Motherwell going the CIC route ?

div

Sid there's already two senior clubs that are CiCs and an East Of Scotland side that have been doing it for ages all of whom have been more than willing to share advice and experience for free. There are legal institutions providing there services for free to all SENs.

You've got Patrick Thistle and Ayr United on their way down an SEN route and there's loads more to follow. What is happening is what always happens. The Scottish Government has made funds available for community projects aimed at charities and grassroots sports associtations and the senior clubs are mobilizing to try and grab the cash. Hopefully this time they will be forced to hold true to the objectives rather than doing no more than paying lip service to it to tick boxes

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Sid there's already two senior clubs that are CiCs and an East Of Scotland side that have been doing it for ages all of whom have been more than willing to share advice and experience for free. There are legal institutions providing there services for free to all SENs.

You've got Patrick Thistle and Ayr United on their way down an SEN route and there's loads more to follow. What is happening is what always happens. The Scottish Government has made funds available for community projects aimed at charities and grassroots sports associtations and the senior clubs are mobilizing to try and grab the cash. Hopefully this time they will be forced to hold true to the objectives rather than doing no more than paying lip service to it to tick boxes

Stu, we already know this stuff. We also know that there are issues with some of the existing projects and why. I am astounded that you haven't realised by now that we are doing it quite differently from any project that has gone before us. That is where we can deliver paid consultancy.

Stu, we already know this stuff. We also know that there are issues with some of the existing projects and why. I am astounded that you haven't realised by now that we are doing it quite differently from any project that has gone before us. That is where we can deliver paid consultancy.

Sid having the football club as a trading arm isn't new or unique. Killwinning Sports Club have been doing something similar for years as have quite a few other SENs whether you look at The Atlantis or the Homeless World Cup

Sid having the football club as a trading arm isn't new or unique. Killwinning Sports Club have been doing something similar for years as have quite a few other SENs whether you look at The Atlantis or the Homeless World Cup

I think you are confusing yourself by using the term trading arm here Stu. There are multi tier CICs such as Culture & Sport Wegiescumbagland. This is quite different. Sounds like you need another telephone call with REA. :wink:

Would REA Speedwagon be able to cope without your crucial input?

He might be starting to wish my input would disappear. I am starting to become very cynical at the lack of detail being made publically available. It is starting to smack of job done f"k the rest of the support.

The meeting the other night was okay. Some reassurances about the CIC actually going ahead. However there was very little about what happens post takeover. A draft constition was wafted around and a SAD document made available to submit skill details.

I want to see a powerful Saints fan BoD with genuine influence on decision making at the club. Otherwise what was the point and the other concerns about the football being the CICs priority could rise again. The lack of public detail being supplied about how this will work is a concern. We need something more than an org chart that I could rattle up in word in a matter of seconds.

The fans need influence if football is going to be the CICs top priority rather than a bi-product.

We now appear to be entering a phase were the communication is going to be limited to CIC Members. What's the f'k'n brain wave there when we are supposed to be one town, one club.....it looks like we are becoming one club, two supports. I would like to see a document that outlines what the CIC will mean to the football club and for it to be distributed to all of the support - leave it on their seats to read at the next home game....have a tear off section for supporters to say for / against and for their comments.

There's no point in doing this half-arsed...get everyone on board, get everyone's buy in. If we are 99% certain with only a technical formality delaying the takeover then surely someone can publish 4,000 documents with a feedback section to the support.

At the moment it has a feel of getting away with it, rather than being a great moment in the history of the club - which is what it should be.

He might be starting to wish my input would disappear. I am starting to become very cynical at the lack of detail being made publically available. It is starting to smack of job done f"k the rest of the support.

The meeting the other night was okay. Some reassurances about the CIC actually going ahead. However there was very little about what happens post takeover. A draft constition was wafted around and a SAD document made available to submit skill details.

I want to see a powerful Saints fan BoD with genuine influence on decision making at the club. Otherwise what was the point and the other concerns about the football being the CICs priority could rise again. The lack of public detail being supplied about how this will work is a concern. We need something more than an org chart that I could rattle up in word in a matter of seconds.

The fans need influence if football is going to be the CICs top priority rather than a bi-product.

We now appear to be entering a phase were the communication is going to be limited to CIC Members. What's the f'k'n brain wave there when we are supposed to be one town, one club.....it looks like we are becoming one club, two supports. I would like to see a document that outlines what the CIC will mean to the football club and for it to be distributed to all of the support - leave it on their seats to read at the next home game....have a tear off section for supporters to say for / against and for their comments.

There's no point in doing this half-arsed...get everyone on board, get everyone's buy in. If we are 99% certain with only a technical formality delaying the takeover then surely someone can publish 4,000 documents with a feedback section to the support.

At the moment it has a feel of getting away with it, rather than being a great moment in the history of the club - which is what it should be.

Your Rant is priceless :D

It's like an episode of Scooby Doo, with RA being unmasked by Sid on an internet forum, to cries of "I'd have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky internet aliases"

I swear I need a lie down and a stiff drink before Sid posts again!

It's a bit difficult to get stuff across as you're really only limited to the 10000 Hours website, this forum, during the match and in the media. You can't really use the matchday programme as the deal isn't done.

Sadly, Michelle has taken it upon herself to show a complete lack of understanding and to tear this apart on Real Radio. We also had the CIC being torn in to for asking volunteers to hand out flyers.

There is a lack of meat on the bones, but I'm sure that's due to the CIC heirarchy not wanting to push something on the fans and allow them to get involved early on. Taking a few months to understand things and dot the i's is a lot better than having someone at the top table dictating things...been there and seen it fall apart very quickly.

(Any chance this post and Sid's can be moved to an appropriate thread about the CIC?)

It's a bit difficult to get stuff across as you're really only limited to the 10000 Hours website, this forum, during the match and in the media. You can't really use the matchday programme as the deal isn't done.

Sadly, Michelle has taken it upon herself to show a complete lack of understanding and to tear this apart on Real Radio. We also had the CIC being torn in to for asking volunteers to hand out flyers.

There is a lack of meat on the bones, but I'm sure that's due to the CIC heirarchy not wanting to push something on the fans and allow them to get involved early on. Taking a few months to understand things and dot the i's is a lot better than having someone at the top table dictating things...been there and seen it fall apart very quickly.

(Any chance this post and Sid's can be moved to an appropriate thread about the CIC?)

So with the combined talent of the CIC proposers and all the prospective old grammarian sausage roll thief self-promoting talent nothing can be done to get a basic document out to the wider support. You'll no be getting my vote. :P

So with the combined talent of the CIC proposers and all the prospective old grammarian sausage roll thief self-promoting talent nothing can be done to get a basic document out to the wider support. You'll no be getting my vote. :P

There's a basic document on the 10000 Hours website and, believe me, it gives a hell of a lot more infomation than MYFC ever did.

It's like an episode of Scooby Doo, with RA being unmasked by Sid on an internet forum, to cries of "I'd have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky internet aliases"

I swear I need a lie down and a stiff drink before Sid posts again!

Aye it's the unmasking moment right enough....except it's Sid taking off his mask to reveal he's been one of the miscreant seven all along... :rolleyes: