Its time

Leakapidia

I think the point you are missing is SO CALLED achievements. Frankly I can see no real achievements.

like I said, "achievements" isn't my word and, indeed, didn't feature in your original comment. You suggested that he hadn't contributed "anything positive" and "not one positive". Are you saying that not one single point mentioned previously was of a benefit to the club, not even of limited benefit?

Why have you now changed to mentioning "real" achivements, why not stick to your original assessment? Is this an acknowledgement that you were initially wrong?

Not just mixed up, but now changing the goal posts, things are getting worse for oor Glen.

Edited by civilsaint

like I said, "achievements" isn't my word and, indeed, didn't feature in your original comment. You suggested that he hadn't contributed "anything positive" and "not one positive". Are you saying that not one single point mentioned previously was of a benefit to the club, not even of limited benefit?

Why have you now changed to mentioning "real" achivements, why not stick to your original assessment? Is this an acknowledgement thaqt you were initially wrong?

Not just mixed up, but now changing the goal posts, things are getting worse for oor Glen.

"Are you saying that not one single point mentioned previously was of a benefit to the club, not even of limited benefit?"

In a word YES. Hope that is clear enough. Goodbye and Good night.

Well in fairness he appears to have got closer than any of the rival bids.

Perhaps Gilmour et al should consider selling up for what has been raised. After all it is their best offer.

Hmmmm :unsure: maybe that's the plan...

Of course some on here would accuse the consortium of 'selling the Club on the cheap" :lol: cos in their minds anything involving the CIC is just...well... bad.

If it happens it happens... Que Sera Sera. B)

The one 'achievement' that seems to be missing is actually managing to implement his scheme to takeover 52% of the club.:rolleyes:

Mibbes it is being implemented Scott?

If the scheme eventually goes ahead, then I expect much congratulations to RA for managing to implement an apparently very complex and difficult bid.

Can't understand the outrage from some on so-called missed 'deadlines'.

Soon Come... or maybe not, it matters not one jot.

If not, the Status Quo prevails.

Mibbes it is being implemented Scott?

If the scheme eventually goes ahead, then I expect much congratulations to RA for managing to implement an apparently very complex and difficult bid.

Can't understand the outrage from some on so-called missed 'deadlines'.

Soon Come... or maybe not, it matters not one jot.

If not, the Status Quo prevails.

What happened to 'there is no other option'? It is you who is now backtracking.:P

What happened to 'there is no other option'? It is you who is now backtracking.:P

There was always an other option.

The CIC nuggets are too dumb to work it out, reminds me of The Simpsons Monorail episode :lol:

Simple decision, don't back the CIC, the shares remain up for sale waiting on another buyer coming along while the club continues to run as it has in recent years.

Simples :)

Edited by Scott Lyle

There was always an other option.

The CIC nuggets are too dumb to work it out, reminds me of The Simpons Monorail episode :lol:

Simple decision, don't back the CIC, the shares remain up for sale waiting on another buyer coming along while the club continues to run as it has in recent years.

Simples :)

.......and nobody else is going to come along and offer anything like the £2m the CIC is prepared to pay, which is why SG &Co are more than happy to stick this out for as long as it takes. I'd do precisely the same - as long as there is no other "real" option from someone else, and there doesn't appear to be. Unless SG has a costly crack habit, I'm sure he can toddle along as he is right now, likewise the rest of the current BoD.

Who knows, maybe GLS will come up with the extra funding if he is such a fan of the CIC model ? I don't expect anything else other than a CIC takeover, but who knows when.

Another deadline comes and goes, and as nothing has yet been heard of a 4pm press conference i attach something to keep the CiC supporters spirits up. Johnny says it best :D

It obviously soothes the soul so much I thought I'd just pop it back in again and wiggle aboot :D

Those first lines really say it, perhaps RA will have it on at SMP to come out to?... Go johnny, go johnny...

"Ive been waiting

such a long time

but you;re not here

What's another year?"

Edited by somner9

.......and nobody else is going to come along and offer anything like the £2m the CIC is prepared to pay, which is why SG &Co are more than happy to stick this out for as long as it takes. I'd do precisely the same - as long as there is no other "real" option from someone else, and there doesn't appear to be. Unless SG has a costly crack habit, I'm sure he can toddle along as he is right now, likewise the rest of the current BoD.

Who knows, maybe GLS will come up with the extra funding if he is such a fan of the CIC model ? I don't expect anything else other than a CIC takeover, but who knows when.

I was under the impression Ken McGeoch was offering £2m?

The protracted takeover by the CIC is really a worry for me in terms of how it would operate once in control - if there is so much red tape and bureaucracy involved, is this going to work well as a mechanism for running the club...?

I was under the impression Ken McGeoch was offering £2m?

The protracted takeover by the CIC is really a worry for me in terms of how it would operate once in control - if there is so much red tape and bureaucracy involved, is this going to work well as a mechanism for running the club...?

A note of interest is hardly a £2m offer.

