Meeting on Thursday Confirmed

St. Sid

Who knows, maybe someone will buy naming rights to the whole ground one day. Wouldn't bother me one bit, if it brought in the readies to help with another Teale, Thompson or Hasselbaink. I always thought there was scope to approach an airline, and have huge adverts on the stand roofs - which are visible when taking off or landing at Paisley Renfrewshire International. EasyJet in bright orange and white would be a possibility?

One thing I know about RA - he'd give it a go if there was a chance, as long as the solar panels don't interfere.... !

Brentford FC used to / still do rent out their roofs to airlines - 1 minute from take-off/landing @ Heathrow, and also visible from the A4 elevated expressway (a wee bit like the Linclive spur @ St.James).

As opposed to Love Street, there is currently very little emotional attachment to the new ground, so pimping the naming rights is fine by me, provided me don't end up with the Poundland Stadium, etc.

Didn't make the meeting tonight, so thanks to all for the summaries

Great that Gordon Scott is on board, should change the minds of a few doubters and switherers that.

It all seems to be going along swimmingly. I am a very happy Buddie. :D

Guest somner9

All done in 6 weeks??? And christmas mentioned too! But still funding not granted! as Johnny Logan said "Whats another year?"

Forgot the best bit in classic Father Ted style "The new company has been set up so the £2m knicker can just "Rest There" until it goes to the selling consortium"

(Added)

So the board is already chosen and Mr Scott gets his seat alongside RA, CS, Fitzy etc...

I bet SG et al are thinking "why didn't we do that, these past years we've been on the BoD stumping up out of our own pockets for shares, then again when the club needed a cash injection, and all that time we could have got on the BoD for free!!! like the new guys"

It just trundles along

(Added)

So the board is already chosen and Mr Scott gets his seat alongside RA, CS, Fitzy etc...

I bet SG et al are thinking "why didn't we do that, these past years we've been on the BoD stumping up out of our own pockets for shares, then again when the club needed a cash injection, and all that time we could have got on the BoD for free!!! like the new guys"

It just trundles along

The only thing left for you to say is "I bet SG etc wish they hadn't bothered...", whilst once again missing the fact that SG isn't the majority shareholder and didn't instigate the push against old Reg. Who knows, perhaps they're just more of a fan than yourself.

(Added)

It just trundles along

Nothing could be further from the truth. GLS was at the top table last night and given time to speak on the mic. He is not on the CIC Board and if he is to be involved more formally than being a member he confirmed that he would need to be elected. I wouldn't be upset if he was on the interim board though. He is fan minded, knows the club inside out and the fact that there will be building work involved early on in the CICs life.

Also great to see more direct debit forms being handed in last night. :)

(Added)

It just trundles along

You have painted yourself into a corner. The takeover is happening and you are very much an isolated, solitary sad man. Mybe you could bring some of your energy into actually making the club work as well as it can now? Instead of the destructive criticism why not put your energies toward helping make our club the best small club in the country? I firmly believe we can be.

Many thanks to Div and everyone else who posted last nights events. All sounds very positive and exciting with the thought of GLS and Fitzy potential members of the board.

I take it Stuart Dickson and our own Stu Sid were very quiet last night :lol:

:unsure: I thought I was quite outspoken last night....however I wasn't in Paisley. :rolleyes:

(Added)

It just trundles along

Is it possible that Somner9 could have a more epic virtual break down than Vikington? I think it is. In fact, I think it has already started..

Edited by civilsaint

Guest somner9

You have painted yourself into a corner. The takeover is happening and you are very much an isolated, solitary sad man. Mybe you could bring some of your energy into actually making the club work as well as it can now? Instead of the destructive criticism why not put your energies toward helping make our club the best small club in the country? I firmly believe we can be.

My Baw-bees won't be going towards "Dickie's Debt"

Since when has being a St mirren fan made it allright for others to deny your right of opinion?

My energies for over 40 years have gone into paisley st mirren, will RA et all be around in 40 days time? we shall see.

They haven't got the funding and can't give a date when the deal will happen still and no one else thinks this is a point of concern?

Hell you could bring the 1959 and 1987 cup winning teams out as backers of the proposal, it still remains the case it isn't done. Still we wait

(Added)

It just trundles along

I think SG and co will more be thinking "£2m for our shares, what a fantastic result that is !" :)

Since when has being a St mirren fan made it allright for others to deny your right of opinion?

My energies for over 40 years have gone into paisley st mirren, will RA et all be around in 40 days time? we shall see.

They haven't got the funding and can't give a date when the deal will happen still and no one else thinks this is a point of concern?

Hell you could bring the 1959 and 1987 cup winning teams out as backers of the proposal, it still remains the case it isn't done. Still we wait

Did I mis-understand Richard when he said the funding was in place and that it was a technical issue we were waiting to be concluded?

