CIC Can we help?

Gordon Urquhart

Richard Atkinson will be needing a tin helmet with all the abuse and sarcastic remarks coming his way these days.

Time for another statement or update perhaps? Sadly the whole thing seems to be running out of steam and credibility.

10,000 Hours Facebook presence, this Saints supporters forum or even the official site threads not updated anymore, shop is a shambles and the weeks just keep on passing by.

Lots of positives around too, stadium looks much better with some branding, team is as good as its been for some time, etc.

Maybe the CIC bid could use the fans skills audit or whatever it was called to seek some final help and support to finally push over the line?

As an example I have experience setting up and running retail ecommerce websites, do they need someone to get Saints online merchandise up and running? Or will this supporters skills resource only be used when (or now if) the CIC deal finally goes through?

Where is GLS Gordon Scott in all of this now? Come on Gordon you can't just come back Lazarus like and then disappear again. We know you use this site, whats your take on it all now?

Maybe the selling consortium could adjust the asking price to make it a reality?

I for one hope it still happens as not too sure what will occur if it doesn't, probably nothing and we will lose the chance to make some positive changes.

Hopefully one last push to get it over the line?

Can we help?

Steve.

Can we help?

Yes we can. Force Atkinson's hand in a put up or shut up kind of way. If it is taking this long to get control of the shareholding what is it going to be like if it does finally get over the line? We'll have the Board, the CIC board, the board below the CIC board etc etc.......... Paralysis awaits.

Stuart Gilmour was on TV saying he expected it to be complete in 10 days that was 11 day's ago. Have also read it will take as long as it takes. Nothing can be added that has not all ready been said. We know CIC 99% there so waiting on that 1% to push it over the line.

As you wrote the club is running along fine , In fact better than it has since our return to the SPL so what's the big rush ?

Maybe the selling consortium could adjust the asking price to make it a reality?

I have to say I've wondered about this more than once. I suppose they might be holding out until it is clear that there is no hope of the deal going through at the current asking price.

This isn't the place for conspiracy theories as you are trying to post a constructive thread, Steve, and (despite the best early efforts of some), I hope it stays this way.

All I will say is that you are 100% spot-on in terms of the credibility issue. It's a shame, really. As LS says, there is no need to panic around this, but it does the cause of the CIC folks no good the longer this drags on.

Stuart Gilmour was on TV saying he expected it to be complete in 10 days that was 11 day's ago. Have also read it will take as long as it takes. Nothing can be added that has not all ready been said. We know CIC 99% there so waiting on that 1% to push it over the line.

As you wrote the club is running along fine , In fact better than it has since our return to the SPL so what's the big rush ?

because there is a chance that the changes are built on shifting sands, depite my cynicism i am not entirely anti-CiC, I just think the asking price for the shares is far too high and feel the uncertainty and lack of information produces a huge questionmark over the club. i suspect the stumbling block might be the hefty price tag on a club that few other people want to buy, why should anyone lend or grant such a hefty sum on a shareholding that is obviously not worth the asking price? These people are answerable on these decisions.

The uncertainty could soon prove to harm the club as we do require a line of credit that relies as much on good faith and continuity of ownership as it does on banking rules. our bankers wont be happy if this drags on interminably, they will be much better informed than the support are but their patience will have it's limits.

And we cant help, the people who are taking their time over the decisions are simply performing due-dilligence. They cannot and should not be swayed by the voices of vested interests, no matter how well-presented they might be. They might even be persauded not to back this initiative if they feel that the 10000 hours people are resorting to populist tactics to try and sway their thinking.

It's really hard for anyone outside of the 10000 years committee to know how long it will take and what is required to get it over the line (if the will to do so is still there)

Maybe if young Dick were to flash some of his own cash in exchange for control of the club there might be a change of tack

because there is a chance that the changes are built on shifting sands, depite my cynicism i am not entirely anti-CiC, I just think the asking price for the shares is far too high and feel the uncertainty and lack of information produces a huge questionmark over the club. i suspect the stumbling block might be the hefty price tag on a club that few other people want to buy, why should anyone lend or grant such a hefty sum on a shareholding that is obviously not worth the asking price? These people are answerable on these decisions.

The uncertainty could soon prove to harm the club as we do require a line of credit that relies as much on good faith and continuity of ownership as it does on banking rules. our bankers wont be happy if this drags on interminably, they will be much better informed than the support are but their patience will have it's limits.

And we cant help, the people who are taking their time over the decisions are simply performing due-dilligence. They cannot and should not be swayed by the voices of vested interests, no matter how well-presented they might be. They might even be persauded not to back this initiative if they feel that the 10000 hours people are resorting to populist tactics to try and sway their thinking.

It's really hard for anyone outside of the 10000 years committee to know how long it will take and what is required to get it over the line (if the will to do so is still there)

Maybe if young Dick were to flash some of his own cash in exchange for control of the club there might be a change of tack

Very good post with which I agree - with the exception of the last paragraph.

If Atkinson were to front up some cash now, the accusation could be levelled that this was his intention all along, and that the CiC was a vehicle for his own ambitions. Granted, there might well be an element of that in any event, but while he isn't putting his own cash up as an integral element of the deal, SMFC will not be beholding to him as the club might be if his money were the deal maker/breaker. I'm unsure as to any technicalities associated with this so could well be talking nonsense, but something tells me it might be a bit suspect (or would be perceived in some quarters as such) if Atkinson were to open his wallet at this stage.

Very good post with which I agree - with the exception of the last paragraph.

If Atkinson were to front up some cash now, the accusation could be levelled that this was his intention all along, and that the CiC was a vehicle for his own ambitions. Granted, there might well be an element of that in any event, but while he isn't putting his own cash up as an integral element of the deal, SMFC will not be beholding to him as the club might be if his money were the deal maker/breaker. I'm unsure as to any technicalities associated with this so could well be talking nonsense, but something tells me it might be a bit suspect (or would be perceived in some quarters as such) if Atkinson were to open his wallet at this stage.

Well it would be a hell of a surprise to me.

With respect to the original poster's intentions, Don't you think as this is the part of the process RA etc said they would work dilligently at then you should expect them to do so and demonstrate they can land a deal successfully?

Let's see them finish what they started, that'll be a good enough indicator of the times ahead :unsure:

With respect to the original poster's intentions, Don't you think as this is the part of the process RA etc said they would work dilligently at then you should expect them to do so and demonstrate they can land a deal successfully?

Let's see them finish what they started, that'll be a good enough indicator of the times ahead :unsure:

Honestly, the most constructive (in my view) post that you have made re the CIC. I think you're dead on, we need to wait and see if what has been spoken of, written about and promised comes to fruition. I, for one, believe it will!

As to whether the shares are too expensive. That's a personal opinion of which there will be many views. My view is that Gilmour and co put their personal wealth which included their houses on the line in the name of St Mirren. Can't even begin to think of the hours and worry they must have went through. Can you imagine going home to the wife to tell her darling we might lose everything if the council don't vote for

St Mirren. You won't tell me there was no personal scares during that bleak period. So for me the shares are not too expensive.

Too much thinking is going into this take over as it's coming up to the finishing line. Stuart Gilmour has said recently it's the only option they are going with and want for the good of the club.

This Saturday can see us stay in the top six , top four to be exact and pull ten point away from the bottom club. What an incredible first quarter this is turning out to be. A strong possibility of returning to Hampden for a semi final.

Young supporters of 30 and younger , take it in guys as history is being made these are the type of times St Mirren don't experience often.

ENJOY :)