Meeting on Thursday Confirmed

St. Sid

Guest somner9

Indeed, I'd question the ability of some posters to understand the whole CIC process...

I question the ability of the questioners to question the ability of some posters who are asking some searching questions.

Question is WhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaatsssssssuuuuuuuuuuP? :D

You lost me when I got to the bit that said, "the Cure..."

In my day, that was a shot of penicillin, at best...:o

Nah Bud, it's Irn Bru. :)

I don't see how this thread could turn to shit......it was more of a simple information thread:

- Meeting on Thursday

- REA is putting on a FREE Bar and champers

- Michelle Evans isnae invited

- animal will be sitting in the hoose eating worms

There is now further information coming through about topless bar staff for Thursday night - go on yersel Campbell. :P

or what RA really said in his latest email:

"Folks,

Just to follow on with some more details regarding tomorrow night.

Firstly as noted in the earlier e-mail we are advertising this meeting as for "members" rather than as a "public" meeting.

If you are receiving this e-mail then for the purposes of tomorrow night you can consider yourself a member.

The majority of people receiving this e-mail have not only pledged but also returned the completed Direct Debit form. If you are someone who has pledged but not yet returned the form then tomorrow night is your chance. You can still pledge at www.10000hours.org

You can still download the forms (DD and Membership) from www.10000hours.org and we will bring a few blank ones along tomorrow.

Secondly tomorrow night is not a Q & A for exploring the idea in itself, like the previous public meetings were, it is about updating those who are already committed to the cause and to start to put the flesh on the bones as to what will happen next.

One of the core ideas of a Community Interest Company is engaging the individual of a Community to the benefit wider Community.

In the case of 10000hours one of the aims is to harness the skills, time and contacts of the members to the benefit of the Club to this end we will send out tomorrow/make available on line, a Skills Audit Document that we would like you all to have a look at and consider returning tomorrow night.

This is all just about learning who we all are and what time, talents and contacts we can bring to the table.

It is abundantly clear that utilising the skills, time and contacts of the members of 10000hours for the benefit of the Club and Community represents the best route to advancing the fortunes of them both in a sustainable manner.

Finally, while the purchase is not yet completed, tomorrow night will be about providing as much detail as we can about the status of the deal and the next steps.

We hope the formal bit of the meeting outlined above will be quite short (although I have said that before!) and there will be plenty time to mix and meet one another as possible.

Regards

Richard Atkinson"

"Folks,

Firstly as noted in the earlier e-mail we are advertising this meeting as for "members" rather than as a "public" meeting.

If you are receiving this e-mail then for the purposes of tomorrow night you can consider yourself a member.

The majority of people receiving this e-mail have not only pledged but also returned the completed Direct Debit form. If you are someone who has pledged but not yet returned the form then tomorrow night is your chance. You can still pledge at www.10000hours.org

You can still download the forms (DD and Membership) from www.10000hours.org and we will bring a few blank ones along tomorrow.

Secondly tomorrow night is not a Q & A for exploring the idea in itself, like the previous public meetings were, it is about updating those who are already committed to the cause and to start to put the flesh on the bones as to what will happen next.

One of the core ideas of a Community Interest Company is engaging the individual of a Community to the benefit wider Community.

In the case of 10000hours one of the aims is to harness the skills, time and contacts of the members to the benefit of the Club to this end we will send out tomorrow/make available on line, a Skills Audit Document that we would like you all to have a look at and consider returning tomorrow night.

This is all just about learning who we all are and what time, talents and contacts we can bring to the table.

It is abundantly clear that utilising the skills, time and contacts of the members of 10000hours for the benefit of the Club and Community represents the best route to advancing the fortunes of them both in a sustainable manner.

Finally, while the purchase is not yet completed, tomorrow night will be about providing as much detail as we can about the status of the deal and the next steps.

We hope the formal bit of the meeting outlined above will be quite short (although I have said that before!) and there will be plenty time to mix and meet one another as possible.

Regards

Richard Atkinson"

Skills Audit Document. Oh dear. Acronym nightmare. :)

Really pleased to hear today that a familiar face is now on board with the whole CIC initiative.

A good guy, a real Saints man, and one who knows the workings of the club inside out !

Hopefully his presence will bring reassurance to those who have signed up and convince others to get involved too !

Really pleased to hear today that a familiar face is now on board with the whole CIC initiative.

A good guy, a real Saints man, and one who knows the workings of the club inside out !

Hopefully his presence will bring reassurance to those who have signed up and convince others to get involved too !

Is it Jens Paeslack?

I cant wait to be afforded this information myself Div as im sure hundreds of others will be as well.Even the Masons are not as secretive as our lot.

Got an email through earlier to confirm that the CIC Members meeting is going ahead on Thursday.

Vote SID!!!!!!! B)

I might wear my 'Vote Pedro' t-shirt to attract the floating voter and ensure your quest for glory hits the buffers.