The only people who need to be concerned about when the funds arrive is surely those who are selling their shares ?

For as long as it is not there, the current board keep running the club.

There is no other buyer interested.

Why are you concerned about it ? Genuine question ?

Many thanks to Div and everyone else who posted last nights events. All sounds very positive and exciting with the thought of GLS and Fitzy potential members of the board.

I take it Stuart Dickson and our own St Sid were very quiet last night :lol:

I did ask a wee question - about the BAR!!! :guinness

As per a previous post the mood of the room was very much when it is going to happen rather than if. Everyone in attandance was very positive and a few more direct debit forms were completed on the night.

I wasn't going to post it; however I did make quiet enquiries about StuDicks direct debit form and can confirm that it hasn't been received and that if it does ever arrive it will quickly be recycled in the Board Room bogs. :clapping :clapping :clapping

It's your choice, nobody really cares. I haven't opined one way or another on this. But it is going to happen no matter how much whining you want to do.

You are now acting like a foot stomping child.

Another event from the night...

"Hi Campbell, how you doing?"

"Good Paul, good, yourself?"

"Aye, fine, can I have a diet coke please?"

"Sorry, can't do diet."

"How come?"

"Syrup... nae' syrup. Syrup has ran out."

"Gie's a Budweiser then."

True story. Something the CIC needs to look into... Syrup. :)

Another event from the night...

"Hi Campbell, how you doing?"

"Good Paul, good, yourself?"

"Aye, fine, can I have a diet coke please?"

"Sorry, can't do diet."

"How come?"

"Syrup... nae' syrup. Syrup has ran out."

"Gie's a Budweiser then."

True story. Something the CIC needs to look into... Syrup. :)

I had the last draft diet coke last night when I arrived, and I can vouch that it was undrinkable. Sack the Board.

I think SG and co will more be thinking "£2m for our shares, what a fantastic result that is !" :)

I'll bet they are, too!:lol:

If it wisnae potentially St Mirren and the Community of Paisley who might benefit from this, I'd be appalled to see public funds going to pay off/buy out a fitba club owner. No matter how good a job he/they had done as guardians of that club.

If I understood RA correctly most of the funding is in place but there is one funding body, and he hinted it wasn't SMISA (thus quashing another rumour), who they were waiting on to complete the deal. It sounded like RA was saying the CIC have been guaranteed the money from them and that it was a formality that the money would arrive soon but there was some technical issue at the funding body which was causing a delay.

Also on the finance side a new funding body approached the CIC a few weeks ago and volunteered to give the CIC money.

Some of the funders have already offered to release their money but the CIC are wanting to wait until the all of the £2m is ready to access as it will be cheaper and quicker to get one legal firm to do all the transactions in bulk than individually over a period of a few months.

GLS said he would have to stand for election to the new boards and that he hoped he would get enough support from CIC members to be elected.

Guest somner9

The only people who need to be concerned about when the funds arrive is surely those who are selling their shares ?

For as long as it is not there, the current board keep running the club.

There is no other buyer interested.

Why are you concerned about it ? Genuine question ?

Genuine answer: You will be able to correct me if I am wrong did RA announce that the deal is done I.e. all funding in their hands and able to complete deal with the sellers?

My understanding is that he did not say that! But eluded to the deal not being complete (I.e. not having the full funding and not having passed this on to the sellers) Re a techinical issue.

If i go for a pint, the barman wants £3.50 and i've got £2.95 the deal is as yet not finalised due to the technical issue of me being 55p short.

Now it may well come to pass at some point they get the funding, but patently thay don't have it now otherwise they would be able to issue a timetable for final completion, and tell everyone what they want to know.

Yes we have completed the deal and we expect to take control by ....... apart from G Scott throwing his hat in for a board seat what new information was released last night? A maybe six weeks but maybe not? The situation is the same as this time yesterday save for another batch of aspirations and they don't service your debt!

As i said it trundles on

Guest somner9

It's your choice, nobody really cares. I haven't opined one way or another on this. But it is going to happen no matter how much whining you want to do.

You are now acting like a foot stomping child.

Shoot the messenger by all means :lol: The deal is at the same point it was yesterday "Not Done" and no firm date has been given when completion is expected.

Jeez we all know through the years (Alan Gow & Maurice Ross recent examples) about supposed done deals and until the contract is signed and monies transferred nothing is certain. This makes me a foot stomping child for pointing out the obvious?

FYI horses whinny :D

If no one else is interested then why are 10000 Hours quite happy to pay the £2 million to the consortium and not a lower figure?

From somner9:

If i go for a pint, the barman wants £3.50 and i've got £2.95 the deal is as yet not finalised due to the technical issue of me being 55p short.

You can blah, blah all day long.....the CIC is happening. If you and Somner9 fancy putting together an alternative CIC deal for £1.5M then good luck with that - but I suspect the consortium will opt for the £2M deal. :rolleyes: