21st birthday party

My sister had her wedding reception there on the day of the Renfrewshire cup final hence no hospitality that day.

I then tried to get details on the availability of the venue and costs for my Daughters christening reception by emailing the contact email address on the OS. After a few attempts I gave up due to no response and I'm now having it in the village golf club for nowt. I thought this was a poor show as I was willing to put about £300 plus bar takings to the club. OK it might not have been available but I still don't know :angry:

one thing for certain, the communication is shocking between the club and the public under current management and has been for years. at least with the cic they appear much more approachable and open.

Who is to blame here? Brian caldwell, campbel kennedy? Or some other member of staff just not doing their job.

I still feel the corporate facilities shouldnt be used for any old function, what next, school prom nights and discos.

i heard you turned up, with about 30 other aliases.....................

To be fair I did have a few alaises back then - all created to torment the f'k'rk fans. Have only had this alias for a few years now, other than a brief spell as Jerry Sidowitz and Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar (who has the alias El Cid :P )

I have revived an old alias from a few years back and have been using it on the fishal site though. :booty

My sister had her wedding reception there on the day of the Renfrewshire cup final hence no hospitality that day.

I then tried to get details on the availability of the venue and costs for my Daughters christening reception by emailing the contact email address on the OS. After a few attempts I gave up due to no response and I'm now having it in the village golf club for nowt. I thought this was a poor show as I was willing to put about £300 plus bar takings to the club. OK it might not have been available but I still don't know :angry:

did u tell them u were from kilmalcom

For the record regarding the first post - the date when my friends were looking for a venue was 5th November, when we are at home to Hearts. RA checked out whether it was feasible to take a booking for a 21st party after hospitality was over and we concluded there would not be enough time to get the room ready (I think hospitality was looking like it was going to be busier than usual for the Hearts game). RA offered us an alternative date and was also open to the room being partitioned to suit the size of the booking. In the end my friends found a venue which was able to accommodate them on 5th November.

Also, for the record, RA on behalf of St Mirren was a lot quicker to reply and was a lot more helpful than a lot of other venues in Renfrewshire: hotels, sports clubs, village halls etc that were contacted about this party. I would definitely look at booking facilities at St Mirren Park in future based on my dealings with RA on this occasion.

For the record regarding the first post - the date when my friends were looking for a venue was 5th November, when we are at home to Hearts. RA checked out whether it was feasible to take a booking for a 21st party after hospitality was over and we concluded there would not be enough time to get the room ready (I think hospitality was looking like it was going to be busier than usual for the Hearts game). RA offered us an alternative date and was also open to the room being partitioned to suit the size of the booking. In the end my friends found a venue which was able to accommodate them on 5th November.

Also, for the record, RA on behalf of St Mirren was a lot quicker to reply and was a lot more helpful than a lot of other venues in Renfrewshire: hotels, sports clubs, village halls etc that were contacted about this party. I would definitely look at booking facilities at St Mirren Park in future based on my dealings with RA on this occasion.

Thanks for the update. So, no need for any doubt then, I was completely wrong and the club will be happy to entertain 21st birthday party bookings in the corporate suite.

Sorry ! :P

Thanks for the update. So, no need for any doubt then, I was completely wrong and the club will be happy to entertain 21st birthday party bookings in the corporate suite.

Sorry ! :P

I think if the date had been suitable then there would have been further discussion about the terms of a booking for a 21st in the current corporate suite, as RA sought some assurances at the start of the discussion about the type of 21st it was going to be. I'm sure if people contact RA about functions they'll find the club are open to hosting them and quite quick at responding.

• 2 weeks later...