In all seriousness looking forward to getting an update from Richard Atkinson. Would expect this to be the biggest turnout of all the cic meetings.

Could it be Mr Copeland?

Jack Copland certainly knows the ropes and would get my vote.I still voice concern over who will have the free time,energy and desire to take the reigns at our club.The present board have people within their organisations who can run their company in their absence but im struggling to find anyone who fits the bill within our support.I have had conversations with fellow fans who now talk in director speak and it amuses me greatly.

Jack Copland certainly knows the ropes and would get my vote.I still voice concern over who will have the free time,energy and desire to take the reigns at our club.The present board have people within their organisations who can run their company in their absence but im struggling to find anyone who fits the bill within our support.I have had conversations with fellow fans who now talk in director speak and it amuses me greatly.

It does indeed take a lot of time out of your life, it's impossible to quantify it really, add being the target for abuse in there and it's not fun. I did notice the artists impression for the members bar was missing the padded quiet room and turret defences.

Guest somner9

"Folks,

Regards

Richard Atkinson"

A quick speed read of the email if you will:

In other words "How big is your bank balance, and do you know people with bigger ones?"

"We haven't got the money, but we'll waffle on a bit to keep you onside"

I'm sure the people who have committed themselves won't let them off the hook that easily <_<

Thanks for that Div....nice to be appreciated. :)

In other words "How big is your bank balance, and do you know people with bigger ones?"

That's one way of reading it, another is that by having a skills database the CiC may be able to put you in touch with relevant contacts that may boost your business revenue in ways you haven't contemplated yet.

When I was at the SEN conference in June one of the avenues that was discussed was the potential for having a trades skill bank which would allow you to set up a trading arm that would submit bids for local authority contracts. Our football club investigated that further with one of our main sponsors who happens to be an electrical contractor. We discovered that there was a squeeze on companies who traditionally have held contracts with local authorities but that one of the tick boxes for the buyers hiring in those contractors was based on community support. If the Community SEN had a trading arm bidding for these contracts using properly accredited tradesmen then there was every chance that the local authority would award the contract to them despite not being the cheapest bidder. This creates the potential for the trading arm to win the contract, deduct a "management fee" and then sub contract the work out.....in our case to our main sponsor.

We followed this up using existing SEN contacts to get advice on whether this was legal, ethical, and likely to succeed and to my utter amazement - cause the whole thing seemed ridiculously simple - the advice came back that it would on all three counts and that in practice we'd probably fail with the first few bids but that once we became a familiar name with the council it's likely that they would use us more and more.

It's one of many ideas that came to light when we started seriously discussing the potential of becoming an SEN and there are loads more.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Guest somner9

That's one way of reading it, another is that by having a skills database the CiC may be able to put you in touch with relevant contacts that may boost your business revenue in ways you haven't contemplated yet.

When I was at the SEN conference in June one of the avenues that was discussed was the potential for having a trades skill bank which would allow you to set up a trading arm that would submit bids for local authority contracts. Our football club investigated that further with one of our main sponsors who happens to be an electrical contractor. We discovered that there was a squeeze on companies who traditionally have held contracts with local authorities but that one of the tick boxes for the buyers hiring in those contractors was based on community support. If the Community SEN had a trading arm bidding for these contracts using properly accredited tradesmen then there was every chance that the local authority would award the contract to them despite not being the cheapest bidder. This creates the potential for the trading arm to win the contract, deduct a "management fee" and then sub contract the work out.....in our case to our main sponsor.

We followed this up using existing SEN contacts to get advice on whether this was legal, ethical, and likely to succeed and to my utter amazement - cause the whole thing seemed ridiculously simple - the advice came back that it would on all three counts and that in practice we'd probably fail with the first few bids but that once we became a familiar name with the council it's likely that they would use us more and more.

It's one of many ideas that came to light when we started seriously discussing the potential of becoming an SEN and there are loads more.

Your example holds water, but we are talking about what is still a proposal to form a CiC. A bit previous to be looking for brickies & chippies to take on council contracts, when you don't even have a recognised organisation, body or constitution? Especially when in the email they slip out the line on not having secured the funding!

A lot of saints fans have got behind this, I,ve always maintained (The 10000 hour proposal not CiC/SeN's in general) its wrong for the club, and would therefor be wrong for the community as it hasn't persuaded the funding bodies yet, let alone the community. I don't want to see a load of pissed off buds tonight, mainly because they are buddies but also because if they continue to drag this on it damages everyone and thing connected with it.

Tonight everyone wants to know "When does it start?". 10000 hours have already said in the email they won't get that info tonight :(

On reflection though I think you may have a valid point, setting up a Skills Database will keep a number of the pledgers busy and help to deflect attention away from the fact that the funding still isn't in place, and that they don't know where to go next!

Edited by somner9