I took issue with you saying the guy had 'done nothing' when he has been the most high profile member of the BoD during his first year involved with the club. We'll obviously have to agree to disagree whether convincing 500 fans so far to pay £10 per month for 10 years = nothing important, or being the only person fronting a bid to be accepted by the selling consortium = nothing, or whether the work that has gone into getting the CIC to the stage it is at at the moment = nothing.

have the fans been convinced though? 500 is a small percentage of the support and a tiny fraction of the wider 'community'. also, no one signs up for a 10 year commitment, people are free to cancel after one month if they so wish without repercussions.

Im still on the side of the cic simply because there is no credible alternative and the current board have reached the end of the line.

However im not impressed with the complete lack of info here, via email or on facebook everytime a deadline passes. we even had a 'members' meeting cancelled at last minute and was only informed after people on here started asking wtf was happening.

I dont know what happend behind the scenes but st.mirren is at the heart of this cic and the organisers should start getting proactive with the support instead of waiting for the complaints to start on here before issuing an email.

So he got JDs to put a few signs - advertising JDs !

Campbell K has managed to do the shirt deals for years.

Are you actually aware of the details of the shirt sponsorship deal - I think not .

Do you actually know the amount of real profit (not income) generated by the "conferences" - I think not.

He has failed to deliver a promised CIC. - time up tommorrow I think.

Loan the Club cash - given our current balance sheet not much of a risk I think.

Sounds like about 5 days 'work' in total to me. What has he been doing for the other 360 days ?

What has Glen done - Well firstly I don't want to take over the Club, but I have paid for my own season ticket and coporate advertising and hospitality - out of my own pocket - unlike Mr. Atkinson who does not seem to have spent much on either.

What an odd post. You slabber in typical angry style that REA is not worthy to take over the club based on his performance as Commercial Director, then when some dafty has a half-arsed attempt at listing a few positives, rather than providing information to the contrary you post the same old nonsense the anti-CIC ragers have been posting since the CIC story broke. If you want to convince Saints fans that REA is not up to the job why are you asking for information from other fans. Surely you should be telling us:

The details of the shirt sponsorship deals and how they are worse than what the club brought in before REA got involved.

You tell us the real profit generated by the conferences.

All you have done is post nonsense and accentuated it with the phrase - "I think".

If you anti-CIC dafties want to get together I will be more than happy to hear your concerns and articulate them for you in a way that won't make you look so silly. :P

What an odd post. You slabber in typical angry style that REA is not worthy to take over the club based on his performance as Commercial Director, then when some dafty has a half-arsed attempt at listing a few positives, rather than providing information to the contrary you post the same old nonsense the anti-CIC ragers have been posting since the CIC story broke. If you want to convince Saints fans that REA is not up to the job why are you asking for information from other fans. Surely you should be telling us:

The details of the shirt sponsorship deals and how they are worse than what the club brought in before REA got involved.

You tell us the real profit generated by the conferences.

All you have done is post nonsense and accentuated it with the phrase - "I think".

If you anti-CIC dafties want to get together I will be more than happy to hear your concerns and articulate them for you in a way that won't make you look so silly. :P

same old, same old on both sides I fear :huh:

I have always said Que Sera Sera Scott :blink:

BTW, there is no other option, unless you mean the Status Quo but that is no option IMO.

If the Status Quo prevails, RA would I imagine leave the BOD and the fresh ideas and small improvements in the Club will disappear overnight.

Edited by Vambo57

I have always said Que Sera Sera Scott :blink:

No you haven't. When I have stated that I am not in favour of the Atkinson takeover you have been quick to tell me that there is 'no other option'. I'm glad to see that you recognise the status quo as an option.:)

If the status quo is what we have maybe it is time for Richard Atkinson to put up some of his own money and at least buy out the main shareholder (Gilmour) and retain his position on the board and try to steer the club in his direction. Only problem there would be Atkinson would have to put up his own money.......if such a thing exists.<_<

No you haven't. When I have stated that I am not in favour of the Atkinson takeover you have been quick to tell me that there is 'no other option'. I'm glad to see that you recognise the status quo as an option.:)

If the status quo is what we have maybe it is time for Richard Atkinson to put up some of his own money and at least buy out the main shareholder (Gilmour) and retain his position on the board and try to steer the club in his direction. Only problem there would be Atkinson would have to put up his own money.......if such a thing exists.<_<

Why would he do that Scott?

Look, I'm not pretending to have information at all but from where I'm sitting Atkinson and 10000hours have the cards all in their favour. They've raised significant funding already, it appears to be the best bid on the table and the consortium has a three options -

• hold out for the full £2m and hope the full amount can be raised,
  • accept what has been raised so far, sell up and get the money into their bank accounts,
  • or to continue to retain the shares in the hope that eventually that can find a buyer who can offer them a deal that will let them walk away with as much money as they can now. A move which could potentially see any one of them cut out of the deal if a majority shareholding could be purchased from another configuration - which a bid from McGeoch or from GLS would undoubtedly do.

It would be crazy for Atkinson to make a counter offer against himself right now. :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson