Its time

Leakapidia

Another deadline comes and goes, and as nothing has yet been heard of a 4pm press conference i attach something to keep the CiC supporters spirits up. Johnny says it best :D

What's Another Year? 8760 hours, although 2012 being a leap year increases that to 8784 hours.:)

What has Richard Atkinson done for the club in the past year? Some stuff off the top of my head... listened to complaints from St Mirren fans about the new ground looking soulless and grey and had murals featuring ex-players installed in the concourses under stands and brightened up the stands with the sponsors logos being added... presumably negotiated the deal with JD Sports / Carbrini which has seen us with our best home and away strips in years with a pretty cool 3rd strip to follow, a deal which will earn more for the club than the previous one with Hummel (which fans didn't like much). Richard Atkinson has also helped bring a number of companies to St Mirren Park for conferences bringing more money into the club, and has already secured most of the funding for the £2m buyout of the majority shareholding and has over 800 fans pledged to be part of the CIC and already has over 500 direct debit forms back. Also when the club had a cash flow issue when it was waiting on TV money coming through from the SPL (or was it a tax rebate getting paid back to the club) it is well documented that RA arranged for the Maxi Group to loan the club the money they were waiting on.

What has Glen done for the club in the past 12 months to improve our lot?

So he got JDs to put a few signs - advertising JDs !

Campbell K has managed to do the shirt deals for years.

Are you actually aware of the details of the shirt sponsorship deal - I think not .

Do you actually know the amount of real profit (not income) generated by the "conferences" - I think not.

He has failed to deliver a promised CIC. - time up tommorrow I think.

Loan the Club cash - given our current balance sheet not much of a risk I think.

Sounds like about 5 days 'work' in total to me. What has he been doing for the other 360 days ?

What has Glen done - Well firstly I don't want to take over the Club, but I have paid for my own season ticket and coporate advertising and hospitality - out of my own pocket - unlike Mr. Atkinson who does not seem to have spent much on either.

Are you actually aware of the details of the shirt sponsorship deal - I think not .

Do you actually know the amount of real profit (not income) generated by the "conferences" - I think not.

Loan the Club cash - given our current balance sheet not much of a risk I think.

Sounds like about 5 days 'work' in total to me. What has he been doing for the other 360 days ?

What has Glen done - Well firstly I don't want to take over the Club, but I have paid for my own season ticket and coporate advertising and hospitality - out of my own pocket - unlike Mr. Atkinson who does not seem to have spent much on either.

OK so now the stuff that RA is known to have done for the club in the last 12 months doesn't count much.

I forgot to include RA liaising with Ayr United about the pricing for last season's cup game and his friends at Ayr Racecourse for the pre-match entertainment which proved popular, and he has worked on plans to have a supporters bar at St Mirren Park after listening to St Mirren fans saying they want one, and that's all on top of whatever meetings he has had with supporters, community groups, corporate members about the CIC and meetings with the funding bodies.

Not a bad haul for a new director at the club.

And the bar is opening when ????????????????????????????????????

Not everyone has to publicly advertise how much they spend.

You do realise that the board consists of more than just one man?

So if everything mentioned that RA has done means nothing, then what have the other board members been doing that means so much more?

Not everyone has to publicly advertise how much they spend.

You do realise that the board consists of more than just one man?

So if everything mentioned that RA has done means nothing, then what have the other board members been doing that means so much more?

Yes, I had noticed that there is more than one director. Most of the other directors are trying to leave the Club. Mr. Atkinson is trying to convince us he should take it over. I think it only fair that his so called achievements should be examined for what they really are.

Edited by glen

Because Dibbles old paperboy, on 26 September 2011 - 21:42, listed all the great man's so called achievements.

Looks like your recollection of things inaccurate, but i'm sure you already know that.

Dbbles and others commented on his "achievements" in response to your suggestion that he has contributed nothing to the club. Hence my question, if his work over the last year is now irrelevant, why did you bring the subject up?

Here's a wee reminder:

I can think off not one positive from "Richie Rich" as you call him (you used to call him Richard I think), being involved in our club.

I genuinly can't think of anything positive that Mr. Atkinson has done. Can you suggest something ???

Edited by civilsaint

Looks like your recollection of things either inaccurate, but i'm sure you already know that.

Dbbles and others commented on his "achievements" in response to your suggestion that he has contributed nothing to the club. Hence my question, if his work over the last year is now irrelevant, why did you bring the subject up?

Here's a wee reminder:

Sorry to repeat myself but - Mr. Atkinson is trying to convince us he should take it (the Club) over. I think it only fair that his so called achievements should be examined for what they really are.

Why do you have a problem with that ?

Sorry to repeat myself but - Mr. Atkinson is trying to convince us he should take it (the Club) over. I think it only fair that his so called achievements should be examined for what they really are.

I took issue with you saying the guy had 'done nothing' when he has been the most high profile member of the BoD during his first year involved with the club. We'll obviously have to agree to disagree whether convincing 500 fans so far to pay £10 per month for 10 years = nothing important, or being the only person fronting a bid to be accepted by the selling consortium = nothing, or whether the work that has gone into getting the CIC to the stage it is at at the moment = nothing.

Make up your mind.

You've gone from sguggesting he had done nothing good, to then say his work over the last year was irrelevant when others highlighted a few decent aspects of the club which he has been involved in. And, now you're back saying that his "achievements" (your word not mine) should be examined. What will it be tomorrow? More mixed up than a woolworths pick-n-mix. :1eye

It appears you have a problem with consistancy, clarity and substance to start with. It doesn't bode well for your credibility.

Edited by civilsaint

I took issue with you saying the guy had 'done nothing' when he has been the most high profile member of the BoD during his first year involved with the club. We'll obviously have to agree to disagree whether convincing 500 fans so far to pay £10 per month for 10 years = nothing important, or being the only person fronting a bid to be accepted by the selling consortium = nothing, or whether the work that has gone into getting the CIC to the stage it is at at the moment = nothing.

Yes we will have to disagree.

Make up your mind.

You've gone from sguggesting he had done nothing good, to then say his work over the last year was irrelevant when others highlighted a few decent aspects of the club which he has been involved in. And, now you're back saying that his "achievements" (your word not mine) should be examined. What will it be tomorrow? More mixed up than a woolworths pick-n-mix. :1eye

It appears you have a problem with consistancy, clarity and substance to start with. It doesn't bode well for your credibility.

I think the point you are missing is SO CALLED achievements. Frankly I can see no real achievements.

Edited by glen