an opportunity to put yourself forward to affect change (in whatever small way) from the inside, and ensure such sausage roll theft doesn't happen in the first place.

Sorry you've lost me I work in the IT dept :D

Switch the CIC off and on again and you'll be fine. :wink:

Ladies - the treatment of Somner9 is pish poor. He has concerns and is entitled to voice them. You have the right to respond; however some of the posts are a wee bit too defensive suggesting that you actually lack confidence in the CIC bid. Somner9 is quite correct - as yet the CIC is nothing more than a proposal. It is not 100% to go ahead and that was confirmed last night. Somner9 has a perfectly valid take on the current situation in relation to the stage the CIC is at.

The CIC is not 100% going to happen. It is only 99% going to happen. Until it is 100% then his concerns are valid. Trying to argue against that position is pointless and just fuels a negative debate.

The CIC is not in any danger from Somner9 posting that the deal is not 100%. The only danger from the information divulged at the meeting is a "technicality" and a mere "formality". Beasting Somner9 is not going to help the CIC and will in fact represent the CIC in a negative light. Open season on that bawbag StuDick though. :P

Switch the CIC off and on again and you'll be fine. :wink:

Ladies - the treatment of Somner9 is pish poor. He has concerns and is entitled to voice them. You have the right to respond; however some of the posts are a wee bit too defensive suggesting that you actually lack confidence in the CIC bid. Somner9 is quite correct - as yet the CIC is nothing more than a proposal. It is not 100% to go ahead and that was confirmed last night. Somner9 has a perfectly valid take on the current situation in relation to the stage the CIC is at.

The CIC is not 100% going to happen. It is only 99% going to happen. Until it is 100% then his concerns are valid. Trying to argue against that position is pointless and just fuels a negative debate.

The CIC is not in any danger from Somner9 posting that the deal is not 100%. The only danger from the information divulged at the meeting is a "technicality" and a mere "formality". Beasting Somner9 is not going to help the CIC and will in fact represent the CIC in a negative light. Open season on that bawbag StuDick though. :P

Fine ghost written post there, spoiled by the last sentence.

Sid, that could be taken as you saying you've been happy to 'back the bid' in an online forum sense, but with the bid nearing completion and the success of it requiring people to turn words into action, you wish no further part, and will sit back to let others crack on.

Surely the cut of your jib is made of sterner stuff. Tell me we aren't looking at a scenario whereby you sit behind a keyboard sniping at the 'hangers on and sausage roll thief cnutcillor types' when here you are with an opportunity to put yourself forward to affect change (in whatever small way) from the inside, and ensure such sausage roll theft doesn't happen in the first place.

My position has always consistent Poz. I despise committees and the type of people that sit on them - especially c"ntcillors. St Mirren is a football club. That is what I am interested. I have been very impressed by the CIC guys, I also have great respect for ALL of the current Board, and for me the chap from the Kibble is going to be massive for us.

St Mirren is about football for me. Nothing more, nothing less. The CIC is great and the one town, one club will be great and I believe that will be delivered. However, I don't need a hall monitor badge to support the CIC. I haven't had one to date and I don't need one moving forward.

There's plenty St Mirren supporters that turn up week in week out that don't wear a tie, a scarf or a St Mirren hat. They are still St Mirren supporters. SMiSA, FOSMA have been on the go for some time. They are a fraction of our support. There are supporters who have never been on a Saints supporters bus never mind been a member of it. This does not make them lesser supporters, nor does it make them enemies of supporters buses or St Mirren hats.

Independent communication will be critical for the success of the CIC. I actually do share the concern posted by "animal" relating the second class supporter. Are we heading into a world where the CIC can do no evil and anyone saying differently is not a St Mirren supporter, or is in some way a lesser St Mirren supporter. That is a very dangerous position for the CIC and the club.

If the CIC committee engages with and represents all supporters they will have nothing to fear from me. :P

I've certainly nothing more to add on the subject, it's pointless going over the same ground again.

When it is done it is done, and hopefully at that point everyone can either get right behind the new ownership model, or at least give it a fighting chance to succeed.

Take your inspiration from the dressing room wall of the first team, these statements say it better than any corporate presentation ever will;

post-2-0-32881500-1314370858_thumb.jpg post-2-0-53408600-1314370859_thumb.jpg post-2-0-34677400-1314370860_thumb.jpg

I've certainly nothing more to add on the subject, it's pointless going over the same ground again.

When it is done it is done, and hopefully at that point everyone can either get right behind the new ownership model, or at least give it a fighting chance to succeed.

Prexactly. There wasn't really anything new to come out of last nights meeting. Certainly not in terms of next steps. So nothing further to discuss.

I do think it would be useful for the wider support to see the SAD document though. It answers a couple of previous jibes about the running of the bar with a request for details of fans who hold a license. ANother concern potentially knocked on the head. :)

Another event from the night...

"Hi Campbell, how you doing?"

"Good Paul, good, yourself?"

"Aye, fine, can I have a diet coke please?"

"Sorry, can't do diet."

"How come?"

"Syrup... nae' syrup. Syrup has ran out."

"Gie's a Budweiser then."

True story. Something the CIC needs to look into... Syrup. :)

The real coke was the worst I have ever tasted. Is this the fault of the current board or the cic? The club need to address this pressing matter post haste.

Ps no cock jokes please

Sid,

Re: your last post about you not wanting or needing to get involved with the CIC in an 'official' capacity - fair do's. I agree that it is not on to think of 'second class supporters' in any way, shape or form. That's the same as just now if anyone is daft enough to think having an ST makes you an uber-fan who is better than a pay-at-the-gate punter.

However, I think it is also unfair if any supporter who does decide to stand for election to the CIC board is automatically marked down as some sort of 'sausage roll thief' who are only doing it to make themselves look important.

Guest somner9

Sid,

Re: your last post about you not wanting or needing to get involved with the CIC in an 'official' capacity - fair do's. I agree that it is not on to think of 'second class supporters' in any way, shape or form. That's the same as just now if anyone is daft enough to think having an ST makes you an uber-fan who is better than a pay-at-the-gate punter.

However, I think it is also unfair if any supporter who does decide to stand for election to the CIC board is automatically marked down as some sort of 'sausage roll thief' who are only doing it to make themselves look important.

Sniff, sniff... that smells like the tentative steps in a political campaign :D

I'm sure i read somewhere Sarah Palin making the same "Sausage roll thief" quote as she limbered up to be vice president of the US of A

Sniff, sniff... that smells like the tentative steps in a political campaign :D

I'm sure i read somewhere Sarah Palin making the same "Sausage roll thief" quote as she limbered up to be vice president of the US of A

He had a couple of sausage rolls hanging out his back pocket last night somner9. :wink:

Pozbaird, the logic is quite simple here:

Committee oriented sleazebag = sausage roll thief therefore Wannabe committee member = wannabe sausage roll thief. :)

Sausage roll thief with a hall monitor badge - wear your committee cap with pride. :P

Like most fans if called upon they will be happy to help out; however the committe role takes a "special" type of human being. I spend enough time in my business life having to listen to talentless blawbags slabbering a lot of shite without taking it up as a hobby. :wink: