21st birthday party

I have a friend who is having their 21st birthday party in November this year and they've not had much success finding a venue in Renfrewshire and was wondering if anyone knows whether St Mirren's suite could be used and what the rough costs would be and what the terms and conditions of a booking are?

I think this is the problem with the current suite.

With no disrespect intended it needs to be kept in tip top pristine condition to fulfil it's role as the corporate suite on matchday.

Letting a load of pissed up 21 year olds in to trash the place, most of whom won't be St.Mirren fans, sounds to me like a recipe for disaster !

This however is exactly the type of event that the new venue on the other side of the stand will be perfectly placed to cater for when it is built.

I am not saying the club won't entertain the idea of hosting your party in the current suite, but I do have my doubts !

What's getting built ?

Once the club is sold the vacant space at the other side of the main stand is being converted into a supporters bar/entertainment venue.

This will be used by members of 10000Hours and their guests, but will also be available for hire by anyone as a public venue (thus generating funds for both the CIC and the Football Club).

Agree with Div here. You can just see a pissed up none supporting Saints fan with a marker redecorating the toilets.

Not a good idea at all

could the same not be said about a wedding reception / christening party / 40th birthday / silver wedding anniversary etc? Not all 21 year olds are pissheads.

Guest somner9

I think this is the problem with the current suite.

With no disrespect intended it needs to be kept in tip top pristine condition to fulfil it's role as the corporate suite on matchday.

Letting a load of pissed up 21 year olds in to trash the place, most of whom won't be St.Mirren fans, sounds to me like a recipe for disaster !

This however is exactly the type of event that the new venue on the other side of the stand will be perfectly placed to cater for when it is built.

I am not saying the club won't entertain the idea of hosting your party in the current suite, but I do have my doubts !

Just about every other football/sports club/venue hire out their facilities to a variety of events. But somehow SMFC can't? or all of a sudden only a CiC type venue is suitable?

Hogwash!

This: if the CiC bar ever comes to pass is exactly how the club would miss out to service the debt of the CiC, Of course the poster could organise a 21st in the corporate suite if they wanted.

Isn't this one of the main points made by 10000 hours that the facilities lie unused most of the week? But now it's wrong to utilise them to generate revnue for SMFC? Shame on anyone calling themselves a fan of SMFC that wouldn't want to see them generate revenue from the faclilities we the fans helped to pay for.

Edited by somner9

More elitist pish on here. The attitudes are more about the 40/50 somethings who were w@nkers when they were 21. :rolleyes:

I reckon the key issues that can have an impact on the chances of getting the 21st birthday party on in the hospitality suite are the night that you want the party top go ahead on. Firstly the suite needs to be available, secondly the staff need to be available (licensee), and whether there is a match on the following day.

Claiming that 21st birthday parties cannot be held in the hospitality suite is unhelpful and not actually true.

With the additional members bar the availability of staff gets eliminated as it is going to be staffed differently. The issue of getting the hospitality suite ready is also not an issue as the members bar is being designed for the slightly messier occasions and will not host the higher priced hospitality tie wearing w@nkers on match days.

:rolleyes:

tie wearing w@nkers on match days.

Sid I'm surprised you have not been to the hospitality it's an awesome day out with grade 3 matches being particular good value. My other half keeps pushing me to go as she loves it..

You would love it also Sid. Have always thought a forum day out to hospitality would be good even with me and Faraway Saint at the same table throwing our halftime pies at each other. :lol:

Sid I'm surprised you have not been to the hospitality it's an awesome day out with grade 3 matches being particular good value. My other half keeps pushing me to go as she loves it..

You would love it also Sid. Have always thought a forum day out to hospitality would be good even with me and Faraway Saint at the same table throwing our halftime pies at each other. :lol:

Have been close to going to the hospitality a couple of times, but the schemey in me keeps putting forward the shull-type argument that I would be paying £100 or so for the privilege of eating fairly standard food, an hour or so of bevvy and having to sit in the company of tie wearing w@nkers who would have a chubby on because they have paid stoopit money to feel like an uber-supporter. The B&WArmy angle might justify it though - especially if we trashed the joint. :P

Something like Saints Aid made sense as the money goes to the youth team and there is a genuine and fairly unique experience, not to mention my age meaning there was a fair chance I wouldn't get another go at it.

Guest somner9

Have been close to going to the hospitality a couple of times, but the schemey in me keeps putting forward the shull-type argument that I would be paying £100 or so for the privilege of eating fairly standard food, an hour or so of bevvy and having to sit in the company of tie wearing w@nkers who would have a chubby on because they have paid stoopit money to feel like an uber-supporter. The B&WArmy angle might justify it though - especially if we trashed the joint. :P

Something like Saints Aid made sense as the money goes to the youth team and there is a genuine and fairly unique experience, not to mention my age meaning there was a fair chance I wouldn't get another go at it.

What about a "Sausage-Roll-Athon" in the Hostility suite?

Special prize for the member of BAWA that correctly guesses how many of the "Dead Pig" in pastry treats the most obvious s-Roll thief in the directors box that day has snaffled up until that point this season??? :D

Or an impromptu game of hold the greedy bastards upside down as the leave the corprate lounge and shake em till the s-rolls fall out their pockets? :D

Guest somner9

I am willing to be corrected. Perhaps the OP could contact the club and see what response they get for the booking enquiry and let us know ?

And invite us all if they're doing a buffet and free beer/wine :D

Don't think the club are at all interested in this kind of function. I emailed Brian Caldwell last year from my NHS email about hiring a function suite and he was very receptive, probably thinking about the possibility of cash flowing in from the health service. After a few emails went back and forth I eventually broke the news to our esteemed General Manager that I was requiring the hall to cater for my younger sister's 21st. I'm still waiting to hear back.... :rolleyes:

Guest somner9

Don't think the club are at all interested in this kind of function. I emailed Brian Caldwell last year from my NHS email about hiring a function suite and he was very receptive, probably thinking about the possibility of cash flowing in from the health service. After a few emails went back and forth I eventually broke the news to our esteemed General Manager that I was requiring the hall to cater for my younger sister's 21st. I'm still waiting to hear back.... :rolleyes:

Thats poor form :(

Over 50% of 18/21 birthday parties end up with police called, stay well clear.

I've done around twenty 21st birthday parties this year and I've yet to see the polis. Most 21sts are fine , with the guests having a good time before heading out to the late night clubs.